We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Big German web Portals distributing mushroom video Options

obliguhl
#1 Posted : 10/22/2011 9:11:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.gmx.net/theme...heit/krankheiten/848b6qs

Over half of the video is an interview with john hopkins personel in englisch. The headline reads:

"Permanent damage imminent"

No tell me if that headline fits the video. I really wonder if they're doing this in order to get this video online or if they REALLY believe that this headline fits the video.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

tele
#2 Posted : 10/22/2011 10:27:13 AM
Explorer

Well mentally damaged people are abundant... Such as the people who made that headline.

christian
#3 Posted : 10/22/2011 2:22:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BBBUT, it was positive and inspirational in FAVOR of the shroomie...:arrow: Razz
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

Hyperspace Fool
#4 Posted : 10/22/2011 2:45:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Only 40% had any anxiety?

Ha. How could anyone have a good trip in a clinical facility like that? The video showed the little rooms with their uncomfortable looking cot/bed and a camera zoomed in on you as you try and lay there tripping under flourescent lights hooked up to machines...

Given those conditions, it is a miracle that all the people in the study reported that they felt the experience was overall a positive in the long-term.

All in all, the only longterm effect they found was increased "openness" and even that is pretty loosely defined. They link it to creativity and intelligence, and determine that psychedelics have a place in medicine... which is cool, but... no shit Sherlock.

Whoever uploaded the video to GMX must have given it that inflammatory name just to get viewers.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

christian
#5 Posted : 10/22/2011 3:57:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hyperspace fool, i'm so glad that you saw this video like i did- or we both would have missed out on such enlightening information!!...Laughing Laughing Laughing
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

obliguhl
#6 Posted : 10/22/2011 6:39:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Believe it or not, this is new information for most people who believe that every drug is dangerous per se.
Even those who have been told about the benefits remain sceptical because there is ton of cultural prejudice. I do not find it bad to be sceptical though.

Now, a video like this gets syndicated and hits big sites like gmx (Top ~10 in germany) - it's good news imho, despite the misleading title.

fractalic
#7 Posted : 10/22/2011 7:06:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Permanent damage imminent" -hmm... maybe they meant for governments and all kind of institutes that benefit from people narrow minds.
these institutes might suffer from a great permanent financial damage if all people will just start taking mushrooms and being too happy open minded and intelligent...
`I can't explain MYSELF, I'm afraid, sir' said Alice, `because I'm not myself, you see.'