We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What MAOI can I grow in my garden? (UK) Ayahuasca from my garden? Options

Biskotso
#1 Posted : 9/27/2011 7:07:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a big pot of Phalaris Arundinacea growing which is nice. I now am beginning to understand that I won't be able to do an easy extraction (Like MHRB.)

I'm wondering if I can use it to make an Ayahuasca?
I'll need a MAOI, can I grow one? What one can I grow?

I have Rue growing in our herb garden at the moment, but I don't think it's "Syrian Rue" because I don't think this will grow in the UK.

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

I have a lot of ceremonial Mushroom and LSD experience and I have become acquainted with the spice this year.
Is an Ayahuasca a valid route for someone to go downs alone? (Alone being not with a Shaman in the Amazon, or a guide in a Aya church, or a ceremony holder in a new age circle?) My girlfriend has used Ayahuasca once before and we are familiar with psychadelic "therapy."

X
May all the beings in all the worlds be happy and at peace.
All information sought on this website is on behalf of a friend. The use of "I" is only to enable ease of communication.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

balaganist
#2 Posted : 10/17/2011 10:10:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Check threads on Autumn Olive and Russian Olive. A very interesting family of plants!
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

AlbertKLloyd
#3 Posted : 10/17/2011 10:37:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Biskotso wrote:
I have a big pot of Phalaris Arundinacea growing which is nice. I now am beginning to understand that I won't be able to do an easy extraction (Like MHRB.)

I'm wondering if I can use it to make an Ayahuasca?

it has been used as an aya analog, but there is a lot of variation in it, you need a proven clone to make it work, also the alkaloids are almost all concentrated in the new fresh leaves

fourthripley
#4 Posted : 10/17/2011 11:04:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I know of at least 2 people who have grown Peganum Harmala in the UK. Of course the first hurdle is to obtain fresh, viable seed. A few years back I did manage to purchase a couple of plantlets- from an ordinary nursery- but unfortunatley both succumbed in a couple of weeks.
mistakes were made

nen888
#5 Posted : 10/20/2011 6:20:47 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

fourthripley wrote
Quote:
I know of at least 2 people who have grown Peganum Harmala in the UK.

..that's great to know, thanks..
Passiflora incarnata (0.1% [maybe more] alkaloids incl. harmine & harmaline) can tolerate frost and some snow (dies back in wild over winter to reshoot in spring)..could be grown in southern UK, or in hothouses..
i'm curious if anybody has attempted hydroponic caapi yet..?

balaganist
#6 Posted : 1/21/2012 3:14:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm really interested in this again.

I found a load of Phalaris seeds I bought ages ago. I will try and grow a pot of them in spring.
There was a good thread on the autumn/russian olive trees that seem to have good MAOI properties.

I think growing Caapi in the UK, unless as a house plant, is not really viable without a heated greenhouse + lights... I am looking for a sustainable solution.

I think there is a lot of plant knowledge, and possibly even plants, that has been lost in the witch hunts of our past. I am interested in uncovering our own ethnobotanical history...
and of course there are always mushrooms!! Smile
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.