We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I'll never vap DMT without Harmalas Options

Al Dimentiz
#1 Posted : 9/25/2011 5:10:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How I didn't try it before? I don't know.
I've been experimenting with sublingual harmalas (25-30mg) and then 20 min later I load my GVG with 20mg of spice and Wooooow!!!!!!!! So much different, so much better, more forgiven. It takes longer to peak, the plateau last longer, the peace of the experience is slower, and it takes longer to return to baseline.

But most important the experience feels more complete, like the harmalas were the missing parts of the puzzle to go deeper into the DMTSpace.

Now I know why the ayahusqueros say that you should always take your teacher and your light together.

Peace & Love

Al D.
"The Medicine Will Always Be There For Those Who Seek It"

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Hyperspace Fool
#2 Posted : 9/25/2011 5:26:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Al Dimentiz wrote:

How I didn't try it before? I don't know.
I've been experimenting with sublingual harmalas (25-30mg) and then 20 min later I load my GVG with 20mg of spice and Wooooow!!!!!!!! So much different, so much better, more forgiven. It takes longer to peak, the plateau last longer, the peace of the experience is slower, and it takes longer to return to baseline.

But most important the experience feels more complete, like the harmalas were the missing parts of the puzzle to go deeper into the DMTSpace.

Now I know why the ayahusqueros say that you should always take your teacher and your light together.

Peace & Love

Al D.

Yeah, it is awesome.

Just remember that as you increase the harmala intake, that you really do need to watch what else you eat or consume for the next 8 hours or more. It is really easy to forget you have diminished MAO functioning and do something innocuous like have a coffee, eat something fermented, or drink alcohol.

Everyone is different and our sensitivities are clearly not the same, but SWIM finds that even a sip of a caffeinated beverage makes him extremely uncomfortable for a while.

And never ever ever combine any MAO inhibition with prescription meds.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

jamie
#3 Posted : 9/25/2011 5:47:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

tyramine is broken down by MAO-B and not A. RIMA's like harmine, harmaline and THH effect only MAO-A. So cultured foods are fine. I have purposily eaten large ammounts miso and sour kraut while on harmalas to test this and never had a problem..I drink a sip of something caffinated though and that is a different story. For someone who seems more sensitive than alot of people to everything and can get away with lower doses often, the whole tyramine/RIMA thing does nothing to me.

Other psychoactives, meds etc you must be careful with though. And if you are using maoi's that effect MAO-B then you do need to really watch your intake of tyramine containing foods.
Long live the unwoke.

onethousandk
#4 Posted : 9/25/2011 6:05:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I assume this also works with simply drinking the MAIO portion of a ayahuasca mix? From your dosage amount it sounds like you're taking an extracted harmala. I assume 3g of boiled syrian rule would accomplish the same thing?

Al Dimentiz
#5 Posted : 9/25/2011 6:08:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@fractal; you are right, I haven't had any side effect from tyramine foods. But anyway my diet is pretty much tyramine free, except for some cheese now and then and some nuts. I mostly eat fruits and vegetables, fresh meat, 0 alcohol.

But I drink coffee every morning (1 strong cup). And I can feel the difference!!! One cup will keep me wired the entire day. And then, at night before going to bed I take my daily harmalas, and sometimes if I get the call I vap some D.

Also I don't take any herbal supplements or meds prescription or not.

Al Dimentiz
#6 Posted : 9/25/2011 6:17:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

onethousandk wrote:
I assume this also works with simply drinking the MAIO portion of a ayahuasca mix? From your dosage amount it sounds like you're taking an extracted harmala. I assume 3g of boiled syrian rule would accomplish the same thing?

Yes, I'm taking extracted harmalas that I got using the easy to follow Gibran2 Tek. But before that I was microdosing caapi tea everynight for depression with great results!!! I really don't think sipping tea has the same effects as sublingual extracted harmalas as far as Vaporising D. My guess is that the sublingual rute gets to the brain quicker.

Hyperspace Fool
#7 Posted : 9/25/2011 6:21:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
tyramine is broken down by MAO-B and not A. RIMA's like harmine, harmaline and THH effect only MAO-A. So cultured foods are fine. I have purposily eaten large ammounts miso and sour kraut while on harmalas to test this and never had a problem..I drink a sip of something caffinated though and that is a different story. For someone who seems more sensitive than alot of people to everything and can get away with lower doses often, the whole tyramine/RIMA thing does nothing to me.

Other psychoactives, meds etc you must be careful with though. And if you are using maoi's that effect MAO-B then you do need to really watch your intake of tyramine containing foods.

This is true. If you wanna play with Tribulus for example than tyramines become an issue. (Note: being an MAO B inhibitor, Tribulus doesn't potentiate DMT very well)

However, I wouldn't say that all fermented foods or cultures are innocuous with MAO A inhibition. You could still have problems with yeast or even somewhat spoiled foods if the RIMA is taken orally. Sublingual doesn't mess with the gut MAOs, going directly into the blood and fairly well targeting brain MAO A. But oral ingestion of MAO A inhibitors has caused subjective complications for SWIMs friends when combined with yeast. The symptoms of a candida infection manifested for at least one person he knows.

Furthermore, one should be careful with not only prescription SSRIs, but herbal ones as well. St. John's Wort for example is a no-no with MAO A inhibition. Even ginseng has some SSRI function.

Also, there are beta-carbolines that do inhibit MAO B. Not usually in the plants used for aya per se, but I believe norharman and norharmine inhibit the B MAO. (these are found in tobacco for instance)

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Hyperspace Fool
#8 Posted : 9/25/2011 6:24:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Al Dimentiz wrote:
onethousandk wrote:

Yes, I'm taking extracted harmalas that I got using the easy to follow Gibran2 Tek. But before that I was microdosing caapi tea everynight for depression with great results!!! I really don't think sipping tea has the same effects as sublingual extracted harmalas as far as Vaporising D. My guess is that the sublingual rute gets to the brain quicker.

Correct.

Tea must contend with all the MAO in your gut and unless taken in much larger doses will not make it to the brain to potentiate DMT.

tele
#9 Posted : 9/25/2011 9:54:37 AM
Explorer

Al,

I agree with you totally.

However, I'll never say never. when it comes to plain D.

But anyone who hasn't tried yet, make some caapi extract and do it sublingually before blasting off... If you don't want to work with lye, sodium carbonate works too.

Quote:
And then, at night before going to bed I take my daily harmalas,

May I ask, why do you take daily harmalas?