We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Experience report from this past weekend--never the same again Options

quantagy
#1 Posted : 10/24/2011 8:53:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I made a brew last Friday evening using mimosa and rue. This is the second time I used this combo--the first time I used 5 grams mimosa and 3 grams rue, and it was a profound experience. Going into this situation, I upped the mimosa to 13 grams, and kept the rue at 3. Here's what happened:

Preparation:

13 grams mimosa hostilis powdered rootbark was placed in a stainless steel pot. Just enough bottled water was poured in to cover the material, and a dash of white vinegar was added. I set it just below a boil for thirty minutes, strained it, and then repeated this process two more times. This resulted was approximately 150 ml of dark purple, bordering on brown, liquid, with minimal sediment.

I basically repeated this exact procedure (minus the vinegar) with 3 grams Syrian Rue, resulting in roughly the same amount of liquid.

Prior to this I’d fasted for 24 hours, drinking only water and yerba mate. I prepared my living room as such: cleared a space on the carpet and laid down several blankets. Also made a pile of t-shirts, hoodies, socks, to help with fluctuating body temperature. Upon a small side table I placed a large bottle of water, a glass piece packed with cannabis along with a lighter, and both the rue and the mimosa doses. At the other end of the room I lit some sandlewood incense. I set up my iTunes to continuously run a playlist of sounds from the Amazon jungle. All lights were turned off.

00:00 I sat upon a small cushion cross-legged, and with a silent nod to the infinite took the rue dose in one gulp. The next thirty minutes were spent doing three different pranayama breathing techniques, each for 10 minutes at a clip. During this time I did not note any stomach discomfort.

00:15: I am aware of a flushed feeling in my face. I open my eyes briefly and see the small digital clock across the room appears blurry.

00:30: I finish the last breathing exercise, and reach for the mimosa tea. I take the dose down into two separate gulps. Not the most pleasant taste in the world, but I feel people make a bigger deal about this than is necessary. Within 20 seconds, and after a quick swig of water I can’t taste anything anymore.

00:35: I can feel the liquids in my stomach sloshing through the digestive process, and already I want to vomit. I tell myself I need to keep it down for at least another 15 minutes, so I switch to a gentle, shallow breathing exercise and remind myself to sit up straight.

00:45: My mind is getting slippery and I’m feeling more flushed. I keep directing my focus to the third eye point. There are no “visions” here, however I find that my thoughts have adopted some undulating, tangible form and are writhing and squirming from behind my brain to behind my brow.

00:50: I check the clock again and am relieved to see it’s been 20 minutes since drinking the tea. While I know I could purge at this point, the need to do so is not yet overwhelming so I just continue breathing.

00:51: Now the need to purge is overwhelming! I grab my bucket and gag up a small amount of liquid. I don’t think it all came up, but for now that’s all there is.

00:52: I reach behind me and grab the bowl of cannabis. I take a sizable hit, and then settle down on my back, into the blankets, to await the teacher. However before I’m even flat I hear the distant buzzing frequency that I associate with the handful of times I’ve broken through on DMT. A thought occurs to me: this is going to be intense. Immediately I am being swarmed and surrounded by an infinity of tiny, pin-pointed lights that construct, merge, filter through, triangulate, erect, conglomerate, disseminate, solidify and melt and everything else seemingly simultaneously, all around as well as within me. The buzzing intensifies, and I now have no awareness of my physical form or of time (so at this point I must do away with the clock format).

It’s as though the “I” has been pulled out from under “what is.” I can see all the thoughts and expectations I had for this trip flittering before me like the flimsiest of film reels—it is no more than a mere ribbon, and it is quickly tossed aside and it occurs to me that THIS IS REAL.

My vision is 360 degrees. I am pure perception in all directions. The pinpoints are now more substantial forms, and I can identify entities coursing through the digitalized architecture all around me. They are speaking with their minds but what they tell me is not words, or even ideas, but straight up visual truths. These truths flash in front of me in the form of “scenes” that appear plastered to the undulating surfaces of this new reality. I see myself involved in countless attempts to complete something. And then others, people I know and love and people I’ve never known, and I understand how everyone is suffering and struggling to complete something, anything, to bring something to a resolution. But there is no resolution. Nothing ever ends. It just always is. We approach reality in a straight line and expect it to behave as such. And so we struggle, and suffer, and keep trying.

The carrier wave increases its frequency, and I am distantly aware that back on earth I am humming along with it, and thus causing the scene in front of me to collapse and reconfigure into an endless hall of mirrors, revealing to me the endless lives that I have lived and continue to live on all levels. I truly understand that there is no such thing as death. Death is a linguistic trap that we’ve created because we are caught up in dualistic perception. Life never ends. We/I never dies. Our bodies perish and are reborn, but I/you/us can never remember the experience of our birth, or our death. One conscious life blends seamlessly into the next, and from our perspective WE ARE ALWAYS RIGHT HERE.

