We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
What's your best tip for Noman's tek for a beginner. Options

arcanum
#41 Posted : 10/11/2011 8:16:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Your MHRB might be very low yield stuff, I'm also in your area. My last extracts (from a different supplier than usual) have also yielded clear to only slightly yellow solvent, = very low yield of spice, hardly worth the time and trouble. The combined solvent extracts need to have a brownish-yellowish colour, (even after the sodium carbonate wash). Using high yield MHRB., after the freeze precipitate I'd be left with nice clean looking beige-yellow fluffy granules .
With this crap MHRB that I've got now, it won't even freeze precipitate out of the solvent, nothing, nada, rien, nichts!. Not all Mimosa is created alike.

I love making ridiculous untrue statements like the one above, it's just a ploy to impress people.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Awakened
#42 Posted : 10/12/2011 10:23:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice snow globe this morning. Thanks go out to all for making the first pull a sucess! Will post pictures and description of the problems I have faced so far.
I like to make things up, everything above is made up and not real, it is a story for my own amusement. Sorry if you felt mislead.

I normally have to edit my posts within a couple of minutes for prose, spelling and grammar. Just to let you know.

Digi123
#43 Posted : 10/12/2011 1:03:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome Smile

Lookin' forward to seein' the pic's Smile
Joined at the soul with a pair of headphones

In an ocean of music, we move with the flow

You think that's air you're breathing now?

Awakened
#44 Posted : 10/13/2011 2:19:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Soooo had a chat with SWIM and they took me through the process so far.

I did the following.

T0: 50 grams of lye was mixed with 1.5L tap water, a 3l glass mason jar was used.
50 grams of pre powdered MHRB was added. this was mixed and allowed to sit.

T12: An initial pull was done but the solvent didn't change colour, questions on this thread suggested that maybe due to my mixing technique I had been too cautious. I should mix for 3-5 mins about 3 times over 20 mins. About 10 grams more lye was added.

T14: Another pull, 50ml of solvent, rolled in the base mixture. Separated using a turkey baster. First roughly taking some black base with it. I used a single rose vase to transfer the base + solvent mixture. This is tall and about 2.5 cm in diameter. This made the separation easier. The solvent was allowed to evaporate by about a third and then placed into a freezer set at -32 degrees C.

T24: second pull using warmed solvent. 50ml of solvent was warmed in a hot water bath for about 10 mins. Then added and mixed over 20 mins. Same separation technique used, however the forceful nature squirting the base/solvent mixture was that an emulsion formed in the rose vase. To resolve the vase was placed in a hot water bath and a small amount of lye was added (10-20 beads). The emulsion resolved in amount 5 mins and the solvent seperated. . Again left to evap by about a 3rd. Now in freezer.

T36: Third pull as T24. Although an emulsion formed which was resolved by adding 10 grams more lye, warmed and left to sit. Some contamination in the solvent. This will be washed with a Sodium carbonate solution before allowing to evap (probably to 1/2) and placed in the freezer.

Pull 1 was left in the freezer for 48 hours and now has been drained into another jar, with a coffee filter on. Left to evaporate the excess solvent and dry.

Picture of first pull below!

You made it all possible I thank you. No idea of yield yet, will wait for the other pulls to freeze precipitate.

I like to make things up, everything above is made up and not real, it is a story for my own amusement. Sorry if you felt mislead.

I normally have to edit my posts within a couple of minutes for prose, spelling and grammar. Just to let you know.

q21q21
#45 Posted : 10/14/2011 2:45:34 AM

SWIM

Dude, you gonna see some elves soon!

That looks like nice nice spice. Of course to be safe one can always re-x with acetone or IPA, but that is really good looking spice that I personally would smoke and give to my friends.

Great work!
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Awakened
#46 Posted : 10/14/2011 7:25:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 wrote:
Dude, you gonna see some elves soon!......Great work!

SWIM hopes so, and the great work goes out to everyone who suggested their top tips, which made the whole process smoother than it would have been without help. I had a couple of issues but these were easily solved. I'll be doing one more batch over the weekend as well.

Peace!

