We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hey all, my introduction Options

meatsim
#1 Posted : 10/10/2011 3:20:31 PM

Shaman

Hi!
First of all, thank you all for making the nexus such a great source of information and support! I've been reading the forums and wiki for a few months, but decided to create an account just now Smile

So my introduction to DMT was in the movie Enter the Void some while back, I didn't really care much about it at the time; however, when I got a chance to get a hold of some spice this summer I seized the opportunity to try it out.

The first experience was when doing pharmahuasca together with some friends about two months ago. I didn't really know what to expect, but I'm a very open-minded person so I pretty much dove into it. The experience profoundly changed my life. No words will justify what I learned from the medicine, but I know ineffability is the rule for DMT experiences.

I was shown so much about the cycle of life for humans, animals and nature. It made me understand what really matters, and made me realize that I had been living as a 10% human being up until that date. It was nothing short of being given the red pill by morpheus from the matrix. I was reminded about my love for the people around me, and the importance of enjoying every moment, and not always looking ahead for something better when I have all I need right in this moment. My mind was reset to the state it was in when I was a child: curious, loving, happy and free from the modern society materalism.

Throughout the experience, my subconsciousness took the form of a guide that showed me around in my past. I was shown very specific episodes from my past that I couldn't make out the meaning of, since I couldn't recall any of it happening. One was set in my first home and pictured my mother lying bleeding in the shower with my younger sister and I in the room screaming. Another image was of my mom, sister and I with my mom holding a third baby (which is weird as I have only one sibling as far as I knew at the time). For some reason I got the feeling that this third kid had died.

A week or so later, I smoked DMT. I visited somewhere very strange and was met by strange blue beings. One of them was in a hurry and gesticulated to me to make me follow it, as if it had something very important to show me. It showed me a crib with three identical babies: two normal looking, and the third one absolute black (as if it was dead or ruined).

These were very deep experiences, but it didn't get any less overwhelming when I confronted my mother with a few well thought-out questions and it turned out that she had an abortion many years ago that I never knew about, but somehow I obviously felt connected to this unborn child that was supposed to be my brother or sister. She also informed me that my dad had hit her on one occasion, making her land in the shower and pass out. This happened when I was about 12 months old (!), she told me.

I've also decided to pursue a different career as a result of these experiences.

I'm still unable to comprehend how all this information suddenly came to me, but am amazed and forever happy for the value I have gotten out of this simple compound. Many mental barriers I used to have are now gone. I've told most of my grown up friends and family about the experience, since I'd like for everyone to have such an experience themself.

The fact that this medicine is illegal makes me so sad, but I hope there's a possibility of public awareness and acknowledgement in the foreseeable future.

Love,
meatsim

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Oneiros
#2 Posted : 10/10/2011 9:29:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very intriguing story there meatsim! Thanks for sharing. Having symbolic visions such as yours that end up representing a truth in the real world really makes you wonder about the fabric of our reality sometimes. You begin to wonder if this was something you knew about, or heard about when you were much younger and have since forgotten. Or possibly the vision itself manifested itself into a part of reality, how could you prove for example that your mother had the abortion before you had a vision about it? Or is the vision really simply random firing of neurons that grabbed your attention to such a degree that you linked the vision to something tangible in reality. Kind of like how people begin seeing the number 23 everywhere only after they learn the legend of it.

meatsim wrote:
So my introduction to DMT was in the movie Enter the Void some while back

This was the movie that first actually got me really interested in DMT as well. I had read one trip report on it, and it sort of peaked my interest. Then when I watched the movie and was able to tell exactly what drug he was taking based only on the one report I had read and the visuals that were represented, I became a lot more curious about the molecule - like it was calling out to me.

meatsim wrote:
It was nothing short of being given the red pill by morpheus from the matrix.

I sometimes wonder if they may have actually been symbolizing DMT (or other psychedelics) with the red pill in the movie. It really makes sense if you think about it, how DMT wakes many people up to the reality that corporations of today are using humans as a resource to power their own businesses and further feed their greed. Not to mention, issues of the comic series The Invisibles were always found on set during the filming of the Matrix, and if you've ever read the series, you know about it's ties to psychedelics. Then there's the mention of mescaline right after Neo gets told to follow the white rabbit. I think I might need to watch this movie again, Laughing. I remember when it first came out, I was around 17 years old, and my first viewing of it really opened up my eyes to the world, even though I really had no clue about it's deeper inferences and symbolism back then.

meatsim wrote:
I've also decided to pursue a different career as a result of these experiences.

What career if you don't mind me asking. I'm mainly curious because the same thing happened to me based on psychedelic experiences. I went from being in the US Navy, working on weapon control computers on a ship, to getting out of the military and pursuing a psychology degree, even though I'm in my 30s now.

Thanks for your story, glad to have you aboard. I look forward to what type of insight you can help bring to the community!

PLUR

Pandora
#3 Posted : 10/10/2011 9:35:08 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hi meatsim,

Welcome to official membership at the Nexus. Very happy. I loved reading your well thought out introduction and was pleased to see you've already looked around, checked the wiki, etc.

I look forward to seeing you around here and learning more. You experiences sound amazing and deep.

