We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
=:-DMT-:= First Time Experience Options

Andyman135
#1 Posted : 9/26/2011 6:49:45 AM
Andrew

General Info: I weigh 61 kg. I am male. I take 18mg of Concerta every weekday because of ADD. I ate a regular-sized meal about 3 hours prior to the trip, nothing heavy.

Substance: N,N-DMT
Dose: 30mg, but I believe I only got 25mg.

Set/Setting: My friend’s grandmother’s apartment (she had gone to Greece for 2 weeks). It was messy but comforting at the same time because the smell reminded me of my grandmother’s place (I’m Greek as well). The window was open but the cars outside could not be heard. The time was 9:55 pm, on a Saturday. I had to be home early by about 10:45 pm so I was a bit anxious (more nervous about that than the fact that I was about to smoke DMT).

Goal: None. Did not expect to breakthrough, only to get a feel for what DMT does.

As I type what happened only 2 hours ago, I already feel like it was all a dream. “Did it really happen” keeps crossing my mind. Here is the story of what happened, as close as it can be described in words. I hope that those of you who have taken DMT before can relate to my experience and those of you that are curious (why else would you be reading this?) will work up the courage and try it!

I was sitting on the edge of a bed holding the pipe while my friend held the lighter underneath the bowl. Another one of my friends was standing off to the side. The instant the smoke from the first hit entered my lungs I started to feel a little weird. I noticed it was not as harsh as weed, but then I immediately regarded it to be harsh as fuck so I had trouble holding it in for too long (I think this was only because of how fast it works, it’s pretty darn scary). I managed to get 2 decent tokes, but regret not being able to hold them in longer. I was really surprised at how quickly it began to work. As I exhaled my second toke reality began to shimmer and collapse into itself. I remember thinking about the taste and its complexity. It tasted like “orange” (maybe due to the DMT right in front of me being orange). But that didn’t matter. I was terrified. My mind was screaming, “WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING”. I reminded myself that I had smoked DMT approximately 3 seconds ago. DMT sounded very artificial, like a man-made chemical substance that kills people and is periodically mentioned on the news. But it tasted like orange…that seemed to me like a contradiction.

I look over to my friend who then took the pipe from me (I didn’t actually feel the pipe leaving my hand since I couldn’t feel my body at that point). I said to him, “I think I’ll lie down”. I remember thinking how weird I must look to my friends who were still sober but that negative feeling went away quickly.

Directly in front of me were curtains with a red/yellow pattern. As I brought my feet onto the bed and my head slowly tilted back, I watched as that pattern extended over the ceiling. No, it actually became the ceiling. I was no longer in the same room. In fact, I was not in a room at all. The idea of “square” and “rectangular” (standard shapes for a room) because abstract ideas. For the first time I truly understood what it meant to “think outside the box”.

I was still very scared. The almost immediate onset of the hallucinations was a lot for me to handle considering it was my first time with psychedelics. For a moment I was contemplating whether it was a good choice or not, "why did I do this to myself, why would I purposefully inhale a substance to make myself perceive the world like this. Was I not content being sober? I wish I could go back and choose not to do this” Then I realized that this was a completely natural substance. It is found almost everywhere in nature, even in our own brains! That calmed me down a lot. I could still feel my body a bit tensed due to my stress, so I let the DMT take control. It felt good, not because I felt better physically, but because I had the amazing feeling that I did not need worry about anything in the physical world anymore. I knew from that point forward my sole purpose was to observe and experience what was beginning to take place.

