We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I feel like I did a good thing.. Options

actualfactual
#1 Posted : 9/24/2011 8:44:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not sure how much discussion this will generate, and it may be more of a blog post.

I have a friend who is 35 and recently lost everything. He is past broke and in a bad place mentally. Over the past few weeks I've been talking to him about his feelings and why he felt hopeless. He wanted to die. We had a long talk when I took him to get groceries today because he had no money.

After much deliberation, I brought him a hit of LSD today. He has never done any psychedelics. I didn't indulge and only acted as a sitter.

He was brought to tears with beauty, and we discussed many issues in his life. He briefly had an out of body experience and said he hasn't felt this comfortable in his entire life. He said "we are all one" without my saying anything of the such. He also said that material reality might not be reality.

He plans to quit drinking and doing cocaine and he found that is partly why he is in the situation he is in.

I also let him borrow my copy of The Spirit Molecule and told him to get back to me. I also gave him some light Zen/Advaita Vedanta reading.

I'm not usually one to offer psychedelics to others, but it seemed like synchronicity because I got a 5 strip just the other day after being unable to find anything for years.

I feel like I changed his life, at least in the short term. When I left, I told him not to forget the lessons, but to live them.

</blog>

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Global
#2 Posted : 9/24/2011 8:53:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

It sounds like you did a good thing. My brother was caught in a big depression two years ago which was being perpetuated by too much drinking and ecstasy. I gave him a hit of acid at a concert, and from that day forward he's been an incredibly more positive person, having seen the world in a completely different way, being able to see that life is beautiful.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

DoctorMantus
#3 Posted : 9/24/2011 9:50:16 PM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Yea you did the best thing you can do on this earth, Technically doing what you did makes you a healer my friend, we should be healing all, all the time whether they are bad or good.

I have noted that psychedelics have been proven to really help the people that may have problems with alcohol or people who just drink, alcohol is the most machismo substance ever made, i don't believe i will be offending anyone when i say alcohol attracts mostly meat-heads, for anyone i did offend i am sorry.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

Remember_me
#4 Posted : 9/25/2011 9:40:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Would you guys say this type of thing would happen more with acid than shrooms for example? Acid has been impossible to get a hold of and im just wondering.

And sounds like you did a good thing i hope he stays on his new path, the thing from global looks reassuring that it can help long term too.

corpus callosum
#5 Posted : 9/25/2011 12:19:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

I think the benefit of a decent psychedelic experience, for many (but clearly not all) is how, as House puts it, it allows one 'to wipe the slate clean' temporarily, and allows the realisation to dawn that perhaps we as individuals are worth more than the fuck-up we've made of our lives.

But the lasting benefit can only come through the integration process.

I also think that alcohol attracts all-comers who use it regularly, meat-head or not, simply because its so readily accessible.But those who dont 'broaden their horizons' ,as it were, with other substances are missing a heck of alot.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

olympus mon
#6 Posted : 9/25/2011 10:09:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

actualfactual wrote:
Not sure how much discussion this will generate, and it may be more of a blog post.

I have a friend who is 35 and recently lost everything. He is past broke and in a bad place mentally. Over the past few weeks I've been talking to him about his feelings and why he felt hopeless. He wanted to die. We had a long talk when I took him to get groceries today because he had no money.

After much deliberation, I brought him a hit of LSD today. He has never done any psychedelics. I didn't indulge and only acted as a sitter.

He was brought to tears with beauty, and we discussed many issues in his life. He briefly had an out of body experience and said he hasn't felt this comfortable in his entire life. He said "we are all one" without my saying anything of the such. He also said that material reality might not be reality.

He plans to quit drinking and doing cocaine and he found that is partly why he is in the situation he is in.

I also let him borrow my copy of The Spirit Molecule and told him to get back to me. I also gave him some light Zen/Advaita Vedanta reading.

I'm not usually one to offer psychedelics to others, but it seemed like synchronicity because I got a 5 strip just the other day after being unable to find anything for years.

I feel like I changed his life, at least in the short term. When I left, I told him not to forget the lessons, but to live them.

</blog>

thats really a beautiful thing you just did actualfactual. this is what the human experience is all about. im very moved by your post. thank you.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Xt
#7 Posted : 9/26/2011 5:34:26 PM

This is what i would call the good work. Its a big responsibility, these situations where we are called upon to help others. Thank you kindly for your actions. Its truly a strange moment in time for us as a species, there is much work to be done.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

wet_rabbit
#8 Posted : 9/27/2011 4:19:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mos definitely did some good work there. Personally stopped drinking myself through the help of mushrooms and the personal strength and responsibility they gave me. What you did, even if the poor guy doesn't get through it, even if things don't work, at least you gave him a few hours of hope and strength and beauty. You helped him feel whole and part of the world at a time when he wanted only to escape it. If only we could do these things openly, more people would receive this kind of help when they need it.
You'll never take me alive coppers!

Unfold
#9 Posted : 9/27/2011 6:43:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You did something I wish could be done on a very large scale. I always tell my friend, if everyone in the world took a hit of acid, what would the world be like then?

New rank for you: Healer Razz