We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
noob lands, flaps arms furiously, not much happens... Options

captainz
#1 Posted : 10/18/2011 4:24:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good day all. I've been lurking around here for some time and trying the odd recipe here and there.

What I have learned:
Some of the recipes seem sensitive. Like the "cake method", if you basify the alcohol it comes out green, not red, which surprised me. I'd comment, but I am still a noob and not to be trusted Wink

Vinegar is horrid after a while.

Dryteks work but yields aren't great. Yet. And limonene is another smell that starts to grate. Yet I like Xylene. Years of sniffing pens I guess.

House's cactus goo is just horrible. Urggh. Though the "fountain of green" out the top of the pressure cooker was a sight to behold. Certainly took some explaining to my mother-in-law (I am now the official soap-maker in the family).

I am rubbish at chemistry without a pristine lab full of glassware. I must get me some more. This could become a fetish (oooooh, soxhlet, Vigreaux, reflux...)

I think distilled water is needed. At least when your water is full of chalk as it is here.

Did I mention I suck at chemistry? It's quite disappointing. I shall blame my tools...

I look forward to trying out ALL the recipes on here. One of them must work, eventually, by random chance alone. I'll comment widely if and when I ever get one working.

Thanks to all the contributors on here. Truly a marvelous resource.

See you on the other side...
My mobile phone's first language appears to be Phoneglish. The creative spelling belongs to it. The content is mine. In case you were wondering. Pop-pip!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

PrimalWisdom
#2 Posted : 10/18/2011 4:53:36 PM

Everything the light touches

Hey, welcome! Smile

I really liked Houses cactus tek, simple to follow and yielded great results. of course if you want purer mescaline an extraction is preffered.

Sounds like you're gonna fit right in here.
Sonorous fractal manifestastions,
birthing golden vibrations,
that echo through folds of space & time,
ferry my soul closer to God

SpartanII
#3 Posted : 10/18/2011 5:01:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome!

I like the home-made soap excuse. lol. I also respect your optimistic approach towards the teks. KITCHEN CHEMISTS UNITE!Very happy

captainz
#4 Posted : 10/18/2011 5:51:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks. The soap excuse worked great, though when I suggested I could make her some for Christmase she just looked at the alien encrusted kitchen (complete with bubbles and a horrible smell) and suggested she might like some flowers, he he.

In a weird synchronicity, you can buy jurema soap. The tannins are good for burns and such, as it happens. I was strangely pleased when I found out.

I have the greatest respect for anyone who can swallow the cactus concentrate. I just can't. One burp would be the end...

Do we still do the foaf swim swik etc here? Where I come from accessory is as bad as being principle. But I don't want to jinx the style...

My mobile phone's first language appears to be Phoneglish. The creative spelling belongs to it. The content is mine. In case you were wondering. Pop-pip!

Perderabo
#5 Posted : 10/19/2011 8:08:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Lmao, i can just picture your mothers face.

But anyway the cactuse concentrate isnt so bad. What is bad is swallowing a pint of greenish goo with the texture that resembles snot and tastes of yuck. I must say doing that was one of the hardest things i have ever done in my life

The company of those seeking the truth is infinitely preferable to those who think they have already found it.

The truth may be out there, but the lies are already inside your head

It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

captainz
#6 Posted : 10/22/2011 9:50:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I salute you. People say the tar isn't so bad, but I just couldn't. I sniffed it first (big mistake), and my body said NO WAY JOSE and so it has stayed. I did a limo drytek and it kinda worked okay, but now I've got 20kg of lime in the garage, 5L d-limonene and I am banned from the kitchen. I seem to have collected a lot of other solvents too. So I've decided to try a few things out.

About me: weeeell I am a drug tourist mostly these days as I have too little time to really do much (kids, wife, job.....the usual hamster wheel of a conventional life).

I play in this headspace primarily for religious and mental-health reasons, and am very interested in dmt as an alternative that fits my lack of time. Mescaline just because,well, it's the little daddy and so must be tried properly.

My history is mostly LSD back in the late eighties (happy house smiley acid), which partially cured me of being bipolar, though I don't recommend combining acid and lithium to anyone. Really. Unless becoming a blind/deaf/mute appeals to you. Ego dissolution at the highest level. I'm curious about MeO-DMT having a similar effect, hitting lower down the brain as it were. Lucy and I don't really get on, though it is the supreme vacuum cleaner for the brain. The clarity of the following days is unbeaten so far....

Then years of mushies. Ooh I love mushies. The more the better. Universal connection via the mega body-load hauling kundalini up your spine and out the top of your head. Rather tiring though.

So now we come to Mescalito, who I will spend a day or two with once I sort out what to do with all this instant snot I've got in the shed courtesy of Julio, who is a very nice guy. Got a light effect from the drytek, but need to really take a lot now to work with it.

Then there's DMT. I think I like DMT. I like that harmalas glow under black-light like a mad episode of CSI (halloween is nearly here folks!). I like the smell of the vine. I like that it makes television three dimensional and only lasts a couple of hours with plenty of that erotic vibe. I'm not convinced it has enough potency to teach (the brain requires time to rewire, it's like slow gooey syrup), though repeated doses a la aya ceremonies may be the way to go.

When I'm done with all that I might go for the great and very scary teacher Ibogaine, but that stuff is frightening. I notice not many people on here have gone there. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has sailed those seas.

And there you are. All about me in one particular dimension. Now back to Dora the Explorer (my three year old has it on heavy rotation) and choosing an acid for my pre-soak. Some say Vinegar, some say hydrochloric, I've got phosphoric which appeals to me, hmmm.

Perderabo
#7 Posted : 10/23/2011 2:36:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well i am not experienced, but from what i have read here if you want a longer trip you should think about mixing some bufotenine(5-ho-dmt) with dmt and ofcourse with a maoi. it can supposedly greatly increase your trips length. plus it is simple to extract
The company of those seeking the truth is infinitely preferable to those who think they have already found it.

The truth may be out there, but the lies are already inside your head

It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

captainz
#8 Posted : 10/23/2011 5:51:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, I appreciate the advice. MAOI's are the way to go, but honestly I like the idea of short voyages.

I notice you've got JK in your sig. I always liked JK. I also liked the other Krishnamurti (U.G.) for a more challenging vibe.

Sooo, latest kitchen lesson, don't put powdered bicarb into a hot acidic extract of caapi. Unless you like a yellow kitchen. Which glows under ultraviolet. He he. Lost about 25% there, but had to laugh. I mean it wasn't exactly unpredictable! Still, I like bicarb as a ph balancer as it tastes ok. Carbonate tastes horrid. Lye is just dangerous given that ph papers are a bit rubbish.

I would note that using a microwave really seems to extract harder and faster. 3x10 minute acidic with a 10 minute rest and a squeeze seemed to pretty much removed everything. I also used a teabag approach which reduced the amount of filtering needed. I have kept the filtrands for adding to any later brews, sitting in a mildly acid solution for a week.

Decoction ("oh no officer, it's not a preparation if you just chop it up and make tea"Pleased is sitting in the fridge after decanting original cold settlement (ph'd to around 6 so tannins might settle out of their own accord). I added a little powdered gelatin too to mop up more tannins. Tastes ok! Still a bit acidic, but doesn't make your face turn inside out so I guess the tannins are reduced. Fats floated on the top as scum I think. I'll sprinkle some bicarb later and see if it still fizzes.

Drinking of drink and holding of feather in trunk to occur this evening if the kids go to sleep...

kthanxbai cats