We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Preparing for first aya experience Options

rjb
#1 Posted : 10/21/2011 9:48:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm preparing to embark on my first ayahuasca trip; time has come, I believe Smile I would like to hear your say about this.

Those are my tools:
- tea of Syrian Rue: 3g boiled 3 x 30 in 150ml water + 50ml lemon juice; reduced to about 50-75ml
- mimosa tea: 10g shredded bark boiled 3 x 30 in 225ml water + 100ml lemon juice; reduced to around 200ml

I am planning on drinking the teas tomorrow night (so about 20 hrs left or so). First the Rue (3 portions at 6-7 minutes intervals each), and after about 20 mins, 50ml of mimosa tea. If everything goes well and I shall need more (or if the purge comes too quick), I'll down another 50ml of mimosa at the 45 minute mark. I am also planning on doing some meditation beforehand. I'm watching my diet now; good thing I'm a vegetarian now so I don't put as much toxic stuff inside me as before - sodas, sauces, fast food, and so on; I have drank this morning my regular portion of coffee and I don't plan on consuming more until the experience. Didn't drink alcohol since yesterday night, and then it was just a glass of wine. Otherwise, just ate some vegetables salad today, some bean soup, and some pasta.

I have also made myself a Rue tea a couple of days ago from 1g of plant material, and it worked wonders. I had a euphoric glow all day long and I was so contempt with everything I was doing. Just wanted to see how this stuff works before going in on full thrust Smile

So, what do you think? I'd rather go for a gentle ride, I'm not the rough kinda guy, so any input is kindly appreciated. Thanks.
The truth...lies within.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

۩
#2 Posted : 10/21/2011 9:51:22 PM

This is technically mimosahuasca not ayahuasca as there is no banisteriopsis caapi present.

You don't need to add lemon juice at all.

If it doesn't work, eat something. If it still doesn't work, take them together next time.

If you want to go for a gentle ride, try 1g of mimosa and not 10. 10 will totally kick your ass.

jamie
#3 Posted : 10/21/2011 10:54:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

10g is alot and I would not reccomend you dose 10g when you are unaquainted with oral DMT+harmalas, reguardless of how much experience you may have with vaped DMT..oral DMT+harmalas is just something different in it's intensity and ability to pull you way off into the far reaches of the spirit realm and hold you there..

I would go no higher than 5g to start.
Long live the unwoke.

joedirt
#4 Posted : 10/21/2011 11:49:27 PM

Not I

۩ wrote:
This is technically mimosahuasca not ayahuasca as there is no banisteriopsis caapi present.

You don't need to add lemon juice at all.

If it doesn't work, eat something. If it still doesn't work, take them together next time.

If you want to go for a gentle ride, try 1g of mimosa and not 10. 10 will totally kick your ass.

That's true, but 1 gram won't do shit either. I'm a light head typically and 3 grams was pretty light. I'd go with 5-6.

BTW Good luck and here's some positive vibes for the journey!

peace
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

jamie
#5 Posted : 10/22/2011 2:31:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

1 gram will def do something for me. It will not be a visual dose at all, but I can feel the DMT working from just 1 gram if I have taken enough harmalas..it is all about the harmalas really. If you do not ingest enough harmalas 1 gram of mimosa wont be active at all..but with enough harmalas 1 gram of mimosa does tend to boost the harmala visions and give me a warm tryptamine glow. There are not visuals at that level other than harmala tracers if you have taken enough harmalas..although you can have amazing visions with very rich content and they are not like DMT visions..they are harmala based visions just boosted a bit by the DMT. It can be more like an empathogen at this level until you lay down in the dark or you just take so much harmalas that you are having full open eye visuals.

This is something it seems noone else talks about..that low doses of DMT(below the level that produces any sort of DMT visuals) does synergise with the harmalas and bring out the harmala visions a bit when you lay down in the dark.

I once had a download that manifested in a sequence of visions where I experienced the evolution of a family tree sort of thing starting with my ancestors in the past all the way up to my children in the future. I experienced myself(my genetic information) traveling through all the people in the lineage. It gave me a very interesting take on the idea of reincarnation. This was probabily like 50g of caapi and 1g of mimosa.

