We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Friends of the Coca Leaf Social Club Options

Untm
#1 Posted : 10/29/2011 7:16:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone, I wanted to tell you guys about a organization I have been helping to organize in cooperation with the EU organization ENCOD.

Friends of the Coca Leaf

First I will like to tell you guys a few small things about the amazing Coca plant, it grows naturally in the high altitudes of the Andes Mountains in South America; most notably Peru and Bolivia. The plant has fleshy, soft green leaves, white flowers and tasty red berries; the plant itself never gets much higher than a tall bush. This plant has been used traditionally in the area for centuries and is the famed 'Divine Plant of the Incas', its most noticeable benefits are anti-nausea, headache reduction, high nutritional value, as well as providing mild stimulation and supporting weight balance. The leaves are traditionally drank in a tea as well as quidded and sucked next to the gums, the alkaloids are not water soluble so when drank in a tea it lacks the stimulation but aids highly in digestion and nausea as well as providing the body with nutrients. When the leaves are quidded you receive the same benefits from the tea but a moderate clear headed stimulation is present, not over bearing in any way; very clean with a warm social feeling and no jitters unlike Caffeine. When quidded they have also shown to be highly beneficial for the health of the gums as well as the teeth, when quidded usually wood ash or Sodium Bicarbonate is used in order to help release the alkaloids. Like Cannabis sativa/indica Coca has over 50+ different compounds in the leaves and each one aids and changes the effects of the other, it would be naive to say that Cocaine and stimulation are the primary effects of Coca just like it would be naive to say THC is the only active in Cannabis. This plant receives a horrible stigma because of it's Cocaine content when really this is not the case at all, in a sense it's no stronger than a cup of espresso; not to mention instead of upsetting the stomach it aids in stomach digestion and function. These are merely a few of the uses of this plant, it has been used to make flour, treatments in toothpaste, haircare products as well as providing extracts for nutrition. If one was to take all the coffee away from America or Europe people would riot, we are striving to free this plant from it's oppression and allow it the same place in society as Caffeine.

The goals of this Club are to promote the awareness and educational use of this plant as well as setting up a legal, protected fairtrade market for organic Coca leaves to be shipped and distributed to members in the EU.

This Social Club is open to any EU country member and the membership fee is 25 euros, this payment will allow you access to the ordering of organic Coca, event and meeting invitations, newsletters, as well as the website and forum access. We have just gotten conformation that our bank account has finally been set up and next we will begin developing a website. On this website we will have information, news, forums, as well as an order form for the Coca leaves them selves. We have set up the pricing of the Coca leaves for two reasons, the first being so that the pricing will be high enough to discourage members from buying enough Coca leaves to extract their own Cocaine. The second reason is that we will be paying a higher price for them compared to the cartels operating in South America, we hope by out bidding them it will be more beneficial for farmers to sell quality plant materials to educated consumers other than selling bulk Cocaine base to the cartels and therefor hopefully discouraging illegal drug trade and supporting the local tradition of using the leaves naturally.

We have set the maximum order of leaves at 150 grams per member per week for 15 euros. This is about the average daily consumption of about 20 grams a day for a traditional user. The order profits will break up like so, 5 for the grower, 5 for shipping, and 5 for our administration fees. We feel this is a fair price and it will be mutually beneficial to both South America and the EU.

On the note of Cocaine, in order to gather enough leaves to extract a gram of Cocaine it would take a member 3 years buying the maximum order possible every week. This would add to to expenses over 1000 euros just for the leaves themselves, then they would have to purchase reagents, and then spend the time doing the work themselves. This way we can discourage the extraction of Cocaine and keep member usage to the traditional positive benefits of the natural leaves.

I will now quote some information from the website so you can have a better idea of our goals and mission both short term and long term.

If you would like to become a member please copy and fill out this form and send it by email, you will be notified of upcoming information and when the bank account is up how you can deposit your membership fees and place orders.

Quote:
REGISTRATION FORM

YES, I want to be a member of the Association ’Friends of the Coca leaf’

Please keep me informed

Name:

Email adress:

City/country:

and send it to coca2009@encod.org

We will soon send you more information.

Quote:
Global long term strategies

Once we have established this operational system, we will see what the responses will be. It is possible that we need to face legal action and then organising our defense will be the primary task of the association. The legal defense will be based on the violation (of international coca leaf prohibition) of 4 Conventions or Declarations of the UN on Human Rights, and the fact that this model is aiming at protecting puiblic health and at reducing the ilegal cocaine production.

