We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Super Strains! Options

'Coatl
#1 Posted : 11/14/2008 5:15:59 AM

Teotzlcoatl

I was thinking about breeding "super" strains of Caapi, Psychotria, Trichocereus cactus.

I'd like obtain a strain of B. Caapi which contains little or no harmaline/harmala and high amounts of THH.

A Psychotria plants with high levels of DMT (Verified by testing) I believe some of the Psychotria plants in the community contain little DMT, if any.

A thick, blue Trichocereus with a high mescaline content, completely lacking almost all trace chemicals.

I just want to put some potent clones out there, and no, I don't think it's wrong or evil or disrespect or w/e to breed for potency.

I think the following cultivators should be found/breed/created-

B. Caapi high in THH ~ "Spirit Caapi"

B. Caapi with a balance of compunds- "MAOI Caapi"

True type Psychotria viridis with high levels of nothing but pure DMT with no other chemicals present.

A very high mescaline producing Trichocereus peruvianus that grows very thick and very fast and lacks other compounds besides mescaline.

A Trichocereus bridesii which closely mimics Lophophora-intoxication.

Lophophora williamsii with at least an 8% mescaline content. (Could possible create two or even three cultivators- one high in mescaline but devoid of other compounds, one with a balance, and possibly one without mescaline that contains the other intoxicating Lophophora-compounds)

Super cultivators of Ipomoea violacea ~ “Tlitliltzin”, Rivea corymbosa ~ “Ololiuqui” and Argyreia nervosa ~ “Woodrose” which contain high levels of the good compounds and low levels of the bad ones.

Any tips? Comments?

Check out these....
....Other links on the Subject!!!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

polytrip
#2 Posted : 11/15/2008 9:25:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
The first tip would be to focus on plants that have a short 'livespan' so the 'X'th generation is reached sooner. canarygrass is therefore ideal.
And often hybrids have a larger amount of alakloïds.

Infundibulum
#3 Posted : 11/15/2008 10:12:36 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Sounds very difficult, definitely not to be accomplished within a person's lifespan. Eugenics with plants are pretty tricky and very slow. Take Caapi for example; one needs to be growing at least 20 plants and wait till they reach maturity. At this stage all of the plants can be bioassayed or extracted, and the best ones can be bred to the next generation...

The problem is that these processes require total dedication suince they can be time-consuming

The case with the development of good genetics in cannabis plants from the 60's onwards has been a fairly simple one, since a) the plant can be grown in a relatively strong time, b) they can be bioassayed very easily (just smoke a joint or two) and c)it can be self-fertilised and it is very adaptive to a multitude of diverse environments.

How long does it take for Hawaiian baby woodrose or Rivea corymbosa for instance to reach their full alkaloidal potential? How is that influenced by growing factors? One may be selecting a strain that does pretty good in his/her flat but terribly bad in other places...

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

'Coatl
#4 Posted : 11/15/2008 10:19:22 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Check out this thread... Look at the comments on Corn.

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

Infundibulum
#5 Posted : 11/16/2008 12:51:40 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

Well, maize is estimated to have taken at around a thousand years of selection to reach to its modern status as a crop plant.

Again, eugenics is a very slow process. And that is because mutations on the genome of the plants that will actually result in favorable characteristics and can be further selected (by us) arise randomly. And this is without considering that many of those random mutations that will help your favorite plant to produce more of your favorite alkaloids will be very likely masked. This very commonly happens to plants because they can be not only diploid but triploid, tetraploid, pentaploid, hexaploid and so on as well.

What the above means is that they have more than one copies of the genes in their genome. So, if a favorable mutation happens in one of the genes it may as well be masked from the action of the other normal genes.

Basically what I am trying to demonstrate is that what you are proposing is doable, but it will take a very very very long time and again you never know if after a thousand years of selection on say, caapi or HBW will give you what you want.

The case with the eugenics on corn other crop plants performed by our ancestors is certainly not analogous to the plants you are referring to. These are crop plants, therefore a massive collaborative effort has been put from all humanity to improve them because it had (and still has) to do with producing something utterly vital and undeniably useful:

FOOD!

Maybe genetic engineering would help you speed up the process here, but I guess this is against your ethos?

Basically the standard approach is that if you want stronger an experience you eat more.

polytrip
#6 Posted : 11/16/2008 5:54:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
Sounds very difficult, definitely not to be accomplished within a person's lifespan. Eugenics with plants are pretty tricky and very slow. Take Caapi for example; one needs to be growing at least 20 plants and wait till they reach maturity. At this stage all of the plants can be bioassayed or extracted, and the best ones can be bred to the next generation...

The problem is that these processes require total dedication suince they can be time-consuming

The case with the development of good genetics in cannabis plants from the 60's onwards has been a fairly simple one, since a) the plant can be grown in a relatively strong time, b) they can be bioassayed very easily (just smoke a joint or two) and c)it can be self-fertilised and it is very adaptive to a multitude of diverse environments.

