We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
mushrooms banned in holland Options

polytrip
#1 Posted : 11/17/2008 10:28:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
They're gonna ban the magic mushroom in holland. within 13 days they will no longer be sold in smartshops. Crying or very sad

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ohayoco
#2 Posted : 11/17/2008 10:37:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Amsterdam won't be the same without mushrooms, my foaf had his first mouthful there. They've given up on freedom Sad

So they think it's worse to eat mushrooms than have sex with animals?
(I presume bestiality will still be legal)
(No judgement if that's what any SWIMSs like, as long as it's consensual!)
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

- mattress -
#3 Posted : 11/17/2008 11:09:04 PM

Mathew

That sucks. I reckon within our life-time we will see almost all legal psychoactive substances become illegal due to narrow minded, ignorant people. Such as Dr. Phil

Guess you'll just have to find another source of getting them. They're illegal here in Australia, but luckily there are heaps that grow in the mountains (about 30mins from me).
Xochipilli

ohayoco
#4 Posted : 11/17/2008 11:17:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

They're illegal in England too, but you can still get them and even pick your own if you're clever. The police cracked down on all the headshops a few years back when they were considered a legal grey area and openly sold... they disappeared overnight. But you can still grow your own with the spore packs (not that I've ever tried). These headshops now sell amanitas, salvia extracts, san pedro and peruvian torch... it makes me sad to see my beloved cactus in those shops, they'll ban it for sure Sad
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

- mattress -
#5 Posted : 11/17/2008 11:44:16 PM

Mathew

We don't really have any stores like that in Sydney. The closest is Happy High Herbs, which sells legal highs. Stuff like Damiana, Wormwood, etc.
Xochipilli

jamie
#6 Posted : 11/18/2008 3:42:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

This really does suck, I had read that the mayor was proposing some law where anyone wanting mushrooms would just have to put in an order or something and wait a few days, to deter young naive tourists from freaking out and such. Geuss that didnt fly thoughSad

Hey Mattress, how do they react to changa over there? would the cops even recognise it?
Long live the unwoke.

'Coatl
#7 Posted : 11/18/2008 4:14:50 AM

Teotzlcoatl

It's all because some american bitch jumped off a building while tripping, One of my best friends hung herself after she got drunk, make alchol illegal!

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

jamie
#8 Posted : 11/18/2008 5:35:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

True, my brother got so damn drunk the other night his g/f had to basically carry him home.. then he proceeded to puke all over the font steps, went delusionally out into the back yard hopped into the hottub, then got out, puked and passed out on the lawn. If his gf hadnt been there to save him he might have died of hypothermia.. yet they continue to fill up our prisons with "marijuana addicts"?? go figure..
Long live the unwoke.

polytrip
#9 Posted : 11/18/2008 3:39:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl wrote:
It's all because some american bitch jumped off a building while tripping, One of my best friends hung herself after she got drunk, make alchol illegal!

It's even worse; it all started when there was an incident where mushrooms wheren't even involved. Some french guy killed his dog in a rather horrible manner, he skinned the animal alive and later sayed this was to set the animals soul free. So the police thought: this guy is a loonie, he must be on shrooms like all the other loonies in this town.
And then a girl, i believe she was french as well, jumped from the roof of a museum. In defence of her i can say that this museums roof is indeed ideal for jumping of from.
Yeah, and sometimes people jump from bridges as well, but in amsterdam bridges aren't tall enough to kill yourself that way. You just get a little wet.

burnt
#10 Posted : 11/18/2008 3:59:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Yea I think it was a french girl that inspired this mess, she was underage too so the mushrooms should have never been sold to her to begin with.

Regardless this is sad news. I blame the EU for it however. All of europe is moving towards some happy medium where they all have similar drug laws. Coffeeshops are probably next on some of the more conservative parts of governments list but I doubt that will ever get banned anytime soon. The Netherlands I think is feeling the pressure from the rest of the EU to comply.

This is another example of where a government thinks it has the right to tell other people what they can and cannot put in their bodies. I am shocked people think that its the governments role to do this especially with plants. If people want to be stupid and take drugs irresponsibly and they get hurt/die its their problem not mine or the rest of societies.