If we are not prosecuted we can grow and start to invest in events to inform and promote the traditional culture around the coca leaf, we could even think of the promotion of sustainable tourism to coca producing regions.

On 18 June 2011, during a cultural event in Antwerp (Belgium) called the "Miracles of Pachamama", the First European Association of Coca Leaf Consumers was established. Goal of the new association is to create a system for small scale distribution of coca leaves and their traditional derivates in Europe, according to the rules of fair trade and ecological agriculture.

The association ’Friends of the Coca leaf’ surges as a response to the concerns in the European civil society on the impact of anti-drig policies in general and of the ban on the coca leaf in particular. The association has the following objectives:

1. Improve the understanding in Europe of the Andean Amazonian coca leaf culture, counter the confusion between coca leaves and cocaine, and avoid the stigmatisation of consumers and producers of this plant in its natural state.

2. To defend the use of the coca leaf and its traditional derivates in the entire world as a contribution to public health, thanks to its high medicinal value.

3. To promote the creation of systems for the legal distribution of the coca leaf and its traditional derivates for the personal use of its members, by legal means and respecting the rules of fair trade, in co-operation with organisations of producers and social enterprises in Colombia, Peru and Bolivia, who produce traditional derivates, respecting the current ecological and public health norms.

Please consider joining us in out fight for the freedom and liberation of this medicinal and culturally valuable entheogen.

Thank you all for letting me share my work with you, may each of you have a great day; Peace and Love
-Untm

P.S.- Free the Coca!

Most of my sources come from tags on Wikipedia which I think is a great resource given you check the citations at the bottom, as well as the text, History of Coca: The Divine Plant of the Incas, by W. Golden Mortimer, M.D.
Untm attached the following image(s):
COCAilustracion-2-f8e5f.jpg (30kb) downloaded 432 time(s).

Tea fell into water
Smoalk N,N DMT errrrday

Quote:
11:53:11 ‹Untm› Nexus chat and anti-gravity simulated racing is my coffee.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

tele
#2 Posted : 10/29/2011 9:06:08 PM
Explorer

I appreciate your mission! It definately is a beneficial and holy plant that has much more to offer than simply cocaine.

I wonder, are there any legal issues with shipping coca leaves inside EU?

jamie
#3 Posted : 10/29/2011 9:16:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"The second reason is that we will be paying a higher price for them compared to the cartels operating in South America, we hope by out bidding them it will be more beneficial for farmers to sell quality plant materials to educated consumers other than selling bulk Cocaine base to the cartels and therefor hopefully discouraging illegal drug trade and supporting the local tradition of using the leaves naturally"

This also saves the rainforest. For those that are not yet aware, cocaine extraction often occurs in mass quantities with toxic chemicals done right in the rainforest in large tarped off pools of water and chemicals etc that are then drained off into the forest and surrounding streams having a horrible effect on the immediate environment. This alone should be reason enough for people to never support the sale of extracted cocaine ever again.
Long live the unwoke.

Untm
#4 Posted : 10/29/2011 9:16:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We have done it many times by now in small discreet packets, the real benefit about being in the Club though is if your order does get taken by Police they by law cannot charge you or take you personally to court. By becoming a member you become protected by law under the organization, if your leaves are taken you tell them you are a member of this Club and they have to go to us and take the Club to court. This is all part of the system as we have already presented the club to the Belgium Parliament and therefor it is represented as a blanket EU protection. The orders should come through uninterrupted though if that answers your question.

Quote:
This also saves the rainforest. For those that are not yet aware, cocaine extraction often occurs in mass quantities with toxic chemicals done right in the rainforest in large tarped off pools of water and chemicals etc that are then drained off into the forest and surrounding streams having a horrible effect on the immediate environment. This alone should be reason enough for people to never support the sale of extracted cocaine ever again.

Exactly Fractal thank you for touching on that very important point as well.

Tea fell into water
Smoalk N,N DMT errrrday

Quote:

corpus callosum
#5 Posted : 10/30/2011 9:45:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

I think that should the day ever come when drugs policy is enacted on a rational basis then coca leaf used in the traditional fashion would be a great candidate for being legal.

