We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
A person born blind smoking DMT? Options

mardybum
#1 Posted : 11/14/2008 10:09:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What would happen if a person who was born blind smoked DMT? Would they see anything? Has anyone ever heard of someone who has been blind since birth smoking DMT? I'd be very interested in hearing a report.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 11/14/2008 2:32:26 PM

The Great Namah

This question has been posed before, but no real answers were given.

I believe that a person blinded AFTER birth was able to see colors/shapes after smoking spice, but I don't know that I have read any reports about a person blind from birth.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

extrememetal43
#3 Posted : 11/15/2008 12:52:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I believe if you could see at some point in your life you will get visual hallucinations, a participator in strassman's experiments was blind. However, if you could never see you will not have visual activity. i believe its the same with dreaming.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 11/15/2008 12:58:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

what kind of blindness? I mean, one could suppose that if it was some disease in the eye itself, but the visual cortex was intact, then maybe there could be some activity in it and the person would 'see' but not understand what is happening

I have taken ayahuasca with a blind person but that had lost sight as a teenage... he did see many colours and all.. but indeed for a person born blind, that would be very interesting question, though as said, it would be pretty much impossible for the person to describe s/he was having visions

DMTripper
#5 Posted : 11/15/2008 4:14:14 AM

John Murdoch IV

If I ever meet a person who has been totally blind from birth I'm going to bring this up Smile Tell that person about DMT and see if he/she want's to try it out Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

jamie
#6 Posted : 11/15/2008 4:33:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

ive always wondered bout this as well. I did work with someone 2 years ago who was colour blind, and he used LSD and psilocybin because he discovered he could see colours while tripping. This in turn helped him to distinguish much better between the shades of grey he saw while sober.
Long live the unwoke.

mardybum
#7 Posted : 11/15/2008 4:57:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's pretty awesome enchantment! Was he only able to see balck and white since birth?

Yeah I think getting someone who was 100% blind from birth to breakthrough on DMT could be a good indicator to whether or not DMT breakthrough's come from the mind?

polytrip
#8 Posted : 11/15/2008 7:22:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
A few weeks ago i had an accident as a resul of wich i was blind for a few days. I was planning to do ayahuasca that weekend, but because of the blindness i didn't dare to do it. I was afraid that i would get totally lost in my own house. Anyway, many people who're blind from their bird on, have developped some sort of 'sonar' capability. So in a way they can see. So i guess that their 'visual' hallucinations are even more freaky then. At least this would almost automaticcaly mean they're synesteatic when on substances.

Fable
#9 Posted : 11/17/2008 10:20:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Far out dude that must have hurt. Im guessing you sustained a severe blow to the back of the head? That is where your occipital lobe of the brain is, it is the one that processes all the visual stuff. I knocked myself blind when I fell off a bike as a kid, seriously not nice, it didn't last more than 30 min though.
Re DMT & blind people, 25% of your brain is designated for visual processing, that is a lot of brain sitting idle waiting for input. I would put money on a blind person seeing during a spice journey. I know most of mine are experienced with my eyes closed and I am sure the visions have little to do with how the eye works. Its all neuronal firing, an avalanche of chemical stimulus.
I am a leaf on the the wind, watch how I soar!

islandhome
#10 Posted : 11/18/2008 1:41:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

there was a show on discovery or some channel like it nova mabey
but thay did do tests on blind people with lsd
this was back in the late 50 s
and thay could (see )when on it but
could not hardy give a complete discription
for not having a refrence
ill see if i can find the show
You'd better be prepared for the jump into hyperspace. It's unpleasantly like being drunk."

"What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"

"You ask a glass of water."

Douglas Adams

lorax
#11 Posted : 11/18/2008 3:09:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

since the elves like to fix things, jump through us and whatnot maybe they would even be able to rewire a blind persons brain so he could see. i mean i have seen people who had their motor center destroyed and could learn to walk again. the brain is very regenerative in terms of rewiring.

this is kind of a feeling that dmt gives you i think.. it feels like they are rewiring my circuits.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

polytrip
#12 Posted : 11/18/2008 9:34:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Fable wrote:
Far out dude that must have hurt. Im guessing you sustained a severe blow to the back of the head? That is where your occipital lobe of the brain is, it is the one that processes all the visual stuff. I knocked myself blind when I fell off a bike as a kid, seriously not nice, it didn't last more than 30 min though.
Re DMT & blind people, 25% of your brain is designated for visual processing, that is a lot of brain sitting idle waiting for input. I would put money on a blind person seeing during a spice journey. I know most of mine are experienced with my eyes closed and I am sure the visions have little to do with how the eye works. Its all neuronal firing, an avalanche of chemical stimulus.

