We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
DMT=NDE shouldn't that be on the label? Options

Geines
#1 Posted : 10/5/2011 4:12:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't know about you users here but for my first time breaking through into hyperspace I felt like I was dying. I read a news article about a man who had took dmt, thought that has was dying and got his friend to take him to the hospital. So I'm not the only one who thought that, at least 2 people in the world think this Smile
All I'm saying is there should be a warning told with this "gift of nature". Indeed it's wonderful and possibly people could learn from it BUT an unbiased description is necessary, even if certain effects and feelings never presents itself to you personally. 30 seconds of hell and 4 minutes and 30 seconds of heaven should be told as such, or at least, the possibility as such. Just like new cannabis users should be told paranoia and anxiety may ensue.
Salvia breakthrough I'd say is the closest and yet dmt was far more intense, so it's not like I'm new to this sort of thing.

I would like to know who else felt like they were dying and what they experienced when they were braking through, but not the trip itself as there's a section for that in the forums. Were your transitional effects different from mine? - a malfunction of the vision like an old tv set switching channel inbetween the static, the dramatic drop in heart rate, the excessive saliva production so much so you're constantly swallowing. The latter led me to believe I was going to choke to death. The saliva effect happens with Salvia.D but not with such, force.
They say you can't move when you breakthrough but I don't know as I laid down as it started to happen.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 10/5/2011 4:23:30 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Health & Safety

DMT-Nexus Wiki wrote:
Warning

DMT is a bottomless well of never ending confoundment, an unsolvable riddle of epic proportions spoken in alien tongues. It will call into question all that you know, all you’ve learned to accept as reality, and introduce you to a state of being which defies all comprehension.

This experience is not for everyone, and not all who choose to open the door deal well with the questions it raises. It should never be undertaken lightly or treated in a casual manner. Those who approach it with little respect often pay a psychic price.

Should you choose to proceed, be aware that integration issues may follow. What you find inside may change your life. It will almost certainly alter your deepest, most fundamental assumptions.

I think that one is kinda covered. Smile

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Global
#3 Posted : 10/5/2011 4:25:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

With all due respect, many users go into the experience with the knowledge that it may feel like they're dying. It's sort of everyone's own responsibility to do the research before diving in head first. Research should also tell you that the LD50 for DMT is so high that you'll be incapacitated long before you can even approach an overdose through inhalation. This isn't something you get at a pharmacy or no doubt it would say "side effects may include simulated death". If you have high blood pressure or cardiac problems then that is perhaps one way that DMT may kill you, but if you do the research, that should be pretty apparent. If you acquaint yourself with DMT's effects then a death experience shouldn't come as a total shock. Also part of the strategy with starting low on your doses and working your way up include the knowledge developed that no matter how far out you go, you'll always come back and it sort of just happens. Having this reflexive knowledge in your body and mind can keep yourself cool when the brain triggers its death programs. I don't mean for this to be offensive in any way, but thorough preparation and research go a long way.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

AlbertKLloyd
#4 Posted : 10/5/2011 4:31:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

not with DMT ever, but i have had a death content experience (not really near death, just feels like i died) from mushrooms

Global
#5 Posted : 10/5/2011 4:35:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I've had a fully immersed white light experience which I suppose most would categorize as one of those things that happens when you die, so in that way I had a death experience and on the other hand it was my most exhilirating, life-affirming, euphoric experience of my entire life, and destroyed my fear of death. The mind set is extremely important in these kinds of situations.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

Geines
#6 Posted : 10/5/2011 4:46:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

@ The Traveler - I'm glad to see you've posted that somewhere on your site. But I've never seen it at any point in visiting here. I've read the health and safety tips on many drug websites, maybe not here I can't recall. That post wasn't aimed at any site in particular but as a rule of thumb when mentioning dmt on the net or in the world to friends etc a warning of possible negative effects should be passed on. Maybe your message should be more visible as others are more care-free than me and this is the main site, and best site, for knowledge of dmt. It just so happens I was on this site when I thought of this.

@ Global - Not everyone does their research like you and me, and others here. Even if research is done thoroughly no amount of words can describe accurately the sensations of drugs. And dmt isn't even mainstream in the scientific research, relative to cocaine, heroine, cannabis etc. It's upto us to ensure their safety even if it slips their mind. Some friendly advice to arguably the most powerful drug known to mankind along with it's greatness is all I'm asking.

Infectedstyle
#7 Posted : 10/5/2011 4:50:20 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

I'd like to hear from people who have had both NDE and a DMT experience if it is the same at all. Personally i'm starting to think Salvia has the capability to show you what it is like to be really completely dead. But I'm not sure.

On the contrast i think DMT shows you life mostly. But then again i haven't gone that far with DMT. And my salvia experiences have just been a repeat of the first. (Salvia proved to me life is a dream, and i've been kind of in a place that seemed to be like the waiting room between dimensions)

Btw, does ur dmt have a label? Laughing

Geines
#8 Posted : 10/5/2011 4:54:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
I've had a fully immersed white light experience which I suppose most would categorize as one of those things that happens when you die, so in that way I had a death experience and on the other hand it was my most exhilirating, life-affirming, euphoric experience of my entire life, and destroyed my fear of death. The mind set is extremely important in these kinds of situations.

That's funny since my experience made me believe that was what death was like, or dying. Ironically the trip was about life, living, pure love and kindness etc. Maybe the former created the latter.
As for mindstate, prior I got into a relaxed mood. I doubt mindstate has anything to do with you heart slowing down, and that alone is unsettling.

Geines
#9 Posted : 10/5/2011 5:01:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Infectedstyle wrote:
Btw, does ur dmt have a label? Laughing

LOL
My most memorable experiences with salvia breakthroughs have been like an alternate world with familiarity being the main theme. No so much about death. Some unpleasant experiences but nothing I couldn't handle. I'm sure the same will happen in time with dmt.

The Traveler
#10 Posted : 10/5/2011 5:02:30 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Geines wrote:
@ The Traveler - I'm glad to see you've posted that somewhere on your site. But I've never seen it at any point in visiting here. I've read the health and safety tips on many drug websites, maybe not here I can't recall. That post wasn't aimed at any site in particular but as a rule of thumb when mentioning dmt on the net or in the world to friends etc a warning of possible negative effects should be passed on. Maybe your message should be more visible as others are more care-free than me and this is the main site, and best site, for knowledge of dmt. It just so happens I was on this site when I thought of this.

The link to Health & Safety is on the top of every page on the forum and it is also stated very clearly in your welcome PM. Smile

On a sidenote: there is way more info behind that link as what I quoted. Also, check the other top links like FAQ, Wiki, etc. There is a wealth of information here.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

gibran2
#11 Posted : 10/5/2011 5:18:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I’ve never felt like I was dying, but I have had an experience where I was very certain that I had died: My Death, part II.

There are numerous experience reports both here on the Nexus and elsewhere (such as erowid) that describe experiences similar to yours. DMT can have such profound and intense effects that it is sometimes easy to conclude you are dying or have actually died.

Although there are some similarities between DMT experiences and near-death experiences, they are different enough to be distinct phenomena. Someone here on the Nexus once said that "an NDE is a visit to the afterlife through the front door, and DMT is a visit through the back door". That idea resonates strongly with me.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Geines
#12 Posted : 10/5/2011 5:28:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

@ The Traveler - It must've escaped me then. Thank you though.
@ gibran - I'm glad I'm not the only one Very happy I'll give your report a quick read.

Bill Cipher
#13 Posted : 10/5/2011 5:55:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There is discussion all over this site regarding the trauma of ego-annihilation, and I think if you spend any time here at all you'll find warning labels aplenty. We really don't sugarcoat the experience or downplay the psychic pitfalls. Go down this road at your own risk. It will change you. Consider yourself warned.

q21q21
#14 Posted : 10/5/2011 6:47:40 PM

SWIM

@Traveler
You know I just wanna poke in and say that there MUST be some way to make the FAQ and WIKI more likely for everyone to visit. Clearly there are these warning in the FAQ but if people don't look at the pages, they won't know.

Honestly I didn't visit them until months after I joined (is there a link on the page after registration to the FAQ? If so I missed it.) and when I finally got around it them I was AWESTRUCK by how great it all was and how much time I wasted searching for the answers which were so blatantly in the WIKI and FAQ

One simple possible solution pops into my mind: In the bar where it say "Welcome area" then the sub-forums below make it instead stay something along the lines of
"Welcome area - Also see FAQ and WIKI for great information" or more likely something that sounds less lame than that. /the FAQ and WIKI being links of course.
This in addition to the links at the top I think would lead many more people to them considering the FAQ pages on other forums are really terrible and personally I never thought to look for a wiki with tons of info.