Unfortunately for those of us in the UK, the Misuse of Drugs Act (1971?) equates the possession of E. Coca leaf as being 'no different' than possessing cocaine freebase or Hcl.Also, because the UK is kind of on the periphery of the 'proper' EU and is very protective of its Misuse of Drugs Act it is not beholden to any changes made to the legal position of coca leaf in continental Europe.Sadly, I strongly suspect that a UK citizen who imported even a small amount of coca leaf from any source, and was unlucky enough to have the letter 'examined' by the authorities would most probably have an importation of a class A drug charge laid upon them.Even if at the end of the process the charge was dropped or failed to stick, it would be most unpleasant, not least of all because of the inevitable search of ones property which, as Im sure most would agree, may well contain other 'items' which would earn further charges which are likely to lead to a fine/conviction/criminal record.

Having put a damper on things (for the UK peeps), I still do admire Untms' groups efforts.We in the West have a tendency to cause cultural vandalism which has adverse consequences for those who are fully versed in the sensible use of various ethnobotanicals and have done so for a very long time, and by all accounts, with few or no problems.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

christian
#6 Posted : 10/30/2011 10:01:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I respect your mission also, and wish you the best. I too, would like to join, being someone who has frequenly chewed the coca leaves with 'lichta' in Peru in the past.

-However, as Corpus has already stated, in my country they are classed as "banned illegal drugs", and i would not be doing myself any favors by importing them. So on this occasion i regret to decline your offer. Thank you.
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

rOm
#7 Posted : 10/30/2011 1:43:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm in. I wholeheartly feel coca leaves as well as the whole plant desserve more than being just a "cow" to make cocaine.
It's one of the main medecinal plant of south america for many.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

obliguhl
#8 Posted : 10/30/2011 3:05:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
"The second reason is that we will be paying a higher price for them compared to the cartels operating in South America, we hope by out bidding them it will be more beneficial for farmers to sell quality plant materials to educated consumers other than selling bulk Cocaine base to the cartels and therefor hopefully discouraging illegal drug trade and supporting the local tradition of using the leaves naturally"

I'd guess that the cartel would respond to this by saying "Continue selling or get killed".

Quote:

We have done it many times by now in small discreet packets, the real benefit about being in the Club though is if your order does get taken by Police they by law cannot charge you or take you personally to court. By becoming a member you become protected by law under the organization, if your leaves are taken you tell them you are a member of this Club and they have to go to us and take the Club to court. This is all part of the system as we have already presented the club to the Belgium Parliament and therefor it is represented as a blanket EU protection.

Please explain...in germany, if you are buying "Class A" drugs, YOU are responsible for it, not some club.

Besides that, i wish you good luck...

Untm
#9 Posted : 10/30/2011 3:49:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

Please explain...in germany, if you are buying "Class A" drugs, YOU are responsible for it, not some club.

Yes I'm sure most of you are aware that Coca leaves are banned and considered a Class A drug in almost every EU country, you have to understand by opening this club we are directly challenging the EU parliament; stating that these laws are bullshit and we should be able to use Coca leaves freely. You can check the ENCOD website and see that we created another organization in a similar way that is a Cannabis Social Club, you can see that they have taken us to court over the issue twice; not one member was ever brought into court in violation of the drug laws by joining this organization. We were however found in trial both times to not be guilty of any crime.

I understand your concerns though as many others, I am not from the EU originally so each individual law I cannot account for, I will though pass all these responses on to the President, he has set this up and has had it approved so I will let him answer your questions about legality and regulations; I do know though we already have various members from Germany, UK, Spain, NL, Belgium, and Norway. So I do know this is possible, just not the specifics.

I'm sure you are also be aware that Germany itself has a few operating legal Cannabis Clubs so I will tell you this is all possible, I will give you the full response as I hear it myself. I am merely someone who studies Botany and is interested in spreading this message further, I will let the legal professionals answer your questions about EU law.

Quote:
I'd guess that the cartel would respond to this by saying "Continue selling or get killed".

I appreciate your concerns but diverting drug trafficking is not our main goal, I merely stated a possibility of what might happen if we invade the market. Of course I cannot determine the goals and motives of cartels nor is it our main function; this function being the spread of use and information of Coca while creating a legal market in the EU is our main goal.

Thank you are for your questions and concerns, this is all very confusing to me trying to learn and understand the various laws and languages of operating countries so I will try to get back to each one of you as quickly and clearly as I can. Be aware though that in my home country as of now Coca is also considered a Class A drug, indeed some of us are taking a risk but the real legal risks fall upon myself, the President, the Secretary, and the Treasury. If this Club does become a legal matter we will be the ones that will have to go to court and deal with the issues, I hope your support lies in us and I will get you all the specifics of the legal working as quickly as I can.

