We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Very strange experience Options

joedirt
#1 Posted : 10/9/2011 1:21:32 PM

Not I

So last night I smoked a couple of bowls of pot with caapi extracted haramals.

The first bowl I smoked 25mgs. Then 10 minutes later I smoked another 25 mgs.

About 20-30 minutes later I literally fell asleep with my eye OPEN. I had full on sleep paralysis and couldn't move or speak. It was the strangest thing in the world. No visuals are anything like that. I could still hear the tv and see it change in real time. Only I couldn't move. My body had fallen asleep and all motor control was lost. This entire experience lasted no more than probably 5-10 seconds.

Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? I tried and tried for the rest of the night to meditate myself back into such a state....of course I could not reproduce it.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

tele
#2 Posted : 10/9/2011 3:55:30 PM
Explorer

Whoa that's crazy stuff. I would be freaked out by that if it would have lasted longer, and it takes alot to freak me out.

joedirt
#3 Posted : 10/9/2011 3:59:32 PM

Not I

Yeah man it caught me off guard for sure. I fall asleep consciously probably 6 times a year and wake up while still stuck with sleep paralysis about the same so I'm pretty used to the state at this point in my life and I don't freak out any more. When I was younger I thought I was dying and would try to scream and squirm, but alas to no avail. You just have to wait out sleep paralysis...it never lasts long and it's pretty interesting.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Hyperspace Fool
#4 Posted : 10/9/2011 4:15:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can go from sleep paralysis into an OOBE if you attempt an exit technique.

You can try to twist out or sit up and out...

Maybe something to attempt next time you find yourself in that position.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

TimePantry
#5 Posted : 10/9/2011 9:02:26 PM

It's a field.

They say that people have a sort of a neural switch that disconnects your motor reflexes from your mind when sleeping, so that you won't have to physically act out your dreams. (we've probably all seen cats and dogs do this a little.)

So sleep paralysis is said to occur when something interferes with the switch. I know that stimulants, caffeine, nicotene, etc. can keep the switch stuck on, resulting in thrashing in your sleep and even sleepwalking. I don't know what makes it stick off though.
"What's wrong with that generation? ... Is this what comes of putting on Pink Floyd laser lightshows down at the Planetarium?" --Spider Robinson

joedirt
#6 Posted : 10/9/2011 9:15:42 PM

Not I

Hyperspace Fool wrote:

No doubt I will try that.

Cheers

jamie
#7 Posted : 10/9/2011 10:38:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I get sleep paralysis about 3-6 times a week on adverage..have my entire life. I got into lucid dreaming as a teenager and astral projection and learned how to leave my body and enter lucid dreams etc through the sleep paralysis state..I cant always do it though sometimes it still freaks me out. I have also had that effect a few times briefly with oral harmalas, but not with my eyes open..althought often in sleep paralysis I will think that my eyes are open and its as if I can see the room through my eyelids..but I realize after they never were open at all. When you take enough harmalas to enter into the visionary level it is very much like entering a dreamstate, maybe due to the NMDA activity of the harmalas..so it makes sense that you might be more prone to having SP while entering that visionary level.
Long live the unwoke.

Rising Spirit
#8 Posted : 10/9/2011 10:55:48 PM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

joedirt wrote:
Hyperspace Fool wrote:

No doubt I will try that.

Cheers

Coincidence, synchronicity or what? Great minds think alike? Hehehe... Laughing

I've been doing a similar process the last few weeks. Although not with any extracted medicine. All plant materials. My method is to partially mimic Don Juan's "Little Smoke" admixture (Don Juan was the Master Sorcerer from the legendary Carlos Castaneda books). Well, at least in spirit and intent there is a connection, as the recipe is quite different in it's content.

Mine is composed of different magikal stuff, but of course. I use a Cappi leaf, Salvia leaf, Calea Zacatechichi and Ganja. A smoking admixture. This naturally boosts my dream-state (if I don't overdo it). I find that if I have at least a few hours of sober clarity, after the pow pow is ritualized and settled... I can better meditate myself into deep sleep and lucid dreaming states. I am considering adding Amanita Muscaria into the mixture. Would this be dangerous with a harmala? And I really don't really want to include any of the Daturas in this mixture. Not really a big fan of deliriants.

I have had similar sleeping paralysis experiences over the last 50+ years. Ever since childhood. They are, however, usually connected directly to highly lucid dream states and/or the space directly in betwixt being sleep and awake. that unique phase in between both worlds. The exceptions are during intense sessions of sitting meditation. Similar in many ways, really... astral projection and everything. On a few occasions, however, I have been there in lucid, sober waking states. That being said.... what is wakefulness and what is the dream?

Besides, entheogenic substances and their after-effects do repeatedly boost us into such states of sleeping paralysis. Shocked

joedirt, Salvia Divinorum 20X extract does to me, EXACTLY what you describe in this thread, although the head-space is radically different, I'm sure. Still, I am paralyzed every time and quite lucid. Frequently, I might add. Part of the process, I figure? As you might expect, my "Little Smoke" admixture also creates this type of feeling, albeit far milder.

I think Hyperspace Fool is totally spot on! When I have surrendered to this inability to move my physical form, I find that my Spirit Body is more able to move freely. Ironic as that seems, I bet lots of Nexians have had the same experience? Even Nitrous Oxide can do this to our human organism.

I remember being at the dentist, around 20 years ago and having a double-root canal. The pain was nearly beyond description! I was injected with Novocaine and also heavily gassed for what seemed an eternity. At one point I could feel my feet touching the ceiling and I stretched myself backwards, did a reverse somersault and pulled out of my physical body. I was up near the ceiling, floating above myself, as the dentist ground and drilled into my face. It was unbelievably lucid!

It was identical to the NDE I had when I was 11 years old. I nearly drowned one summer day. On that occasion there was no ceiling, it was outside at our swimming pool. My Dad was performing CPR on me, as I had nearly drowned at the bottom of the pit. Obviously, I couldn't move my physical frame but I was having a wonderful time hoovering above my prone body, approximately 10-12 feet above myself. I came back to my body when I began to cough-up lungfuls of pool water. It really hurts!!!

Anyway, in both cases... my body was completely paralyzed until I lifted out of my physical shell. LSD-25 granted me a few of these types of experiences and especially vaped DMT seems to facilitate such an inability to move the physical body at will. MDMA also created the proper conditions for OBE the two times I tried it. Once when it was legal and once, shortly after. Amazing experiences bu the come-down was a warning sign for me and I haven't gone back to the well ever since. I digress? Usually... Embarrased

THC can be very psychedelic and I can well imagine how the harmala extract magnified it's potential power towards soul flight and inter-dimensional shifting.

I expect this is no odd occurrence? You crazy kids, what with your Kriya Yoga, entheogens and deep introspection. You will likely find yourself in such an axiom, once again. Please tell us if you are able to use it as an avenue into an OBE or an gateway into The Clear Light of the Void. My meditations have been positively enhanced from my blend. Well, I mediate all of the time, anyway. But the enhanced ones are most intriguing. When such paralysis comes... go with it. What else can one realistically do? Wink

There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.