We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Rapid Auto Options

nonlocality
#1 Posted : 10/20/2011 1:33:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi nexians Cool

Man, I am glad I found this place. I've kind of been biding my time since DMTworld vanished off the map some years ago. I only spotted this place a few weeks ago, and I've been lurking and reading voraciously ever since.

But I thought I'd better introduce myself, after blundering onto the Occupy thread without so much as a hello.

Except that it's proving harder than I thought!

I've been psychedelically focused as an individual for about 20 years (I'm 42), since my first LSD journey. Then the internet happened for me in 93, I plugged into hyperreal.org (using gopher, if anyone remembers that) and particularly the amazing alt.drugs archive maintained by Lamont Granquist (all of it 3+ years old by then).

That was the information breakthrough - from then on I trod into new territory; usenet had become mostly spam, but I hung around the rec.drugs.psychedelic group and even exchanged a post or two (literally only that) with the late great Bob Wallace.

For a scientifically minded History and Philosophy student, it proved very fertile territory indeed, and I followed a path that went from alt.drugs to Gracie & Zarkov and thence to actual DMT about three years later - and my first smoke led to my first breakthrough, and what seemed like hours swimming with a pod of what I can only describe as 'sentient loving robo-whales' followed by a long period of DMT evangelism which must have bored the pants off everyone around me, to be honest.

I made a lot of journeys during the first two years - eyeballing 'jungle spice' into a makeshift glass pipe and hoping for a breakthrough, using the "keep toking till you can't anymore" technique. It was usually a success, but desperately uneconomical.

There are one or two unusually outstanding and unique experiences till etched onto my mind, but coloured by memory and the orthogonal perspective of post-rationalisation.

I've managed to get some in every few years since, and initially found this place searching for suitable teks in order to reacquaint myself with this intriguing substance.

(As an aside, I first came across that word from Psylocybe Fanaticus! When I discovered from the internet that growing cubensis was a piece of cake, I served the mushroom for many years, all from my one and only spore syringe and the (now superceded) PF-TEK)

I've maintained a steady, but steadily diminishing, LSD habit too - spring cleaning for the mind. It used to be at the solstices and equinoxes, then just the equinoxes, and now usually just the summer equinox, although I've missed it this year so I'm looking forward to a cold, frosty moonlight trip over the moors! But fitting an acid trip in around two kids,a lover and breadwinner, school, work etc can be a bit tricky sometimes.

I tend to trip alone now, out into open country from dawn to night, with a small pack and a camera. I don't have the appetite for the mad extroverted trips of my youth anymore, and over the years LSD experiences have become more emotionally than philosophically focused. There are still long periods of ego dissolution, and that for me is the great benefit of solo tripping: when you push your little boat of perception away from the shores of consciousness, there's no one holding the painter line, ready to pull you back with a cough, laugh, surreal crazy-ass observations or simply by passing you the spliff. You can just drift until the shore is over the horizon - and then … well that's where words fail, isn't it?

I've tried quite a few things on the menu by now but stay away from most of them because the doors they open simply and clearly reveal steps leading down into darkness. The ones that lead up to the light (IMO) are LSD, n,n-DMT, Shrooms, 2CB, Cannabis and coffee. Damn Good Coffee.

I like MDMA occasionally too, but psychedelically speaking it's too pushy.

I hope I can bring something to the Nexus, I know I've got a lot out of it already - and I am looking forward to hopefully finding a place here. I must stop writing now, it's too long already - thanks for reading all the way!

Peace Out.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DoingKermit
#2 Posted : 10/20/2011 3:36:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi nonlocality, I really enjoyed your intro essay.

I can relate to a lot of what you have portrayed. I too have found myself in a place where i can't get too much out of the crazy doses i used to do when i was younger, which ultimately helped me me take a more respectable/serious approach towards these plant teachers. Just trying to "trip balls" doesn't help with self growth IMO (depends on the person i guess). I do take DMT with my best buds, as i feel i connect with them even more after engaging in a group session, but i never see it as a thing to just "get wasted". That attitude definitely didn't work well in my favour.

You seem like you could be a great contributor to this lovely forum and i look forward to seeing you around. All the best, buddy

nen888
#3 Posted : 10/20/2011 5:34:08 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..welcome nonlocality, like your name and intro. essay, thanksSmile

you sound like you have a real wealth of experiences you could share with the nexian community, and look forward to hearing more of what you have to say..the old Gracie & Zorkov/early '90s period was like an entheogenic golden age (with hindsight), which is hopefully in renaissance..
..where are you at these days with 'spice'? still participate, changed usage, plants etc?
have you tried LSD/DMT combinations? (these can be very powerful)

glad you're here...

nonlocality
#4 Posted : 10/20/2011 10:02:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DoingKermit wrote:
Hi nonlocality, I really enjoyed your intro essay.

I can relate to a lot of what you have portrayed. I too have found myself in a place where i can't get too much out of the crazy doses i used to do when i was younger, which ultimately helped me me take a more respectable/serious approach towards these plant teachers. Just trying to "trip balls" doesn't help with self growth IMO (depends on the person i guess). I do take DMT with my best buds, as i feel i connect with them even more after engaging in a group session, but i never see it as a thing to just "get wasted". That attitude definitely didn't work well in my favour.