The red/yellow pattern was still above me, continuously folding into itself and ever-changing (red and yellow were always the predominant colors). I had a bit of trouble focusing in on the kaleidoscopic pattern because I suddenly became aware of a loud ringing sound. I’ve read a bunch of trip reports and remember it being present in many others’ experiences. “It’s so annoying”, I thought. At first it sounded like it was building up to something, like it would soon explode, but then I recognized it as a living thing. It was the DMT. The ringing spoke for the DMT and I understood that the DMT would only reveal Herself (I regarded it as a “she”) to me once I explored this strange new reality more (NOTE: I say “reveal Herself to me” because this trip was very personal, as if I was no longer in the “normal world” which is shared with everyone else. This world was my own, except that it did not belong to me. I was the only human inhabiting it). The ringing whispered from inside of me, although I heard it from outside of my body, “Don’t worry it will be alright. Close your eyes and let me guide you. I can show you the path.” I responded with my thoughts, “Does there have to be a path?” The DMT entity (still communicating through the ringing) smiled (I couldn’t see Her yet but I could feel that she was smiling) and I knew that I asked a good question. “You will see”, was all she told me. The distorted reality I was in slowly dissipated into black (i.e. my eyes were closing, but it felt much more intense than that). The ringing gradually became deeper and deeper until it was no longer audible. And then there was nothing.

Anyone not tripping on DMT would have described what I saw as “the color black and no sound”. Indeed, that is what I saw, but I felt (not physically) that there was nothing there at all. This color was only a background, absolutely unimportant, while the main event was to happen in front of it (the word that comes to mind that would describe this is “theater”). All of a sudden I heard the creaking of floorboards, which was unmistakably the result of my friends walking around. A low beating sound emerged from the darkness. “Is this the same ringing as before?” It was my heartbeat. It was really fast, and was quickening. I was disappointed. I thought about how inconsiderate those two were for walking around so noisily and interrupting. However, I was not in the least angry. I was happy about wanting to meet Her.

That thought resumed my trip as quickly as it was disrupted. My heartbeat kept beating faster and faster until it became one note, higher-pitched like the ringing from before. The sound seemed like it was about to explode again, building up towards something big. It was still there when my mind was abruptly confronted with the most wonderful colors I have ever seen. They moved very fast in a kaleidoscopic pattern. The colors stopped in a way so that the pattern resembled a Picasso-style face, very abstract (the face itself did not have eyes/a nose/a mouth in the wrong places like Picasso’s paintings would normally illustrate, but that’s how I thought of it). The word “abstract” was formed in bright and friendly colors. I thought of what the word meant, “not normal” came to mind. After a split-second of consideration I decided that it was not abstract because I was no longer capable of imagining a “normal” scenario. The face’s mouth opened and was in mid-sentence (I can’t remember what it said) when I heard one of my friends say, “I wonder if he broke through.” The other responded with, “no, I don’t think he did”. My eyes snapped open. The ringing was gone. The ceiling was there again (however it was yellow instead of white, which I thought was pretty cool). The curtains were off to the side, their pattern swirling slightly. I thought to myself, “I was about to breakthrough…Oh well, I might as well enjoy the rest of this while I still can”.

As it was dark outside, the only source of light was a small lamp to my right. It created shadows on the ceiling that transformed into dark tendrils. They slithered back and forth, staying in 2 dimensions, flat on the ceiling and never coming out at me. I attributed this to the fact that they must not have a mind of their own. They must simply be regular shadows that appear to be moving because of DMT. I knew that I was nearing the end. There was a ball hanging down from the ceiling (it was a light but was not turned on). It sparkled and spun. I wanted to look into it, like one would glance inside a crystal ball, but I was not able to. I was more aware of my surroundings now and did not see anything deeper than what I saw on the surface. I enjoyed the pleasant light show for what I guess was 2 minutes before one of my friends walked into the room and asked me if I was back. Since I could see my friend I figured that I was now sober again. Not quite. I asked, “How long has it been?” He told me 5-10 minutes. I realized I should have asked someone to time it. I said, “really? It went by so fast…” I turned over and held the pillow, remarking how soft and comfortable it was.

