We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Preparations to make insufflated DMT more tolerable Options

Ice House
#1 Posted : 10/12/2011 8:43:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I am hoping some of you who know a little more about chemistry chime in here and maybe offer some suggestions to this idea I have had for a while now.

I'm sorry if this sounds stupid.

I was wondering if there was some sort of buffering agent or cut that could be mixed into FB DMT that would be resonably safe and would lower the PH so that snorting would be a more reasonable method of administration.

I have found that 80mg is my ideal insnuffilated dose. It is a small ammount of powder when compared to the lines of other substances I have snorted in the past. I was thinking maye there was some PH down cut you could add that would lower the ph without endangering my health and would allow me to snort DMT more often.

Is there a weak acid you could dissolve FB in and then evap it leaving behind a more PH neutral powder?

I have found the come up and entry into hyperspace snorting spice to be absolute perfection. It is IME the best method of administratiion. I also find the duration to be perfect also.

I currently snort spice only once or twice a month because I am worried about damaging my nasal passages.

any ideas?
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 10/13/2011 12:35:10 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Ice house, the only acid you could successfully use to make a snortable dmt powder is fumaric acid, which would give you dmt fumarate powder.This is the only known acid that gives solid dmt salts instead of a useless goo. But since dmt fumarate is not pleasant to snort either it , the only advantage is the alleviation of the potentially damaging alkalinity of the freebase.

Maybe the freebase powder can be cut with some herb; the acids from the plant material no doubt will neutralise part of the freebase and if a herb with analgesic/healing properties is used it may turn beneficial for the nasal mucosa. Just st john's wort comes to mind now as it already has a traditional use for healing lesions and cuts when applied locally. Even though SWIM hasn't tried it himself, he'd mix 1:1 herb to freebase, then he'd moisten it and let it dry before it's ready for insufflation.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

joedirt
#3 Posted : 10/13/2011 1:05:54 AM

Not I

What about using sodium bicarb to buffer it?

Try 80mgs spice and 40mgs sodium bicarb and see if it knocks the pain down a bit.

I haven't researched this, but sodium bicarb is only mildly alkaline and will certainly lower the overall pH of freebase spice.

Do your own due diligence.

Peace.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Ice House
#4 Posted : 10/13/2011 5:15:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I thought about using some cocaine to buffer it and numb things a bit. I'm not sure however, how that would interfere with the voyage. It might piss off the entities!

I'm not talking about allot.

Just a little dab to do ya.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

rOm
#5 Posted : 10/13/2011 10:07:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My idea was to take a bit of nu-nu (a snuff mix of mapacho - nicotiana rustica and theobroma bicolor) before to alleviate the pain and mixed with the tryptamines crystals.
I didn't tried yet, I initially though to do it with 5MeO-DMT HCL, I also have N,N-DMT fumarate. I dunno if I'll do it as I like to do it orally now.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

christian
#6 Posted : 10/13/2011 11:42:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You try lidocaine for numbing your nasal cavities. It should have little effects, and therefore be a safer option.
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

endlessness
#7 Posted : 10/13/2011 12:42:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some local anaesthetic in theory should definitely help out with what you feel physically (If so, better a non-psychoactive one as christian suggested. Dont go for coke) but this wont really solve the original issue brought by IHS regarding possible damage to nasal cavities. Now, it might be that a certain amount/regularity of insuflated dmt will result in nasal cavity damage. It might be that it doesnt, or that only a very large amount/regularity will do so. Before we know more about it, I would not increase dosage/regularity if one starts masking the painful effects with an anaesthetic. At least try to pay good attention to after effects and any possible persistant discomfort after anaesthetic wears off.

I would like to know from our resident doctors and experts (callosum maybe?) what is it about certain drugs/usage that will cause damage. Is it their alkalinity? Is it simply the fact that one insuflates anything that over time ? Is it dependant on molecular structure?

