We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
DMT will be my introduction to psychedelics Options

powercorruption
#1 Posted : 10/13/2011 11:06:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm in my mid 20's, I've smoked cannabis for about a year now...that's about as far as my "drug" use has gone.

About 4 or 5 months ago (shortly before I had my first panic attack) I discovered DMT through reddit. I have always had an interest in psychedelics and hallucinogens, but feared having a bad trip and losing my mind, I'd like to thank the media for this unwarranted fear. Shortly after getting my medical marijuana card, I ate a cannabis edible from a dispensary...I did NOT expect the effects it presented me. I had vivid closed eye hallucinations, looping thoughts, I felt as if I had died and experienced a rebirth. It was terrifying, and may have triggered my anxiety attack. I don't blame cannabis, though, because I had a bad year, and a regretful Lasik procedure done that has made my eyesight dull.

After my anxiety attacks I went to my doctor and was prescribed Zoloft, which seem to be working for 4 months now. In those last 4 months I've read/watched The Spirit Molecule, have seen almost every YouTube video of DMT, read many accounts of DMT experiences, and lurked the Nexus. I have bought a Glass Vapor Genie, and a Zico curved torch lighter, all I need now is to make the substance.

Many people have told me to start with shrooms first, but I'd really like to experience a full breakthrough with DMT as my introduction to psychedelics. From what I've gathered nothing will prepare me for the experience, so why even try shrooms to "prepare" me for something that can't be prepared for? I realize I may witness a very haunting event, but that DMT is only showing me what I need to see, and who I really am. I'm hoping with that trip I'll have peace knowing why I am the way I am, even if it means I'm a bad person.. I'm hoping by facing up to this fear, it will give me a more personal, spiritual, and universal clarity.

Am I going over my head, or do I have to right attitude to seek DMT?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

tele
#2 Posted : 10/13/2011 11:16:19 PM
Explorer

I'd say there's nothing wrong with starting from DMT. Low dose can be much milder than mushrooms. The key if one wants to try it, is it's purity and proper vaporization device at proper temperature, without those it's a fail IMO.
Welcome BTW

PS. It most likely will not show you what you're expecting, I mean unless it's some freaky ass jesters spinning some balls or something similar! Just kidding... It shows something beyond our imagination and after each time it's different and new, IMO.
I'm talking about this quote:
Quote:
I realize I may witness a very haunting event, but that DMT is only showing me what I need to see, and who I really am. I'm hoping with that trip I'll have peace knowing why I am the way I am, even if it means I'm a bad person..

powercorruption
#3 Posted : 10/13/2011 11:19:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How much of a dosage would you suggest to go for a break through?

I think I have the most effective tools (GVG, and torch lighter), but not sure what I should dose myself at. I have a pretty small build, around 120 pounds...I was thinking 35mg at first, is that a little high?

tele
#4 Posted : 10/13/2011 11:20:41 PM
Explorer

powercorruption wrote:
How much of a dosage would you suggest to go for a break through?

I think I have the most effective tools (GVG, and torch lighter), but not sure what I should dose myself at. I have a pretty small build, around 120 pounds...I was thinking 35mg at first, is that a little high?

Whoa bro!

Start at 10mg, and increase your dosage by 3-5mg each time. Make sure you keep the torch's tip about 1-2cm above the bowl, and that you have copper mesh as a screen! Otherwise it may drip!

TRUST ME, there's no rush with going for a breakthru and starting low is a good factor, you can read on this board some newbs have smoked too much at the beginning and swearing they won't touch it again!Laughing
Take it slow and low and you will build to the place you need.

Redissolving spice in acetone is a great way to remove possible naphtha trapped. BTW

And q21q21's tek is as easy as it gets:
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...The_Fluffy_White_Funfest

Digi123
#5 Posted : 10/13/2011 11:28:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Powercorruption

Welcome to the Nexus Smile

Sorry to hear about the anxiety. I had a period of anxiety not too long ago so I know how you feel.

I would say you have a great attitude Smile

I started with 30mg Smile
Joined at the soul with a pair of headphones

In an ocean of music, we move with the flow

You think that's air you're breathing now?

Oneiros
#6 Posted : 10/14/2011 5:43:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Digi123 wrote:

You're crazy! Pleased I started with 20mg myself, and was rewarded with a breakthrough. But then again, I had plenty of past psychedelic experience to draw upon and was quite certain I would be able to handle it. For a first time psychedelic user, powercorruption, I'd go with tele's advice and start out at 10-15mg and up it from there. Welcome to the Nexus, and I can't wait to read about your first attempts! Smile

PLUR

Herba Luisa
#7 Posted : 10/14/2011 6:57:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!
I would start with 15-20mg. With the GVG it should be possible to rip the whole dose in one Hit.
Start your journey with psychedelics on a day when you're in a cheerful mood. Just before launch, a short meditition,
or if you have, a mantra to focus your mind, and you will be fine.
Set and setting are as important as the spice itself.
Hold the vapour as long as possible and then, close your eyes and relax.
It's important to abandon yourself, physical and psychical....just let it all go!

I'm so curious to hear your posting when you're not longer a psychedelic virgin. Wink

Awakened
#8 Posted : 10/14/2011 8:23:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome!

Like you SWIM's first psychedelic experience was with DMT. Although weed, speed and MDMA had been taken before. The short nature of the DMT trip plus the trip reports were more appealing that starting with a longer, possibly hours long trip.

SWIM started small, 10mg first, then the next night 20mg for a bigger effect. SWIM will be trying a larger dose soon, easing in is a good idea IMHO. My impression is that with the GVG you will manage to get better effects with smaller amounts due to the efficiency of the GVG. Something to be aware of if you vape a larger amount.

Still nothing can prepare you for the experience. Approach with an open peaceful mind, good safe setting and after reading and consuming everything on this forum and reading lots and lots of trip reports (even the bad ones, especially the bad ones).

Then decide for yourself what you want to do, go for the breakthrough right away or start small. If you feel anxious thinking about a break through dose right away then there is a good indicator that maybe easing in is a better idea.

At the end of the day trust your emotional instinct when it has been informed with plenty of information.
I like to make things up, everything above is made up and not real, it is a story for my own amusement. Sorry if you felt mislead.

I normally have to edit my posts within a couple of minutes for prose, spelling and grammar. Just to let you know.

Purges
#9 Posted : 10/14/2011 9:38:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus friend Very happy DMT as your first psychedelic?! You're brave, but you seem responsible so I'm sure you will have a great time, just remember that this molecule will take you far beyond what ever you thought possible. Shocked Wink

Oneiros wrote:
Digi123 wrote:

You're crazy! Pleased I started with 20mg myself, and was rewarded with a breakthrough. But then again, I had plenty of past psychedelic experience to draw upon and was quite certain I would be able to handle it. For a first time psychedelic user, powercorruption, I'd go with tele's advice and start out at 10-15mg and up it from there. Welcome to the Nexus, and I can't wait to read about your first attempts! Smile

PLUR

Agreed Smile I have done Spice dozens of times now since my first experience over 6 months ago and I still break through at around the 20 mg mark with the GVG - if used right it is dazzlingly effective. I would suggest 10-15 mg just to get you aquianted, you can always take more, but you can't take less! 30 mg in a bong had me speaking in tongues, in a GVG, for me, it would be cripplingly intense, so please be careful!
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Enoon
#10 Posted : 10/14/2011 9:49:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

welcome to the nexus.

I think the whole "nothing can prepare you for a dmt breakthrough" has to be qualified. Having a bunch of altered states experiences under your belt before you try dmt will not prepare you for the weirdness of what you will experience. However it might give you an idea of what an altered state in general is, and this can help you not to freak out. Personally I don't think I would have wanted to start with dmt, though in general I don't see anything wrong with it. I had quite some experience with musrhooms and lsd and other things, so I was in a way prepared for the change of consciousness in a general way. And despite what most say here, dmt did not radically change my life or my level of insight. That doesn't make it any less magical or insightful as a tool to work with. It's just that dmt itself is just a small part in a greater process of finding out the secrets to the mystery of your existence.

For me smoking dmt is not as meaningful and insightful as longer experiences like acid, mushrooms and pharma/aya. so if I had started with dmt, I might not have the kind of view I have of psychedelics now. Though who's to say. the ecstatic bliss, the cosmic dissolution, the insane caleidoscopic spinning wheels of fractal explosions... and your heart beat as you ascend and descend... they do have something to them.

Start with whatever you like. Whatever your first real trip will be, it's going to be nothing like you've ever experienced, whether it's mushrooms, lsd or dmt. They are all special. Every experience you have can help you with the next one - one of the best things to remember is: you will come down. It will pass, no matter how bad (and unfortunately no matter how awesome) the experience is. It ends and you are left awed, shaken, relieved, glowing, exhausted or some combination of those...

I wish you the best of luck.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

obliguhl
#11 Posted : 10/14/2011 9:52:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good choice.
I agree that it's a better introduction than mushrooms. It shows you what it's basically about in a short amount of time. The "problem" with longer lasting psychedelics is, that you can't start low as an a introduction to psychs because it gives the wrong idea. If you really want to know, you need to get a "full dose".

I still would be careful though. Especially with the GVG, as many have reported that vaporiziation is much more efficient. Many recommend to start with 20-30mg, but these recommendations are often based on other smoking techniques such as the machine, leaf bed method etc.

