We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
can DMT expire? Options

Venus in Furs
#1 Posted : 10/31/2011 6:19:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ive had some xstals from my last pull from my first and only extract done a year ago sitting in the bowl i used to evap the naptha in. the bowl was kind of exposed to light every time id turn on the overhead light in my room, and i never stored these xstals properly i think (theyve been just sitting in the bowl the whole year, never moved). just this last week ive started smoking the xstals from this pull, and they seem kind of weak. i use a freebase pipe, have good vaping technique being sure not to burn it and take nice big hits. usually it only takes one big hit held for 5-10 seconds and im in hyperspace, but ive worked up to taking 2-3 big hits and it takes me beyond thresh hold, but still pretty disappointing (mild/moderate CEVs, but black and white, not nearly colorful and strong as usual). so im wondering did my lack of care for these xstals result in them losing potency?

also this week i smoked for 4 days in a row, between 2-3 times a day. ever since the last time i smoked about 48 hrs ago, ive had a fairly bad headache. it started during my last trip, when i started coming up i felt my face going numb and could feel the blood pressure increase in the arteries in my temple area on my head, this kind of scared me like i thought i might be on the verge of having a stroke or aneurysm or something. ive been fine obviously, but the headache is still present on and off. its in the temple area and sinus area. maybe im just getting sick. but is this normal? is it dangerous?

thanks nexians
In this holy reality, in this holy experience. In this body, in this body holding me, be my reminder here that I am not alone. In this body, in this body holding me, we are eternal, all this pain is an illusion......

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

dmtk2852
#2 Posted : 10/31/2011 8:24:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The only guess I could make would be either impurities(naptha) which would explain the other problems, or degradation(but I don't think this is likely, or even possible).

SpartanII
#3 Posted : 10/31/2011 8:51:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Venus in Furs wrote:

also this week i smoked for 4 days in a row, between 2-3 times a day. ever since the last time i smoked about 48 hrs ago, ive had a fairly bad headache. it started during my last trip, when i started coming up i felt my face going numb and could feel the blood pressure increase in the arteries in my temple area on my head, this kind of scared me like i thought i might be on the verge of having a stroke or aneurysm or something. ive been fine obviously, but the headache is still present on and off. its in the temple area and sinus area. maybe im just getting sick. but is this normal? is it dangerous?

thanks nexians

Woah!Shocked I think you might need a break. Why do you want to smoke so often? Why risk permanent psychological or spiritual damage?

۩
#4 Posted : 10/31/2011 9:34:43 PM

Quote:
Why risk permanent psychological or spiritual damage?

I'm sorry, do you have a source for ANY cases like this? What exactly is "Spiritual Damage", anyway?

I used to smoke DMT every day, multiple times a day. Many of us have. So what? Some of us are dedicated and want to actually know what goes on on the other side, and the only way to do that IMHO is to go in as many times as it takes until you REMEMBER, and you DO NOT FORGET. 'Course that's just my opinion. We're all walkin' our own paths...

To answer your question, DMT only "expires" if exposed to extensive heat, light, and air. And even then, it's just DMT-Oxide, and it's still active.

jamie
#5 Posted : 10/31/2011 9:39:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

SpartanII wrote:
Venus in Furs wrote:

thanks nexians

Woah!Shocked I think you might need a break. Why do you want to smoke so often? Why risk permanent psychological or spiritual damage?

I smoked DMT nearly every single day for a year and I dont have psychological damage..I also have drink ayahuasca more than once a week for over a year now without any damage..

No, this does not sound normal IMO. Maybe you are just getting sick..that is a possability. I would take a break from smoking anyway for a few days or more and eat well..I dont think anyone here can tell you what is going on. I have had a headache after smoking DMT before but not 48 hours later. I dont think 48 hours later you can really attribute this to DMT...
Long live the unwoke.

VoidTraveler
#6 Posted : 10/31/2011 11:34:46 PM

Traveler's pet cactus

Senior Member | Skills: Harm reduction

From what I've understood is that DMT crystals can oxidize. They bind themselves to oxygen molecules and the resulting o-dmt should be a yellowish oily substance. Source. Not to be confused with the yellow DMT product after certain extraction techniques.