Indigenous people use snuff all the time, containing different kinds of tryptamines, including DMT. Often these would be freebased, but its also possible that the whole mixture of other plant elements may protect the body ? Or maybe the indigenous nasal cavities are also damaged and they just werent studied yet?

Another option i was thinking, what about a solution through the nose, sort of like the singado/mapacho juice used in vegetalismo or indigenous shamanism. Would that possibly be less harmful? I see the potential serious danger of aspirating liquid if its a significant quantity, though which wouldnt be good at all. What about concentrated drops, like acetates or whatever, could one use it like a nose spray, how would that work out? Maybe some people already tried it, amor fati, etc?

Purges
#8 Posted : 10/13/2011 3:21:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

could you dissolve it in a very small amount of orange juice or similar and snort that? Should balance the PH a bit, and may make the drip taste a little better? I would be keen to try snorting, but the pain etc puts me off a little...
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

joedirt
#9 Posted : 10/13/2011 5:03:50 PM

Not I

endlessness wrote:
I would like to know from our resident doctors and experts (callosum maybe?) what is it about certain drugs/usage that will cause damage. Is it their alkalinity? Is it simply the fact that one insuflates anything that over time ? Is it dependant on molecular structure?

Well I'm not callosum and I'm not an MD, but I'd guess it's because caustic compounds can cause actual chemical burns which would then send the bodies heat shock proteins into overload...this resulting in a cascade of event thats would result in the typical inflammation response.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrosive_substance

I'm guessing insuflating compounds is worse because the skin in the mucas membrane in the nasal passage is more sensetive than say the lining of the stomach.

Peace
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

plumsmooth
#10 Posted : 10/15/2011 1:51:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Acorus calamus, also known as Sweet Flag, has been traditionally used by natives of North America for medicinal purposes, as well as a snuff. It was used as an anesthetic for toothache and headaches, and in mild doses was commonly used as a stimulant to combat fatigue. Calamus root has also commonly been chewed, smoked, or used to flavor beverages because of it's aromatic qualities.

Fresh pieces of the root are chewed and dried root is used to prepare medicines and snuff (medicinal as well as ritual). The oil of calamus, as well as its roots (known as rhizome), are both psychoactive.

http://www.entheology.or...viewer.asp?a=261&z=5

Calamus Snuff...

q21q21
#11 Posted : 10/15/2011 5:55:33 AM

SWIM

You know I read somewhere that "anything you can snort, you can plug" and while I know many people are against this.

My experience is plugging nearly a dozen chemicals that are reported to BURN LIKE HELL when snorted with nothing more than a tingling effect that would either stop or be stopped by voiding of the bowels at 10 minutes.

I mean DMT-fumerate diluted in water... would it burn? Would it work?

I'm sure many people are off-put by the idea of it but honestly if it is done correctly it is about 10% less pleasant than wiping your ass. You DONT need an enima either, as much as many people say you do, you don't.

I also know that many people "like the burn", one night as I sat there comfortably with my MDMA plugged and my friend shaking his red face, drinking water to cover the taste and saying "auckkkkkkkk.... bwbwbwbbwbw" quite a few times... then saying he likes the burn... well it is up to the individual but I think plugging is not something to overlook.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

InMotion
#12 Posted : 2/4/2012 4:17:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: 3D programming, Mathematician (if you need help with algebra to differential equations I'm available), SKilled Engineer

I made a post in your other thread about dissolving a freebase salt into a weak acid solution(ascorbic acid was the example). Then inhaling the liquid(sterile) into your nose drop by drop from a pipette. Very little discomfort and the 'electrofunk' drip just washing right down your throat. Felt effective as well. It's less basic as well(being a salt) Smile.

tigerstrike92
#13 Posted : 8/1/2012 6:52:10 PM

Homo-divinorum

What about making a kava kava brew, and using a netti-pot to pour that through your nasal cavaties? Would this help to numb them at all? And what about the same concept with other numbing herbs like:

clove
sage
calamus

?
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

jamie
#14 Posted : 8/1/2012 7:21:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^ some diluted clove oil should do it..but I dunno if that is safe in the nasal cavity or not..
Long live the unwoke.