Yesterday I had 3 g of mimosa and about 85-95g of caapi and at that level the DMT was very active and I experienced clear visual/visionary effects of the DMT for about 40 minutes of the peak. I really dont have any need to go over 5g of mimosa. 5 grams of mimosa is where it starts to feel like I am breaking through. I drank abotu 6-7g 2 weeks ago and that was definatily getting on the level of just too much DMT..and it went for over 5 hours..I literally had neon bird flying around and snakes talking to me in my apartment in silent darkness while desperatily trying to puke out the contents of my stomache.

I cant imagine haveing 10g for my first time.

I also find that being a hard head, or more sensitive to other psychedelics does not necessarily mean anything when it comes to ayahuasca. I have sat and drunk with other people and noticed that different people tend to need all diffeent levels of harmalas reguardless of how they respond to other tryptamines or phens..maybe diet has something to do with this I am not sure. I know that some people think if you can feel the harmalas then you have had enough for full inhibition but this is just not the case. You can feel the effects of harmalas below the level needed to activate oral DMT in reasonable ammounts.. If you are finding you need alot more mimosa than other people, then you might concider taking more harmalas first.
Long live the unwoke.

purple_dye
#6 Posted : 10/22/2011 5:44:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:

If it doesn't work, eat something.

This is what happened to me. Two hours into my first trip I feel nothing and I'm pissed. Then chat the room (come to think of it, it was probably house) recommend that I eat something. Bam, here comes the wave..

fractal enchantment wrote:
1 gram will def do something for me. It will not be a visual dose at all, but I can feel the DMT working from just 1 gram if I have taken enough harmalas..it is all about the harmalas really. If you do not ingest enough harmalas 1 gram of mimosa wont be active at all..but with enough harmalas 1 gram of mimosa does tend to boost the harmala visions and give me a warm tryptamine glow. There are not visuals at that level other than harmala tracers if you have taken enough harmalas..although you can have amazing visions with very rich content and they are not like DMT visions..they are harmala based visions just boosted a bit by the DMT. It can be more like an empathogen at this level until you lay down in the dark or you just take so much harmalas that you are having full open eye visuals.

This is something it seems noone else talks about..that low doses of DMT(below the level that produces any sort of DMT visuals) does synergise with the harmalas and bring out the harmala visions a bit when you lay down in the dark.

I once had a download that manifested in a sequence of visions where I experienced the evolution of a family tree sort of thing starting with my ancestors in the past all the way up to my children in the future. I experienced myself(my genetic information) traveling through all the people in the lineage. It gave me a very interesting take on the idea of reincarnation. This was probabily like 50g of caapi and 1g of mimosa.

Yesterday I had 3 g of mimosa and about 85-95g of caapi and at that level the DMT was very active and I experienced clear visual/visionary effects of the DMT for about 40 minutes of the peak. I really dont have any need to go over 5g of mimosa. 5 grams of mimosa is where it starts to feel like I am breaking through. I drank abotu 6-7g 2 weeks ago and that was definatily getting on the level of just too much DMT..and it went for over 5 hours..I literally had neon bird flying around and snakes talking to me in my apartment in silent darkness while desperatily trying to puke out the contents of my stomache.

I cant imagine haveing 10g for my first time.

I also find that being a hard head, or more sensitive to other psychedelics does not necessarily mean anything when it comes to ayahuasca. I have sat and drunk with other people and noticed that different people tend to need all diffeent levels of harmalas reguardless of how they respond to other tryptamines or phens..maybe diet has something to do with this I am not sure. I know that some people think if you can feel the harmalas then you have had enough for full inhibition but this is just not the case. You can feel the effects of harmalas below the level needed to activate oral DMT in reasonable ammounts.. If you are finding you need alot more mimosa than other people, then you might concider taking more harmalas first.

This whole thing is golden. Read this again. I started with 3 grams for my trip and Id recommend doing the same. I'm probably going to increase my harmalas next time to maybe 4 grams or prepare them different or something. DON'T DO 10g YOUR FIRST TIME. Focus more on getting a proper MAO inhibition.

Also, welcome the purge. This is a mistake I made. I made every effort to avoid it (egg whites gelatin etc) and it still came. And you know what? I liked it. That's right. I felt 1000x better afterwords and the spiritual healing that came with it was immense.

