We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Un-ripe Morning glory seeds Options

Wax
#1 Posted : 10/18/2011 1:28:45 AM

LUVR

So I have a morning glory vine that I planted this summer and it is dropping some of its seeds.
A lot of the seeds are not fully ready to drop, as in they are still green and soft.

Do the seeds gain more LSA as they harden and turn black?
Or do they have more while still fresh and green?
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

biopsylo
#2 Posted : 10/18/2011 1:51:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i wondered this, too
i have already gotten many mature seeds, and still bright blue and purple flowers and unripe pods as well. they love this time of year! i think i remember reading that green pods are quite active, but not sure where the highest levels occur.

Kao
#3 Posted : 11/20/2011 10:47:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This report on Erowid suggests that unripe seeds are more potent. Have you experimented with them yet?

I put my unripe seeds in a baggy and they had fuzzy fungus, possibly mold, growing on them less than two days later. Confused I should have left them out to dry.

biopsylo
#4 Posted : 11/20/2011 11:00:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kao wrote:
This report on Erowid suggests that unripe seeds are more potent. Have you experimented with them yet?

I put my unripe seeds in a baggy and they had fuzzy fungus, possibly mold, growing on them less than two days later. Confused I should have left them out to dry.

hmmm mold growing on lsa containing seeds? interesting.

i just got another small handful of seeds today. picked some peppermint, too. any thoughts on dosage/recipe?

Phlux-
#5 Posted : 11/20/2011 11:11:54 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

i once made the most discusting oros and unripe mghb pod smoothie - it worked as powerfully as it tasted.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Wax
#6 Posted : 11/21/2011 3:35:36 AM

LUVR

Well I did a crude extract on a few seeds and I'm not sure what I got...too afraid to eat the resulting green resin!
I think the extraction pulled more chlorophyll than lsa.
I would try eating the seeds next time.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

MelCat
#7 Posted : 11/21/2011 8:50:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had some mold growing on some morning glory seeds I had harvested as well. Putting them in a coffee filter to finish drying worked like a charm.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

sigma&pi
#8 Posted : 10/11/2014 2:17:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry from raising this thread from the dead but I have the same questions as WAX.

This year due to late frosts I planted my vines late and they're just starting to develop seed pods. I assume the weather will turn bad within a month or so, so most seeds of the plant won't get fully ripe before the plant dies.

According to liks below unripe MG seeds also contain LSA and are less nauseating. In EROWIDs trip report they are even more potent then ripe seeds. Can anyone on this forum confirm this?

www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=78150
www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18226

And I guess You can't store the unripe seeds any different way than in freezer?

Cognitive Heart
#9 Posted : 10/11/2014 2:55:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Considering your situation and motives, it wouldn't hurt to at least try consuming the unripe seeds to see what the effects are like. I would suggest eating them as extraction would probably lead to a chlorophyll mess. Thumbs down Besides, nausea is most likely reduced as the fresh, unripe seeds taste like water, afaik.

Although those two sources do raise questions about the unripe seeds I don't think this was ever anaylzed or supported by Hoffman, or by anyone for that matter. It is true the entire plant contains lysergamides. So this is somewhat unknown territory in terms of ergoline desirables.. but do let us know how it goes! Smile
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Cognitive Heart
#10 Posted : 10/26/2014 12:43:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay, so after consuming 74 fresh(a small handful) of harvested unripe and also some ripe seeds of heavenly blue MG; I had quite an intense experience. They weren't hard seeds, but chewy and soft. Tasted like water and earth. Pleased

Within 2 hours - visuals(CEV/OEV), blissful sensations, unique blending of colors and sounds, intense relaxation and mood lift, occasional euphoria and basically VERY typical LSA effects. Hardly any words to describe what happened. I am confused and shocked. Vasoconstriction was greatly present, yet hardly noticeable with the amount of color and intensity surrounding me during the experience. Lasted for more than 6 hours. Also, this was mixed with a cannabis joint including hops and elder tobacco.

I wouldn't be surprised if 100 unripe seeds delivered a powerful, entheogenic experience. Smile

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

kerelsk
#11 Posted : 10/26/2014 12:58:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Had the opportunity to eat a bunch of unripe seed pods this year but I chickened out Embarrased
I just tremble at the feet of this plant, as much as I love it.

Glad to hear of your bravery and success Cognitive Heart, was there much nausea?

Cognitive Heart
#12 Posted : 10/27/2014 2:05:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

kerelsk wrote:
Had the opportunity to eat a bunch of unripe seed pods this year but I chickened out Embarrased
I just tremble at the feet of this plant, as much as I love it.
Glad to hear of your bravery and success Cognitive Heart, was there much nausea?

Hi kerelsk!

It's worth it, imho. This is a much beloved plant. I have a completely new respect for it. I'm not even sure if I will ever go back to eating or working with the hard, black seeds ever again. The fresh, unripe-ripe soft seeds are so much easier to ingest but methods should be taken to avoid excessive constriction..

