We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Rue, capped vs brewed? Options

SHroomtroll
#1 Posted : 10/11/2011 7:17:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it a big difference in nausea/stomach discomfort if i would to cap rue and actually eat the seeds vs brewing them?

I won´t be drinking dmt with it only to potentiate my liberty caps, last week i took about 2,5grams worth of rue seeds with 30 liberty caps(small dose)

And it was very nice, def doubled the psilosibin effect while giving it it´s own touch.

My problem is the taste of rue tea makes it hard to finish it, i have no real problem with nausea and hope it doesnt get worse if i would to eat the seeds as they are.

Also should i grind them first if i cap them? i never grind them if i brew.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

۩
#2 Posted : 10/11/2011 8:37:48 AM

Some people find no problem with eating a capsule of rue. It's really a personal preference. At the same time, think about how hard those damn seeds are. Personally I can't stand it. Experiment, but also be cautious of your wellness at the same time. Definitely grind them!! Gnaw on a piece of ginger and puff some cannabis while you're at it!

SHroomtroll
#3 Posted : 10/11/2011 8:47:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well i´m on a break from cb so that won´t be an option, but i will try to grind half a gram of seeds and cap it.

I will see how it affects me before trying a bigger dose.

Purges
#4 Posted : 10/11/2011 9:54:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You could always reduce the tea into a one gulp sized shot?
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

۩
#5 Posted : 10/11/2011 9:57:04 AM

Purges wrote:

Have you ever had rue tea?

It's mummy vomit.

SHroomtroll
#6 Posted : 10/11/2011 10:43:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah that would probably make me puke instantly, i really need to drink it slow in small zips to have a chance.

But once it´s down i have almost no problems with nausea, that is why i wondered how bad the seeds were if eaten.

Purges
#7 Posted : 10/11/2011 11:50:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
Purges wrote:

It's mummy vomit.

No. Sounds delicious though Laughing
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

PsilocybeChild
#8 Posted : 10/12/2011 4:13:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've always been under the impression that there's toxins in rue compared to caapi. is this right? I would use rue all the time if I didn't think it had some toxins. I'm not good with chemistry for extractions. But I have drunk rue tea before with mushrooms and very much enjoyed it with low dose shrooms. I don't remember the taste being all that bad either. if there are toxins would tea help leave them behind?
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

byallmeansart
#9 Posted : 10/12/2011 4:36:02 AM

EET MOAR PHARMA~*

۩ wrote:
Purges wrote:

It's mummy vomit.

It really is absolutely horrible, but I find the "shot" method is much easier to handle. Hold your breath, swallow it down, and immediately rinse your mouth out with another liquid and you barely taste it... at... all. Well, you still kind of taste it, but it makes it more manageable for me.

Sometimes I just keep boiling until I'm left with a tar, and I'll cap that.
I am seriously making all of this stuff up. No, really.

tigerstrike92
#10 Posted : 10/12/2011 4:11:06 PM

Homo-divinorum

Yeah rue tea tastes nightmarish. I have capped 4 grams and taken that, and it wasn't too bad.

Though, one of the easiest rue experiences I have had was grinding up 3g in a coffee grinder, and just mixing the power in with some apple sauce. Had kind of a gritty texture, but not bad at all.
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

TimePantry
#11 Posted : 10/12/2011 7:50:33 PM

It's a field.

I have been grinding the seeds in my blender, and then capping the powder which I shake out with a sieve. (it doesn't all grind.) I have taken two, three, and four caps at different times. Two and three are fine, but four eventually makes me throw up, usually hours later.

Sometimes I will mix the powder into strong coffee with cream. It really does make the taste easier to stand. I swear, just the smell of the seeds makes me nauseous now.

I am curious, someone mentioned toxins in rue; is this true? Because I have noticed it can make me feel pretty crappy later.
"What's wrong with that generation? ... Is this what comes of putting on Pink Floyd laser lightshows down at the Planetarium?" --Spider Robinson

BecometheOther
#12 Posted : 10/12/2011 9:56:58 PM

metamorhpasizer

Rue tea not only tastes bad, but for me, it barely works, at least at the dosage i am used to when capping it.
3.5-4 grams rue capped, is enought to give good psychoactive effects on its own, and is plenty to make dmt orally active. however, even 4-5 grams in a tea, leads to a very weak experience for me, not even close to the same.
So i recommend capping the rue, grinding it up into a fine powder and capsulating it. Rue tea is nowhere near as effective in my experience.
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

purple_dye
#13 Posted : 11/2/2011 1:59:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How long does it usually take to kick in when you cap it?

Im in the same boat as you Harmalosa. I have trouble getting effects from seemingly large doses of rue tea. I guess maybe i need to up the dose?
PS

This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing

tigerstrike92
#14 Posted : 11/4/2011 8:08:53 PM

Homo-divinorum

When capped, at least for me, its anywhere between 15 and 30 minutes. Never has taken any more than half an hour to be fully entranced by the harmalas. Most of the time, it is fairly obvious the rue is starting to kick in at the 15 minute mark.
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

bindu
#15 Posted : 11/4/2011 10:43:12 PM

le plant horrible

it does not taste very yummy as a tea but after one experience i had with 20h nausea from 3g of capped powdered rue id rather drink a tea or take an extract.
It is an excellent healer plant and its been used traditionally in iran and other countries for healing and ritual cleansing for a very long time. Therefore id say the safety profile is somehow established, if i remember right, i might not, they take up to 10 grams for healing tea there.
blessed be all forms of intelligence

Tona
#16 Posted : 11/8/2011 8:52:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rue is indeed very strange plant. One thing I hate is that it wont let me purge easily. I always had to help it with sticking my fingers in throat. I am really done with unfiltered teas. I dont like the nausea, I cant let myself go, when my stomach is twisting. Check this thread if you are interested in removing tannins from your brew: https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=5662 :-)