We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Garden Of Eden (Voogelbreinder) Review Options

nen888
#1 Posted : 10/14/2011 5:39:18 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..i would like to review and draw nexians' attention to the book "Garden of Eden: The Shamanic Use of Psychoactive Flora and Fauna, and the Study of Consciousness" (2009) by Snu Voogelbreinder

..since getting a copy i've been amazed how much information has been put together in it regarding the constituents and usage of plants (& creatures)
here is what me & Entropymancer said in the Acacias thread..
Quote:
nen888 wrote:
"Garden Of Eden (The Shamanic Use Of Psychoactive Flora and Fauna and the Study of Consciousness) by S. Voogenbreinder is self published, avavilable a few places on the net..it is the most comprehensive reference of psychoactive plants and animals i have seen to date, more extensive and up to date (at 2009) than Ott's Pharmacopeia or Ratsch's encyclopedia."

Absolutely. This is hands-down the best book on psychoactive plants that I've come across. Snu doesn't go into quite as much detail as Ott on some topics, but he covers nearly every plant of possible interest, while Ott maintained a narrower focus. Compared to Rätsch's Encyclopedia, Snu's book stands head and shoulders above it. He covers many more plants, and in much greater detail than Rätsch... and isn't prone to Rätsch's unfortunate tendency to be lax with factual accuracy and citations.

I can't praise the book highly enough. It's hard to believe that there are still copies available, since only 500 were printed and it was released two years ago. To anyone looking for the absolute best reference on psychoactive plants, I'd recommend snapping up a copy before they're all gone.

..it also has the kind of bibliography Tikhal should have had, and some good summaries of various classes of active compounds, neurotransmitters & psychology..

if you're a information or references freak, this is for you, but also it's just generally interesting skimming through it..it's a properly bound, old-style hardcover..

still available from: http://www.troutsnotes.com/sc/snu.html

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

--Shadow
#2 Posted : 1/16/2014 3:36:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was a little embarrassed when I asked the lady in the MPH bookstore if she had "Garden of Eden by Snu voogelbreinder"' then when she started searching for it on the web, it triggered their internet filter and displayed these big blocked web page warnings lol

Guess I'll order it online
Throughout recorded time and long before, trees have stood as sentinels, wise yet silent, patiently accumulating their rings while the storms of history have raged around them --The living wisdom of trees, Fred Hageneder

corpus callosum
#3 Posted : 1/16/2014 5:57:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

nen888 wrote:

The link says it has sold out.

I invested in a copy a while back and it really is an epic piece of work.

I reckon it will be worth a lot of money in years to come, provided its not reissued.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

corpus callosum
#4 Posted : 1/16/2014 7:03:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

http://www.shaman-austra...ndex.php?showtopic=36791

^^Post no. 19 in the link contains an e-mail apparently from Snu; it states that he is working on a PDF version of Garden of Eden which is good news for those who are patient and missed out on the hardcover version. Thumbs up
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

cyb
#5 Posted : 1/16/2014 7:21:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

corpus callosum wrote:
it states that he is working on a PDF version of Garden of Eden which is good news for those who are patient and missed out on the hardcover version. Thumbs up

There is a higher power after all...dying to get my mits on this tome. Smile
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Vodsel
#6 Posted : 1/16/2014 7:22:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

^ same here.

Maybe we could encourage Snu with a decent list of pre-orders?

--Shadow
#7 Posted : 1/17/2014 1:16:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I'm sure it's one of those things that not many people knew existed, but suddenly it is getting a lot of exposure via the growing nexus community as well as general increase in awareness of DMT/Ayahuasca lately.

I've just emailed him expressing my wishes for two hard copies, else I'll have to wait for PDF
Throughout recorded time and long before, trees have stood as sentinels, wise yet silent, patiently accumulating their rings while the storms of history have raged around them --The living wisdom of trees, Fred Hageneder