We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Rectal use of chaliponga tea? Options

AluminumFoilRobots
#1 Posted : 10/25/2011 11:24:55 PM

gufyg

Hello!

I have a recently-made chaliponga tea (dose=10g/75ml) and I was wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge of rectal administration with this particular source...

Dose in particular, I don't want to get TOO strong of a dose with chaliponga, as that can be terrible.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

joedirt
#2 Posted : 10/25/2011 11:28:08 PM

Not I

Is there any benefit to rectal vs oral administration as far as effects go?

Peace
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

AluminumFoilRobots
#3 Posted : 10/26/2011 2:50:38 AM

gufyg

Mainly bypassing first-pass metabolism (I.e. no MAOI required) and perhaps eliminating nausea.

The point of my asking is to find information, I've never tried it. Perhaps it will have unique effects?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

۩
#4 Posted : 10/26/2011 2:53:35 AM

I've never tried this but it should work great.

Why not test half of your brew, maybe reduce it to less if you can. Then you can work your way up from there.

Parshvik Chintan
#5 Posted : 10/26/2011 6:58:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

how long would it take for your body to absorb the DMT?
it would suck to not be in your body when you have to evacuate the tea Shocked
this does sound like a pretty neat experiment though, experiencing mimosa in its pure form with no MAOI.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

۩
#6 Posted : 10/26/2011 7:00:18 AM

If you reduce it down to a small enough volume then it completely absorbs. I used to do this with mescaline and harmalas, often together.

Entheojen
#7 Posted : 10/26/2011 8:21:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Does rectal administration not damage the area seeing as it wasn't really designed for absorbing food and drink? (as far as I know lol)
The trees spoke to me through the wind. The more I listened, the more they spoke.

۩
#8 Posted : 10/26/2011 8:24:49 AM

A well filtered and dissolved solution is absorbed by the cell walls as far as I know. I wouldn't advise anybody start putting freebase up there, though. Wink
The pH of a brew I can't imagine being detrimental to tissues.

AluminumFoilRobots
#9 Posted : 10/26/2011 9:46:16 AM

gufyg

nah I dont think it would be detrimental in any way... probably it would be good for you...

I mean, people do coffee enemas for health reasons all the time, right?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Simon Jester
#10 Posted : 10/26/2011 8:59:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

۩
#11 Posted : 10/26/2011 9:06:08 PM

AluminumFoilRobots wrote:
nah I dont think it would be detrimental in any way... probably it would be good for you...

I mean, people do coffee enemas for health reasons all the time, right?

Coffee enemas are apparently a great way to cleanse your liver, especially during fasting, as it also gives your body energy it may be lacking from proper nutrient intake.

tigerstrike92
#12 Posted : 10/27/2011 4:26:20 AM

Homo-divinorum

Mainly bypassing first-pass metabolism (I.e. no MAOI required)

Is it true that you wouldnt need any MAOI with the enema? I have read conflicting opinions on this and am still not sure what is the right answer.

And a coffee enema? It seems like that would make me go warp speed with energy... I make strong coffee, so wouldn't i absorb all that caffeine super fast? The idea intrigues me, but is pretty foreign at this point.
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

AluminumFoilRobots
#13 Posted : 10/27/2011 8:26:53 AM

gufyg

I'm pretty sure the MAO-A that needs inhibiting for oral DMT is found in the gut, and that via rectal administration the actives are directly absorbed through the intra-rectal (??) mucosa...

But MAO inhibition combined with intrarectal administration would probably require tiny dose, as dose is usually smaller for IR (butt-drugz).

Actually I'm totally sure you bypass the MAO in the gut... Because no gut involved ya dig?

Edit: although the is still the MAO-A in the blood and brain itself to contend with... This is why I posted a thread, I have no experience with rectal use of anything but street ecstasy (dumb, but save me a terrible time once from a PMA pill. My wife took it orally and got the full dose of PMA [it doesn't absorb well rectally] and spent z6 hours vomiting, shaking, and having seriously jumbled speech to the point of total incoherence. Last time I ever took a colored, pressed tab).
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

AluminumFoilRobots
#14 Posted : 10/27/2011 8:29:20 AM

gufyg

O and about the coffee enema yeah you make it weak, things absorb better rectally.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

rOm
#15 Posted : 10/27/2011 9:16:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tigerstrike92 wrote:
Mainly bypassing first-pass metabolism (I.e. no MAOI required)

Is it true that you wouldnt need any MAOI with the enema? I have read conflicting opinions on this and am still not sure what is the right answer.

And a coffee enema? It seems like that would make me go warp speed with energy... I make strong coffee, so wouldn't i absorb all that caffeine super fast? The idea intrigues me, but is pretty foreign at this point.

You can dissolve dmt fumarate in water (de-ionised is best to avoid touching the salt form) and plug it via a needless syringe or something else.
This work without MAO-I as snuffing dmt works (cehck the thread, they don't use harmalas.
As for the coffee enema, it's true that they make some sublingual "instant coffee" so I guess you'd get the coffeine to work also. I wouldn't take more than a little coffee dose this way.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

tigerstrike92
#16 Posted : 10/27/2011 5:09:16 PM

Homo-divinorum

Alright cool. Thanks for the info. I might have to give those a try sometime.
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

Apoc
#17 Posted : 10/27/2011 8:51:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mainly bypassing first-pass metabolism (I.e. no MAOI required) and perhaps eliminating nausea.

The point of my asking is to find information, I've never tried it. Perhaps it will have unique effects?

First, why don't you want to take maoi? They are good. Second, you won't bypass mao's by taking rectally. The intestines do contain mao. I don't feel like digging up the scientific source for this, but there is also experiential evidence from myself and others here that suggest any dmt taken rectally is less active when taken without maoi.... and even when taken with maoi.

Taking anally will eliminate nausea due to stomach irritation, but you'll probably still have a bloated feeling. It's also still possible to get nausea just from the vertigo of high amounts of tryptamines, or maoi. It won't burn though, or otherwise hurt. The effects do not last as long when taking anally. Effects start at about 20 minutes and last an hour maybe.

I don't think taking anally has any unique effects compared to other methods, but may be useful for some people who cannot keep down large amounts of tea.

AluminumFoilRobots
#18 Posted : 10/27/2011 9:10:39 PM

gufyg

Yeah, I clarified that I just meant bypassing gut MAO... I don't mind beta carbolines at all actually, and I happen to have a closer relationship to harmel than to caapi at this point.

This is more of a curiosity/ease of use while traveling (usually have no access to stoves for hours and hours) kind of thing.

And, who doesn't love buttdrugs
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم