We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Favorite music to blast off to.. Options

The Chr0nn01553ur
#1 Posted : 10/5/2011 8:37:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry if this has already been done but I'm intersted to see what other people listen to besides Shpongle. To help me get over blast off anxiety I've been using some music to make my setting more relaxing. I listen to a wide variety of stuff but I only pick certain songs by certain artists to listen to while smoking spice. I have yet to break through, or try a trip without music.. Except one time the music stopped before I even hit it so I guess that counts.. But so far I like it and I don't think it hinders my trip at all.. I actually really enjoy it. It's very comforting.

Anyway, here's some my favorites, as strange as some of these may seem to some:

I don't have that many because I've only blasted off like 6 times.. I'll add more as time goes by though. Cool

This is a playlist I used for a couple ones.

And I used a couple Sam Cooke songs for another one but this was my favorite one. It takes on a whole new meaning with DMT! Very happy Who feels me?

What about you guys?

Life is art.

Row row row your boat, gently down the stream... Merrily merrily merrily merrily...............

NOTE: 'The Chr0nn01553ur' IS A FICTIONAL ONLINE CHARACTER AT THE DMT-NEXUS.COM FORUMS. THAT MEANS ALL POSTS MADE BY THE CREATORS ARE STRICTLY FICTITIOUS IN NATURE, AND USED SOLELY AS PERSONALITY EXPERIMENTS FOR THEIR OWN AMUSEMENT AND REFINEMENT. ANY RESEMBLANCES TO REAL LIFE ARE PURELY COINCIDENTAL. We also tend to edit our posts 2-3 times within about 5 minutes after posting them.. Just a heads up.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 10/5/2011 9:07:22 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

i'm digging this trevor hall stuff, thanks

i mostly prefer silence for changa breakthroughs..as i find it really fascinating to focus on the tone most times and its just what works best for me right now..

but for low to medium doses, especially during mediation and/or yoga, or things like ayahuasca- i like shulman (especially the album in search of a meaningful moment), androcell, kaya project, beats antique, bluetech, tipper (broken soul jamboree ftw), tool, the mars volta, entheogenic, younger brother, and some others.

If your looking for wealth of music people like on dmt you might want to try out the search function because theres definitely been some threads on this over the years that you'd find interesting

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Hyperspace Fool
#3 Posted : 10/5/2011 6:03:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Hi Life!

Nice to hear your cockpit soundtrack selections. Trevor is certainly sweet.

I posted my thoughts on this in another thread, and rather than rehash I will just link.

Coincidentally the shuffle on my media player tossed me a Sam Cooke song just as I started reading this post... so YEAH, I feel you.

It dropped into a live Allman Brothers track from the Fillmore, and is just now bubbling up into some sweet Larry Young from 1968's Heaven On Earth. Needless to say, any of these tracks would be welcome in Hyperspace AFAI'm concerned.

I find that the entities really dig good music. The more soul and talent the better.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Digi123
#4 Posted : 10/5/2011 7:21:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I love this whole album for DMT voyages. David & Steve Gordon - Sacred Spirit Drums

Joined at the soul with a pair of headphones

In an ocean of music, we move with the flow

You think that's air you're breathing now?

tele
#5 Posted : 10/5/2011 10:08:42 PM
Explorer

Yeah the entities love good music. When a song is ending and silence comes, it's a bit like "WTF, bring back the music" feeling for me and the entities. I feel like music is very good way also to remove pre-flight anxiety.
I rarely blast without music... I know the hyperspace sounds are important but usually my music isn't so loud that it overpowers them.

deadlight
#6 Posted : 10/6/2011 3:40:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Atriohm

Caravel
#7 Posted : 10/6/2011 5:09:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i like calm music like this played at very low volume so its almost inaudible
"Oh Dinah. It’s just a rabbit with a waistcoat... and a watch?!"

arcanum
#8 Posted : 10/6/2011 5:34:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Solfeggios! Solfeggios!. Never with lyrics.

fatmanscooby
#9 Posted : 10/6/2011 6:22:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Oneiros
#10 Posted : 10/6/2011 7:59:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I tend to stay away from stuff with lyrics too and even slightly heavy beats, it can be a bit distracting imo. I agree with universecannon on Kaya Project, Shulman, and Entheogenic - I also like Ott. Silence can be golden as well.

lessless
#11 Posted : 10/6/2011 9:11:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Only incaros there!
Especially with long trips: they struct space very well.