How long does it take for Hawaiian baby woodrose or Rivea corymbosa for instance to reach their full alkaloidal potential? How is that influenced by growing factors? One may be selecting a strain that does pretty good in his/her flat but terribly bad in other places...

But the conditions that made it possible for cannabis the be develloped that way, might aply to phalaris as well. It's a grass that grows everywhere and if you would grow it indoor, theoretically you could have 4 harvests a year.
I read somewhere that you can make effective phalarisjuice (for anahuasca)with some kind of device that's used by rawfoodpeople to squeeze juices from all kinds of grasses. It would be ideal and make bioassay easy.

Infundibulum
#7 Posted : 11/16/2008 9:42:55 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

I agree. Phalaris grasses can be grown inside and they can be selected for alkaloid content. Of course, as long as the plant is big enough so that it can be sampled without destroying it so that one can get its seeds for the next generation of selective propagation.

fourthripley
#8 Posted : 11/16/2008 11:32:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

High potency, clean alk profile strains of Arundinicea have been developed. Big Medicine is an example. However they won't grow true to type from seed; Arundinicea will produce NN, 5meo or gramine as it sees fit. Clones of Big Mediine are available in the US, I believe, if you look hard. P. Brachystasis has a reliable alk profile and can be rather potent- subject to seasonal and growing conditions- and can be grown reliably from seed.
mistakes were made

polytrip
#9 Posted : 11/17/2008 3:43:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

WOW!!!

'Coatl
#10 Posted : 11/17/2008 6:42:07 PM

Teotzlcoatl

It's not hard! In 30-50 years I bet we could creat Lophophora which push 10% mescaline content.

We could create super potent, super fast growing Trichocereus! The possibilites are unlimited!!!

'Coatl
#11 Posted : 1/6/2009 2:50:43 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Check these out if your intrested in "Super Strains"

http://www.shaman-austra...146&st=0&start=0

http://www.shaman-austra...397&st=0&start=0

http://www.shaman-austra...077&st=0&start=0

bufoman
#12 Posted : 1/6/2009 4:07:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

It is amazing what people have done with cannabis strains in 30 years. There are all types of different genetics including growing conditions, THC content, as well as content of other cannabinoids. This work needs to be done with entheogens. It may take some time but will be well worth it. Also because of environmental conditions it may be harder at least with cacti however it can be done, and mutants with minimal environmental influence may be able to be produced. The more people doing these things the better. It will be important to keep good notes, regarding genetic, time of year harvested... Just think in 30 years the potential having sources with 10% plus alk contents it has been done with cannabis, weed used to have 3% THC some strains now have 25% plus... This is incredible..

'Coatl
#13 Posted : 1/6/2009 4:44:15 AM

Teotzlcoatl

I totally agree! Same deal with peppers (but slightly longer).

Just think what we can do with Trichocereus and Caapi!!!

bufoman
#14 Posted : 1/6/2009 4:56:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Definetly and with cannabis it was just done by individuals selecting the parent crops with desired traits to breed. Also look at what humans have done with corn. Check out a pic of wild corn it has like 4 kernals. It would be great to have some super potent fast growing entheogens. Phalaris shows a lot of promise as well. People just need to take good notes and breed and select the best offspring to propagate. It has to be done by breeding, clones are great but to introduce variability and new mutants into the population breeding has to be done. One of the great things however is that unlike cannabis all these different species can form hybrids, so there is a lot more variability to start with. This is no crazy theory this will defintely work if everyone does their part.

'Coatl
#15 Posted : 1/6/2009 4:57:05 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Umm... like the Corn on page 2?

Quote:
Teosinte compared with Corn (the green Teosinte is laying on top of the blue Corn)

Teosinte/Corn Link

Thats what 1000 years of breeding has done to corn!!!

Quote:
This is no crazy theory this will defintely work if everyone does their part.

Totally agreed. The more people helping, the faster we get potent clones! Tell yo' friiiends!

bufoman
#16 Posted : 1/6/2009 5:05:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Plants are great as they have such fast reproductive life cycles and built in variability. How long does it take for a Trich from seed to start flowering?

'Coatl
#17 Posted : 1/6/2009 5:13:32 AM

Teotzlcoatl

I'm going to say 5 years at the fastest, seed to flower for Trichocereus cacti.

I'd imagine more like 7. Growing it to flower its not much faster than Peyote.

Peyote is another botanical I'd like to make super strains with.

bufoman
#18 Posted : 1/6/2009 5:16:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This will defintely take some time however it can and should be done. Super strains would be great and are needed with all entheogens.

'Coatl
#19 Posted : 1/6/2009 5:21:52 AM

Teotzlcoatl

I predict we will have Trichocereus surpassing 7% pure mescaline in outer green flesh by 2020.

Smile

If we start now...

bufoman
#20 Posted : 1/6/2009 5:43:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There is no doubt it can be done it is just going to require patients and dedication. However the individuals who embark on such an endevor will be doing the community and the world a huge favor. That will have long lasting implications.

12NEXT