Peace & Love
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

meatsim
#4 Posted : 10/11/2011 12:04:27 PM

Shaman

Oneiros wrote:
Very intriguing story there meatsim! Thanks for sharing. Having symbolic visions such as yours that end up representing a truth in the real world really makes you wonder about the fabric of our reality sometimes. You begin to wonder if this was something you knew about, or heard about when you were much younger and have since forgotten. Or possibly the vision itself manifested itself into a part of reality, how could you prove for example that your mother had the abortion before you had a vision about it? Or is the vision really simply random firing of neurons that grabbed your attention to such a degree that you linked the vision to something tangible in reality. Kind of like how people begin seeing the number 23 everywhere only after they learn the legend of it.

Yes, I was stunned. I have no answer about the whole abortion thing, but the violent episode I indeed witnessed, so for that I'm left highly impressed about the ability of the subconscious mind to bury episodes, even at this young age. In the book "LSD - Doorway to the Numinous", Dr. Stan Grof describes COEX Systems, or systems of condensed experiences, which, in his studies, were treated with LSD therapy, often uncovering buried memories as far back in a patient's life as birth. Really intriguing.

Oneiros wrote:

I sometimes wonder if they may have actually been symbolizing DMT (or other psychedelics) with the red pill in the movie. It really makes sense if you think about it, how DMT wakes many people up to the reality that corporations of today are using humans as a resource to power their own businesses and further feed their greed. Not to mention, issues of the comic series The Invisibles were always found on set during the filming of the Matrix, and if you've ever read the series, you know about it's ties to psychedelics. Then there's the mention of mescaline right after Neo gets told to follow the white rabbit. I think I might need to watch this movie again, Laughing. I remember when it first came out, I was around 17 years old, and my first viewing of it really opened up my eyes to the world, even though I really had no clue about it's deeper inferences and symbolism back then.

I haven't read The Invisibles, only seen The Matrix. Last time I saw the movie I noticed the references to psychedelics (the mescaline).. It's a great movie, really (on many levels).

Oneiros wrote:

What career if you don't mind me asking. I'm mainly curious because the same thing happened to me based on psychedelic experiences. I went from being in the US Navy, working on weapon control computers on a ship, to getting out of the military and pursuing a psychology degree, even though I'm in my 30s now.

So happy to hear that you had such an experience as well!
I'm almost done with a degree in computer science, but I have a very strong calling towards going to medical school thereafter Smile

Oneiros wrote:
Thanks for your story, glad to have you aboard. I look forward to what type of insight you can help bring to the community!

PLUR

Thank you!

Pandora wrote:
Hi meatsim,

Welcome to official membership at the Nexus. . I loved reading your well thought out introduction and was pleased to see you've already looked around, checked the wiki, etc.

I look forward to seeing you around here and learning more. You experiences sound amazing and deep.

Peace & Love

Thanks a lot! Very happy to be here Smile

Enoon
#5 Posted : 10/11/2011 1:15:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

welcome to the nexus meatsim!

very nice introduction; glad to have you with us. It's truly interesting and amazing how dmt can open our eyes, can teach, can open our souls to the underlying realities that we barely skim the surfaces of. I find it very interesting that you wish to change your career due to psychedelic experiences.

In a way I am in the same boat, though it was a seeries of rather bad trips and some unlucky events in my life this year that lead me to understand that my life is unsupportable the way it is and have to change careers. Though I am still not certain as to what it will finally crystalize into. After spending too many years in academia and science I know that it's not another course at the university.

The universe has plans for us. I suppose we just need to learn to speak its language and then we can listen to it... I was told it is speaking to us all the time.

May you find your path and walk it in the full brilliance of your being.
cheers
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Awakened
#6 Posted : 10/11/2011 2:07:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome meatsim! A great introduciton and one that I can relate too. I am sure that you will find the Nexus as welcoming and helpful as I have done. I look forward to hearing about your trips and life changes in future posts.
I like to make things up, everything above is made up and not real, it is a story for my own amusement. Sorry if you felt mislead.

I normally have to edit my posts within a couple of minutes for prose, spelling and grammar. Just to let you know.

Oneiros
#7 Posted : 10/11/2011 5:50:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

meatsim wrote:
Yes, I was stunned. I have no answer about the whole abortion thing, but the violent episode I indeed witnessed, so for that I'm left highly impressed about the ability of the subconscious mind to bury episodes, even at this young age. In the book "LSD - Doorway to the Numinous", Dr. Stan Grof describes COEX Systems, or systems of condensed experiences, which, in his studies, were treated with LSD therapy, often uncovering buried memories as far back in a patient's life as birth. Really intriguing.

Extremely intriguing. I've yet to experience this myself, but many people speak of being guided through childhood memories while on psychedelics, even to the extent of smelling things from their past.

meatsim wrote:
I'm almost done with a degree in computer science, but I have a very strong calling towards going to medical school thereafter

I had to laugh out loud at this sychronicity. Back in my first attempt to go to college, I was pursuing a degree in computer science! Not to mention that in high school, I was in a health careers club and seriously contemplated becoming an anesthesiologist.

meatsim
#8 Posted : 10/13/2011 9:00:02 PM

Shaman

Thank you all so much for the warm welcomes Smile Highly appreciated