Honestly, I'd start low. 10mg. If this catches your interest, you can still double it 10 minutes later. So it's more like a session with many experiences in one day..this does not give you enough time to form a false impression. A low mushroom dose can do that, because if the ego is still dominanting, it's different. Helpful? Sure, but different.

powercorruption
#12 Posted : 10/14/2011 9:32:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well now I'm having second thoughts on my dosage level. I was set on 35mg, but since everyone is stating how effective the GVG is I'll at least limit it down to 20mg. Thank you all for your words of encouragement and experience, I'd appreciate others' wisdom as well to help prepare Smile

tele
#13 Posted : 10/14/2011 10:30:26 PM
Explorer

powercorruption wrote:
Well now I'm having second thoughts on my dosage level. I was set on 35mg, but since everyone is stating how effective the GVG is I'll at least limit it down to 20mg. Thank you all for your words of encouragement and experience, I'd appreciate others' wisdom as well to help prepare Smile

I and obliguhl can recommend starting from 10mg, therefore if you start at that I'm sure you won't regret it. As even 20mg can be more than one can want for first psychedelic introduction

powercorruption
#14 Posted : 10/14/2011 10:34:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:
powercorruption wrote:

I and obliguhl can recommend starting from 10mg, therefore if you start at that I'm sure you won't regret it. As even 20mg can be more than one can want for first psychedelic introduction

Thanks tele. I should probably take your advice, seeing as you guys have the expertise. I really wanted to breakthrough and have a cosmic experience on my first effort, but I have the rest of my life to build up to that. I hope to share my experience in the very near future.

tele
#15 Posted : 10/14/2011 10:39:36 PM
Explorer

powercorruption wrote:
tele wrote:
powercorruption wrote:

Thanks tele. I should probably take your advice, seeing as you guys have the expertise. I really wanted to breakthrough and have a cosmic experience on my first effort, but I have the rest of my life to build up to that. I hope to share my experience in the very near future.

You can blast off with 3-5mg increased dosage each 30 minutes or one hour, there's no tolerance issue. Take your time and make sure your technique and spice are good.

z0mbie
#16 Posted : 10/15/2011 2:59:25 AM

Buy the ticket, take the ride

powercorruption wrote:
tele wrote:
powercorruption wrote:

Even if you don't breakthrough I can pretty much guarantee your experience will still be nothing short of cosmic. Also, if you do not breakthrough in one hit, I would be somewhat surprised if you even took a second hit just because things will already seem so different after the first Razz Happy travels though and don't forget that holding your hits in is key! Can't wait to hear you report back to us once you have an experience Smile
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. The others--the living--are those who pushed their control as far as they felt they could handle it, and then pulled back, or slowed down, or did whatever they had to when it came time to choose between now and later - HST

Unfold
#17 Posted : 10/15/2011 3:07:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Your imagination truly is a wonderful thing. Be prepared to witness its full potential Smile

tele
#18 Posted : 10/15/2011 10:09:07 AM
Explorer

z0mbie wrote:

Even if you don't breakthrough I can pretty much guarantee your experience will still be nothing short of cosmic. Also, if you do not breakthrough in one hit, I would be somewhat surprised if you even took a second hit just because things will already seem so different after the first Razz Happy travels though and don't forget that holding your hits in is key! Can't wait to hear you report back to us once you have an experience Smile

As mentioned before, it's just as important to keep proper vaporization temperature, otherwise the vapor can get harsh. Also inhaling slowly is important. As with GVG it's possible to take the full dose in one hit.

Oneiros
#19 Posted : 10/15/2011 6:54:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:
You can blast off with 3-5mg increased dosage each 30 minutes or one hour, there's no tolerance issue. Take your time and make sure your technique and spice are good.

This is true. I actually found out last night that smoking a second dose 30 minutes later can even have an additive effect. I had a successful breakthrough with 25mg, and after I came back to reality, I decided to load a smaller dose of around 12-15mg and attempt to keep my eyes open for the journey. I was surprised by how effective the smaller dose was and actually ended up having another breakthrough off of that smaller amount - it didn't really matter if I had my eyes open or not Laughing.

obliguhl
#20 Posted : 10/15/2011 7:29:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Even if you don't breakthrough I can pretty much guarantee your experience will still be nothing short of cosmic.

Oh yes. A subbreakthrough experience can be so powerful, that some people mistake it for the "real deal". You'll be somewere else, destroyed by fractal patterns in rooms foreign and familiar at the same time. Perhaps speaking with invisible forces, hearing strange sounds. You might come back saying thanksfor your experience, being grateful for having experienced it...so unbelievably grateful...this can happen on a mid-range dose.

A lower dose more or less poses the question for you: Take the red or the blue pill?

I would not try to be a superhero the first time just because you think it feels glamerous to have a big breakthrough the first time. Not judging you, i can totally understand it!!! You wanna go in with a bang...but let me tell you something: Everytime you smoke DMT respectfully, you are going in with a bang, no matter what dosage!

The molecule goes beyond dosage...

12NEXT