We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello community! Options

Infinite Snow
#1 Posted : 10/21/2011 5:31:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone! I'm a newcomer and I am very fascinated by your nice, friendly and deep community. I like how seriously you concern about your experience and how you get to the universe and to yourself through it.
I have been interested in DMT and other entheogens for years but I have never tried anyone. Exploring subconcious, going beyond perception to explore the deepest feeligs, the deepest thougts my mind can feel is something that has always caught my attention but unfortunately I have never had the possibilty to find anything which I could trust to try.
A friend of mine has tried LSD sometimes, but it is difficult where I live to find other types of more exotic compounds; Well, I like psichedelic music very much: my favourite band is The Grateful Dead, and this is the only entheogen I use at the moment Very happy it may be not so potent, but their trippy atmospheres ravish me. I think that the time to go beyond has arrived...

The reason why I am writing you is because I would like to start growing a little ethnobotanic garden with some plants which could provide me the matter to produce ayahuasca or the source to extract DMT. However, I have no idea how much time plants need to grow or what they need; I don't even know what kind of plants I can cultivate in the area I live in.
Then, I will wait them to grow until I can get a perennial harvest and then proceed to extract DMT - produce Ayahuasca (I will choose in a second time), and then providing you my experiences Pleased

Like you should have understood, I have not so much knowledge about botanics or chemistry, but I have noticed how much you do. I hope you will suggest me and guide me throughout all the process... will you promote me and allow to get deeper into your community? Smile

Anyway, it's a pleasure to read your forum, and I thank you in advance for the support you'll give me.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

purple_dye
#2 Posted : 10/22/2011 6:29:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The reason why I am writing you is because I would like to start growing a little ethnobotanic garden[/quote]

I just had to comment. This is a dream of mine!

Btw, having no experience thus far with entheogens I would definitely recommend using them and seeing if they are for you before going through all the trouble to make an entire garden of them. Its not like anything you will or have ever experienced before. Coffee is stimulating, alcohol makes you "feel good" but with psychedelics its a whole other thing... Your entire consciousness is shot head first into the spiritual realm and there's no turning back. There is so much love and understanding!

DMT is one of the most powerful entheogens out there. You picked a doosie to start with!
PS

This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing

proto-pax
#3 Posted : 10/22/2011 6:34:33 AM

bird-brain

A lot of things can be grown indoors with the right kind of set up/window. Check your local laws to see if the plants you want to grow are legal.

I think this is probably the best way to go about it as well. Sustainable and a working relationship with cultivating preparing the medicine? Brother I think you're first journey into hyperspace will be a warm one indeed!
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

Infinite Snow
#4 Posted : 10/22/2011 10:06:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the nice attention, users Smile

Quote:
Quote:
The reason why I am writing you is because I would like to start growing a little ethnobotanic garden

I just had to comment. This is a dream of mine!

Wink

Quote:
Its not like anything you will or have ever experienced before. Coffee is stimulating, alcohol makes you "feel good" but with psychedelics its a whole other thing... Your entire consciousness is shot head first into the spiritual realm and there's no turning back. There is so much love and understanding!

DMT is one of the most powerful entheogens out there. You picked a doosie to start with!

Hahahaha yeah man I know... the reason why is that I don't care about recreational use of entheogens. So I switched directly to the point, which is dmt.

Quote:
Btw, having no experience thus far with entheogens I would definitely recommend using them and seeing if they are for you before going through all the trouble to make an entire garden of them.

Well, to tell the truth, having an ethnobotanical garden, even if I won't use it, is something I think I'm going to do. The only thought of what these simple vegetable organism may do... would fascinate me everytime I'll look at them.

Quote:
A lot of things can be grown indoors with the right kind of set up/window. Check your local laws to see if the plants you want to grow are legal.

Already checked Wink I am still not sure about what I am going to grow, but every species I have met so far is perfectly legal, both the whole plant and parts of it, so, no problems about that. Ayahuasca is legal too, or at least, not regulamented. Pure dmt is illegal, by the way, but surely I won't extract it in my country since it is against the law ;-)

Quote:
I think this is probably the best way to go about it as well. Sustainable and a working relationship with cultivating preparing the medicine? Brother I think you're first journey into hyperspace will be a warm one indeed!

Sorry, but I can't understand what you mean... can you tell me another way please? Sad

proto-pax
#5 Posted : 10/22/2011 3:41:47 PM

bird-brain

I was just saying that if everyone grew their own plants like you want to that it would be a good thing Very happy.

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Category:Botanics

That should give you a few idea of what kind of plants you'd be looking into. If you have any questions check the wiki and pop into chat if you're still confused.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

Infinite Snow
#6 Posted : 10/22/2011 7:20:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

proto-pax wrote:
I was just saying that if everyone grew their own plants like you want to that it would be a good thing Very happy.