Awakened
#47 Posted : 10/14/2011 3:46:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1st pull weight: 128 mg

Awakened
#48 Posted : 10/14/2011 8:11:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow SWIM just smoked 15mg of their own DMT, SWIM says. I was very anxious so unlike the first time I didn't really hit the bong in a big way. The anxiety coming from tasting my own spice (what if I had done something wrong?) and knowing what was coming. But it was still just wonderful. Nothing to be scared about.

So much peace.

Digi123
#49 Posted : 10/14/2011 11:28:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awakened wrote:
Wow SWIM just smoked 15mg of their own DMT, SWIM says. I was very anxious so unlike the first time I didn't really hit the bong in a big way. The anxiety coming from tasting my own spice (what if I had done something wrong?) and knowing what was coming. But it was still just wonderful. Nothing to be scared about.

So much peace.

Awesome Smile Glad to hear it all worked out for you man Smile

Hapy travels Smile

jacetea
#50 Posted : 10/15/2011 1:26:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Don't be discouraged by clear naphtha. Mine never turns yellow or brown, always perfectly clear.

Hope you enjoy the ride Smile
We're the new hippies, we get high on life, not drugs.
We thrive in drama, and bathe in activeness.
Fashion is a religion and vocabulary defines you.

Politicians load the gun, and celebrities fire it, killing all humankind.

Awakened
#51 Posted : 10/16/2011 10:29:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So SWIM sent me a link to the results of the weekend pull.

483mg from 55 grams MHRB. An OK result I feel being the first one.

Another question is what do to do with the scrapings from the bottom of the evaporation dish? Redissolve and crystallise?

Caravel
#52 Posted : 10/16/2011 9:30:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awakened wrote:
Another question is what do to do with the scrapings from the bottom of the evaporation dish? Redissolve and crystallise?

yes just do a recrystalization on it and discard the left over nap
use a small ammount of hot nap for the rc use a 25ml beaker or shotglass to do the rc in - you should only have to use about 10-15ml of nap from the looks of your pic

any nap thats left over can be discarded as it will have many impurities in it and will only contain trace ammounts of spice
"Oh Dinah. It’s just a rabbit with a waistcoat... and a watch?!"

Awakened
#53 Posted : 10/17/2011 10:30:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks will do that. There is more than in the picture I just snapped it halfway through scaping it off. Will be doing a recrystalization on the final product as well. Although I have already sampled it, would like it to be cleaner.

q21q21
#54 Posted : 10/17/2011 10:57:49 AM

SWIM

Awakened wrote:
Thanks will do that. There is more than in the picture I just snapped it halfway through scaping it off. Will be doing a recrystalization on the final product as well. Although I have already sampled it, would like it to be cleaner.

Take care with that. While precautionary methods are always useful... safety first, that product in the picture would hardly stand to benefit from a recrystallization in my opinion.
What I mean is the recrystallization of the DMT in the card will NOT likely result in: less harsh smoke, less health risk (no one knows this for sure) or better effects.
It will possibly result in: loss of product. I lost about 60% in my first on. No spilling.

I mean it is your choice, there may be tiny tiny micro-bits of solvent and/or bark-water inside the latices of the crystals in those crystals most people would LOVE to smoke just like that, but I would advice weighing 50mg, 100mg and trying it out to see how you like the results first.

Cheers.
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

Awakened
#55 Posted : 10/17/2011 11:05:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So after asking for tips for Noman's tek. SWIM thought that they would add theirs, now that SWIM has done it once at least!

1. The separation can be a pain. A couple of things come up.

If you have used a large container the distance between the opening and the layer of solvent can cause issues. A longer distance means that you have to hold your turkey baster right at the end. This doesn't give the ability to have fine control. The separation layer is thin, unless you have a very narrow mixing vessel, thus you need to place the baster hole just right. I found that using a syringe first to draw up the layer without any base mixture got a good percentage of the solvent. After this I used the baster, dragged some base with it, and put this in a taller thin container (single rose vase). Even with a syringing you have to reach the layer. if you use a 3l container and then only have 1.5 litres of base mixture. You will be long way from the opening of the container. You will then have to reach it and pull off a couple of mm cleanly.

