We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
DMT will be my introduction to psychedelics Options

arcanum
#21 Posted : 10/15/2011 8:19:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"After my anxiety attacks I went to my doctor and was prescribed Zoloft, which seem to be working for 4 months now. In those last 4 months I've read/watched The Spirit Molecule, have seen almost every YouTube video of DMT, read many accounts of DMT experiences, and lurked the Nexus. I have bought a Glass Vapor Genie, and a Zico curved torch lighter, all I need now is to make the substance. "

Don't want to be a spoil sport, but do you think the SSRI Zoloft will combine well with DMT? Thats not a suggestion to give up the Zoloft, rather wait with the DMT until your treatment runs it's course.
Small dose Salvia divinorum might be just as suitable as an introduction to entheogens. ( emphasis on the word small)

Take care!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

obliguhl
#22 Posted : 10/15/2011 8:52:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Small dose Salvia divinorum might be just as suitable as an introduction to entheogens.

If you enjoy feeling like vampire prey, yes Laughing

arcanum
#23 Posted : 10/15/2011 10:08:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you enjoy feeling like vampire prey, yes Laughing [/quote]

Ok, so i've had a few of those as wellTwisted Evil , but for some it does show it's brighter side occasionaly. Smile

powercorruption
#24 Posted : 10/19/2011 12:45:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

arcanum wrote:
"After my anxiety attacks I went to my doctor and was prescribed Zoloft, which seem to be working for 4 months now. In those last 4 months I've read/watched The Spirit Molecule, have seen almost every YouTube video of DMT, read many accounts of DMT experiences, and lurked the Nexus. I have bought a Glass Vapor Genie, and a Zico curved torch lighter, all I need now is to make the substance. "

Don't want to be a spoil sport, but do you think the SSRI Zoloft will combine well with DMT? Thats not a suggestion to give up the Zoloft, rather wait with the DMT until your treatment runs it's course.
Small dose Salvia divinorum might be just as suitable as an introduction to entheogens. ( emphasis on the word small)

Take care!

I thought it was the MAOIs that you had to worry about?

powercorruption
#25 Posted : 12/29/2011 6:00:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've acquired some spice, have the glass vapor genie, now I just need the courage. How small does 10mg look like? Is there a good mg scale you guys recommend?

I had a VERY small taste of DMT a few weeks ago. I was curious to see what it smelled like, and with a small whiff of it, I immediately felt some effects. No visuals, but I was couch locked, and shivering like crazy (though my heart rate seemed normal). I could feel vibrations moving from one ear to the other, lights seemed to glow and pulsate. I felt at ease, and a little nervous at the same time...this went on for about 35 minutes. I know a real dose is MILES above that, but it's amazing how potent this molecule is just by taking a small sniff of it.

RebornInSmoke
#26 Posted : 12/29/2011 6:12:43 PM

Lysergic Feline

...buckle up Cool
Gun it to 88...
..::those who speak do not know, those who know do not speak::..
<3

powercorruption
#27 Posted : 12/29/2011 6:41:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

RebornInSmoke wrote:
...buckle up Cool

blast off!

I am extremely nervous (as I only have experience with cannabis), but I know my body will be safe, and I'll have my brother (who has some experience) by my side. I think the only way to beat this nervousness, is to face my curiosity, jump in, let go, and explore the unexplainable.

RebornInSmoke
#28 Posted : 12/29/2011 7:19:08 PM

Lysergic Feline

it will be unlike ANYTHING you have ever experienced before.
i cant stress that enough. nothing can prepare you for it. no amount of preparation will ever truly ready you for this rocket ride to the sun.
im not experienced with DMT much but what i HAVE experienced has given me a deep, humble respect for this molecule.

it is powerful stuff. i would suggest that you dose low and work your way up.
getting used to the range of effects before jumping in at the deep end.
ie, 5mg, 10mg, 10mg a few more times, then 15mg, then 15mg a few times, then just move up at YOUR OWN PACE.
there's no rush, all the wonders of the universe and consciousness will still always be there, waiting for when you're ready to delve in.