Aaaaah! Now I understand... sorry, sometimes I am still puzzled with some sentences... thanks Smile
By the way yes, that's one of the reasons why I think I should grow everything by myself. Everything would then be totally mine; like you say, it would be a sort of personal relationship with my plants and their product Smile

proto-pax wrote:
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Category:Botanics

That should give you a few idea of what kind of plants you'd be looking into. If you have any questions check the wiki and pop into chat if you're still confused.

I have already checked out your wiki, and also lurked a bit in the ethnobotanical garden section, but I am still a little puzzled. For example: I have heard, manly, of three species which seem suitable for indoor pot growing (for example, I would not choose Acacia or Anadenanthera). Mimosa Hostilis is the first: I think, for what I have read so far, that it is the most common DMT source; but it is a very big tree to be kept in a flat, and grows very slowly. The other two are Diplopterys Cabrerana and Psychotria Viridis. They seem to grow much faster, even if with a lower content of alkaloids, but I can't find a place to buy Diplopterys Cabrerana and I can't even figure out how fast they grow, neither how much will I need to make a DMT dose.
Secondly, I haven't understood if this two plants can produce Ayahuasca on their own, and therefore they contain MAOI, or if I will need other ones.
Lastly, I wonder if I could grow this tropical plants at home in an USDA 8 zone.

Again, thanks for your answer Smile

Purges
#7 Posted : 10/24/2011 10:51:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome aboard Snow! Yes it is admirable indeed that you want to produce your own entheogens - this is a life time goal of mine as well, my circumstances do not permit me growing trees etc at the moment unfortunately, but I have my first entheogenic plant coming in the post sooooon! A San Pedro cactus Very happy

It is worth noting though, that D. Cabrerena also contains 5 meo DMT and is considered a very different beast to P. Viridis, if you want a 'normal' DMT experience, viridis may be the best bet. I have no real knowledge of growing either though...

And yes, you will need an MAOI of some sort, Syrian rue or B. Caapi being the most frequently used, although I know some use pharmaceuticals like moclobemide, but I'm guessing from your post that you don't want to go that route Pleased
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Infinite Snow
#8 Posted : 10/24/2011 5:47:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Purges wrote:
Welcome aboard Snow!

Thank you too for your nice welcome, Purges! Smile

Purges wrote:
Yes it is admirable indeed that you want to produce your own entheogens - this is a life time goal of mine as well, my circumstances do not permit me growing trees etc at the moment unfortunately, but I have my first entheogenic plant coming in the post sooooon! A San Pedro cactus Very happy

yeah I have noticed that you all think that this is an admirable thing Smile having your support makes me very glad and makes me hope I'll finally make it with this growing project Smile good luck with your incoming baby, I'm happy for you Smile I wish this wonderful community will write me soon some pieces of advice so I will start as soon as possible buying the stuff I need... and start waiting my babies to grow Wink

Purges wrote:
It is worth noting though, that D. Cabrerena also contains 5 meo DMT and is considered a very different beast to P. Viridis, if you want a 'normal' DMT experience, viridis may be the best bet.

I haven't understood, however, if the extraction processes extract only DMT or all alkaloids like 5-MeO-DMT or similar. Confused

Purges wrote:
I know some use pharmaceuticals like moclobemide, but I'm guessing from your post that you don't want to go that route Pleased

You guessed right, man Wink

Infinite Snow
#9 Posted : 10/29/2011 3:12:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone, I haven't reiceved any answer so far in this thread, so I asked in the chat. I was told by some nice users that Psychotria Viridis can provide a seasonal harvesting, but it is not suitable for extracting DMT because there is less documentation, it contains chemicals difficult to be separated from DMT, and that if I want to produce Ayahuasca I have to get some MAOI containing plants like Banisteriopsis caapi; thus, I read this very useful thread. I would like to start growing this two plants, and maybe a mimosa in the meanwhile waiting for it to get big enough to give me a perennial harvest, so I could make Ayahuasca sometimes during the next year.
Now that I know what I need I would like to begin growing this two ones as soon as possible, but I really don't know how to start and I can't find any hint in the ethnobotanical garden section... I heard that it is difficult to grow this plants by germinating the seeds, but I'm not able to find any supplier of live plants inside European Union... can you help me please? I can't open another thread in another section since I have not been activated yet, so I hope someone will help me here Sad

Infinite Snow
#10 Posted : 11/2/2011 11:59:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi there, I have been told in the chat to contact Untm, which would have been able to help me, and he was very helpful. I have joined on the friend forum ExoticEarthExchange.com where I hope I will get the cuttings I need to start growing Smile Thank you again, hope to get full membership so that I can update you with a grow log... Smile

cookie dude
#11 Posted : 11/2/2011 1:28:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi snow

Another newbie here.

As a keen gardener I love the idea of growing my own dmt plants, but like you already said it would take a while to grow a tree.
As great as DMT is I wouldn't over look mushrooms. In high doses you can get pretty close to the dmt psychedelic bliss, and they are very rewarding to grow. Much quicker than growing plantsWink