You probably had O-DMT that you smoked, but it's also most likely polluted with dust and other materials that float in the air on an average. How much did you smoke? If you really want to smoke the remainder of what you have, why not re-dissolve them in naphtha, do a quick wash and re-crystallize? That way you know for sure you've got rid of possible pollutants. Not sure on how to turn the oxidized DMT back into regular crystals though.
The spice extends life.
The spice expands consciousness.
The spice is vital to space travel.

Global
#7 Posted : 11/1/2011 3:38:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

۩ wrote:
Quote:

I'm sorry, do you have a source for ANY cases like this? What exactly is "Spiritual Damage", anyway?

I used to smoke DMT every day, multiple times a day. Many of us have. So what? Some of us are dedicated and want to actually know what goes on on the other side, and the only way to do that IMHO is to go in as many times as it takes until you REMEMBER, and you DO NOT FORGET. 'Course that's just my opinion. We're all walkin' our own paths...

To answer your question, DMT only "expires" if exposed to extensive heat, light, and air. And even then, it's just DMT-Oxide, and it's still active.

I agree. I had a period of heavy use, and it was probably the greatest period of my life. If anything I emerged from that period a much more resolved and refined individual. Everyone has their own habits and capabilities and others can't project their own tendencies on others. For example, even when I was smoking DMT in what some would consider to be excess, I was completely unable to understand how some of my friends were managing to so immensely obliterate themselves with alcohol. I would just never be able to ever come close to drinking that much, but I understand that we have different bodies and we like different things and so to each his own. Meanwhile, they're baffled by how much weed and DMT I like to smoke. DMT isn't for everybody and certainly regular use isn't for everybody either and everyone must respect their own limitations imposed by their body and not their own desires. Negative set and setting is much more likely to exert a negative impact than repetitious use and is also not so likely to show through in many of those trip reports where people go off the deep end. Everyone can have difficult experiences, but if you notice the ones who have persistent psychological problems (not the OP) often weren't the most positive people or mature people in the first place. DMT can help solve many of our problems, but it can also exacerbate them, and isn't the kind of thing you take to forget about things, get away from your troubles or hope that they'll magically be solved. There are times for DMT to be taken seriously and other times to take things a bit more light heartedly and many of these chronically troubled individuals seem to be unable to disengage from the seriousness of everything. In any case, it does sound like the OP could use a break with persisting head aches. Sometimes I may get a head ache if I feel I've been overstimulated throughout the day, and they're more common with aya/pharma. I would take an excedrin or advil and see if that clears things up.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

SpartanII
#8 Posted : 11/1/2011 8:25:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

I'm not trying to prove a theory or anything so I don't need sources. I'm referring to the reports of people I've talked with (here included) in which people said they smoked it too much/too often which resulted in traumatic experiences that include lingering effects to this day. All I'm saying is that it affects everyone different and when dealing with something as powerful as DMT, it might be in our best interest to use caution, discretion and respect, especially if we find ourselves becoming obsessed- smoking DMT all day everyday sounds like an obsession to me, and the fact that you are so defensive about it lends credence to my observation. I thought this place was for exploration of the spirit molecule, not worship of the spirit molecule.Rolling eyes Spiritual damage is a concern to me because of the possibility that these DMT entities may be malevolent. We just don't know what is going on when we smoke the stuff, we may never know until it's too late, so I stand by my words of caution.

Global
#9 Posted : 11/1/2011 2:43:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

SpartanII wrote:
۩ wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

I'm not trying to prove a theory or anything so I don't need sources. I'm referring to the reports of people I've talked with (here included) in which people said they smoked it too much/too often which resulted in traumatic experiences that include lingering effects to this day. All I'm saying is that it affects everyone different and when dealing with something as powerful as DMT, it might be in our best interest to use caution, discretion and respect, especially if we find ourselves becoming obsessed- smoking DMT all day everyday sounds like an obsession to me, and the fact that you are so defensive about it lends credence to my observation. I thought this place was for exploration of the spirit molecule, not worship of the spirit molecule.Rolling eyes Spiritual damage is a concern to me because of the possibility that these DMT entities may be malevolent. We just don't know what is going on when we smoke the stuff, we may never know until it's too late, so I stand by my words of caution.

