We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
A dull introduction / Update: a disappointing mescaline extraction Options

zelazny
#1 Posted : 9/28/2011 9:32:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello there,

My name is Don. My interest in psychedelics began at the age of 9, after listening to The Beatles' Pepper. Ever since then I've been frustrated by the government's extremely oppressive treatment of people who choose to experiment with altering and expanding their own consciousness. Watching the apparent effectiveness of anti-drug propaganda on society has also been troubling to me since a young age, and has been instrumental in my becoming a more critical and skeptical person.

Unfortunately, I live in a country where psychedelics are very hard to get by. Two years ago, at the age of 22, I finally managed to get my hands on a few acid blotters for the first time. I'd had many, many years of preparing for that first psychedelic experience, and I was not disappointed. My LSD experiences, in addition to being mind-blowingly beautiful, fun and educational, proved to be very healing. Acid literally fixed my years-long depression, and motivated me to improve my situation in life. Experiencing the immense healing potential of psychedelics first-hand has made the fact that oppressive forces are violently depraving the population of these substances even more painful.

I love how the internet is helping a lot of people to reclaim their personal freedom. It's fantastic that websites such as this can teach us how to extract psychedelics in the privacy of our kitchen. Personally, I am preparing for a mescaline extraction, for which I'll ask for more help and guidance at the appropriate forum. After the some preparation and mescaline consumption, I plan to extract and experiment with DMT, the final frontier.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

۩
#2 Posted : 9/28/2011 9:37:44 PM

Welcome to the DMT-Nexus Zelazny,

It's great to hear that LSD helped you so much. It has helped me tremendously in this life. I do not go a week without using it in conjunction with meditation and yoga.

There are a couple good ways to extract mescaline in the wiki you can check out. I would suggest getting some Trichocereus Bridgesii cuttings (aka Achuma) and extracting those. They are usually potent and I do not think you will be disappointed.

Feel free to ask us any questions you might have. Looking forward to hearing how your mescaline is in the future.

Peace and Hyperspace

Ice House
#3 Posted : 9/28/2011 10:05:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Zelanzy Welcome. You have come to the right place. I look forward to helping you find what you are looking for. The Nexus is a wealth of knowledge pertaining to extractions and methods. Good luck.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

zelazny
#4 Posted : 9/28/2011 10:35:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you!

۩, I envy your consistent supply of LSD, and I wish this fantastic tool was more available for me as well. Hopefully mescaline will work well for me too.

I would indeed appreciate it if you could answer a few questions I have about my impending mescaline extraction. I've never done any such thing before, so my main objective is to learn how to avoid dying in the process Smile

My questions:

1) I have done some reading on mescaline extractions, and clearly using d-limonene is usually the best way to go. Sadly, this delightfully benign solvent is nowhere to be obtained around here. Is there any solvent I could use that isn't as horrible as xylene? Note that I might have access to some chemicals that wouldn't be available to the public in other countries.

2) I'm quite scared of the prospect of poisonous fumes stinking up my house, getting the neighbors' attention and potentially afflicting my body in various ways. Therefore, I've been planning on building a fume hood using a centrifugal blower and an activated carbon filter. Will the carbon filter indeed filter HCl, xylene and lye fumes out of the air?

3) I have access to all lab and chemistry equipment. Do you guys have ideas for things I should purchase that will be of help? What kinds of protective gear should I get?

Thanks for the help! I can't wait to start partaking in some chemistry action, but I'd like to be 100% ready first.

jamie
#5 Posted : 9/28/2011 10:52:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

you can order limonene online..I really dont think most people here are buying limo in the stores..everyone orders it. I would suggest use limo rather than build a fume hood..it will be alot easier. Good luck!

You also might really enjoy mushrooms..Mushrooms are so much like DMT and you can grow them at home quickly, and pick them in nature nearly everywhere once you learn how to ID them.
Long live the unwoke.

zelazny
#6 Posted : 9/29/2011 9:15:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
you can order limonene online..I really dont think most people here are buying limo in the stores..everyone orders it. I would suggest use limo rather than build a fume hood..it will be alot easier. Good luck!

You also might really enjoy mushrooms..Mushrooms are so much like DMT and you can grow them at home quickly, and pick them in nature nearly everywhere once you learn how to ID them.

I couldn't find anyone shipping food-grade d-limo worldwide. Do you have any leads?

I'm sure I'd enjoy mushrooms very much, and I'll seize the first opportunity to eat or grow them, it's just that I haven't had the chance yet. It would be too risky for my taste to receive seeds or kits in the mail.

۩
#7 Posted : 9/29/2011 9:20:43 AM

1) Check our supplier subforum for limo leads.

2) The carbon filter will solve your problems.

3) Always wear eye protection when working with acids/bases ;]

Enoon
#8 Posted : 9/29/2011 9:57:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

hi zelazny,

while I understand your reluctance ordering spores in the mail, do check the laws in your country. Spores in many countries are still legal, while the mushroom fruits - what you eat - aren't. In that sense the spores are actually much safer to order than say mimosa, which generally is more of a gray area. So read up on what the laws are where you live and perhaps you'll change your mind. Mushroom growing is one of the most rewarding things I've ever done and I miss doing it. I'd jump at the first chance I'd get to grow them again, even if I didn't want to consume them... that's how much fun I had doing it.

you don't need grow kits, which I admit seem more risky than spores alone. The stuff you need to grow can easily be bought in stores in your neighbourhood, save perhaps the syringes.

anyway, welcome to the nexus.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

zelazny
#9 Posted : 9/29/2011 5:32:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

۩, how do I get to this subforum you speak of? I can't seem to find it, and in the relevant threads around the forum that I did found, there was no mention of a worldwide-shipping food-grade d-limonene supplier.