I was able to counter any nausea before it started by smoking a spliff.. it definitely kicked it into full gear, though. Pleased The only real side effect noticed was the intense vasoconstriction. However, with all other effects happening simultaneously, it was easy to just let go and swim through the visual display present at the time. Very defined afterimages, unique synesthesia and highly peculiar effects of morphing, trailing, melting, breathing and movements all around my environment. I was in the cascade of a dream made of feathers and light. Nothing could harm me. My head felt as if it was vibrating. My body was increasing in weightlessness. The colors were extremely bright and dancing!

This all continued for quite some time before reaching baseline after about 7 hours, peaked for about 3. Made a nice meal with my senses fully, finely tuned afterwards. Very nice afterglow and subtle effects continued. It was already 20 hrs later. Very deep sleep, well rested. I'd like to add that the LSA experience should at least be strayed away for a few weeks.. to avoid painful experiences. The LD50 is very high and is not of concern but dosage leveling is key. A very clear, smooth experience can be done!

Love Thumbs up

kerelsk
#13 Posted : 10/27/2014 3:16:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Cognitive Heart, feathers and light, that strikes me. I finally found a variety of I. tricolor that will mature quickly enough to produce viable seed by the cold times. This ain't Oaxaca anymore! Only got a handful and I'm saving them for the next growing season, I have a feeling that will be the right time.

I'd like to show you this interesting little paper on morning glories and the 1960s movement. I found. It's hard to find any artwork or writing around this plant, compared to mushrooms or aya.

Cognitive Heart
#14 Posted : 10/28/2014 11:00:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wish you well! Smile

Speaking of Oaxaca, during sacred Meso rituals only 26 fresh seeds of MG were of use(and possibly still are) which are grounded up and mixed with water by a virgin woman. This indicates that 26 seeds are enough to deliver a peaceful experience.. seeing as they were freshly harvested, and potently so. This is just mere suggestion, though.

So, the experience leaves me with a few pondering possibilities:

1: The fresh, soft, unripe/ripe seeds of LSA-containing plants are very potent and make it much easier to have an entheogenic experience..

2: This could be the reasons why such low dosages were used for shamanistic purposes within Oaxaca..

3: My harvest left me with elevated levels of ergine, and other related compounds(?)..

4: Growing of the entheogenic plants gives way to much more desirable, rewarding experiences through strong intent..

I just hope more are able to see this without much disregard, as this changes the entire idea of taking regrettable dosages of LSA.. and it works! Cool

sigma&pi
#15 Posted : 11/7/2014 5:24:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Unfortunately my vines had only 5 seedpods, 3 of them reasonably large and none of them got ripe. I've collected 13 white, soft seeds and I didn't know what to do with them. With such quantity I wouldn't even have threshold effects, but I ate them anyway. No effects as I expected. I hope I will have more luck next year with planting MGs.

But I'd like to thank Cognitive Heart for posting his raport!

Cognitive Heart
#16 Posted : 11/7/2014 7:54:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up

I wish you well for next years harvest, sigma&pi! Did you get a lot of blooms this year around? Moar blooms - the greater chances of harvest so that the bees can pollinate the flowers.

BundleflowerPower
#17 Posted : 11/7/2014 9:16:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find the unripe seeds more potent as well. I've also never experienced nausea from them, I just chew them up, hold them under my tongue for a bit then swallow.
I planted a pearly gate vine back in feb, it grew into a monster, but just began blooming about 2 weeks ago. Hundreds of flowers per day since. Hopefully in a week or two it will have a hundred pods to eat.

BundleflowerPower
#18 Posted : 11/7/2014 9:31:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sigma&pi wrote:
Unfortunately my vines had only 5 seedpods, 3 of them reasonably large and none of them got ripe. I've collected 13 white, soft seeds and I didn't know what to do with them. With such quantity I wouldn't even have threshold effects, but I ate them anyway. No effects as I expected. I hope I will have more luck next year with planting MGs.

But I'd like to thank Cognitive Heart for posting his raport!

Eat them. I have a blue star plant that only produced about the amount you have, the pearly gate accualy strangled it I think. I ate them and felt it.

sigma&pi
#19 Posted : 11/8/2014 7:52:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cognitive Heart wrote:
I wish you well for next years harvest, sigma&pi! Did you get a lot of blooms this year around? The more blooms, the greater chances of harvest so bee's can pollinate the flowers.

Thanx, "a lot" is a relative thing Wink My vine wasn't too big so I had maybe 3-5 big flowers every day as it started to bloom. But the weather broke during that time, there were few night frosts and cold, rainy days so the bees weren't too busy.

BundleflowerPower wrote:
Eat them. I have a blue star plant that only produced about the amount you have, the pearly gate accualy strangled it I think. I ate them and felt it.

Well, I ate them but didn't feel anything. I think it was too little.

Cognitive Heart
#20 Posted : 11/20/2014 2:37:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

13 seeds is below threshold.. whether they were unripe or ripe. If you are able to harvest above 50 next year around, you are looking at a far greater possibility with the unripe seeds. The pure white, gelatin-like soft seeds are glorious and very rewarding. However, be sure none of them are rotting before consumption. Oh, and plant a lot! Big grin

123NEXT