We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
DMT while on Tramadol Options

arcanum
#1 Posted : 10/8/2011 8:17:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I sustained a neck injury a couple of weeks ago while skydiving. Been on intermitant tramadol for the pain. I know it has Serotonin and Norepinephrine re-uptake blocking properties as
it's a close chemical relative of Effexor ( Venlafaxine)
My question is:

Would it be inadvisable to take ( vaped) spice while on this drug? Anyone have experience with this?

Feel like tripping again, but am hesitating because of the Tramadol. Any info. most welcome.

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none,- William Shakespeare

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

a1pha
#2 Posted : 10/8/2011 8:26:35 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Wait till you're off the tramadol - it breaks the experience imo. Wait till you have a clear mind before going in. You'll thank yourself later.

PS The tramadol can become addicting (I know). Be careful.

Best wishes,
-a1pha
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Oneiros
#3 Posted : 10/8/2011 8:50:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

a1pha wrote:
PS The tramadol can become addicting (I know). Be careful.

^^This

If you're hesitant at all to take the DMT while on tramadol, it could potentiate a bad experience. Give yourself around 12 hours after taking a dose of tramadol before you vape, that way the active effects of the tramadol should be mainly out of your system.

Al Dimentiz
#4 Posted : 10/8/2011 9:34:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to be hooked to tramadol for almost 3 years. Not many people knows it, but Tramadol can be very addictive and hard to get off it.

I don't think it'll be dangerous to combine with DMT, but just like Oneiros said, wait at least 12hrs. DMT might actually make you relize how bad of a drug Tramadol is Wink

But you must stay away from Harmalas or any MAOIs while on this medication. That can be a deadly combination.

Or better yet, just wait until you are off Tramadol, which depends if you have or not an addictive personality could be anywhere from 6-24 months
"The Medicine Will Always Be There For Those Who Seek It"

arcanum
#5 Posted : 10/8/2011 10:18:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for this, most apreciated. Just to say I'm very cautious with this medication , 2-3 capsules a week max. (horrible withdrawals if I stay on it day after day).

MeatMachine
#6 Posted : 10/8/2011 11:46:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I actually looked into this not long ago because a friend was on Tramadol for kidney problems.
Couldn't find much information regarding DMT+tramadol, but pretty much all the reports of tramadol combined with any drug basically ended the same; don't do it.

A different friend took a vaped hit of DMT while on tramadol and apparently experienced no visuals or hallucinations but was 'completely paralysed'.

I'm not sure what his smoking tech was like or exactly how much was loaded (I'd imagine about 30-40mg) but honestly the huge number of reports about tramadol being unsafe or unpleasant on pretty much all other drugs leads me to believe this was the tip of a rather dangerous iceberg.

a1pha
#7 Posted : 10/9/2011 12:05:43 AM

MeatMachine wrote:
A different friend took a vaped hit of DMT while on tramadol and apparently experienced no visuals or hallucinations but was 'completely paralysed'.

I cannot think of a single pharmaceutical that 'jives' well with DMT - and I've tried 'em all. DMT makes you work extra hard for a clear mind before a full blissful journey is possible. At least for me.

My suggestion / personal ritual:

No meds for 24 hours. No pot. Clean your house/space of any mess. Do it on a day with little on your mind and little going on around you. Wait till the evening. Get your bed ready with some water nearby and the pipe ready to go. Take a hot bath - with epsom salt and maybe some lavender. Try to think of NOTHING while in the bath. Go to your bed and get comfortable - naked - under the sheets.

Blast off.

Ice House
#8 Posted : 10/9/2011 1:02:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

a1pha wrote:
[quote=MeatMachine]

My suggestion / personal ritual:

No meds for 24 hours. No pot. Clean your house/space of any mess. Do it on a day with little on your mind and little going on around you. Wait till the evening. Get your bed ready with some water nearby and the pipe ready to go. Take a hot bath - with epsom salt and maybe some lavender. Try to think of NOTHING while in the bath. Go to your bed and get comfortable - naked - under the sheets.

Blast off.

Some of the best advice I have heard given for pre flight preparation! I would also suggest a smudge or incense as well.

Very nicely stated a1pha.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

a1pha
#9 Posted : 10/9/2011 1:05:21 AM

Ice House wrote:
I would also suggest a smudge or incense as well.

How in the world did I miss that?!