Enoon, interesting, I'll look those things up after I'm done with this mescaline project. Growing shrooms does sound very appealing. Thanks for the tip!

christian
#10 Posted : 9/30/2011 9:15:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Zelazny.

-I didn't find your intro dull at all. In fact i found it very interesting. Particularly the point you made about being fed up about the governments opressive ways. Don't worry, you are not alone!

-Welcome to the Nexus!! Wink
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

zelazny
#11 Posted : 10/8/2011 3:49:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks!

I will now need some help identifying the cacti pictured:

1) This is a Peruvianus, right? That's cool.

2) But what's this? Is this relevant to my interests at all?

zelazny
#12 Posted : 10/10/2011 8:43:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I hate to bump, but does anyone have any insight on the cacti? I've already pressure-cooked (à la heavenlypursuit's tek) about ten feet of each cactus (it's been a fucking messy nightmare, by the way), hoping the first to be peruvianus and the second to be pachanoi. If you think I'm incorrect with my identification and my efforts have been in vain, please warn me before I start reducing the many gallons I've produced.

By the way, I need to know more about the reduction process. It's done by boiling the stuff in an open pot, I suppose. How long does it usually take, and how horrible is the smell gonna be?

zelazny
#13 Posted : 10/18/2011 10:56:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, I went through with it. I'm highly disappointed.

I used heavenlypursuit's tek, following it precisely. I had no access to d-limo, so I used xylene. I only used chemically pure chemicals though, no hardware store paint section bullshit. Well, the pachanoi didn't cooperate right off the bat. The xylene did not separate from the tea, there was only emulsion. This phenomenon was described in heavenlypursuit's thread (from the cacti subforum) by someone who also used pachanoi, so I suspect this cactus may not work well with this tek. Anyway, the peruvianus teas had no problem separating, but the yield was fucking insulting. Around a gram of brown stuff. So I washed it with dried up, frozen, chemically pure acetone. The acetone did wash away some brown, but after a few washes it became apparent that I was left with light brown material that wouldn't be washed any further - the acetone came out clear. So I did the cotton-ball-glass-funnel thing and re-crystalized. I ended up with only about 300 mg of light brown product - what a fucking disaster. Here's a picture of some of it:

(Click to enlarge)

It smells familiar, but I can't put my finger on what it compares to. I guess it's somewhat reminiscent of chocolate. I think that maybe it didn't wash properly since it was in chunky crystals form, instead of in powder form like in heavenlypursuit's pictures. Can I consume this shit safely?

Thanks.

cker
#14 Posted : 10/18/2011 3:32:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think your species ID is correct. Hopefully you didn't throw out the emulsion as it can resolve over time. Also, check out the resin teks for the future. As far as what you were left with, it's not a lot, but just eat it.

zelazny
#15 Posted : 10/20/2011 5:27:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I did keep the emulsion vessel. What can I do to help this thing resolve? Nothing really happened in the week or so it's been sitting here. Could it be because my tea is too concentrated? It's 10 feet of pedro reduced to 1.5 liter. Would it help if I diluted it with water?

Also, fuck me; House's resin tek looks so incredibly effective, I can't believe I missed it before. I wasted so much money on chemicals and lab equipment, and I even built a super-effective, air-tight, carbon-filtering fume-hood! Ah well, hopefully this will all pay off when I extract DMT.

damon
#16 Posted : 10/20/2011 6:49:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

zelazny wrote:
I did keep the emulsion vessel. What can I do to help this thing resolve? Nothing really happened in the week or so it's been sitting here. Could it be because my tea is too concentrated? It's 3 feet of pedro reduced to 1.5 liter. Would it help if I diluted it with water?

Also, fuck me; House's resin tek looks so incredibly effective, I can't believe I missed it before. I wasted so much money on chemicals and lab equipment, and I even built a super-effective carbon-filtering fume-hood! Ah well, hopefully this will all pay off when I extract DMT.

Yes, chunks are easier to handle than blended sludge.

You can try adding lye. With a very high pH, it should have liquified some over time, and be less prone to emulsions. Heat and vibrations help separation too.

Welcome to the Nexus!

۩
#17 Posted : 10/20/2011 6:54:56 PM

Yeah my tek is for minimalists who like full spectrum extractions and generally don't want to do anything that's too chemistry-inclined.

I'm always happy with the results. Consume about a foots worth of extract. Divide total extract by how many feet you have. Work your way up from there.

Welcome to the DMT-Nexus!

zelazny
#18 Posted : 10/20/2011 6:59:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've already spilled an excess of 700 grams of lye into this sludgy abomination. Will adding more really have an effect?

zelazny
#19 Posted : 10/20/2011 7:08:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
Yeah my tek is for minimalists who like full spectrum extractions and generally don't want to do anything that's too chemistry-inclined.

I'm always happy with the results. Consume about a foots worth of extract. Divide total extract by how many feet you have. Work your way up from there.

Welcome to the DMT-Nexus!

Oh, so you are the one they call House! We've spoken earlier in the thread, I just wish you were more aggressive in pushing your tek Smile Anyway, I have easy access to both peruvianus and pachanoi, as it were, but not bridgesii. How do these two compare when using your tek?

۩
#20 Posted : 10/20/2011 7:48:16 PM

Try both and see for yourself. Really it's the only way to know! Smile

12NEXT