We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
So Much Gratitude! Options

fermentman
#1 Posted : 9/27/2011 7:28:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello to all,

I've been lurking around on here for about 9 months at this point, and time being as it is, it has been hard to find time to make a first post. Nonetheless, I would like to just express my gratitude for this forum and wiki and of course, all the helpful and sharing people here. Thank you all so much for assisting me, even without awareness of me specifically, in finding my way into this realm.

It was less than a year ago that a good friend and I shared the sentiment, after absorbing hundreds of hours of T. McKenna, reading Shulgin, Pendell, and others, as well as a handful of fairly powerful Ayahuasca sessions, that we would seek the "spice" directly. For so long I avoided these more concentrated forms, out of respect for my aya experiences, as well as many psilocybe encounters. I have also had a fair bit of experience with MDMA and LSD, tending to keep these rare due to less reliable purity and/or the body load they, particularly MDMA, can leave me with. It was only a few weeks after verbalizing our intent to find it before someone I already play in a band with asked me if I was interested in trying some spice. So does unfold this path!

Since that time, the work has brought some amazing gifts my way in people I have met, knowledge and power I have gained, and a sense of promise of what may come in the future. I have been aided by the nexus in learning about the various extraction methods, starting with Rue Harmalas - a wonderful gift and teacher in it's own right. A new phase of my path has unfolded with the process of working with MHRB and the Lime/d-limonene teks, suffice to say.

In addition to the medicines' gifts of revelations and healing, I have been able to free myself from feeling addicted to cannabis. This is a new place for me. I have been a cannabis user for 18 years, and mostly it has been a great thing in my life. But I do recognize that it has had a negative side in terms of my compulsive daily use, and the lengths I have gone to satisfy that addiction. I don't really feel it is a bad plant (there are no bad plants!!), just that I now have a powerful "lever" to use to balance my approach to any and all substances I choose to work with. For now, it is a tremendous relief to have NO CRAVING for cannabis. It all seems to be about sincere intentions applied to working with the harmala and spice combination. DMT seems to greatly reward sincere intent, no?

There are many of you who have, unknowingly, aided me in my quest, and I offer my thanks and gratitude.

Health and happiness to you all,

"the fermentman"

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Enoon
#2 Posted : 9/27/2011 9:38:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

welcome fermentman, good to have you here at the nexus!

It's great to hear that dmt has aided you in your life and given you strength and insights. I find it so amazing what these experiences can offer us! As for cannabis, I feel it is like every other substance as well, including caffeine and nicotine: they have each a purpose, a use, and they are each useful, but habitual (the kind where you can't stop using without having negative side-effects, physical or psychological or both) use renders yourself a little bit impotent, yields a little bit of your responsibility to it, and steals a little bit of your freedom to be what you can be. At least this is my take on the matter.

I always try to maintain my freedom from each substance - the freedom to say no to any of them, whenever I choose to. But of course also the freedom to say yes whenever the time is right. My idea is that it is this world and this reality that I am here to experience and navigate through. My experiences with psychedelics and entheogens serve to assist me in this effort, by opening my eyes, by giving me insights, by helping me understand etc... But I do not want these experiences to replace my every day experiences. Instead they should help me transform my every day experiences to reach their maximum potential of *goodness*.

I'm sure other approaches are just as valid. Some find the altered state to be so beneficial they try to be in it as often as possible. I suppose for some this works. Important I guess is that we feel at one with the path we choose, in harmony with our self and the world around us. dmt and its sister substances can help us find just this, as I believe you have demonstrated in a way.

a warm welcome to you again!

Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

DoctorMantus
#3 Posted : 10/4/2011 10:09:08 PM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Welcome Fermentman Glad to have you.

It is very nice to hear you already have been exercising the site and having successful harmala extract and mimosa.

its also great to hear that you got yourself off of cannabis as great as it is i feel it still leaves you cloudy and unclear, congrats to you.

I wish you luck in further extracts and may you journey safe please don't forget to let us know about your experience with a report. Smile
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

semios
#4 Posted : 10/7/2011 4:52:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ennon: "I always try to maintain my freedom from each substance - the freedom to say no to any of them, whenever I choose to. But of course also the freedom to say yes whenever the time is right."

Well said. Dance with all these substances, but don't let them lead!

Welcome, frementman. Nice to see other folks introducing themselves on the same rainy morning as me.