We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello fellow psychonauts Options

watstone23
#1 Posted : 10/31/2011 5:09:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone,

I didn't have a full on "psychedelic" experience until I was 24 years old. I ate a bunch of shrooms and not long after I ingested them I had an "Oh Shit, what have I done?!" moment, lol. I would call it an initiatory experience. Before I had this experience I was reading a lot on conspiracies and "the occult" and all of that stuff and my big ego kind of combined all this into one big mindfuck.

Since about the age of twenty one I've been striving to understand reality and my place in it. Entheogens have played an important part in this. I felt in my heart that there was more to reality than what most people believe, but I kind of had to take it on faith. I spent a couple of years in Peru and Bolivia and drank ayahuasca a few dozen times. After that I didn't have to take it all on faith, I experienced all manner of weird shit. I would say that the most important things I learned were that the ego is what causes most of the problems we experience for ourselves personally, and in the world in general. The whole ego thing can be a bit tricky... it's a bit much to go into here. The other thing I learned is that there is, for lack of a better word, a *god* and despite appearances he loves us and cares about us. When I say god, I mean the pre existent source of everything, the great spirit. I still don't understand it, I think by it's very nature it's incomprehensible, but I do believe that it has nothing but love and benevolence for us.

Well, that's it.

Your devoted water buffalo,

George

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

oden
#2 Posted : 10/31/2011 7:15:18 AM

odin the one

welcome.. i see we share some of the same thoughts.... glad you made.... you came to the rt place