A few moments later I stood up and attempted to communicate what had happened. All I said was, “holy fuck” about three times and “that was amazing” about another five times. For the next 20 minutes or so I had a satisfying body high. I could walk normally and speak coherently (anything I said was me trying to let my friends know how crazy of an adventure it was) and I could not stop smiling! I was very happy about everything. I was in a good mood before I smoked, but afterwards I felt like I could accomplish anything! Furthermore, the aftertaste was pretty good, my lungs did not hurt and my throat did not feel parched, which is what tends to happen with weed.

It was now my friend’s turn. He was only able to take in 2 tokes, like me, but held them in a bit longer. He coughed a bunch, which I think really set the tone for his trip. He immediately said, “holy fuck”, and I saw his eyes widen in disbelief (probably at how fast the effects come on). He looked down and stared at a bucket we brought in case someone needed to throw up. I asked him if he was ok. He said, “I think I’m gonna throw up”. I reassured him without raising my voice too loudly, “it’s alright, just lie down”. He didn’t lie down. He sat on the edge of the bed staring at nothing in particular for a total of 5 minutes (I timed him). At one point the lamp randomly shut on and off 4 times. I suppose he was just unlucky. I considered myself to be lucky because the lamp could have done that during my trip as well. He returned to reality and expressed his amazement several times, “Fuck” becoming the most used word of the night. He was not as happy about the experience as I was, but was definitely intrigued by the effects and how powerful they were.

Now it was my other friend’s turn. After holding the lighter for him and making sure that he was fine (he took 3 really good tokes so I was concerned that he might throw up), I went into the other room, bringing along the friend who just finished, so we would not disturb him. I really didn’t want to interrupt, like what had happened to me. I felt that we should respect those doing this because it has the potential to be extremely meaningful. A few minutes later I heard some rustling so I noiselessly tiptoed down the hall and peeked into the room. My friend look up at me from the bed, smiling. Not wanting to impose on his journey, I smiled back and went back to the other room.

We conveyed our opinions about DMT (my friend mentioned that in his opinion, shrooms were 10 mph while this was 300mph!!) and promptly decided that it was something we certainly wanted to try again. I had to go back home early, but I wish I had could have stayed with them longer.

Note: If I was not rushed to go back home I have a strong feeling that the trip would have been tons more “revealing”. Notice how I repeatedly used the words “fast” and “quick” to describe events. Being interrupted by my friends also created this feeling of being rushed.

Advice: (Keep in mind I'm still a noob, so this is what I've gathered from this one experience alone)
- When breathing/holding in the smoke, try focusing on your surroundings and what is happening to them instead of the actual smoke.
- Remember that it ends after 5-15 minutes and that you will come out of it so there is no need to worry.
- A constant source of indirect light/sunlight. Give yourself time beforehand to mentally prepare, and afterwards to process what has happened. Keep in mind that the set/setting do affect your trip.
- Do not do this with friends unless:
o It your first time
o You are doing a dose that you are uncomfortable with
o You do it with a maximum of 2 friends (1 is most likely better) that you are very close with and who will not affect your trip in any way.
- Close your eyes if you want to breakthrough. Remove yourself from the physical world to truly experience what DMT has to offer.
- Respect this drug and others taking it because DMT is capable of much more than anything else you will have ever done in your life.

I hope to have another trip report in a week. Next time, I’ll use 30-40mg and dedicate a good portion of the day to the one occasion. My goal will be to hold in the smoke longer without coughing, to hopefully take 3 tokes, and to meet with “Her”, the powerful DMT entity that I was made aware of. Do you think it would be wise to play music (Shpongle!)? I’m not sure if it would keep me chained to the physical world or if it would guide me to a breakthrough (I’m thinking the latter). But at the same time, it would nonetheless influence what I see, and I want to successfully explore myself…

**Feedback please!! Does the post adhere to all of the rules/regulations? I beleieve it does, but if I missed something, then I'd appreciate if you let me know Very happy

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

rjb
#2 Posted : 9/26/2011 8:18:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful report. Thank you for writing it in such detail. Oh, and welcome Smile

For me, the music sounds annoying on DMT (even at a very low volume), so I chose not to play it anymore during my trips. Although I've only navigated with low doses so far (up to 20 - 25mg), so that may be a little subjective. Others seem to enjoy it. I think it's really personal preference.
The truth...lies within.

soulthatcreates
#3 Posted : 9/26/2011 8:43:42 AM

simply beautiful

Thank you for sharing brother!
Welcome to the Nexus! Smile
This, what I'm experiencing now, is a whole new level of my being.

