We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
machine elfs? Options

SpartanII
#21 Posted : 9/28/2011 4:41:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DanceStream wrote:
Do you surmise that most dmt users believe encountered entities to be real/independant, or neurological/psychological, or unsure?
What about members of the nexus?

I think it's both. Beings exist objectively but are interpreted subjectively- maybe that's how reality works. Just as when we interact with people or objects, they may exist objectively- appearing "outside" of us, yet in a way we create them internally as a kind of holographic reflection of the external world.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

gibran2
#22 Posted : 9/28/2011 5:56:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

DanceStream wrote:
Do you surmise that most dmt users believe encountered entities to be real/independant, or neurological/psychological, or unsure?
What about members of the nexus?

First of all, not everyone’s DMT experiences are the same. Since we base our beliefs on what we experience, it’s reasonable to assume that there will be a wide variety of beliefs regarding DMT entities and such. Additionally, in our everyday life we have methods of “confirming” the reality of our experiences, and most of these methods are unavailable to us in the DMT realm.

Personally, I can say that many of my DMT experiences are beyond my imagination. I mean that quite literally – the experiences I have are, as far as I can tell, beyond the capacity of my mind to fabricate.

One thing that DMT teaches most of us is that reality is not as it appears to be.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

damon
#23 Posted : 9/28/2011 7:36:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think we're mostly all saying the same things. We don't know, but we are a crazy curious bunch of humans, and that is what keeps us trying to find some fragment of truth.

Hyperspace Fool
#24 Posted : 9/29/2011 10:54:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Like G2 says, everyone's experiences are different... and each person's experiences vary from time to time and even within the course of a single journey.

It seems to me that there are a myriad of possible experiences, each with their own degree of "reality quotient." tm

[hehhehe]

The fascinating thing for me is that our waking life, consesual reality is not the most real of all possible experiences... it doesn't even make the top 10 for me. Most of my heavy lucid dreams are not only more vivid and amazing (as with spice), but also 'feel' more real and satisfy even more of the criteria of reality than this world does.

I would say that none of the things we experience are real in the way people imagine reality to be. The ultimate true reality, if such a place exists would be a hyper causal realm that emenates the other realities. The throne of G*d so to speak.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

SpartanII
#25 Posted : 9/29/2011 12:46:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^ Word.Cool I've had LD's and Salvia experiences that were definitely more "real" than this reality. Not just a feeling but a *ohmyfuckinggodthiscantbehappening* visceral KNOWING.

tele
#26 Posted : 9/29/2011 12:55:25 PM
Explorer

Just another reason why entheogens are illegal... Question reality

SpartanII
#27 Posted : 9/29/2011 1:20:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tele, your avitar makes me question reality.Laughing That thing is creepy.

tele
#28 Posted : 9/29/2011 4:57:38 PM
Explorer

SpartanII wrote:
tele, your avitar makes me question reality.Laughing That thing is creepy.

I think it's creepy how much these costumes remind me of hyperspace entities/jester types(well maybe they're not skull headed Wink ) :

Another one

PREV12