We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Canadian Seizure of Bark from Brazil Options

DudeMeetTyler
#1 Posted : 9/23/2011 1:38:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A friend ordered some (5 kg) powdered bark from adenium in late June of this year.

... with increasing publicity earlier in the year in other countries he figured it best to get it while its hot so to speak, and stock up before they started seizing it here, in Canada.... so much for that thought Sad ...

Some weeks later, after it not arriving, he inquired to adenium and they told him via the tracking number it was showing up in customs in Mississauga (,Ont).

There has been no notice of seizure or anything and he is unclear what to do...

I say leave it, but he has called numerous times to no avail and has now given up.

So a few questions...

Are there any reputable Canadian suppliers? (my friend ordered from within Canada before but cant find the same vendor now)
- anyone used ethnogarden? there prices are crazy but if its within canada it seems less heaty

Would whole bark pieces be seized coming across as well?

Would a smaller package be more likely to make it through customs than a larger one?

... any guidance would be greatly appreciated

"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be a sorry state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny"

"My orders were to test the drug...It works" Bass Association by Far Too Loud

Profile Picture by David Aronson, http://www.alchemicalwedding.com/index.html

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jamie
#2 Posted : 9/23/2011 2:19:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I ordered 2 kilos from a supplier that carries adenium bark and it came a few days ago, and it was checked by customs. I really dont understand all of these problems becasue customs checked it and it was even powdered. I am in BC though.
Long live the unwoke.

DudeMeetTyler
#3 Posted : 9/23/2011 2:35:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Where was the bark from? (he ordered it from right from adenium (brazil), not sure if that would make any difference?)
"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be a sorry state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny"

jamie
#4 Posted : 9/23/2011 2:42:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

adenium is not even shipping to canada anymore apparentlty..anyway check your PM's, I dont want to mention much abotu vendors outside of the suppliers section.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#5 Posted : 9/23/2011 2:45:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

btw..DO NOT USE ETHNOGARDEN. They are a hoorible vendor and cannot be trusted. They have the worst track record. Minxx even ordered over $700 worth of stuff from them once and never recieved any of it and they never responded back. Forget them..dont even bother.
Long live the unwoke.

DudeMeetTyler
#6 Posted : 9/23/2011 3:18:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, just checked adenium and as of an update this month (22 sept 2011)

"- We will not ship any more to AU, UK, Scandinavia nor to Canada."

.. is it just me or does it seems strange it was just updated today Wink

jamie
#7 Posted : 9/23/2011 3:27:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

there was a thread a week or 2 ago about adenium not shipping to canada..I dont think this is a new thing as in like it just happened today. I still dont understand if it is just an issue with mimosa shipped from brazil or what..becasue if they are seizing mimosa at the border, then why did they not take mine last week after it was checked by customs?..especially when it was powdered bark..Wut?

..or is it just an east coast thing?..I have yet to hear of anything like this going on on the west coast.

I know that here in vancouver there are entheo shops I can just walk into and buy mimosa, but it is way overpriced..I can get over a kilo online for less than the price of 100g in a shop here..
Long live the unwoke.

DudeMeetTyler
#8 Posted : 9/23/2011 3:54:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

my apologies for missing that thread...

according to that thread there are also shops that one can walk into and purchase these sorts of things here in Ontario as well.. but are as overly priced..

ya it doesnt seem to make sense that it would be seized here and not there. especially if its its the same product, different source.. who knows Confused ... doesnt seem like they know either if its still making it in occasionally from various sources

Metanoia
#9 Posted : 9/23/2011 6:27:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've also sent a PM your way Dude Pleased

Apoc
#10 Posted : 9/23/2011 7:20:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DudeMeetTyler wrote:
according to that thread there are also shops that one can walk into and purchase these sorts of things here in Ontario as well.. but are as overly priced..

According to which thread?

DudeMeetTyler
#11 Posted : 9/23/2011 2:54:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This thread

.. some give examples of shops in Toronto who carry bark, though their websites dont give prices

haxxorz
#12 Posted : 9/23/2011 10:47:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

maybe they are waiting for lab result before proceeding? thinking it might be a drugs smuggling technique? just a thought... a bag of powder is suspicious on its own i guess, in their eyes its probably worthy to analyze it.