We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
hello Options

Doodazzle
#1 Posted : 10/23/2011 10:44:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

And greetings all.

I'm a 34 tear old male. My entheogenic experience dates back to my teens--right away I realised there was something more going on here than getting "messed up" or "totally tripping balls dude" and all that. I knew there was something profound and beautiful to this. In that regard I've been lucky. At a young age I happened upon a book by Castaneda, that likely helped inspire a respecful attitude towards power plants. I went on to read Mckenna, Leary, Shulgin ect as well as studying many msyerty traditions and such-like. Art, spirit, magick and psychedelic have all been deeply entwined subjects since I was a child.

For most of my 20's I only inbibed sacred plants and teacher chemicals in sacred settings. Well, I rarely went in for much ritual, certainly nothing elaborate. Usually alone, or just one partner, sometimes at high dose, often in near sensory dep.

By my late 20's it was time to loosen up. Actually I took a break for a few years, then got back into it. When I got back into psychedelics again I did indeed loosen up. Parties, festivals, even concerts and raves. This period, my partying period was definately useful and instructive -- often cautionary--ha! I've seen some ludicrous nonsense.

For the past two years or so I've stepped out of the party scene. Whereas I've learned a lot from watching and (somewhat) partaking in irresponsible use, it was never really my style. Now I'm more or less back to my old way--tripping rarely, often at quarter days, cross quarters or full moons, usually just me and my girl, usually with some ritual going on before hand.

What brings me here today (I've lurked on this forum off and on for years) is my desire to get into things a bit deeper. The next phase seems likely to include ayahuasca. I wouldn't use spice without first drinking some syrian tea or making changa...I've also had luch with smoking syrain rue before smoking spice. Spice alone just seems to brief and fast. The next step seems to be ayahuasca, so I come here to learn.

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

nen888
#2 Posted : 10/25/2011 6:35:39 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..welcome Bedazzle, sounds like you've had many interesting life and entheogenic experiences
and, yes, raves can get ludicrousSmile ..it was when i began to explore ayahuasca in my early 20s that it began to cool down on the partying..this was far deeper and healing for me, though i don't mind a good dance..hope you find all the info you need for your next step here...