We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Nexus Mushroom Hunters, Post Finds Here. Options

Ice House
#1 Posted : 10/3/2011 5:46:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I know we have many members here from the PNW who are active in hunting mushrooms, both actives and edibles. Lets share with the rest of the Neuxs community by posting hunting reports and pictures of your finds here.

I am expecting the first PNW Ps semilanceatta aka Liberty Cap reports to be out any time as the rains have now begun. As the temps start to drop the wood loving Ps cyanecens will also start to show her lovely wavy caps. The costal Ps azurecens are already up as I have heard from some very reliable sources.

My wife and I were out in the forrest yesterday walking the dogs and looking to see if the Chanterelles had begun to poke up through the forrest floor. It has been a bit dry through the month of September, but I thought, what the hell. As luck would have it we came across a few lovely Chants. We found just enough to make a wonderful pasta dish with wild Chanterelles, home grown basil, onion, garlic, and sundried tomatoes. The rains have begun now and most likely wont let up til late summer next year. I expect to find many more mushrooms in the coming days, weeks, months. Stay tuned!
Ice House attached the following image(s):
chan1.jpg (250kb) downloaded 567 time(s).
chan2.jpg (287kb) downloaded 567 time(s).
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Ice House
#2 Posted : 10/6/2011 7:57:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

a basket containing edible fugi picked during my morning walk in the forrest,
DSCN0485[1].JPG (2,706kb) downloaded 545 time(s).
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Wax
#3 Posted : 10/6/2011 8:32:25 PM

LUVR

Nice finds Ice! Can't wait to start picking my own.
Do you cut them directly from the ground?
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Ice House
#4 Posted : 10/7/2011 4:06:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

archaic_architect wrote:

Do you cut them directly from the ground?

I do, I try not to disturb the mycellium below ground by ripping them up. I hope to be able to pick these patches for years to come. I have already been picking the same patches now for 5 seasons.

a1pha
#5 Posted : 10/7/2011 4:16:34 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Beautiful finds, Ice House!! Just gorgeous.

Very happy
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

idtravlr
#6 Posted : 10/7/2011 6:49:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very nice Ice House! I've been scouring my area, but so far nothing but Galerina ALL OVER my back yard, and that's about it. I haven't made it up into the nearby woods yet, but you have inspired me. I will post collections of anything of interest that I find.
Would love to come across some P. Semilanceata though! They have a very special effect on me. I believe a joint hunt may be in order my friend.

Thanks for sharing the pics! You have once again motivated me to get back on top of one of my greatest passions. Smile

Peace & Love!
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

semios
#7 Posted : 10/10/2011 12:23:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey PNW friends,

As far as I can tell, cyans are not up in the Seattle area yet. Friday I extensively checked all my neighborhood patches and there are no pins growing yet. I know the mycelium is down there doing its thing, give it a couple of weeks. The Shroomery is starting to have posts that show cyans coming up in Vancouver Island, so we're next.

Meanwhile I did find this interesting mushroom. It may be P Stuntzii, which would be a new one for me. Not sure, will monitor that patch and see what else comes up.

jamie
#8 Posted : 10/10/2011 4:28:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have gone out a few times here in vancouver, BC..looking for cyans and semilanceata with no luck...I have found alot of galerinas though..
Long live the unwoke.

Coastal_Shaman
#9 Posted : 10/10/2011 4:55:23 AM

"That Guy"

fractal enchantment wrote:
I have gone out a few times here in vancouver, BC..looking for cyans and semilanceata with no luck...I have found alot of galerinas though..

Nothing but galerinas and chanterelles across the water here.. Keep me posted fractal, I'll let you know if any cyans start popping up here cause it's probably going to be happening where you are at the same time.
"I was going to make a machine, but after reading here in the Nexus, everyone makes it sound like trying to smoke spice without a VG is like trying to have sex without fully formed genitals..." -- Pup Tentacle.

**Believe this guy at your own risk**

Ice House
#10 Posted : 10/11/2011 1:02:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The actives season is, IME, running a bit behind schedule. The rains have begun and that is good, but we have had very moderate temps. As soon as we get a few nights of mid to low 40s, even hi 30s, with a dew point somewhere in between that, its gonna explode with cyans. We are not too far off!

Coastal_Shaman
#11 Posted : 10/13/2011 3:58:44 AM

"That Guy"

Ice House wrote:
The actives season is, IME, running a bit behind schedule. The rains have begun and that is good, but we have had very moderate temps. As soon as we get a few nights of mid to low 40s, even hi 30s, with a dew point somewhere in between that, its gonna explode with cyans. We are not too far off!