DMT will teach you a lot. I learned all about acceptance on a very deep level. We are dealing with something very sacred so do not take this lightly. Yes the visions are great and all but its much more than that.
PS

This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing

rjb
#7 Posted : 10/22/2011 6:29:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh no no, I won't be drinking the whole 10g tea, trust me! Smile Hehe. I was planning on splitting the whole 200ml of tea in 4 parts, and only take 100ml, MAX, if that's even needed. I'll keep one half for another time. I just brewed 10g in case I'd need more, although I really doubt that, knowing my mimosa.

I'm not against purging, I actually always liked it. This thing is like a memory for me, because it reminds me of all the times I've felt sick and purging was the only thing that helped.

I know that lemons don't really help much in terms of taste, but I already started with lemons and it was too late to back down...I didn't even know how much vinegar to use (instead of lemons), so I just stuck with what I already knew Smile Next time will probably cook it without anything.

Thanks a lot for the advice. Will keep you guys posted.
The truth...lies within.

quantagy
#8 Posted : 10/22/2011 11:56:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

May the long time sun shine upon you. All love surround you. And the pure light within you, guide your way on.

Sat Nam and Safe Travels.
"We're all in this together, by ourselves." --Lily Tomlin

Malaclypse
#9 Posted : 10/22/2011 10:49:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Most practical recommendation I can give:

Have your puke bucket with you at all times. Carry it with you everywhere even if you think you are only going to be gone for a short amount of time Smile

rjb
#10 Posted : 10/23/2011 12:59:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Malaclypse wrote:
Most practical recommendation I can give:

Have your puke bucket with you at all times. Carry it with you everywhere even if you think you are only going to be gone for a short amount of time Smile

Hehe, thanks for the advice. This became like #1 priority after the purge Smile I was quite unsure whether I was going to puke again or not, since I was tripping hard and in waves.

I can only say for now that I've got waay more out of this experience than I've expected. The trip wasn't that long per say (about 2.5 hours), and I've only consumed about 50ml of the mimosa (if even that). But I can say it was quite intense. I'm still reflecting on the whole experience and putting thoughts together, but I'll definitely post a detailed report when it'll be ready.

Thanks for the support.

Love and peace,
The truth...lies within.

rjb
#11 Posted : 11/10/2011 7:46:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello again,

I've only managed to scribble down some scrambled thoughts that occured to me during the short trip I've had. So I'm going to go back when the time is right and try to bring back some more information this time. I'll go for 3g rue + 5g mhrb, the 10g experience last time was waay way too powerful for me.

However, this time my gf wants to join in; she became pretty interested in seeing what this stuff was all about, after hearing me talk about it a few times. So I figured I'd start her with a 3g rue tea + 3g mhrb tea, as it's her first time, and she has only taken a low mushroom dose once (about 0.2g). I don't want to scare her off, but I also want the stuff to work. Will 3g of mhrb be enough for an introductory trip?
The truth...lies within.

sonatine
#12 Posted : 11/10/2011 8:34:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rjb wrote:
I'm preparing to embark on my first ayahuasca trip; time has come, I believe Smile I would like to hear your say about this.

Those are my tools:
- tea of Syrian Rue: 3g boiled 3 x 30 in 150ml water + 50ml lemon juice; reduced to about 50-75ml
- mimosa tea: 10g shredded bark boiled 3 x 30 in 225ml water + 100ml lemon juice; reduced to around 200ml

I am planning on drinking the teas tomorrow night (so about 20 hrs left or so). First the Rue (3 portions at 6-7 minutes intervals each), and after about 20 mins, 50ml of mimosa tea. If everything goes well and I shall need more (or if the purge comes too quick), I'll down another 50ml of mimosa at the 45 minute mark. I am also planning on doing some meditation beforehand. I'm watching my diet now; good thing I'm a vegetarian now so I don't put as much toxic stuff inside me as before - sodas, sauces, fast food, and so on; I have drank this morning my regular portion of coffee and I don't plan on consuming more until the experience. Didn't drink alcohol since yesterday night, and then it was just a glass of wine. Otherwise, just ate some vegetables salad today, some bean soup, and some pasta.

I have also made myself a Rue tea a couple of days ago from 1g of plant material, and it worked wonders. I had a euphoric glow all day long and I was so contempt with everything I was doing. Just wanted to see how this stuff works before going in on full thrust Smile

So, what do you think? I'd rather go for a gentle ride, I'm not the rough kinda guy, so any input is kindly appreciated. Thanks.