Much Love and Peace
-Untm

Tea fell into water
Smoalk N,N DMT errrrday

Quote:

a1pha
#10 Posted : 10/30/2011 5:31:01 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Untm wrote:
Hello everyone, I wanted to tell you guys about a organization I have been helping to organize in cooperation with the EU organization ENCOD.

Untm,

Much love to you and ENCOD. Your mission is just and I thank you for your hard efforts to push the organization further. Please let us know if there's anything we can do.

Keep it up!

-a1pha
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Untm
#11 Posted : 12/20/2011 7:06:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dear friends,

We are moving ahead with the processes and the different stages necessary to bring coca leaves from South America to Europe in a manner of fair trade.

The process has been slow paced because we trying to find a methodology consistent with our message, this message seeks to tolerate the traditional use of coca leaf in the world. We relied on this in the international conventions that protect human and civil rights. At the same time we reiterate our willingness to contribute to ecological production and processing of coca leaf, seeking to obtain an organic certification label.

Things are coming together step by step. Many thanks for your patience.

The year 2012 will hopefully see the birth of the first Coca shipments, so we hope!

The first step:

We need friends now to officially subscribe to the association and become a member by completing the form mentioned below.

Quote:
REGISTRATION FORM

YES, I want to be a member of the Association ’Friends of the Coca leaf’

Please keep me informed

Name:

Email adress:

City/country:

and send it to coca2009@encod.org

They are also asked to pay the membership fee which is, as already announced, 25 euros per year. For banking details, see below.

This amount will allow the association to continue working to prepare for future steps including among others the creation of a website, etc. .. From now on we will send a monthly report to all the members. We will begin working with producers to make the first shipment of coca leaves to the first members.

The deadline to join this group of early members and thus prepare the first submission is January 31, 2012. Of course, it is always possible to join after this date.

Our goal remains to install a mechanism to facilitate sending up to 150 grams of coca leaf per week at a price of 15 euros.

The second step:

When producers are ready to be ship their goods and have the authority to do so, the members will be immediately informed. At that time members will be required to make payment if you are interested in receiving your first order.

Please pay your annual membership fee (25 euro) to the following account:

IBAN BE49 5809 0016 6071
BIC GEBABEBB
Att. Encod / Friends, Antwerpen, Belgium
Ref: your email address / email address / your email address / your address email.

The association will assist its members in case of legal conflicts as long as it has fulfilled the conditions set by the association.

Kind regards

The board of the Association of Friends of the Coca Leaf

Tea fell into water
Smoalk N,N DMT errrrday

Quote:

Attention All Shipping
#12 Posted : 4/27/2012 8:33:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I wish you well in this endeavour & respect what you're trying to do.
I got one of your earlier communications on 'Friends of the coca leaf' but decided not to join for the same reason a number of others in the UK did: the legal status of coca in this country and the fact that any intercepted imports would be treated the same as cocaine, with the penalty falling on the purchaser rather than your association.

While supporting your goal I have to disagree with your assertion:

Quote:
the real benefit about being in the Club though is if your order does get taken by Police they by law cannot charge you or take you personally to court. By becoming a member you become protected by law under the organization, if your leaves are taken you tell them you are a member of this Club and they have to go to us and take the Club to court.

It won't work like that and I think its a little irresponsible to claim it will. There are a lot of different legal jurisdictions in the EU but, at least in the UK (and to my knowledge elsewhere) membership of any organisation does not confer immunity from acts breaching the law, or transfer responsibility to that organisation.
You can't waive or assign legal responsibility for criminal acts.

I hope you don't mind me quoting an earlier e-mail from yourselves as it differs a bit from what you say regarding legal action and the level of involvement in legal cases.

Quote:
At the same time we have asked a Brussels based lawyer, expert in international legislation concerning coca leaves, to draft an extensive document containing all arguments against coca leaf prohibition based on the defense of the right to practice one's culture. This document will be translated in english, and made available to all members of the Association. The document will make references to international legislation and can therefore be used by any lawyer in a EU country who wishes to plea 'non-guilty' in case that someone is persecuted for importing a quantity of coca leaves for personal use. This document will be ready in the first week of March.

I have to disagree that:
Quote:
"real legal risks fall upon myself, the President, the Secretary, and the Treasury. If this Club does become a legal matter we will be the ones that will have to go to court and deal with the issues,

- the real risk will be borne by the people whose names are on the envelope of coca leaves as they will be the ones thrown into jail & be forced to deal with the legal issues.