We have just received that perfect weather in the last week here. Been down in the high 30's at night and only up into the high 50's in the day time. Massive rain fall over the last week has also saturated the soils and mushrooms of many kinds are popping up everywhere. I have been searching for the cyans for four years now and never found/kept any. I did spot a patch last season and new as soon as I laid eyes on them what they were, however in the course of three hours between being at work and going home for the day the patch was raped and pillaged so badly that nothing grew there for the rest of the season. The person left lots of stem ends, probably cut them off after they ripped them from the mycelia. It looked like a bunch of small bombs had gone off where all these mushrooms were earlier in the day. I did however find just recently a picture or four of some cyans actually growing in my area, in their natural occurring habitat. Not only that but by looking at the pics I am 100% sure I know exactly what specific area of my city they were found. No streets or man made landmarks in the pics, but just by looking at the terrain and fauna in the photos I can narrow it down to an area of about ten square kms with nearly six square kms of the area being low key and not easily observed by onlookers of any kind other than birds.. Being that the conditions here are prime and I have nothing else to do I am going to be searching some of this area tomorrow. If I even find one legit cyan specimen this year I will be the happiest man alive.. Well maybe not but I'm not the greedy type, I'm not looking for the motherload, just one freaking mushroom lol.
Wish me luck.. I will be searching this area three days a week for the next three months untill I either give up after having had a fruitless season once again or have finally found the elusive little gems. Hopefully the latter.
"I was going to make a machine, but after reading here in the Nexus, everyone makes it sound like trying to smoke spice without a VG is like trying to have sex without fully formed genitals..." -- Pup Tentacle.

Ice House
#12 Posted : 10/13/2011 5:06:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The important thing is to get out and hunt. You gotta learn the habitat. There is a sweet spot that they grow on. Learning what makes that spot sweet, will lead you to the patches you hope to find. Ps Cyanecens is very prolific when it gets established. It dominates when it finds the area it likes.

Learn habitat and why it grows there. Thats the key.

Good luck!

Coastal_Shaman
#13 Posted : 10/13/2011 5:54:35 AM

"That Guy"

Those are some fairly hearty looking chanterelles icehouse, I noticed though that lots of them are of the white variety. Do you come across many golden chanterelles in your area? I find where I am at least that I usually only find the white ones near urban settings, like greenspace in or around the city and the golden ones are usually out it the boonies.

semios
#14 Posted : 10/16/2011 1:26:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was out in some (previously) very dependable cyan patches in West Seattle today and could not find even a pin despite crawling around in the blackberries for a while. Season is definitely late this year. I guess maybe it is finally time for me to start fooling with DMT while I wait for my cyan friends to wake up. Here's a photo of some youngsters from a previous year just to keep everyone in the mood...

PS with sun predicted for the next 5 days, I'm growing even more pessimistic.

Ice House
#15 Posted : 10/17/2011 1:27:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well folks the little buggers have been stubborn, thats for sure. There is a very private very reliable patch that I know of and I am finally seeing a few pins forming!

Soooo another week and those should be picking size and many more fruits will emerge.

@ semios, I pick West Seattle also, Twisted Evil lol just thought I'd mention that the patches I hunt there are normally fruiting the same time as the patch in this foto. I'll bet the patches around there do have a pin or two in em. The season is late but it is progressing. The weather report sucks for the next couple of days, hi 60s and sunny Crying or very sad
cypin.jpg (264kb) downloaded 394 time(s).

Dot5841
#16 Posted : 10/17/2011 5:01:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I hunt in the Bay Area and have gone hunting a few times with no success. I am only starting out though, and since I hear the area is great so I will keep looking. I still dont quite know the proper climate and elevation but I have been able to find mushrooms growing like crazy, just no edible ones.
My eyes are soon to be open! Cant wait!

flutterbi
#17 Posted : 10/19/2011 4:27:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

im going to be in Western Wa from the 27 till the 5th and really want to go picking for my first time if anyone who knows what they are doing wants company pm me<3

talking monkey
#18 Posted : 10/23/2011 6:39:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has been looking in the southwest for shroomies for his religious ceremony. I am not sure if i can quote what he told me about price. I would like to but dont want to violate rules. SWIM MHRB resource out too i feel sorry for him he really needs it to tear the veil for mental health. These pics are great I hope these are celebrated with many

semios
#19 Posted : 10/24/2011 2:09:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

FINALLY I found a couple of patches of Cyans today. Holy shit, I thought I was losing my touch, that the shroom gods were choosing to laugh at me, and most importantly that I was going to show up empty handed for a ceremony planned in two weeks. But NO, it turns out the shroom gods are only laughing at me by making all my old patches lie fallow and making me work for some new patches. But after many many hours of searching, scrambling through the blackberries in my empty old patches, and reaching the edge of despair, just as I was giving up this morning and heading home in frustration, I found them! Two patches of them, far apart, in different parks. Little babies, just coming up. Excellent!

semios attached the following image(s):
Cyan.jpg (204kb) downloaded 329 time(s).

Coastal_Shaman
#20 Posted : 10/24/2011 2:16:11 AM

"That Guy"

semios wrote:
FINALLY I found a couple of patches of Cyans today. Holy shit, I thought I was losing my touch, that the shroom gods were choosing to laugh at me, and most importantly that I was going to show up empty handed for a ceremony planned in two weeks. But NO, it turns out the shroom gods are only laughing at me by making all my old patches lie fallow and making me work for some new patches. But after many many hours of searching, scrambling through the blackberries in my empty old patches, and reaching the edge of despair, just as I was giving up this morning and heading home in frustration, I found them! Two patches of them, far apart, in different parks. Excellent!

I happen to know of huge groves of blackberry bushes in my area, would this be a good natural setting to find them in or do they still require hardwood rot to grow? I would be more than happy to crawl around on my hands and knees in the brambles for some cyans but I'm wondering if they still require chips or some sort of rotting hardwood, instead of just blackberry bush with native grasses and nice rich soil..

123NEXT»