Captu4ik
#12 Posted : 10/6/2011 11:07:44 PM
Farquart Thibideaux

I agree with those who just say no to lyrics. I've always used Mahavishnu Orchestra, which used to be termed "Acid Jazz". I find that the music has a profound effect on the hallucinations (synesthesia).

Digi123
#13 Posted : 10/7/2011 8:10:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Captu4ik wrote:
I agree with those who just say no to lyrics. I've always used Mahavishnu Orchestra, which used to be termed "Acid Jazz". I find that the music has a profound effect on the hallucinations (synesthesia).

Deffinately, voices put me off, wether they are lyrics in a song or someone talking. I think I'm going to give Shpongle a try on a journey sometime, they have vocals but not too many so should be alright Smile

Hyperspace Fool
#14 Posted : 10/7/2011 9:31:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Captu4ik wrote:

Man I love me some Mahavishnu! Now that the term "Acid Jazz" has been co-opted by that somewhat jazzy housey stuff (which can be good as well, I suppose), I would refer to that McLaughlin/ Larry Coryell stuff as Fusion.

Bill Laswell did a remix of a bunch of the Santana/ McLaughlin/ Alice Coltrane collaborations a while back. The CD "Divine Light" (2001) is phenomenal (not all of his remixes are so amazingly successful). It is mind blowing for journeying... right up there with John Oswald's "Grayfolded." double CD (1996) as far as space remixes go.

Both of those discs need to be heard in their entirety, but here are some tastes:

Sadly, the serious McLaughlin/ Santana fireworks from that disc are not up on YouTube.

As for the no lyrics thing, I guess it depends on the lyrics and the singer. Some stuff works so amazingly well, it makes my hair stand on end. Sometimes the entities take over the vocals and sing their messages to you in the voice of whoever is singing.... that is a trip and a half.

"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

The_Curious_One
#15 Posted : 10/7/2011 9:41:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

My favorite song to trip to is by far this song:
Incubus - Aqueous Transmissions

It is sooo smooth and peaceful that it keeps me calm and keeps me from getting overwhelmed by the sensory overload that seems to happen to me when I'm on the verge of breaking through.

The silence with frog noises at the end is extremely relaxing during the come down too. I swear it seems like they wrote that song just for DMT trips.

Sandtrout
#16 Posted : 10/10/2011 5:39:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's my secret stash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbTdlKt4SSU

MIDIval PunditZ has some other winners imho -- "God of love" esp.

Si Mullumby/Wild Marmalade - for didgeridoo awesomeness
http://www.youtube.com/w...8QSM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/w...ArgI&feature=related
mother divine

another favorite is a cd called "Spirit Gathering" feat Byron Metcalf and Steve Roach -- produced by the Monroe Institute. "The Shaman's Heart" is also good-- from the same people.

female throat singer Sainkho is loved by aya.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab4L2qNxJbY
http://www.youtube.com/w...bP9M&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/w...;list=PLAD2A785619725C78

dogmess
#17 Posted : 10/10/2011 6:40:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Although i have not yet had the chance to experience spice, hammock and sigur ros helped me to achieve a great sense of tranquility while on LSA and LSD. The world becomes incredibly beautiful and serene, leading me to think of the world around me in ways i usually do not.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLUVYGOOOKE

Not to say music like Shpongle, Astral Projection, Ott, Vibrasphere, Hallucinogen, ect doesn't work wonders while tripping. I think ambient music just brings a unique acceptance and love for the world.

also- check out Carbon Based Lifeforms and Solar Fields if you've yet to do so

mescalitano
#18 Posted : 10/10/2011 5:27:06 PM

Hilbert

Eyes of heaven

So tranquil.I mostly like to listen to music afterwards.Because most of the time i feel more relaxed after smoking then before,haha.
if the corn is asking you why you are suprised to see them dancing to your thoughts of them dancing to your thoughts,and friendly oaktrees behind it nod at you that they're friendly dwarves who are on their way to sing yoho yoho,then you know youre in the right place Smile

Digi123
#19 Posted : 10/10/2011 9:08:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mescalitano wrote:
Eyes of heaven

So tranquil.I mostly like to listen to music afterwards.Because most of the time i feel more relaxed after smoking then before,haha.

Yea, good stuff, I like it Smile

DeemsterDiva
#20 Posted : 10/11/2011 11:34:54 PM

The 4th Dimension is my only true home.

I've really enjoyed listening to Ween during blast offs lately. Sometime it doesn't matter because the music seems to disappear, but sometime it becomes part of the experience.

123NEXT»