We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Daytime/Nighttime? Options

The Chr0nn01553ur
#1 Posted : 10/9/2011 10:59:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does daytime or nighttime make a difference for you guys if you are indoors? I'll have to do some more experimenting to be sure, but I feel like nighttime puts an eerie spin on some of my trips, or makes them more prone to eeriness.
Life is art.

Row row row your boat, gently down the stream... Merrily merrily merrily merrily...............

NOTE: 'The Chr0nn01553ur' IS A FICTIONAL ONLINE CHARACTER AT THE DMT-NEXUS.COM FORUMS. THAT MEANS ALL POSTS MADE BY THE CREATORS ARE STRICTLY FICTITIOUS IN NATURE, AND USED SOLELY AS PERSONALITY EXPERIMENTS FOR THEIR OWN AMUSEMENT AND REFINEMENT. ANY RESEMBLANCES TO REAL LIFE ARE PURELY COINCIDENTAL. We also tend to edit our posts 2-3 times within about 5 minutes after posting them.. Just a heads up.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

tele
#2 Posted : 10/9/2011 11:07:20 AM
Explorer

Night time is the best time for me. It's due to the matter that darkness brings out the visions more clearly. As if you don't smoke a big dose, the daytime light can cover some of the closed eye visuals somewhat. Darkness is what's important for me, not the time of the day. Also, in nighttime one can expect less noises from possible neighbours or people outside.

EERINESS? If one isn't ready for that at any time of day with DMT, then it's not for the one who's not ready. It can bring anything at any time of the day, so one should always be prepared for the unexpected, even if it could have evil touch to itWink

Global
#3 Posted : 10/9/2011 3:35:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I haven't noticed a difference with daytime/night time as both can be magical, but having said that, I do seem to prefer significantly more light in my DMT trips than most people (at least that I've read around the Nexus) as light tends to illuminate what I'm seeing better. My body seems to establish some odd physical affinity for the sun on DMT where it can become attracted to sunlight like a magnet, but usually I don't have the sun shining on me so that doesn't come into play. Probably the best time of day to do it would be sunrise/sunset.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Super Radical
#4 Posted : 10/9/2011 6:20:09 PM

Poop Giggle

I like both honestly.
When I plan on a breakthrough dose it's always at night, because it makes the closed eye visuals easier to see. If I'm outside on a nice day and want to see the language of nature unfolding before me, I prefer daylight. There is something really magical about warm sunlight melting into you while a forest dematerializes and then rematerialized into fractals around you.

There are some things.

Caravel
#5 Posted : 10/10/2011 5:14:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i prefer night because things seem to slow down and be a more peaceful
"Oh Dinah. It’s just a rabbit with a waistcoat... and a watch?!"

Felnik
#6 Posted : 10/10/2011 10:19:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I like it in the day , I like to have the option of seeing the
Morphing and changing of natural structures . Silent darkness
Has its own thing going . In the day I can close my eyes and get
There just as well . I,ve come to really enjoy the open eye visuals
in nature during
A beautiful sunny day in diffused forest light .
I understand the eerie thing at night .
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Digi123
#7 Posted : 10/10/2011 10:29:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As I normally smoke at home and I live on a fairly busy street, so far I've preffered night time to smoke due to less noise to interrupt the experience.

Hoping to get out into the country sometime soon, I want to see this -->

Super Radical wrote:
There is something really magical about warm sunlight melting into you while a forest dematerializes and then rematerialized into fractals around you.
Joined at the soul with a pair of headphones

In an ocean of music, we move with the flow

You think that's air you're breathing now?

The Chr0nn01553ur
#8 Posted : 10/10/2011 10:52:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:

EERINESS? If one isn't ready for that at any time of day with DMT, then it's not for the one who's not ready. It can bring anything at any time of the day, so one should always be prepared for the unexpected, even if it could have evil touch to itWink

Yeah I'm learning that. I've read the reports of bad trips people have, but for some reason I felt like I wouldn't be one of those people, due to my past experiences with LSD and mushrooms in which I have always had a wonderful time. Literally no unpleasant feelings ever, or fear, or anxiety, etc, except sometimes caused by the external environment, but not by the trip/drug itself, or my internal landscape (if that makes sense). So I just felt like no matter what happened my experience was going to be good, and positive, and awesome; not uncomfortable, 'weird', or 'eerie' for lack of better words. Why I expected that after reading all the reports? Idk. I guess I just figured most people probably had some psychological issues that I don't, or lacked the faith/beliefs that I have, but I see now that no matter how strong one's mind is, it's not a guarantee against an uncomfortable experience, and I should have known better than to think that I'm any more mentally sound or enlightened than any of the many wonderful and intelligent people who have shared their unpleasant moments here at the Nexus.

