We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
these things only tools Options

shoe
#1 Posted : 11/17/2008 2:52:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would just like to share something, I felt recently that one should remember that substances such as DMT are only tools, experiences to be had, and not a way of life in-and-of themselves. I Don't know if anyone else except myself would agree?
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 11/17/2008 3:05:34 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Yup and you can actually move past the need to ingest entheogens and simply use your mind.

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Dwhitty76
#3 Posted : 11/17/2008 3:08:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree whole heartedly. By no means is it a recreational drug for me, as beautiful and awe inspiring as it is, i feel the need to respect it and not abuse it.

It's not the end all and be all for me but a tool to use in order to experience those divine moments of truth (a microcosm of a much geater universal truth).

It might sound cheasy to some, but then again....i know i'm not the only one that feels this way. Wink
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

mattimus
#4 Posted : 11/17/2008 2:15:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AHH!!!!! I JUST THOUGHT ABOUT THIS 3 SECONDS AGO and then clicked on this post and read it right there lol.

I think a lot of times also, people try to look TOO MUCH into their experiences. Nobody knows the true nature of DMT.
The above is quoted from www.google.com

Take responsibility for making your own life beautiful.

Jorkest
#5 Posted : 11/17/2008 3:32:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

look as far as you want..but just keep in mind that it all could be just crazy thinking
it's a sound

DMTripper
#6 Posted : 11/18/2008 12:18:13 AM

John Murdoch IV

shoe wrote:
I would just like to share something, I felt recently that one should remember that substances such as DMT are only tools, experiences to be had, and not a way of life in-and-of themselves. I Don't know if anyone else except myself would agree?

I too agree.
That's the main reason I very seldom smoke DMT. I use it for exploration and I take a good time digesting and integrating my experiences. And they are just pieces of my puzzle. There are more things than smoking DMT or eating shrooms Smile But like you say they are tools. Tools to understand the nature of reality. And that's kind of my only interest. The nature of all there is.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Dwhitty76
#7 Posted : 11/18/2008 2:09:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I Realize that dmt has a mind of it's own and it may be best not to try and read into "it" too much and sometimes it's almost impossible to read into a mind spinning experience that lasted 10 min.

With that being said i also agree that it can be used as a tool and as with any tool you must learn to master the craft of using it.

I've been thinking about this lately....the most effective way of incorperating the dmt experience into my life (without abusing it).

Like DMTripper stated, i dont smoke the spice all that much either (maybey once/twice a month at most or when i get the itch).

Although,i recently found a "co pilot" who'm is willing to explore the cosmos w/me.

Instead of smoking it when i simply get the itch...i was thinking of how i can use this tool in order to make my effectiveness with it (or vise versa) most effective, to bring away the most i possibly can from the journey.

I was thinking of mabey using it more routinely (as a weekly ritual) or mabey start to incorperate some maoi's w. the spice (to make it last longer). Obviously journaling the experiences aswell as meditating and contemplating them are good habit.

I'm not exactly sure what the the answer is ...or mabey i'm thinking about it too much, but i believe that there is a lot to be learned from the molecule and i was wondering if any other explorers have developed good habits that might be useful for someone that is trying to take away as much from the experience as possible, rather than just being blown away by the visuals and scenery which is awe inspiring in and of itself.

How to be a good student of the spice and sharpen your skills with this tool?

Anyone out there have anything that works for them?

Thanx shoe for bringing up the topic
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

shoe
#8 Posted : 11/19/2008 12:46:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Me either... Perhaps we should?
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

tryptographer
#9 Posted : 11/19/2008 3:44:26 PM

tryptamine photographer

I agree it's a tool, to be more specific: it's a key, or a bundle of many keys. But a key like no other, maybe more like a teleportation device Pleased

People sometimes ask me 'what does it do?'. It doesn't do anything by itself, it's the mind, consciousness that does it all...