I was speaking to some friends recently about drug legalization (because of this whole mushroom thing and medical marijuana issues) and I was surprised to find even among people who use drugs that they think the government has the right to tell people what to do. Don't forget democracy is tyranny of the majority true freedom lies in a system of government that protects peoples right over all else and next democracy is needed to vote in sensible laws but those laws should never interfere with individual liberty. I don't think anyone gets that concept anymore!

ohayoco
#11 Posted : 11/18/2008 8:54:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
Yea I think it was a french girl that inspired this mess, she was underage too so the mushrooms should have never been sold to her to begin with.

Regardless this is sad news. I blame the EU for it however. All of europe is moving towards some happy medium where they all have similar drug laws. Coffeeshops are probably next on some of the more conservative parts of governments list but I doubt that will ever get banned anytime soon. The Netherlands I think is feeling the pressure from the rest of the EU to comply.

This is another example of where a government thinks it has the right to tell other people what they can and cannot put in their bodies. I am shocked people think that its the governments role to do this especially with plants. If people want to be stupid and take drugs irresponsibly and they get hurt/die its their problem not mine or the rest of societies.

I was speaking to some friends recently about drug legalization (because of this whole mushroom thing and medical marijuana issues) and I was surprised to find even among people who use drugs that they think the government has the right to tell people what to do. Don't forget democracy is tyranny of the majority true freedom lies in a system of government that protects peoples right over all else and next democracy is needed to vote in sensible laws but those laws should never interfere with individual liberty. I don't think anyone gets that concept anymore!

I completely agree. Law should start with protecting the freedom of the individual, and work outwards from there. The confines of your own skin should be recognised as a sovereign state.

burnt
#12 Posted : 11/19/2008 11:27:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

^^Yea the sad part is the average person doesn't see things like that. If you look at the news or talk to normal people they don't see things like that. We see more and more laws creeping up that are not here to protect your rights but to make other people 'feel safe'. If drugs were legal people I have spoken too think society will decay and everyone will be high all the time. Which is not true at all.

'Coatl
#13 Posted : 11/19/2008 4:40:20 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I certainly wouldn't change a damn thing if the laws change, except that I'd have cannabis plant all over my house.

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

tryptographer
#14 Posted : 11/19/2008 8:35:58 PM

tryptamine photographer

A huge step backwards... back to the Inquisition if these idiots in the government got what they wanted.

It's a good thing the mushrooms are so easy to cultivate and abundant in nature! The really dedicated will never be deprived of them.

ohayoco
#15 Posted : 11/19/2008 8:44:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
^^Yea the sad part is the average person doesn't see things like that. If you look at the news or talk to normal people they don't see things like that. We see more and more laws creeping up that are not here to protect your rights but to make other people 'feel safe'. If drugs were legal people I have spoken too think society will decay and everyone will be high all the time. Which is not true at all.

I really find the general public mind-boggling. They can seem so incapable of empathising with a perspective other than their own, even the ones that don't necessarily follow the conventional wisdom still seem to think that what is right for them is right for everyone else. They all need a good iboga session to teach them some empathy! Pleased Or mescaline or aya if you want to be gentle.

One day they'll all be legal again. Either that, or we'll all have been vaccinated such that nothing has any effect whatsoever, and people will be dropping dead from boredom in the streets. Going out will be like a teetotaler's birthday party.

ohayoco
#16 Posted : 11/27/2008 2:33:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

http://uk.news.yahoo.com...s-seek-co-96993ab_1.html

The mushie vendors are uniting to try to get a court order against the ban!

lorax
#17 Posted : 11/27/2008 2:58:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

who cares.. they grow everywhere. mycelium is about the last thing to be dead on this planet. the mushroom just has too many friends for them to be extinguished. and as long as they dont make spores illegal all will be good.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

polytrip
#18 Posted : 11/28/2008 5:02:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The mushie vendors have lost their case.

'Coatl
#19 Posted : 11/28/2008 6:46:48 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Fuck governments. Thats all I got to say...

This is just like racism or sexism... people will look back and say "Man... we were really fucking stupid, were'nt we?"

DMTripper
#20 Posted : 11/29/2008 1:13:26 AM

John Murdoch IV

I don't see a problem here. Mushrooms grow easily and if you want some then go hunt for some or grow your own. If you're too lazy to do that then stay out!
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

12NEXT