They are great resources which are very often not used by those who need them most.

What do you think? I bet this and other simple tweaks could really help the community in a large way.

Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

polytrip
#15 Posted : 10/5/2011 7:11:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Infectedstyle wrote:
I'd like to hear from people who have had both NDE and a DMT experience if it is the same at all.

I had an NDE as a kid.
It's not exactly the same, but there is something they have in common. It's a sort of atmosphere they share.

I think the texture of an NDE will depend upon what causes it, but in most cases the experience itself will have more in common with dissociative drugs like ketamine or salvia than with real psychedelic's. The only thing is that my NDE was experienced with great clarity that is unusual for dissociative drugs and typical for psychedelic's and it shared a 'freakyness' with the psychedelic experience.

I was completely 'sober' and clear when an entity of some kind gave me a sort of guided tour along all of my life and it told me i had chosen to be here before i was born.

Tek
#16 Posted : 10/5/2011 7:15:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's fair to point out that thinking your dying and actually dying are two very, very different things as I'm sure most of us can attest to.

That being said, ego death is a bitch. Even after all of these deep experiences I've had I still haven't gotten used to it and I doubt I ever will.

Sometimes if I'm calm enough through the process, it can ALMOST be enjoyable to 'watch myself die' as it were. I've had experiences where the main part of me, my core self (that which navigates through hyperspace) is already past the breakthrough point, and it's happened so suddenly my body/ego didn't really realize it until it's too late. I swear I've had the distinct impression of my ego body whimpering like a puppy whispering 'don't leave me... don't....', meanwhile the 'real me' just looks on with a mild curiosity, as if to say 'jeez what are you getting so worked up about? Everything is fine.'

Personally, I've always viewed the ego loss experience as something to be overcome instead of avoided. I sort of consider it like practice I guess, I mean we're all gonna die someday, I'd rather be pretty used to the feeling so I can be a little more at ease about it when my time finally does come.
All posts are from the fictional perspective of The Legendary Tek: the formless, hyperspace exploring apprentice to the mushroom god Teo. Tek, the lord of Eureeka's Castle, is the chosen one who has surfed the rainbow wave and who resides underneath the matter dome. All posts are fictitious in nature and are meant for entertainment purposes only.

gibran2
#17 Posted : 10/5/2011 7:28:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Tek wrote:
It's fair to point out that thinking your dying and actually dying are two very, very different things as I'm sure most of us can attest to.

That being said, ego death is a bitch. Even after all of these deep experiences I've had I still haven't gotten used to it and I doubt I ever will.

I don’t really understand this sentiment.

Maybe it’s because I started my exploring with salvia. Even at moderate salvia dosage levels, I almost always have complete “ego death” (we may need to define this term in the context of this thread). The transition from “self” to “no self” is very fast, so there’s not any time to ponder the loss of self.

When one has complete ego death, there is no memory of one’s past life or past identity. As a result, there is no sense of loss. I’ve never found this to be distressing or uncomfortable. How could it be?
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Bill Cipher
#18 Posted : 10/5/2011 7:37:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For me, it's the transition. Once I'm out of the way, all is usually gravy, but getting there is another story. The urge to hold on is kind of hardwired into our genetic code, and the act of "dying" is pants shitting scary. It's that process of shedding the body...

DeMenTed
#19 Posted : 10/5/2011 7:42:57 PM

Barry

Ive been murdered in hyperspace, does that count? Smile

I think anyone with any clue about psychedelics knows that anything is possible while under the extremely strong effects of dmt, lsd, mescaline salvia etc... if you entered the world of dmt without having a clue about this then you havent done your research and probably needed to be shown what a beast psychedelics can be.

I hope it doesnt put you off though as its not all doom and gloom, you may actually get the opposite the next time like feeling that you are reborn and full of knew knowledge and love for live. Evereything has its ups and downs Smile

Global
#20 Posted : 10/5/2011 7:51:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You know one of the questions I always used to think about it that "ok, even if you do go to an afterlife, wouldn't eternity just get boring? After all, it is a really long time." When I had my white light experience as I approached the godhead, time rapidly began slowing to a hault until it was no longer existent as I continued to soar through the white light. It made me realize that boredom is a function of time so therefore if you take time out of the equation, boredom doesn't exist either. It was a major factor in putting my ease at dying no matter which way it goes.

12NEXT