I think it would be a good ide to prepare a litte better before drinking aya!! Two weeks before or at least one, you should watch your diet carefully and dont drink any alcohol or caffain! If you dont want to get sick, and if you have respect for aya, you should not eat any: sugar(sugar in fruits are okey), cheese or any other milk products, egg, meet(but I see you already are a vegetarian, thats great! :-) ), chocolate, salt, strong spices, beans!, pasta!, chickpeas, bananas, avacado, prosessed food, over-riped food, pickels and other food treated like that, fried food, wheat, oat, soy, soyaoil ++++
And what you CAN eat is: vegeatables(steemed or raw), fruit, nuts, seeds, alfalfasprouts, soups(that only contains vegetables, herbs and water), buckwheat, millet, rice and cold pressed oils. A very hard diet to follow, but very important if you are serious about this, wich I think you should be, because aya is a serious thing that should be treated with respect and not taken lightly.
I think you should just go for a normal dosage, if you are too scared, maybe its not the right time to do it now! Good luck Very happy

rjb
#13 Posted : 11/11/2011 8:44:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sonatine wrote:
I think it would be a good ide to prepare a litte better before drinking aya!! Two weeks before or at least one, you should watch your diet carefully and dont drink any alcohol or caffain! If you dont want to get sick, and if you have respect for aya, you should not eat any: sugar(sugar in fruits are okey), cheese or any other milk products, egg, meet(but I see you already are a vegetarian, thats great! :-) ), chocolate, salt, strong spices, beans!, pasta!, chickpeas, bananas, avacado, prosessed food, over-riped food, pickels and other food treated like that, fried food, wheat, oat, soy, soyaoil ++++
And what you CAN eat is: vegeatables(steemed or raw), fruit, nuts, seeds, alfalfasprouts, soups(that only contains vegetables, herbs and water), buckwheat, millet, rice and cold pressed oils. A very hard diet to follow, but very important if you are serious about this, wich I think you should be, because aya is a serious thing that should be treated with respect and not taken lightly.
I think you should just go for a normal dosage, if you are too scared, maybe its not the right time to do it now! Good luck Very happy

Thanks for the input, appreciate it. I can't say that I'm freaking out, but I am very respectful to the whole experience, as I know it can shatter just about everything one knows in a twist of a moment. I'm just saying I'd rather take a slower, longer path, if that is necessary. But I'm a curious mind and sometimes you've got to face your fears in order to advance, I find. Sometimes I'm scared shitless, other times I'm bathed in bliss and harmony.

I have to say that I don't agree with the 2 weeks dietary preparation. Not with the Syrian Rue, anyway. Don't know about the traditional ayahuaca. I am, however, aware of the possible physical difficulty that can arise, and I stay away from hard to digest food the day prior and after the experience. One shouldn't worry too much though.

http://www.erowid.org/ch.../maois/maois_info7.shtml

Erowid wrote:
Well, Peganum Harmala (Syrian Rue) contains harmaline and harmine, both potent, but selective (and short-term reversable) inhibitors of MAO-A. But there are three good arguments that tyramine is not a problem:

Timing. Tyramine gets digested pretty quickly, and likely clears the gut in 12 hours or so. The harmala alkaloids are also short acting, and also clear in 12 hours, perhaps more like 6 hours. Most people who take Syrian Rue brews do not eat anything just before, since vomiting is so common, and few people eat a big meal right afterward. This means it's unlikely the two would be at high levels at the same time.
Selectivity. Tyramine is also controlled by MAO-B, which is not affected by the harmala's, which inhibit MAO-A. Medical experience with moclobimide, another reversable MAOAI (but not as strong as harmaline), is also that tyramine is not as much of a problem as it is with the older, irreversable (2 weeks or so), and non-selective medical MAO-I's such as parnate.
Experience. There are some anecdotal reports of ingesting tyramine foods just after a Syrian Rue experience without problems.

When one is first working with an MAOI, even the harmalas, it best to be cautious. Hypertensive reactions are not only unpleasant, but can be extremely unpleasant, do permanent damage, or be fatal. To be cautious, avoid aged cheese, red wine, and other aged/pickled/fermented foods (soy, yeast) for 12 hours before and after ingesting Syrian Rue or other reversible MAOI. I would not worry about chocolate, beer, or coffee, in reasonable amounts before or after harmala.
The truth...lies within.