And it's not that my trips were even bad, or any of those other undesirable adjectives I used... Just my latest one in which I went the farthest I have gone yet was kind of weird so far, and just not what I was expecting.. Which made me realize that I can't expect anything. This revelation just kind of startled me... Now that I'm getting comfortable with it though, I'll be ready to go back soon. I think I'm going to try tomorrow when me and my buddy take some doses... I've heard they're amazing to combine.

Felnik wrote:

I understand the eerie thing at night .

Indeed.. But I don't really think it was the nighttime at all anymore. I think I was just startled by the deems; though I still think nighttime does put some sort of spin on the trip. I'll have to do a little more experimenting to elaborate.
Life is art.

Row row row your boat, gently down the stream... Merrily merrily merrily merrily...............

NOTE: 'The Chr0nn01553ur' IS A FICTIONAL ONLINE CHARACTER AT THE DMT-NEXUS.COM FORUMS. THAT MEANS ALL POSTS MADE BY THE CREATORS ARE STRICTLY FICTITIOUS IN NATURE, AND USED SOLELY AS PERSONALITY EXPERIMENTS FOR THEIR OWN AMUSEMENT AND REFINEMENT. ANY RESEMBLANCES TO REAL LIFE ARE PURELY COINCIDENTAL. We also tend to edit our posts 2-3 times within about 5 minutes after posting them.. Just a heads up.

Global
#9 Posted : 10/10/2011 3:19:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

The High Life wrote:

I think I'm going to try tomorrow when me and my buddy take some doses... I've heard they're amazing to combine.

They are amazing to combine. Always sounds way scarier than it actually is, and to all my friends that have been on acid with me, when they try the DMT it's always the same awe-filled reactions, and things usually go pretty smoothly. I remember before I smoked DMT I think I was reading Gracie and Zarkov's notes on combining LSD and DMT and they say something like it's better to smoke the DMT before the LSD trip so you can better reflect on the experience, and that if you smoked it during the LSD trip, that things might not be ok because when you come down off the DMT, you're still tripping. It almost scared me away from experimenting for myself, but in my personal experiences, it's best to smoke at the peak or even as you're coming down, it will still have a big synergy, and yeah, when you come down from the DMT, you're still tripping, but no more than you were right before you went up. It's sort of just like interrupting the acid trip for a 5 minute superior trip, and then you're back to wherever you left off from. The only way I could imagine this being unpleasant is if your acid trip were already that unpleasant to begin with. Trust me when I say, you should dive off the diving board from the high dive (smoke at the peak!).
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

DeemsterDiva
#10 Posted : 10/12/2011 1:46:59 AM

The 4th Dimension is my only true home.

I like day time and night time equally. I do think it's especially fun though first thing in the morning when you wake up. Since you are still kinda in a dream state.

jack_in_the_box
#11 Posted : 6/12/2012 5:56:14 AM

jack_in_the_box

this is a website/java application that is incredibly useful for me in this endeavor. i hope you think so too, if you haven't encountered it before!

suncalc.net/
"...Well, I know what the Philosopher's Stone is, the Philosopher's Stone is an off-white smoke-able crystal and it is sitting in the kitchen freezer!"

-paraphrased from Dennis McKenna's account of Terence McKenna's words-

scudge
#12 Posted : 6/12/2012 6:06:27 AM

ab intra

^good share. Enjoy a medium between these two, however I find most trips occur during nightfall to deter unwanted interruptions. Than again with the high enough dosage I'm not able to differentiate oev from cev.
Its in your head

Parshvik Chintan
#13 Posted : 6/12/2012 9:40:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Super Radical wrote:
I like both honestly.
When I plan on a breakthrough dose it's always at night, because it makes the closed eye visuals easier to see. If I'm outside on a nice day and want to see the language of nature unfolding before me, I prefer daylight. There is something really magical about warm sunlight melting into you while a forest dematerializes and then rematerialized into fractals around you.

this.

some times a foggy/rainy day is nice too Smile
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!