White sage and Palo santo FTW! Very happy

Caravel
#10 Posted : 10/9/2011 7:22:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

arcanum wrote:

Feel like tripping again, but am hesitating because of the Tramadol. Any info. most welcome.

i have a friend who is on i think prozak, tramadol and lythium

anyways he wanted to try dmt one night so i grabbed my stash and loaded a bowl of mint and spice he smoked it nothing happened about 3 tries later we assumed that his medication was blocking the effects

so if your on a brain chemestry drug i would say its not very advisible to take any drug and if you did take it you may get a good dose with no effects

although a long time ago i do remember reading something about 1% of people dont get any effect from psychadelics so he could very well have been a 1% but we generally agree that it was his meds preventing the experience
"Oh Dinah. It’s just a rabbit with a waistcoat... and a watch?!"

Oneiros
#11 Posted : 10/12/2011 4:12:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Caravel wrote:
although a long time ago i do remember reading something about 1% of people dont get any effect from psychadelics so he could very well have been a 1% but we generally agree that it was his meds preventing the experience

Maybe he's a robot? What proof do you have that he's really a conscious being like yourself? Pleased

DeemsterDiva
#12 Posted : 10/13/2011 7:46:41 PM

The 4th Dimension is my only true home.

My biggest concern in that situation would be the nausea. At least for me Tramadol really upsets my stomach. I've never had a nauseous feeling with DMT, but i know that others have (someone puked all over the carpet while we were blasting off last week. Couldn't even make it to the bathroom) and I wouldn't want to risk it.

arcanum
#13 Posted : 10/14/2011 12:37:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sound advice here about Tramadol, it's an effective painkiller but has a sinister side to it that wouldn't combine well with something as noble as DMT.
But one of the most interesting accounts of a DMT breakthrough that I've read was on Erowid, by a rather unethical individual who downed several Xanax before blasting off
on 100mg vaped spice .http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=86874

SpartanII
#14 Posted : 10/14/2011 3:02:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oneiros wrote:
Caravel wrote:

Maybe he's a robot? What proof do you have that he's really a conscious being like yourself? Pleased

HA! Something only a ROBOT would say...

Very happy

Oneiros
#15 Posted : 10/14/2011 4:22:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SpartanII wrote:
Oneiros wrote:
Caravel wrote:

HA! Something only a ROBOT would say...

Very happy

Shocked Ahh crap, I've been found out already! Abort mission!

cjames
#16 Posted : 12/8/2011 9:51:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I took 200mg of tramadol about an hour ago. 10 minutes ago I decided to take a hit of my new changa blend BUT decided to double check on the Nexus first.
So glad I did! Will leave it till tomorrow..
Thanks fellow Nexians Smile

Mel Angel
#17 Posted : 1/6/2015 3:34:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I know this is an old thread but I smoked small amounts of DMT on tramadol(~200mg) with no adverse effects, but I was too afraid to take more than one or two hits at a time. It may of dulled the visuals but it gave an interesting body buzz and some minor CEVs/OEVs. I recently sustained an injury so I've been taking opioids. I also combined DMT with tianeptine (12.5mg) with no ill effects, but again small amounts of DMT, but nothing sinister happened on either of the combos. I don't think I would try breaking through on tramadol but I doubt anything bad would happen. I read that tramadol and LSD don't mix well though.

concombres
#18 Posted : 1/6/2015 4:25:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mel Angel wrote:
I know this is an old thread but I smoked small amounts of DMT on tramadol(~200mg) with no adverse effects, but I was too afraid to take more than one or two hits at a time. It may of dulled the visuals but it gave an interesting body buzz and some minor CEVs/OEVs. I recently sustained an injury so I've been taking opioids. I also combined DMT with tianeptine (12.5mg) with no ill effects, but again small amounts of DMT, but nothing sinister happened on either of the combos. I don't think I would try breaking through on tramadol but I doubt anything bad would happen. I read that tramadol and LSD don't mix well though.

I've smoked on ~400mg tramadol & 1mg alprazolam with no ill effects other than worse than normal amnesia of the experience. Wasteful, but it releived preflight jitters & made the initial comeup from the spice very euphoric.
I remember feeling my coordination slipping & rocking side to side before the last hit the distance between my head & the bong seemed extremely stretched. After that i remember looking at myself lying on a metal table but could still feel how cold the table was. Then it just goes blank.

DeltaSpice
#19 Posted : 1/6/2015 6:48:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Personally for me Tramadol and Changa is an excellent combo.
It gave me photo realistic visions.
Happy days.

DreaMTripper
#20 Posted : 1/6/2015 9:52:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tramadol is an SNRI so has the same safety concerns as taking MAOI with an SSRI. As in its dangerous. Tramadol was found in nature recently.

12NEXT