We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Phalaris arundinacea or other DMT containing plants Options

blue_velvet
#1 Posted : 11/22/2008 6:24:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I found out that phalaris arundinacea grows in Michigan. As I didn't have a car I spent half my summer walking. I would look in various ditches for this grass. I believe the pond at my foaf's house has it growing in and around it. The thing is I can't tell which, if any, are it. These grasses are all so similar, but with slight differences.

So, what are some specific details I can look for. What traits does arundinacea have that distinguishes it from other grasses. Suggestions, links?

Also, are there any other DMT containing or otherwise entheogenic/psychoactive plants in Michigan? I've found Datura (inoxia or strammonium) and those tiny mushrooms containing trace amounts of psilocybin that you find in your lawn. That's it.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jamie
#2 Posted : 11/24/2008 7:47:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

well its kind of hard for me to describe it without making it confusing as they all look similar(around here at least), but what i can tell you is that phalaris arundinacea seems to grow in abundance near water around here.. its usually has a slight bluish tint to its green colour, and even sometimes a reddish tint in places in the leaves(I have some phalaris resin that is in fact red). Also seems to grow in clumps so once you find a some im sure most of the grass immediatly surrounding itwill be phalaris.

Alkaloid content changes from season to season/week to week so start low and be careful.

I have found VERY STRONG effects off smoking even a water/vinegar extraction boiled down to resin(grass was frozen and put in blender before hand), however it was more like a 5meo ego death trip than N,N DMT... and this was like a few ounces of grass(which really isnt too much)that made like a gram of resin...oh and if you plan on crystals, get lots of naptha!
Long live the unwoke.

blue_velvet
#3 Posted : 11/27/2008 5:10:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks. If I ever find the real stuff I'm looking to make the resin. I'm not versed on extractions and whatnot, and it seems like phalaris would be trickier than the more popular sources.

What part of Canada are you from?

jamie
#4 Posted : 12/5/2008 10:57:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Im from vancouver
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#5 Posted : 12/10/2008 10:25:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

success with arundinacea!!Very happy ...

I finally got around to trying out my phalaris alkaloids from some locally collected grass growing along side a river nearby..

the tech i used is crude and could basically be done over a campfire..it grows everywhere, including in my house, so wasting was not a problem.This was just a test

I froze maybe 2 ounces of grass to break down the cell walls, then stuck it all in a blender and chopped it up.. then threw it all into a pot, added water and vinegar and simmered it for about 25 mins, then strained and continued to boil it down to very small ammount if green liquid, then I put it into freebase form and evaporated it down to a oily green blob..didnt bother with defatting this time..

Next I disolved this blob in some isopropyl and stirred until it was all absorbed, and then evaporated this green tincture back onto some crushed up passionflower leaves for a changa like smoke mix..

I loaded a little pinch into my bubbler ontop of some ashes and took it all in half a lung full..I started to feel some effect..slight tingling like something was going to happen but i couldnt really tell, so about 2 minutes after the first hit I loaded my bowl up again, this time about twice the ammount as before and hit it. Euphoria began to build and I looked at some indian blankets i have on my walls and the patturn began to morph into each other slightly and swirl around. My heartbeat increased slightly and i felt the familiar tingly pressure in my forehead..

I expereinced no nausea, the only side effect was a little uneasy feeling at the beginning(I get this with all tryptamines). I did feel slightly burned out(on the level of cannabis) about an hour or so after but nothing too noticable..could be effects of gramine or other alkaloids as this was just a full extraction.

Seemed to last a bit longer than mimosa alkaloids would at this level as well so i guess there are other contributers..def worth more exploration..kinda weary about breakthrough dosages still though..
Long live the unwoke.

Jorkest
#6 Posted : 12/11/2008 6:05:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

wonderful!!
it's a sound

lorax
#7 Posted : 12/11/2008 1:30:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

post a pic of the grass please!
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

jamie
#8 Posted : 12/11/2008 5:24:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ok, I will try to get a digital camera off my dad so I can take a photo of the the grass I have growing inside that I collected last summer...

for the time being, it looks just like this :

http://www.plant-identif...phalaris-arundinacea.htm

I would also like to note that this grass is known to change in alkaloid content from season to season and region to region, this was collected in august in the pacific northwest of canada..and only the new growth tips were used..
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#9 Posted : 12/12/2008 5:11:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ok i was trying to find some reliable info on gramine and its presence in arundinacea...

The following statement is from erowid...

Phalaris staggers is a serious, and sometimes fatal, disorder that occasionally shows up in sheep, and far more rarely cattle , grazing on Phalaris aquatica (P. tuberosa) [Note 1]. It occurs less frequently with other Phalaris species, and almost never with Phalaris arundinacea.

heres the link..
http://www.erowid.org/li..._phalaris_staggers.shtml

I always thought arundianacea contains more 5meo than N,N, however many sites say the opposite, which would make sense becasue many reports put forth a probable link between 5meo and sheep staggers...

Note that my dog eats this grass everytime I go hike with her, she seems to love it and shows no ill effects..

So, according to erowid, with arundinacea we dont have to be to worried about effects in sheep..but i dont think that they have as of yet proved the link between gramine and phalaris staggers..

Everyone seem to state that phalaris arundinacea does infact contain gramine, but say that arundinacea usually has very low levels of it but couldnt find verification of this.. here is another link concerning gramine and hordenin content of phalaris...
http://crop.scijournals....ontent/abstract/19/6/853

I also cannot find any reports of the actual toxicity of gramine in humans...does anyone here have information reguarding gramine toxicity?

I cannot really find any conclusive reports on weather or not arundinacea even contains gramine..so I guess this is all stil up in the air???

Long live the unwoke.

Jorkest
#10 Posted : 12/12/2008 5:13:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

sheep that were injected with DMT died...so..sheep and dmt do not mix...and somebody posted the evaporating temp of gramine..and its much much higher than dmt...so as long as you dont get it too hot..the gramine stays in the pipe
it's a sound

jamie
#11 Posted : 12/12/2008 5:21:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well i would say that its the DMT then causing the sheep death, as long as its orally active in sheep guts..

Good to know that it vape's at at higher temp..

Also some people in other forums suggest to cut the growth tips every few days and save them up, then use those for extractions, as the new growth contains the most DMT and way less other alkaloids...

Also ppl seem worried about hordenine.. its found in san pedro and peyote and ive never had a problem...
Long live the unwoke.

Jorkest
#12 Posted : 12/12/2008 5:29:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

body builders use it too..hordenine
it's a sound

jamie
#13 Posted : 12/12/2008 5:35:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so i guess not to worry thenVery happy

hey jorkest, cant find youre thred on brachystachys..is it still here?
Long live the unwoke.

Jorkest
#14 Posted : 12/12/2008 5:41:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

should be..not sure where
it's a sound

jamie
#15 Posted : 1/2/2009 11:21:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ok, so I have an jar in mid-extraction that I keep forgetting about..i did a vinegar water extraction on the grass, and filtered a few times. I added naptha to pull the fats..and its been sitting in 2 layers in th jar ever since. The naptha layer has gone a greenish yellow tint, and then on the bottom layer there is a greenish clear liquid, and lining the bottom of the jar there is what looks like whitish crystals. So maybe only one naptha pull with be enough to precipitate crystals in the freezer, but we'll see...
Long live the unwoke.