Luckily there was nothing wrong with my head. My eye got pierced by a thorn. I thought i totally lost this eye, but it seems as if it has fully recovered except from the irritating itches that you have with recovering organs. The awkward thing was that for a few days i couldn't use my good eye as well, because simply opening it would cause an immense pain everywhere in my face, but especially in my hurt eye. For the brain your eyes feel as if they're the size of a basketball or something.

TH3_ASiAN
#13 Posted : 11/25/2008 4:15:38 AM

LENNA

i have no clue about spice and being blind. but as one of swims blind friend told swim that he liked acid because he can rather as he said, *feel* the music rather then just hearing it. and that when he does acid it gives him visions that he can only feel when he is on psychedelics and such. so... if you end up finding out then be sure to post up the results of that.
everything that i post is my own option, you my not like it or even agree with what i have wrote but as I said..... *is my own option*. All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a character based on other people) obtained a license for said activity or did said activity where it is legal to do so.

*the_asian*

extrememetal43
#14 Posted : 11/25/2008 5:41:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes i believe they will have other sensual hallucinations like hearing things n feeling weird things. But we gota get someone who is blind from birth to tell us what happens. Mite be a lil hard to find round here...i think its a lil hard to read forums if u cant see. but im sure theres programs out there 4 that...gota b rite. How do blind people use the internet?

bufoman
#15 Posted : 12/2/2008 1:04:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

It is likely that if one was born blind they would not get visual hallucinations as the formation and functioning of the visual system requires immense amounts of experience for proper "wiring" and functioning. Krill et al. 1963 did a study ( https://erowid.org/refer...p?A=ShowDoc1&ID=2205 ) with LSD and individuals who were not blind at birth but where blind at the time of the study. It was found that visual effects did occur in many of the patients implicating the role of higher level visual processing regions in the CNS (rather than the retina) in the visual effects of classical hallucinogens. Some of the subjects even reported complex visual experiences such as faces. It would be very interesting to see the effects of DMT on both individuals born blind and those blind after birth. Additionally it would be very useful for the study of consciousness to study the effects of DMT on people with damage to specific regions of the brain. Thus we could see which regions mediate which subjective effects.

flyboy
#16 Posted : 12/3/2008 1:37:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

islandhome wrote:
You'd better be prepared for the jump into hyperspace. It's unpleasantly like being drunk."

"What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"

"You ask a glass of water."

Douglas Adams

Dude, hyperspace is neither unpleasant nor like being drunk at all, and Douglas Adams was an economist. Are you a narc, bro? Cuz thats one very suspicious signature.

polytrip
#17 Posted : 12/3/2008 2:45:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Douglas adams...the one who wrote the hitchhikersguide.? I didn't know he was an economist. Brilliant author, though. Someday the HGTTG is gonna be as an important book as the bible is nowLaughing

Nanaki
#18 Posted : 12/6/2008 8:23:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If one goes hyperspace DMT isn't that like out of body stuff? Then I couldn't see why they wouldn't be able to see cause it's no longer just the body.
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.

magic clown
#19 Posted : 12/7/2008 6:31:43 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

This topic came up a year or two ago. I mentioned I knew a blind man who was fanaticle about smoking DMT. He had exactly the kind of experiances as sighted people. For him, as you can imagine, DMT was a very very special thing. I have spoken at legnth with him about DMT, I never considered asking him if he had always been blind. Ever since the original thread, I have been waiting to ask him that. I am hopeing to get him to write here him self about his experiances with DMT and blindness. Unfortunately, we live at opposite ends of the country and I have been oversea most of this year.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

bufoman
#20 Posted : 12/7/2008 7:04:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

That would be very interesting if you could get in contact with this individual. My guess is that especially if he has complex experiences and is able to describe them that at some point in his life he had vision and learned to associate his visual experiences with linguistic symbols. Thus he is able to explain what he sees, some one born blind EVEN if DMT made them have visual experiences would likely not be capable of explaining the experience in words as they have no associations between the raw visual experience and language.

12NEXT