We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Woody Harrelson in my living room Options

Dream2Awaken
#1 Posted : 10/28/2011 7:33:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One of my favorite ways to enjoy the hallucinations is watching movies. I am blessed to have an amazing Tv with high resolution, and coupling that with the vividness of the DMT visuals. Provides some epic times. Zombieland was turned 3D, and I watched and cracked up while it looked like Woody was in my living room. Some others that were visually spectacular were Tron, Avatar, and the Matrix. If you haven't tried this I would suggest it cause you will see your favorites in a whole new way.
Let the Tao flow through you. Be the embodiment of it so throughout, that when passed by on the street they say, "Look! There goes Dao!"

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

۩
#2 Posted : 10/28/2011 7:36:28 PM

Another DMTv Post!

Really? This is how you use the sacrament? In front of a television?

That's funny, I highly DO NOT recommend this!

Ice
#3 Posted : 10/28/2011 7:37:29 PM
silently awaiting

As house once put it in a thread long ago, why watch tv when you can watch the back of your eyelids? Pleased

EDIT: That wasn't planned...
We are...
We are like that sentence.
We are not finished.

tele
#4 Posted : 10/28/2011 7:42:32 PM
Explorer

۩ wrote:
Another DMTv Post!

Really? This is how you use the sacrament? In front of a television?

That's funny, I highly DO NOT recommend this!

Me neither, however one has to experiment sometimesWink And it's fun, but not really very respectful toward the D.

۩
#5 Posted : 10/28/2011 7:44:44 PM

I think actions like this just show how twisted our culture and society has become in regards to entheogenic practices.
Smoke some pot and watch a movie if you want to waste time. Soon enough, DMT is going to rip you to shreds for thinking this was a good idea.
If you ask yourself why you are using DMT, and you are in front of a movie, do you not see that the answer is Fail?

Simon Jester
#6 Posted : 10/28/2011 7:46:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just a word of warning...

Kids who use psychedelics just so they can see cool things and feel strange sensations are quite good at fucking themselves up as a result. These drugs cause hallucinations, but they also do much more than that. Furthermore, people who like to surf low doses of DMT just to have a weird/cool/funny trip can often become the victims of a "Hyperslap"; despite your disrespectfully low doses, you can and likely will be thrust involuntarily into hyperspace and live out a moment in your own personal hell as your brain teaches you a lesson about drug abuse.

I have so many horrible things to say at you... but in the interest of not being a dick, I wish you the very best in happiness and health, and I hope you use the spice with respect so as to avoid any ill effects.

Ice
#7 Posted : 10/28/2011 7:48:42 PM
silently awaiting

If I spend the day watching movies, then decide to do dmt at night. The first trip always seems like it has to purge out the tv from my brain. It isn't very pleasant haha.

Only happened twice...
We are...
We are like that sentence.
We are not finished.

Dream2Awaken
#8 Posted : 10/28/2011 7:50:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Every person has their own way of meditation. I have several. So what one of them is while watching movies. Just because on occasion I watch a movie on it doesn't mean anything. I watch and think about the work put into them. Thinking about how each item in it is placed with reason and what that reason would be. I listen to every word said and imagine what the writer might have been thinking, and since the scenery is constantly changing. It constantly provides new hallucinations as it goes along. If you have a problem with it then it's not for you. Do not assume I am some TV junkie. I in fact don't watch a single TV show, and haven't for years, and do not assume I abuse the D for the hallucinations. Again you'd be very wrong. I have my personal reasons, and good intents for doing it.
Let the Tao flow through you. Be the embodiment of it so throughout, that when passed by on the street they say, "Look! There goes Dao!"

۩
#9 Posted : 10/28/2011 7:51:17 PM

If watching TV was a meditation, then america would be land of the buddhas.

Clearly this is not the case.

Dream2Awaken
#10 Posted : 10/28/2011 7:55:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A movie can make you think, and imagine plenty. You can sit and watch, while thinking. Just because you watch them doesn't make you a zombie to them. In fact the best movies are the ones that make you think. I didn't say watch TV or movies and you will become enlightened. Meditate : to engage in contemplation or reflection. You can reflect and contemplate plenty while watching a movie.

mindash
#11 Posted : 10/28/2011 8:13:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i never watch tv or films for the most part but while i was at the theater watching avatar in 3D it did cross my mind only for the reason that it was one of the most visually immersive experiences ive had in a long time as i also felt after the film like i had actually been somewhere else that just seemed a hell of alot cooler than here lol

tele
#12 Posted : 10/28/2011 8:14:39 PM
Explorer

I think there's no issue with watching movies while "under the influence". The point is that this substance has so much to offer without any external stimuli, therefore, while concentrating on something such as a movie, is simply kind of like "enhancing a movie", therefore not ideal thing to do with the D. However, one has to experiment, I agree, but it's not something one should do on each journey IMO.

۩
#13 Posted : 10/28/2011 8:15:37 PM

"One has to experiment"

Um,

I will never conduct this experiment.

Dream2Awaken
#14 Posted : 10/28/2011 8:17:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You're right tele, and provide good points. Also part of the experience is appreciation. One can appreciate all the hard work and effort it takes to make a good movie. I'd like to point out I don't do this on every journey. Out of let's say 20 sessions. 1 of them would be while watching a movie. If that.

"I will never conduct this experiment."

Then don't.

Bill Cipher
#15 Posted : 10/28/2011 8:29:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:
it's fun, but not really very respectful toward the D.

Neither is calling it "the D"...

Lay off, people. Live and let live.

jbark
#16 Posted : 10/28/2011 8:50:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Appreciating great works of art, particularly ones that take place over time, is a great way to explore psychedelics - a symphony, a shpongle show, an album on a home stereo, or yes - a MOVIE. I didn't like the OPs presentation of how he did this, but fundamentally I am not in disagreement. He wasn't watching SURVIVOR or FRIENDS for god's sake! Smile

There may be BETTER ways of using them, but I don't think watching a great film on psychs is deserving of derision, or for that matter much different from listening to a great piece of music. Not my cup of tea, but I'd do this long before I went to a bar or a house party on a psychedelic.

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Ice House
#17 Posted : 10/28/2011 8:52:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Uncle Knucles wrote:
tele wrote:

Ooooooohhhh! so thats what "the D" is!

I saw this in another thread and I thought is was a new name for some RC. I had no idea they were talking about DMT.

Boy am I a dumbass.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

tele
#18 Posted : 10/28/2011 8:55:29 PM
Explorer

Uncle Knucles wrote:
tele wrote:

OK, so now you're saying I'm not respectful by calling it D. Keep that opinion to yourself please. I like to call it that so how in the hell am I being disrespectful?
I would never EVER disrespect something like DMT after all it has given to me.

Dude, lay off seriously.

obliguhl
#19 Posted : 10/28/2011 8:56:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Soon enough, DMT is going to rip you to shreds for thinking this was a good idea.

"DMT" told me i could watch TV on it and experiment. Now what ?

jamie
#20 Posted : 10/28/2011 9:06:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

sounds to me like the worst and most pointless/unproductive way to use DMT and other psychedelics..but hey, thats just my opinion.
Long live the unwoke.

123NEXT