2. Check out if all your tools and equipment can easily fit into your container openings. Don't start a pull and then find out that the bottle you were using to separate the base and solvent, cannot accommodate the turkey baster! Then you have to find something suitable in a pinch. This goes also for whatever you decide to evap or freeze precipitate in. A mason jar with a wide opening is OK, however, your hand still can't really fit in to scrape off your product with ease. After the 1st precip I changed to a glass baking tray. If you wrap this well with plastic wrap you will not get any fumes in your freezer this is then way easier to collect your spice afterwards using a razor blade.

3. Evap of even a 20ml of solvent can take a while. The larger the surface area the better, the baking tray is also ideal for this when part evaporating off your solvent before placing in the freezer. Placed in a jar the evaporation takes longer.

4. Clean and tidy workspace! If you have clutter get rid of it, also cross contamination with food stuffs is not ideal if working in a kitchen.

5. Emulsions can form when separating if you squirt the base/solvent mixture too hard from the baster. Let it trickle out, and slowly squeeze the rest. Trying to turn it into a water pistol fight will introduce air.

6. Don't rush, plan and prepare fully. Plan out the start and when you are going to be doing the pulls. If you decide to leave the base for x hours. Work out then when you will be pulling. Don't suddenly think, bugger I need to pull but I have football practice etc. Make sure you have the time to devote to doing your steps without interruptions. Slow methodical working will provide better results than rushing. Keep everything clean as well. Wipe spills right away, place everything on mats or protective coverings. This way you avoid damage to surfaces and reduce the risk of any cross contamination. Base mixture on food or that white tee shirt = not clever.

7. Prepare everything for draining the solvent away before you take the jar etc out of the freezer. Keeps everything cold then for the maximum amount of time.

8. Take notes on times and problems and steps. This way you can begin to build up a diary of your extractions and then isolate changes to see if you get better yields i.e. warming the solvent etc.

9. Read the chosen tek several times before you even start. Try to know the steps without reading the next step. Know exactly what you plan to do in detail beforehand. Imagine the difference between baking a cake for the first time with a recipe book. If you have to keep referring to the steps you will slow down in bad way, things become disjointed and you will not flow through your extraction. Like cooking, you produce the goods if they are second nature to you, we all have a favourite recipe that we can do without any instructions. Know your tek, visualise the steps and understand it backwards. You will then flow from one step to the next without the need for hesitancy.

Awakened
#56 Posted : 10/17/2011 11:06:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 wrote:
Awakened wrote:

Take care with that. While precautionary methods are always useful... safety first, that product in the picture would hardly stand to benefit from a recrystallization in my opinion.
What I mean is the recrystallization of the DMT in the card will NOT likely result in: less harsh smoke, less health risk (no one knows this for sure) or better effects.
It will possibly result in: loss of product. I lost about 60% in my first on. No spilling.

I mean it is your choice, there may be tiny tiny micro-bits of solvent and/or bark-water inside the latices of the crystals in those crystals most people would LOVE to smoke just like that, but I would advice weighing 50mg, 100mg and trying it out to see how you like the results first.

Cheers.

Ok thanks will consider it a bit more, I mean it looks nice I agree. Just concerned if I have introduced anything by accident!

Digi123
#57 Posted : 10/17/2011 6:28:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with q21. I'd recrystallise the stuff left over from evaporating but the stuff on the playing card looks great Laughing

All good tips Smile

You're saying the turkey baster can drag up a lot of base layer and you need to be careful when emptying it so you don't get emulsions in your collection jar.

Maybe you would prefer using one of these ?

You compress the bulb, then there's one valve to draw liquid up and one to empty it. It cost me less than £10 total Smile It's great for grabbing just the top layer, you have great control and it's 10ml so it doesn't take forever unless you're doin a really big batch.

Awakened
#58 Posted : 10/18/2011 1:54:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Digi123 wrote:
I agree with q21. I'd recrystallise the stuff left over from evaporating but the stuff on the playing card looks great Laughing

Thanks it was great. Very happy

That baster looks better, can you buy it online anywhere?

Explorateur
#59 Posted : 10/18/2011 5:00:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm interested as well to get a baster like this, maybe it could be worth to open a topic on this subject...

q21q21
#60 Posted : 10/18/2011 10:11:34 PM

SWIM

I don't do liquid teks but that do-hicky did pique my interest. It is called a Propipette (I google valve pipette 10ml and it popped up) and there were tons of google results with them

PREV12345NEXT»