Pup Tentacle
#15 Posted : 8/1/2012 7:37:27 PM

lettuce

I gave up... it's oral... or maybe plugging for me someday, but the insuflation was like having Metallica from 1989 smashed into in my head and playing at full arena volume while tripping. It does wear off, but 10 minutes of "fire-brain" begged me to find an alternative.

Oh William.... the pain!

Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

SeekerOfTruths
#16 Posted : 8/22/2012 11:14:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I gave this my first shot yesterday. I thought trying 10mg would give me an idea of how bad the burn is. Boy was I wrong... I tried 10mg, and the burn was pretty tolerable, not pleasant, but nothing I couldn't deal with. With this I figured I can probably handle 80mg. I gave myself a few hours to let any tolerance go away. Prepared a nice 75mg freebase line of my whitest re-x'ed spice. And after 10-15 minutes of hesitating, I went for it.

Unfortunately I didn't quite get all 75mg, probably closer to 50-60mg. This time the burn, was far from minor, I was pretty sure I had shoved a lighter up my nose and turned it on. The burn was intense, all I could think was how am I going to deal with this when the spice kicks in. I couldn't stop pacing back and forth trying to deal with the cayenne pepper that was seemingly rammed up my nostril. At some point the burn started dripping down the back of my throat, luckily I had some OJ in the fridge and a sitter that was willing to go get me a glass. And that glass of OJ was like heaven on the throat, the burn at least stopped in my throat. I sat down and tried focusing on the minor threshold visuals I was getting, floating through this very dim wire-framed pyramid world, no contact with entities, no loss of reality (and boy did I wish to be disconnected from my nose).

In short,
50-60mg insufflated freebase DMT:
Visuals: Minor
Body: Pleasant Euphoric Buzz
Nose: Extremely Intense Burning

I'm actually curious to try this again, next time i'll be sure I get all of at least 80mg. And maybe use a little numbing agent to deal with the intense burning. For now though, my nose needs a few day break.

mew
#17 Posted : 8/23/2012 2:53:05 AM

huachumancer

i could be wrong but, dmt fumarate seems the best form of dmt to insufflate. considering it is an acid not alkaline and that it is still a powder. ive tried it in doses of about 30 mg but no more, it is still painful and i dont appreciate having clogged nostrils at all, im very much partial to breathing unencumbered.

perhaps sublingual harmalas before insufflating dmt fumarate would reduce the amount needed for insufflation while increasing the effects. theres no way im going to snort anything remotely basic, ever.

one time i didnt wash my harmalas before smoking and boy the excess base ruined my lungs for a week, constant wheezing, not to mention i was 3 tokes into hyperspace when i felt the burn failing to subside

jamie
#18 Posted : 8/23/2012 3:33:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^ you must have actaully inhaled the base(which would burn like hell), cus it is not gunna actaully smoke when you light it. The DMT will vape and any base that was left in there will stay in the pipe..unless you have a really small pipe and end up inhaling some base powder..a water bong or bubbler makes this impossible.
Long live the unwoke.

mew
#19 Posted : 8/23/2012 5:58:29 AM

huachumancer

i smoked out of a bubbler but sucked so hard that alot of the smoke remained unfiltered im sure, i feel better about it however after my panic of wheezing and painful throat/lungs i deduced i mustve smoked/inhaled some base or something

SmoovPnCali
#20 Posted : 10/23/2012 11:06:30 PM

Reality is a matter of perspective...

I.H.

I am thinking about making some DMT Salt myself. It has been a couple of months since the last post. I wanted to check to see what ever happened with this situation. What did you end up doing to make it more tolorable?

Also, for anyone with some experience with DMT Salt, just a couple of questions. First, how does it vap? Second, what's the best way to store it? I would be interested in insullflating as well if it isn't too painful...Crying or very sad

12NEXT