We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A Real Test of My Green Thumb Options

gibran2
#1 Posted : 10/3/2011 2:31:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I just ordered a variety of seeds from a vendor in Peru: chacruna, chaliponga, and yellow caapi. I’ve read that caapi in particular is hard to start from seed, so if anyone has good advice, please share!
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jamie
#2 Posted : 10/3/2011 4:47:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

What I did for caapi get a small plastic container and put down a layer of organic tropical soil, and then stick a sheet of plastic wrap over the top with a few holes poked in it..I then stuck the seeds in the soil so that the top winged parts were sticking up out of the dirt, and misted them every day. You want it to stay humid..I also stuck the container on the radiator in my apartment so that they got a bit of bottom heat sometimes..they like that. A week or so after they germinated I took the tent off and just made sure to keep them really wet at first.

I got about 80% germination rate..they all germinated at different times though..you might have to wait 2 weeks, or you might have to wait 5 days..

Chacruna I have had no luck with yet..0% germination rate so I dunno whats up with that. Maybe my seeds were not viable anymore..they were apparently fresh though so maybe they needed more heat..chacruna I have heard from some people needs bottom heat to germinate. This is why I chose to stick the caapi on the radiator..did not want the same thing to happen.
Long live the unwoke.

Pony On A Rainbow
#3 Posted : 10/15/2011 4:28:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
I just ordered a variety of seeds from a vendor in Peru: chacruna, chaliponga, and yellow caapi. I’ve read that caapi in particular is hard to start from seed, so if anyone has good advice, please share!

You should soak chaliponga seeds in 300 to 500PPM GA3(Gibberellic Acid) for about a day and then keep them moist in soil. This plant will germinate in about a month or so. If you are getting fresh seeds then GA3 is optional Smile I got mine late January so i had to do the hustle.

Chacruna, had no success from seed. It's easier to propagate via leaf cuttings.

Best of luck with your seeds. Just keep em moist and your patience will be rewarded. Smile
If you want precaution, sterilize the soil but i don't find this necessary with store bought potting mix.
Live and Let Live.
Humility Smile