This isn't about worship of the molecule. It's simply counter-observations. Also, think about it this way: people do it 5 times in their life and each one was a great experience. As far as they're concerned nothing can go wrong with it. Frankly the more you do it, the greater the statistical probability that you'll eventually stumble upon a negative experience. What I was trying to say is that yes: these people who end up with psychological damage may have done it several times a day, but correlation doesn't prove causation! There are most likely much more important variables that lead to their unfortunate trip and consequently circumstances that are not likely to actually show up in the trip reports like their true set.

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

SpartanII
#10 Posted : 11/1/2011 3:41:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
SpartanII wrote:
۩ wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

This isn't about worship of the molecule. It's simply counter-observations. Also, think about it this way: people do it 5 times in their life and each one was a great experience. As far as they're concerned nothing can go wrong with it. Frankly the more you do it, the greater the statistical probability that you'll eventually stumble upon a negative experience. What I was trying to say is that yes: these people who end up with psychological damage may have done it several times a day, but correlation doesn't prove causation! There are most likely much more important variables that lead to their unfortunate trip and consequently circumstances that are not likely to actually show up in the trip reports like their true set.

I don't know why you are responding for House, but the more you guys team up on me in your defense against my post, the more this place starts looking like a fundamentalist Christianity board. Confused

I never said smoking DMT was harmful, I'm not out to prove anything or argue, I was just concerned the OP was over-doing it/obsessing- as I have heard about and had some horrible, soul crushing trips.

So you're kinda 'beating a dead horse' with your reply, no offense.Wink

Sorry OP for inadvertently derailing your thread, I'm just trying to help. Hyperspace isn't going anywhere, and you may never find the answers you're looking for, but the mind can be fragile so maybe give yourself some time to integrate the experiences.:idea:

Global
#11 Posted : 11/1/2011 3:47:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think my post makes more sense if you read my other post before it. By criticizing house, I was in the same boat so I had the same things to defend Wink If you notice I also mentioned that I thought the OP may have been overdoing it.

۩
#12 Posted : 11/1/2011 3:56:13 PM

Sounds like someone just can't handle their doses. Smile

Honestly, You are more at risk of putting yourself in some kind of "spiritual damage" believing there are "malevolent entities" that are trying to mess with you, than you are with smoking DMT. See what I Mean? Relax and don't take this so seriously. Your beliefs will bring you down.

SpartanII
#13 Posted : 11/1/2011 4:21:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
Sounds like someone just can't handle their doses. Smile

Honestly, You are more at risk of putting yourself in some kind of "spiritual damage" believing there are "malevolent entities" that are trying to mess with you, than you are with smoking DMT. See what I Mean? Relax and don't take this so seriously. Your beliefs will bring you down.

I never said I believe the entities were malevolent, I said there was a possibility. Funny how you tell me to not take it so seriously when you were the one who was so defensive.

edit: I apologize if I'm coming off as abrasive, I have a lot of anger in me and sometimes it projects through my personality. I just see many on this board who are obviously psychologically addicted to smoking DMT, and also quick to defend it.

Ice House
#14 Posted : 11/1/2011 5:26:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Funny little thread. It deserves my 2cents.

I stopped counting a while back. I do know that I have embarked on many hundreds of voyages. I've done it as many as 10x in one day.

I've gone so far, so deep that I thought I was damaged for life and yet here I am, better than ever replying to this thread.

Its not for everyone. It is for me. I am the face of DMT. I am the voice of DMT. I am the best and the worst it has to offer.

My relationship always has been one voyage at a time. Whether its some freshly pulled white crystals or whether its 3 YEAR OLD JIMJAM that's still as potent as the day I extracted it, DMT is my ally, my spiritual advisor, my friend and once in a blue moon my worst nightmare.

Stored in a minimally protective manner your spice will stay potent for years, many years.

Wanna learn more about the whos, whats, when, where, and how of DMT?
Do it one break through at a time.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Global
#15 Posted : 11/1/2011 7:30:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SpartanII wrote:
I just see many on this board who are obviously psychologically addicted to smoking DMT, and also quick to defend it.