I wish you all the best & hope everyone involved avoids any legal issues but I feel anyone considering this worthy activity should consider & be aware of the real legal risks which could fall on them.

christian
#13 Posted : 4/27/2012 10:33:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've just returned from a Peru trip where i stayed in Tingo Maria, Peru's main Coca growing area. Coca leaves are sold extremely cheap.
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

Eliyahu
#14 Posted : 4/27/2012 11:27:09 PM
סנדלפון

Hey there,

I get my coca leaves nice and legally here in the states from a certain legally sanctioned web site here in the US..

I might also add A cup of Coca tea about 20 minutes before smoking DMT is quite marvelous!

And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

christian
#15 Posted : 4/27/2012 11:51:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Eliyahu wrote:
Hey there,I might also add A cup of Coca tea about 20 minutes before smoking DMT is quite marvelous!

I can imagine that this would certainly give some support. In Peru you can buy Coca leaf in powdered form for easier use, absorbtion. Even though some locals said a tea made from fresh leaves was superior, i still found the powdered leaf to actually be stronger. This is probably because it was micropulverized,etc.Thumbs up

Attention All Shipping
#16 Posted : 4/28/2012 2:39:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

greater surface area soaking in the water will mean more alkaloids absorbed into the water, hence stronger brew.

christian
#17 Posted : 4/28/2012 2:57:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

True. Could also be that you can fit quite a few leaves into 2 teaspoons of coca powder. I'll say this about it: When mixed with a teaspoon or two of honey, it was the tastiest coca tea i ever had. I love coca teas remarkable earthy coca taste, and honey is a great taste combo. After 20 mins of so could really feel it working. Nice stuff. Smile

Untm
#18 Posted : 6/1/2012 12:01:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Dear friends

Herewith we send a few updates on the progress of the association.

1. Shipments

On April 23, a producer of coca leaf located in the Tropical region of Cochabamba, Bolivia, sent the first 30 packages of 150 grams of coca leaf in certified mail to 30 members. Some members (in Spain and Austria) have already received their package, others are still waiting. We have tried to find out what is going on for some of them and we have been told that the packages have not left Bolivia yet. In Bolivia, we have recieved the comment that the delay may be due to a problem in the company Aerosur, which is responsible for air transport of packages. Anyway, if they do not reach their destination, we can make a claim for each of the packages in the post office where they were deposited. If you have not received a package and would like to claim on your behalf, please contact us.

We have received no news of members who have undergone a police intervention with respect to the receipt of their shipment.

This week a second series of 23 packets will be sent again from Cochabamba, and in June we plan a third shipment. In this third shipment we will cooperate with two new producers, one of Los Yungas, Bolivia and the other one from Peru. If you would like to take part in this third group, please place your order before June 10 (see form below).

2. Legal Defense

We have prepared a draft text of the legal argumentation that can be used by anyone who suffers when suffering judicial intervention in Europe on the import of an amount of coca leaves for personal use. We sent the draft to a lawyer in the Netherlands specialized in the area. We hope to have a final version for the second half of June, so we can send it to all the members who need it.

3. Testimonies

We again call on all members to send us a short testimony (in writing, picture or even a short video) that explains why they want to consume coca leaves, what this consumption means for them. These testimonies (anonymous if desired) can be useful in the legal defense and also published on the website of the association which we are preparing.

In short, we make progress, slowly but surely.

Let us know if you have questions or suggestions

Best wishes

Baylen, Beatrice, Joep and Julien

Please pay the price of your shipment (15 euro) to the following bank account (payments per Paypal are also possible - please contact us):

IBAN BE49 0016 5809 6071
BIC GEBABEBB

Banco: Fortis Bank, Warandeberg, Brussel

Att. Encod/Amigos, Antwerpen, Belgium

Ref: your name
--

vzw VRIENDEN VAN HET COCABLAD

PLOEGSTRAAT 27 – 2018 ANTWERPEN – BELGIUM

Tel. +32 495 122 644

coca2009@encod.org - www.encod.org

Tea fell into water
Smoalk N,N DMT errrrday

Quote:

Attention All Shipping
#19 Posted : 6/1/2012 7:50:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
We have received no news of members who have undergone a police intervention with respect to the receipt of their shipment.

Does this mean none of your members have had issues with the police or that some have but you have no news about what happened?

Untm
#20 Posted : 6/1/2012 9:41:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The former.

Tea fell into water
Smoalk N,N DMT errrrday

Quote:

12NEXT