We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
UK Naphtha: Swan or Ronsonol lighter fluid? Options

BobBobson
#1 Posted : 10/21/2011 3:27:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I would like to lodge this information into the communities databank.

I have tried extracting using both Swan and Ronsonol lighter fluids.

From the vap test alone, the Swan seems to vap much quicker and cleaner than the Ronsonol. Also the DMT which was recovered at the other end of the extraction where I used Swan was whiter than the DMT I extraced using Ronsonol.

However, I noticed that when I was smoking the DMT extraced using Swan, I would feel a bit nauseous afterwards and after a few draws (I tend to sit smoking microdoses all evening whilst playing computer games or listening to music) I would feel sick enough not to want to smoke anymore. I decided to clean this DMT up by performing a re-x, again using the Swan lighter fluid. The DMT I got out the other side was much whiter and some of it was almost transparent/clear. However, the same thing again, when I was smoking it, it would leave me with a nauseous twinge.

I never got any nauseau at all with the previous batch of DMT I extracted using Ronsonol so I decided to perform yet another re-x, but this time using some left over Ronsonol lighter fluid that I had before. Low and behold, I now have DMT that i can sit and smoke all evening without it giving me the slightest twinge of nausea.

So if you are in the UK:

Swan Lighter Fluid = Bad.

Ronsonol Lighter Fluid = Good (or at least a lot better than the alternatives)

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

MeatMachine
#2 Posted : 10/21/2011 8:36:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have done extractions using both Swan and Rosonol, and have never had any nausea! In fact, I've found there to be little difference between either.

Recent extractions from both Swan and Rosonol have given me gorgeous white crystals that seem very pure!

Sounds like it might be some other aspect of your extraction that's leaving some impurities in your final product.

If I get a fatty or wetter pull after the solvent seems to have dried up, I scrape everything up with a razor and then smear it out as thinly as I can across my evapping plate (I use a glass plate from a microwave) and let it dry further. I'll do this a few times, just to make sure there is no solvent trapped in the fat somehow.

Of course, I try to avoid pulling any fat at all- it seems more fat is liberated from the plant material the longer the base solution is left to sit. I always make sure my water is super cloudy from the lye (nice and basic!) and then I leave it to sit no longer than an hour before I start pulling.

Hope this helps!

Spicy_Monkey
#3 Posted : 10/21/2011 8:38:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've only done extractions using ronsonol, which is pure naphtha. Some other types will have an additional chemical that is their to prevent the can from rusting, and this doesn't completely evaporate with the naphtha and can make you sick! If there's more than one ingredient, it's probably safe just to skip that brand.

BobBobson
#4 Posted : 10/22/2011 3:30:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

MeatMachine wrote:
I have done extractions using both Swan and Rosonol, and have never had any nausea! In fact, I've found there to be little difference between either.

Recent extractions from both Swan and Rosonol have given me gorgeous white crystals that seem very pure!

Sounds like it might be some other aspect of your extraction that's leaving some impurities in your final product.

Well what can I say?

I re-x with Swan. I still got nausea. I re-x once again with Ronsonol (without seperating any fatty materials out), nausea gone!

I thought this info worth sharing.