FYI I smoke DMT around once every two weeks, and only if I feel like it at that so sometimes more. I do not feel like I am currently psychologically addicted to it. I had a period where I had the opportunity to partake as often as I liked, but it was out of my self-perpetuated curiosity and eagerness to learn and less about a psychological addiction. Can DMT be psychologically addicting? Of course. Anything pleasant can be addicting regardless of whether or not you're putting foreign substances in your own body. I maintain that most experiences that go over-the-top sour are overdosages that are not necessarily tied to repetitious use. Let's even assume that someone loads up 15mg which would normally be a low dose for him. If his GVG (or any piece for that matter) isn't clean and has DMT condensate, there's not much stopping a whole bunch of it from being vaporized all at once and now even though our hypothetical tripper has loaded up 15mg, he's gonna have to contend with a dosage more around 30mg. This is all not to mention that even if he loaded up 15mg into a clean GVG, DMT is unpredictable enough that it could end up being a way more powerful experience than any other 15mg dose has ever been (and for no apparent reason either).

jamie
#16 Posted : 11/1/2011 7:38:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"I just see many on this board who are obviously psychologically addicted to smoking DMT, and also quick to defend it."

Sort of how you are so quick to lable others with titles that seem to support your paradigm? Seriously this back for forth bullshit is not a very honerable way to adress each other.

Long live the unwoke.

Infundibulum
#17 Posted : 11/1/2011 7:45:56 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

SpartanII wrote:
I just see many on this board who are obviously psychologically addicted to smoking DMT, and also quick to defend it.

Isn't it a lose-lose situation? If one does not reply, then he may be submitting to your assertion, and if one replies he then again submits to your assertion!Confused

Hail the psychologically addicted to dmt!Very happy

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

gantz grof
#18 Posted : 11/3/2011 2:16:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

good calls.

there is no evidence to suggest psychological dependence.
also, there is no need for such defensiveness on ethnobotanical forums, and even more so on this forum, there is a general lack of trolling on ethno forums, but in this case there is no trolling at all, it's a completely positive environment, and no one is trying to attack anyone else, unlike on many other forums where this type of behaviour so often develops.

not many people enjoy or can accept either being "wrong" (perhaps incorrect is better) or being attacking to any degree, so many people, myself including, will employ defence mechanisms to protect themselves, it is natural human behaviour, but it is not nearly as necessary as it is employed, and it is the cause of much hostility.

this behaviour is especially not needed in such a positive environment as this one, everybody is here for everybody else.

and not to mention also, it is ok to be wrong, it is also natural to be wrong, and to hopefully learn something from being wrong, there is no need to feel bad about it, but many people do (myself included).

it takes some practice being able to accept ones' mistakes, it also takes courage.

i'm not saying anyone is right or wrong in this thread, but i am saying there is no reason to make assumptions about people who you dont know, and cant make accurate assumptions about given lack of relevant information, i am also saying there is no need for hostility here.

thanks.

my name, is nobody.

*Gantz Grof is a fictional character created as part of an interactive experimental hyperreal novel concept
Gantz Grof exists within "Meta-Novel" which you are currently reading, and therefore a part of.

As one critique of Meta-Novel said:
"if Meta-Novel is fiction, then what is reality?"
As nein critiques said:
"Genius" "Fresh" "the new IN!"

Meta-Novel draws its inspiration from the likes of Kaufman, Jarmusch and others, who coincidentally stole the idea from the creator of Gantz Grof and Meta-Novel.
Meta-Novel is all rights reserved, Once existing within Metaverse, one is owned and belongs to Meta-Novel itself, and therefore also the creator of Meta-Novel

tele
#19 Posted : 11/3/2011 2:25:12 PM
Explorer

SpartanII wrote:

I'd say the addiction(if there is some) would be from the want to explore consciousness and the unknown.
Basically something such as DMT that can cause very severe terror and the highest extacy is hard to become addicted to in the general sense IMO, as you never know what is going to come on your next journey. It's not like the usual drug which causes the same high each time.

Global
#20 Posted : 11/3/2011 4:50:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Even in the case of individuals with psychological addiction to DMT, it seems that this addiction tends to be short-term as DMT has a way of regulating itself. Those who abuse it seem less likely to be able to get to where they like to get to the point where it's no longer worth it anymore, and this is just assuming the regulation has taken the form of degredation in potency not to mention that it can swing around the complete other way and provide terrifying dysphoric experiences.

12NEXT