We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT/MDMA consensus? Options

tripwire
#1 Posted : 10/15/2011 3:20:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What is the current thinking on combining these two?

The obvious attraction is the prospect of a guaranteed positive experience whilst under the influence. Or at least a guaranteed positive mindset without anxiety before dosing DMT. But does it hold you back in some way? Does one potentiate the other?

Can a low dose of MDMA provide a positive influence on the DMT experience?

As harmalas are more RIMA than MAOI, are they dangerous in combination with MDMA?

Many thanks for your input.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Global
#2 Posted : 10/15/2011 4:26:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Harmalas should absolutely never be combined with MDMA. It's the number one thing to never be combined with harmalas.

If you wanna smoke DMT with MDMA without the harmalas, then that's a different story. I've never personally tried it (since I stopped taking MDMA after I started extracting), but I've heard good things and can't imagine them not synergizing. It could become quite overwhelming though and if it's not pure MDMA, then things may not be lined up so perfectly to make a positive experience.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

actualfactual
#3 Posted : 10/15/2011 4:44:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
The obvious attraction is the prospect of a guaranteed positive experience whilst under the influence.

No such thing.

corpus callosum
#4 Posted : 10/15/2011 4:56:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Vaporised DMT with MDMA (at 'normal' doses ie 125ish mgs) doesnt present any undue toxicity issues but I think it varies how much any individual enjoys it.Physically though, the two will have an additive effect on ones blood pressure and pulse.

RIMAs are a subset of the MAOIs and the combination of these with MDMA (both oral) is a hazardous combination and is not recommended.MDMA is known to be metabolised by enzymes of the CYP450 system and also by Catechol-O-Methyl Transferase (which metabolises dopamine, epinephrine and norepinephrine in vivo) but the risk of serotonin syndrome and a hypertensive crisis is increased when MDMA and RIMAs are combined.

IME, and I refer more to MDMA with LSD, theres no such thing as a guaranteed positive experience.Imagine the scenario-its Friday night and the choice of entertainment is MDMA or LSD, or both, and I feel Im not in the right frame of mind for the acid and opt for MDMA alone.Three hours after taking the MDMA I feel that I wish to take the LSD as well, because I now 'feel' positive and anxiety-free, I find that the mindset induced by the MDMA is rather superficial and, more often than not, the mindset before taking the MDMA can become apparent.What Im trying to say is that, for me, the happiness induced by MDMA is not necessarily robust enough to 'carry me through' a psychedelic esperience.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Pandora
#5 Posted : 10/15/2011 5:10:06 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

I and a couple others I've encountered out in reality have had difficulty getting vaped DMT to work, especially at lower doses when rolling. I wish I could figure out why this is so. I think I've gotten it to work well one time out of about four attempts.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Entheojen
#6 Posted : 10/15/2011 5:20:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

tripwire wrote:
Or at least a guaranteed positive mindset without anxiety before dosing DMT.

Does MDMA guarantee a positive mindset? I am near sure I read in PIHKAL that one of the sessions was a bit dysphoric.
The trees spoke to me through the wind. The more I listened, the more they spoke.

Infinite I
#7 Posted : 10/15/2011 5:44:18 PM

JC

I have had very positive experiences with this combo, I was smoking dmt fairly regularly then though so it wasn't something I was doing to steady the nerves, made for a great combo though the 3 times I tried it.

cave paintings
#8 Posted : 10/15/2011 7:05:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM himself has had some fantastic experiences with MDMA and DMT. Aswell as some of SWIMS friends. It definitely helps one let go easier and quells alot of the nervousness one has, if one has issues with that. I find they sync beautifully, but this is SWIMS experience.
Living to Give

BobBobson
#9 Posted : 10/16/2011 2:33:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

corpus callosum wrote:
Imagine the scenario-its Friday night and the choice of entertainment is MDMA or LSD, or both, and I feel Im not in the right frame of mind for the acid and opt for MDMA alone.Three hours after taking the MDMA I feel that I wish to take the LSD as well, because I now 'feel' positive and anxiety-free, I find that the mindset induced by the MDMA is rather superficial and, more often than not, the mindset before taking the MDMA can become apparent.What Im trying to say is that, for me, the happiness induced by MDMA is not necessarily robust enough to 'carry me through' a psychedelic esperience.

I can understand what you mean and have found myself that DMT whilst on an afterglow from MDMA is a bit annoying.

My mate however, swears by it and infact the only time he will vap DMT is after having been out on MDMA. For him MDMA is an anxiety killer and to him, this results in a guaranteed amazing experience on DMT. Regardless of anyone elses personal opinion I can certainly vouch that for my mate, DMT on the tail end of a night out on DMT is the #1 thrill in his life.

So I guess that for plenty of people, it works a treat.

tripwire
#10 Posted : 10/16/2011 3:02:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the responses so far. On reflection guarantee is a bit smiplistic. Im hoping people have found mdma to help get the most from a dmt experience. I had a concern that the mdma might negatively affect some aspect of dmt, maybe a visual element, but that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Contra-indications of mdma and maoi/rima noted, thanks.

Anyone had a bad experience of dmt while under influence of mdma?

Does anyone here find that mdma is a completely different substance when taken alone in a medatative context? I have found it to be the only psychedelic ive yet encountered that doesnt forcefully disintegrate the self. But when I voluntarily surrender, I find myself under the influence of a totally different medicine. So different to the typical social use associated with ecstacy.

Perhaps the most important question I should ask is whether there is an alternative natural substance with mdma like effects? Something a little less toxic hopefully.

embracethevoid
#11 Posted : 10/19/2011 2:37:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MDMA first, then DMT on the comedown. Empathogen-entactogen!

DMT wipes away the tiredness and restores serotonergic balance & receptor density, throw a very small dose of harmalas, wait for the comedown to subside enough such that you avoid serotonin syndrome. Not to be abused though, risk of death!

You can use caapi/rue at a very precise dose. There is a certain set point dose where all senses are amplified to the peak and energy can be channeled into empathogenic energy.

Apparently vasicine and vasicinone in rue have oxytocic effects, so there's probably a strong empathogenic stimulus there. Not to mention RIMA is neuroprotective whereas MDMA is neurotoxic to an extent.

Mescaline is also another great one. But you wouldn't need MDMA if you had mesc, that's for sure. It's natural rolling; MDMA makes your brain go a bit haywire whereas mescaline induces a deeply relaxing state whereby there is far more room for entactogenic clarity as opposed to running around hugging lampposts.

universecannon
#12 Posted : 10/19/2011 3:22:03 AM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I've only vaped dmt while on mdma once and it was years ago.. but it was an amazing experience, to say the least

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"