We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Moving slowly as a meditation Options

SpartanII
#1 Posted : 10/17/2011 2:12:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm sure it's a recognized form of meditation, but I thought it was one of those simple, little things that can make a big difference so I wanted to share it. I started doing it because I was frustrated with myself for moving so fast/impulsively, and always bumping into stuff or stubbing my toe, or knocking something over.Rolling eyes I call it "Slowmoving" and do it whenever I notice myself moving mindlessly or doing one of the above. Basically I just go about moving and doing what I usually do, except I go in slow motion. It's comically frustrating actually, but it creates a lot of room for mindfulness and teaches you patience at the same time! Two birds, one stone (slow moving stone)Wink You can play around with it and vary the speed too.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

vovin
#2 Posted : 10/17/2011 2:17:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

Tai Chi Meditation in motion, or as I like to call it meditation for those with A.D.D.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

SpartanII
#3 Posted : 10/17/2011 2:43:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

vovin wrote:
Tai Chi Meditation in motion, or as I like to call it meditation for those with A.D.D.

Yea! Kinda like Tai Chi applied to everyday activities. Doctors told me I have ADD so this is PERFECT.Cool

Pony On A Rainbow
#4 Posted : 10/17/2011 3:10:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One thing that i "understood" about life is that every moment is immensely beautiful. It's like moment for moment is art. We just have all these clutter in our lives that we take for granted the details.
Live and Let Live.
Humility Smile

vovin
#5 Posted : 10/17/2011 5:41:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

I have add bad. The abbey prescribed me tai chi and what is known as karma yoga ( repeating mundane tasks and chanting. It slowed me down plenty to really get into meditations. Most spiritual industries have learned most people cant go directly into meditation. Many are just too wired. Unfortunate part is it is these people who need it the most. There are many free tai chi videos http://thepiratebay.org/.../4291442/tai_chi_24_form and it is something you can do at home.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

SpartanII
#6 Posted : 10/18/2011 1:25:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the link vovin.Very happy