The carrier wave goes higher. I am acutely aware of our suffering, and understand that all I need to do is love. So I love from the very center of being—I send love to myself, and to everyone else who every day must struggle with a sense of being “less than”, of not being enough, of falling short, of suffering under the illusion that they don’t already understand everything there is. The love that vibrates at my center begins to engulf my very consciousness. This is the source, and I’m supposed to merge with it. I flash upon my 3 year old daughter’s face, and the pure light love that explodes from my center erases me completely….

….and the carrier wave is gone, and the visions are gone, and I am outside of all perception. Everything simply is, and I am too. Floating, I am infinity. I am the entirety of existence, of matter, of energy, of time. I am every concept brought back to its fundamental beginning, which is its final end point, and nowhere does such a division exist. This is a quiet that is beyond comprehension or explanation.

….and the wave returns and I am falling down, and slowly become aware again of my body. The sounds of the rainforest echo from the speakers. Though the carrier wave is receding, enormous rushes of energy are coursing through me. It’s as though the peak has passed but I am writhing now within the chaos and violence of its wake. I pop up to my knees and start to panic: “Okay, enough, okay, enough, I’m so tired, I’m so tired, okay, enough, enough, okay…”

Instinctively my body begins to contort, stretch, and before I know it I am fully swimming through the energy using yoga techniques and deep breathing. I strip off my clothing and this helps me to regain a sense of connection to the earth and to myself. I can literally feel the gradual re-layering of linguistic concepts and reality. I am coming back, and relief is not a strong enough word to describe this feeling.

Exhausted and sweating I collapse my body to the carpet and simply breath. The carrier wave is growing more and more distant, and the digitalized landscapes behind my eyelids are growing thin and retreated with each exhalation. I believe at this point I pass out.

03:30: I come to and sit up. The clock says 11:30 pm. Over the course of the next hour I gather myself, do some minimal cleaning and then sink into a hot bubble bath with a large glass of ice water. Hardly slept at all until the following evening. The afterglow the next day was indescribable. I’m still glowing 3 days later. Nothing will ever be the same.
"We're all in this together, by ourselves." --Lily Tomlin

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

BecometheOther
#2 Posted : 10/24/2011 9:16:21 PM

metamorhpasizer

Amazing report brother, also, i commend your courage for undertaking such a dose. At some point i believe anyone with a calling should undertake such a dose to see what it is really all about.

But truly an amazing report, and I relate to everything you said, and can honestly say that i have been there too and i share this feeling with you.

Being born again is a beautiful thing, Im happy for you
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

actualfactual
#3 Posted : 10/24/2011 9:35:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

excellent!

entheogenadvocate
#4 Posted : 10/25/2011 12:59:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This was beautiful and profound. It gives me goosebumps to read other experiences that so closely echo the same truths I have encountered and seen in my own journeys. Thank you for this.

Peace and Happy Journeys Smile
All posts are completely fictional and for educational purposes only

smokerx
#5 Posted : 10/25/2011 8:24:09 AM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

very nice , thank you
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

quantagy
#6 Posted : 10/25/2011 12:00:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, everyone.....it means a great deal to me to have a place to express these experiences, and to hear the journeys of others. It's now almost 5 days later and I'm still processing what I learned, and working to try and integrate those lessons into my day to day life. I can honestly say it will be some time before I take a dose like that again, but if one ever truly needs a reset session to reorient themselves to the cosmic map, that's the prescription right there.....

Sat Nam and Safe Travels!

Felnik
#7 Posted : 10/25/2011 4:50:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Herba Luisa
#8 Posted : 10/27/2011 9:15:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for sharing this wonderful experience with us - your writing is so poetic, it remembers me of places i've been too - the INSIGHT, there is no such thing as death - Live never ends -WE ARE ALWAYS RIGHT HERE - I am YOU are WE are ALL - Into infinity - and LOVE for ALL there IS !

Thank you for sharing your GIFT with us... Hare Krishna , Hare Rama !! THERE IS LOVE....

I've SAW the Truth too - so bright - but soo scary too - i don't know if or when i've got the courage to return to the TRUTH - but I SAW and now I KNOW...

Thank you and Namaste - I see the Light in YOU !!

Sublime
#9 Posted : 10/28/2011 3:05:43 AM

Intraterrestrial

This is a very great report. It resonated quite well with me, beautiful! I feel the same way about the insight you received about life and death and love. Trying to envision such an experience does no justice, I love reading experience reports that moves me much closer to this molecule and influences me to continue following this path. Thank you. Smile
"That which I avoid I will become a slave to, that which I confront I will master."

Curiouskid
#10 Posted : 10/28/2011 6:00:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

beautifully said, courageaously done... Thanks for sharing
None of this is really happening, SWIM's mind is so sick and bored than it has to invent all sorts of "abracadabrantesques" stories...

Sol Reverie
#11 Posted : 10/29/2011 7:19:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Excellent post and beautiful report. I look forward to such an experience one day.
Sol Reverie is a fictitious creation of a lunatic mind, as are all of these statements.