Awakened
#4 Posted : 9/26/2011 2:45:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Andyman135 wrote:
General Info: “Don’t worry it will be alright. Close your eyes and let me guide you. I can show you the path.” I responded with my thoughts, “Does there have to be a path?” The DMT entity (still communicating through the ringing) smiled (I couldn’t see Her yet but I could feel that she was smiling) and I knew that I asked a good question. “You will see”, was all she told me.

Welcome! That sounds very much like my first recent trip, a felmale presense that was urging me onwards to find out the truth.

Next time I plan to meet with her longer.
I like to make things up, everything above is made up and not real, it is a story for my own amusement. Sorry if you felt mislead.

I normally have to edit my posts within a couple of minutes for prose, spelling and grammar. Just to let you know.

Andyman135
#5 Posted : 9/26/2011 5:37:23 PM
Andrew

@rjb
I guess I'll just have to try it with music and see what's right for me.

@soulthatcreates
Thank YOU for taking the time to comment and welcome me to the Nexus Very happy

@Awakened
I'm glad I'm not alone in what I saw/felt! I'm excited, yet nervous, about the thought of meeting her.

Hyperspace Fool
#6 Posted : 9/26/2011 5:55:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Impressive trip report.

Your perception is sharp and that will serve you well. Taking your time and not feeling rushed will make a big difference in being able to lock down what happened and assimilate it.

I am absolutely certain that you will be able to go very deep and bring back a lot of your experiences.

Music IMO is essential. This is a personal and subjective view, of course. It can do wonders to create a setting that makes you more comfortable... and entities dig music. Pleased Make sure that the music is something that makes you feel good and doesn't evoke any negative associations.

Peace Andyman.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

tetra
#7 Posted : 9/26/2011 6:20:15 PM

BaconBerry

I suggest you devote a night with DMT rather than a day. Night time is the right time.

Good report!
The Shift is About to Hit the Fan

thepureskunk
#8 Posted : 9/26/2011 7:52:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tetra wrote:
I suggest you devote a night with DMT rather than a day. Night time is the right time.

Good report!

I also prefer to trip alone...less distractions and you can truly 'let go'.

Keep those eyes shut also.

Nice report...Oh and welcome to Club Hyperspace Smile
acolon_5 wrote:
Welcome to club hypersex.

I've been there too...it is amazing.

Purges
#9 Posted : 9/27/2011 12:18:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice report there friend! I agree, all distractions must be kept to s minimum, any friends of mine are sent to a spare bedroom when I introduce them to spice, unless they specifically ask me to sit for them in the same room, as my girlfriend did. She too was shocked at just how fast it hit!

Good luck on future journeys, you have a lot more to discover!
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Andyman135
#10 Posted : 9/27/2011 5:02:57 AM
Andrew

Hyperspace Fool wrote:
entities dig music.

haha I'll keep that in mind Razz

@Purges
This coming weekend I'll be going for round 2. My friends and I agreed to leave the room after holding the pipe for whoever is up, problem solved!

Thanks everyone who left a comment, I appreciate the compliments as well!

╖CoffeeBlack&EggWhite╖
#11 Posted : 9/27/2011 8:07:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting, and DETAILED report my friend Smile I enjoyed reading it a lot.
Look into the picture... This is what I lived to be. This moment is the first time in my life I've found pure joy. Slide into the water, become one with the sea. Life seems so much smaller, Swim to the Moon.