this diagram that House made was quite helpful for me in getting over that nervousness.
the important thing to know is that there really is nothing to fear.
you control and create your thoughts. they dont control you.
Visual DMT Diagram
(give it a read its pretty good)

the nervousness/fear that i had was after my first trip. (48-50mg+)
read DMT (48-50+mg) - inexperienced - The end of the Universe and you'll see exactly what i mean and exactly why i recommend starting small and working your way up.
also i wouldnt recommend you get into the habit of reading lots of trip reports, i find it can colour your experiences as you take things from trip reports and you can subconsciously apply expectations onto your trips.
this, at least, is in my experience. the power of suggestion is a very real thing.

ps- i got past this fear by simply making myself smoalk moar.
i realized it was fear breeding fear, and that i HAD to just get right back into it, to prove to myself that i could. it was just my own fear holding me back. (understandable after the intensity of my first experience tho, eh? Razz )
"...you have nothing to fear but fear itself".

oh and PPS- also its good for you and your brother to know that physiologically speaking, DMT is very safe. it is native to our bodies and the brain actually enjoys it, cant get enough of it Pleased
so theres no real risk of OD or death if you use it normally/responsibly.
make sure you have somewhere comfy to sit/lay down after ur hit, because if you're standing up you WILL fall over (if you took a proper hit), and there is a risk of head injury etc.
also, no matter what happens, YOU WILL RETURN. ive had trips where ive thought "ah ive done it now, im never coming back" simply because time dilates, and what is actually 2 minutes can feel like 10, or more.

so yeah, dont worry, and enjoy your trip! Very happy
best of luck to you, space cowboy Pleased
Gun it to 88...
<3

powercorruption
#29 Posted : 12/29/2011 7:43:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

RebornInSmoke wrote:
this diagram that House made was quite helpful for me in getting over that nervousness.
the important thing to know is that there really is nothing to fear.
you control and create your thoughts. they dont control you.
Visual DMT Diagram
(give it a read its pretty good

Thank you for that, and everything else you wrote Smile

tele
#30 Posted : 12/29/2011 8:07:54 PM
Explorer

You have nothing to fear once you have smoked 15mg warm up doseTwisted Evil

powercorruption
#31 Posted : 12/29/2011 9:25:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:
You have nothing to fear once you have smoked 15mg warm up doseTwisted Evil

Yeah, I'm taking your suggestion with the lower dose Smile

I was thinking about starting with 10mg.

RebornInSmoke
#32 Posted : 12/29/2011 9:51:59 PM

Lysergic Feline

how much of the material do you have to work with?
i would recommend a few at 10mg, and then a few at 15, before going 20mg+. the range/spectrum of effects is pretty vast, and differs drastically in intensity between dosages.

thats what im doing anyway. working with lower doses before going up. ive got about 250-300mg left to work with, and im in no rush.
so far ive had that experience i wrote about on 48-50mgish, a handful of trips around 10mg, one 20mg, and one 12mg.
all have left me gobsmacked and in complete awe and gratitude.

DMT
<3

Gun it to 88...
<3

joedirt
#33 Posted : 12/29/2011 10:13:09 PM

Not I

I say start with 20 and get the whole thing in one hit. Lay back and enjoy.

It won't be to much to handle.

Peace

Edit: I love these threads... Smile Can't wait to hear back!
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

powercorruption
#34 Posted : 12/29/2011 10:17:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

RebornInSmoke wrote:
how much of the material do you have to work with?
i would recommend a few at 10mg, and then a few at 15, before going 20mg+. the range/spectrum of effects is pretty vast, and differs drastically in intensity between dosages.

thats what im doing anyway. working with lower doses before going up. ive got about 250-300mg left to work with, and im in no rush.
so far ive had that experience i wrote about on 48-50mgish, a handful of trips around 10mg, one 20mg, and one 12mg.
all have left me gobsmacked and in complete awe and gratitude.

DMT
<3

I'm not sure, I don't have a scale that weighs mg. I have a small piece, about half the size of a penny.

I'll have to buy one today or tomorrow, anyone have suggestions for a good, but cheap, scale that I can buy at a store?

PREV12