Follow Your Bliss! ~ Joseph Campbell

#12 Posted : 11/3/2011 2:05:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Since i've been here.. thats the best report ive seen regarding oral dmt/aya...hands down. This mirrors an experience I had last year. You've just reanimated the entire experience for me. Everything you said regarding death/life/you/us is EXACTLY how it came to me in my experience with aya and it continues to reverberate til this day... THE realization thats beyond all realizations. When the mind is tipped ever so much molecularly a new perception arises. IT is all around us..moving through us, us moving through it; coalescing as one field of knowing and magnificence. A dazzling spectacle everything is. Its here to stay and so are we...for we've always been and always will be

Well written and thanks for sharing.

Global
#13 Posted : 11/3/2011 2:13:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

That was an exceptionally beautiful report. I felt I was right there with you.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

quantagy
#14 Posted : 11/3/2011 3:42:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, thanks everyone. It's heartwarming to get such positive feedback. I have very few outlets to discuss these experiences, which makes this community utterly invaluable to me.

DoctorMantus
#15 Posted : 11/3/2011 3:53:06 PM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

quantagy wrote:

00:52: I reach behind me and grab the bowl of cannabis. I take a sizable hit, and then settle down on my back, into the blankets, to await the teacher. However before I’m even flat I hear the distant buzzing frequency that I associate with the handful of times I’ve broken through on DMT. A thought occurs to me: this is going to be intense. Immediately I am being swarmed and surrounded by an infinity of tiny, pin-pointed lights that construct, merge, filter through, triangulate, erect, conglomerate, disseminate, solidify and melt and everything else seemingly simultaneously, all around as well as within me. The buzzing intensifies, and I now have no awareness of my physical form or of time (so at this point I must do away with the clock format).

Nothing ever ends. It just always is. We approach reality in a straight line and expect it to behave as such. And so we struggle, and suffer, and keep trying.

Death is a linguistic trap that we’ve created because we are caught up in dualistic perception. Life never ends. We/I never dies. Our bodies perish and are reborn, but I/you/us can never remember the experience of our birth, or our death. One conscious life blends seamlessly into the next, and from our perspective WE ARE ALWAYS RIGHT HERE.

Great report the read was great, i totally resonate with all of this!
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

xoanon
#16 Posted : 11/3/2011 5:39:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

"However before I’m even flat I hear the distant buzzing frequency that I associate with the handful of times I’ve broken through on DMT. A thought occurs to me: this is going to be intense."
Heh I know exactly what you mean. I have come to both embrace and be terrified of that buzz, cos it means you did enough.
Great report, thanks for sharing
and anything ive posted is an illusion and i do not condone any of it

DoctorMantus
#17 Posted : 11/3/2011 8:28:28 PM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

ok so i wanted to elaborate a little more on my post b/c last night i was super tired and just threw in some words.

I definitely feel like i resonate when you mention how we have been here the whole time and that "One conscious life blends seamlessly into the next, and from our perspective WE ARE ALWAYS RIGHT HERE."

Sometimes i do feel this way, i get the feeling that i have been here the whole time through out history just a new vessel, but of-course i don't remember my past life, it would be sweet but i feel if that was the case, we all might get a little crazy.

idk the thought just throws me on a long thinking tangent, it makes sense our bodies can only take so much wear and tare until you need a new one.

many spiritualist always talk about being born again, and i think it means exactly how it sounds you pass on and you are born again literally.

"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

Hyperspace Fool
#18 Posted : 11/3/2011 11:56:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh yeah.

That's the stuff...

Other than an admonition to not mix Maté with MAOIs (I guess you discontinued drinking it well before blasting off)... nothing much to add to what everyone else said.

Well documented and a pleasure to read.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

quantagy
#19 Posted : 11/4/2011 12:25:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hyperspace,

I've never come across mate on the MAOI restricted lists....did I miss something? I drank gallons of this stuff throughout the day until about an hour prior to liftoff....any more info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hyperspace Fool
#20 Posted : 11/4/2011 9:02:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

quantagy wrote:

Hyperspace,

I've never come across mate on the MAOI restricted lists....did I miss something? I drank gallons of this stuff throughout the day until about an hour prior to liftoff....any more info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Considering how unbelievably horrible stimulants in general are with MAOI's, I wouldn't push it. I have only experienced coffee and hot chocolate, and thankfully both experiences were very close to the end of the MAO inhibition. I could see someone having a heart attack though if that kind of effect went on for hours.

Maté may well be easier on you, as I have heard of people using mild green teas and other such things, as well as yajé brews that contain caffeine... though I would seriously advise against it unless you enjoy heart racing and cardio-vascular distress.

I would say avoid caffeine, ephedrine, taurine, guaranine, and any of the other stimulating "ines" on principle. [Maté's Xanthine profile is different from other caffeine containing plants, but it still has a lot of caffeine, as well as theobromine and sometimes even theophylline]

Perhaps the hour between your last gourd of the yerba was enough time for you to process the bulk of it.

Just a word of caution.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

12NEXT