You seem like you could be a great contributor to this lovely forum and i look forward to seeing you around. All the best, buddy

That's very kind of you - thanks. I've found that most of my tripping buddies quit psychedelics in their early 30s. I like my 2CB, LSD, Shrooms and DMT, but they're pretty infrequent experiences these days and to be honest even finding a trip buddy would be hard work nowadays. So I tend to make them count in terms of dosage, and in some ways the infrequence counts in my favour, as the anticipation, preloading and preparation are that much more advanced by the time I do drop, vape or snort them

nen888 wrote:
..welcome nonlocality, like your name and intro. essay, thanksSmile

you sound like you have a real wealth of experiences you could share with the nexian community, and look forward to hearing more of what you have to say..the old Gracie & Zorkov/early '90s period was like an entheogenic golden age (with hindsight), which is hopefully in renaissance..
..where are you at these days with 'spice'? still participate, changed usage, plants etc?
have you tried LSD/DMT combinations? (these can be very powerful)

glad you're here...

And thank you for your kind words too, I already feel most welcome!

LSD/DMT is my current project. I'm well endowed for half that recipe, but a trip to the store beckons - I'm just reading up on tek here right now, and I have to take my hat off to the nexus here - it's come a long way since QT's extraction tek which I saw on DMT world. (I tried but got unworkable goop)

The last spice I smoked was about 5 or 6 years ago, dark red sticky clumps. One particular journey made me post my only ever trip report on DMT world, I have a fragment of it here -

Quote:
These 3 experiences were remarkably similar :
going from abstract eidetic CEV (closed eye visuals) into the familiar rotating and locking planes that then do this wierd *rotation* and I'm through into 'Flatworld' a multi-D space with vibrant but not glaring colours.

Boxy, rectilinear, tron like - all surfaces composed of convolving glyphs and symbols, which on closer inspection are multilayered. Very beatific/peaceful.

Excursion 3 sees me smoothly moving through 'tronworld' into 'the kindergarten' - All much more curvy and brighly lit, large open structures moving through a vast space, and I am in/on one . Surface of this 'kindergarten ship' is again convolving glyphs and symbols, but much more multicoloured and intricate. Surface is studded with fantastically intricate animated ovoids that are constantlychanging and clamouring for my focus. Sensation of other entities there, slightly disappointed that I 'dont get it' - I feel a bit stupid, but it's no biggie.

Then last night. Well......
The usual start, rushing flow of eidetic images unfolding into this space, but I am still accelerating......

Into tronworld, but I am saying, 'seen this, interesting and pretty, but let's get on'.

Just as well, because looking back at it, I was powerless to resist the acceleration. Shot through and out of tronland into Kindergarten space (these are precisely the same places I saw in the last 3 excursions), but only for a moment, before being propelled into...

... the machine room. It's loud and hectic, everything is moving so fast, and its so bright and clear, sharper than reality you might say. My whole 'visual' field is flooding in as an entire gestalt. I am utterly disoriented, not frightened, but hanging on to my somatic reality as hard as I can. Two entities in the machine room (machines themsleves?) are being very persistent in trying to communicate important things to me, but I am confused, disoriented -

Everything is SO COMPLICATED! The entities are large, part machine things. Their surface is made from a grid/matrix of flattened spheres, metallic in appeareance but UTTERLY OTHER AND UNFAMILIAR.

Their whole surface is made up of thousands of these spheres, some in a partial casing as if on gimbals, others free floating. Interior of entity is suffused cloud of light, pulsing colours in synch with its intent/actions.

I can feel some nausea in the pit of my stomache (lack of food, hunger) - I indicate my overwhelmedness to my new friends, and my intention toopen my eyes. all hell breaks loose! Alarms Klaxons, lots of red warning glyphs everywhere. The surfaces of the entities light up (GOD ITS SO BRIGHT) telling me (not ordering me) that to do so would be inadvisable.

Open my eyes. living room is still there, but only just. machine room is there too - brain hurts from seeing two realities simultaneously and eyes go closed. Gradually I get the message. Your autonomic system will take care of everything, don't worry.

Become conscious of my breathing and start to try and take control of it.
More klaxons, red alert symbols. Enities try and show me (using stuff that looks like its from Kindergarten space) a device that is monitoring/controlling respiratory function. It looks like a diagrammatic representation of a trachea on a passively illumintade display. It is moving and it holds my gaze solid in the same way as happens in 'kindergarten'

I keep thinking that this must be over soon, it's been ages. I start to calm down and all I can do is gawp like a country cousin. Everything is moving fast with a real smooth motion, stuff happening everywhere, superfast machine noises and sussurration. Very Exciting

Whole experience starts to take on much less frightening inetnsity although the machine room is still there (still there? shouldnt this have worn off minutes ago?) Everything is much calmer (but still utterly baffling). I am smiling a lot now, realising that I had my jaw tightly clenched. Smiling illuminates the space with a warm friendly feeling. 'OK' I say, 'that was a bit mad' - 'Yes' is the reply hangin in the air.
I feel a sense of concern, and a sort of head patting affection for frightened child... and then I'm pushing back to the surface and reality asserts itself with me thinking I am going to have to do this again, and echoes of agreement are heard back in the machine room.
NOTES
I have given a lot of time to mulling over the question of the entities encountered in this induced state of mind . Until now they had always been mere suggestions of what I met last night. Like they were cloaking themselves in visual terms I could understand, but last night, all the coating was stripped away.