We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
I believe freebase dmt can hurt you Options

finding0
#1 Posted : 9/21/2011 11:18:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As we know dmt can be hard on the lungs. Swim at one point was taking it about 6 times a day for a few months. His lung capacity became very poor. He became chronicly fatigued.He had a strong pulse 3 inches below his left nipple with chronic pain in the same spot.Large veins appeared in the back of his throat.Swim did as well at one point smoke tainted dmt which could very well play a roll in this. Swim stopped dmt for about 1.5 years and started back up again recently with pure product and the symptoms have returned though.I believe that to much freebase dmt smoking can cause drug induced pulmonary vascular disease which can lead to heart failure if not treated. It is known in the medical community that freebasing to much cocaine can do this. Of course smoking anything is bad for you. But people seem to have a strong sense of dmt being perfectly safe which for the most part it is. Just do not go over board with it. Everything I am saying is food for thought and may be something that the community should be aware of. There is no proof though. Everything in moderation. Take care of your self everyone Smile

Drug induced pulmonary vascular disease
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih....pmc/articles/PMC1306919/
*Any time The word "I" is used by this account it is referring to a fictional character *

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

gibran2
#2 Posted : 9/21/2011 11:28:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Smoking anything six times a day is probably going to do damage to your body over time. I’d recommend using a vaporizer such as the GVG, but even pure, clean DMT vapor inhaled that often is probably going to do damage.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

finding0
#3 Posted : 9/21/2011 11:30:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
Smoking anything six times a day is probably going to do damage to your body over time. I’d recommend using a vaporizer such as the GVG, but even pure, clean DMT vapor inhaled that often is probably going to do damage.

Well yes, I stated that. But a lot of people seem to think it is COMPLETELY safe. I feel this is something that should be brought up. Health and safety are important
*Any time The word "I" is used by this account it is referring to a fictional character *

bill
#4 Posted : 9/21/2011 11:35:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

finding0 wrote:
gibran2 wrote:

Well yes, I stated that. But a lot of people seem to think it is COMPLETELY safe. I feel this is something that should be brought up. Health and safety are important

Well, it can be argued that is the user and not the drug if proper vaping technique comes into play. I honestly don't know though and this is just speculation.

proto-pax
#5 Posted : 9/21/2011 11:36:56 PM

bird-brain

vaping dmt 6 times a day speaks more to me about the dangers of a lifestyle rather than a drug.

blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

۩
#6 Posted : 9/21/2011 11:49:33 PM

Despite all that,
There's nothing that makes me feel as good
as a vaporized dose of N,N-DMT

give and take. live and love.

Global
#7 Posted : 9/21/2011 11:56:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

proto-pax wrote:
vaping dmt 6 times a day speaks more to me about the dangers of a lifestyle rather than a drug.

I agree. I used to do it several times a day pretty often, but continually doing it six times a day borders on abuse, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that abusing something can have negative side effects. Perhaps I was abusing it for a while too, but any discomfort with the lungs would be pretty temporary, lasting perhaps only up to an hour max after the experience if at all.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

finding0
#8 Posted : 9/22/2011 12:01:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
proto-pax wrote:

I agree. I used to do it several times a day pretty often, but continually doing it six times a day borders on abuse, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that abusing something can have negative side effects. Perhaps I was abusing it for a while too, but any discomfort with the lungs would be pretty temporary, lasting perhaps only up to an hour max after the experience if at all.

Yes, I at one point was addicted to hyperspace. It was a very tough time in my life and I was using dmt to escape. But that excessive amount taught me there is nothing to escape from because all is me

fourthripley
#9 Posted : 9/22/2011 12:09:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I remember, I can't recall where, T. Mckenna stating that he'd smoked DMT maybe thirty times in his life.
mistakes were made

DeMenTed
#10 Posted : 9/22/2011 1:13:57 AM

Barry

Oxygen ages us and kills us in the end, maybe we should stop breathing? Health and safety Pleased

finding0
#11 Posted : 9/22/2011 2:26:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DeMenTed wrote:
Oxygen ages us and kills us in the end, maybe we should stop breathing? Health and safety Pleased

That is true, same with food. Ultimately we die. But if your going by that logic that you state then its ok to run out in front of a car for fun or drink bleach.But if being reckless and not caring is ones desire in life experience who am i to ay that is right or wrong. I don't believe in good or bad. I live by the experience of universal unity . I made this post to bring awareness to others who may be ignorant to the fact that if they use dmt to much they COULD be hurting them self with out knowing. If you care about the quality of your life's duration then it is advisable to be aware of what you put in your body does to you.

Ice House
#12 Posted : 9/22/2011 3:03:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Eat right stay fit die anyway.

You gotta pick and choose your battles.

Priorities......

Smoking is bad for you

Sex can kill you.

Drinking alcohol is really bad for you.

OMFG what to do..........

Eat right stay fit die anyway.

Ever try pharma?

DeMenTed wrote:

LOL!!!!

۩ said
Quote:
Despite all that,
There's nothing that makes me feel as good
as a vaporized dose of N,N-DMT

give and take. live and love

Well said ۩

Amen Brother, amen.

Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

tele
#13 Posted : 9/22/2011 10:26:48 AM
Explorer

Well if you heat it with too much of a temperature, it will obviously be harsh to your lungs and throat.
The key is proper vaporization device and tecnique. I have also noticed that white spice is slightly smoother than the yellow one.

Personally I wouldn't vaporize DMT if the vapor would be too harsh, it would obviously be bad for me.
So proper temperature is the key

rOm
#14 Posted : 9/22/2011 10:55:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Finding0, thanks for bringing up your experience.
However in the health and safety section, it's been written on stone that we don't want "reckless exposition to dmt and extractions", your case is a very typical one of reckless self exposition to dmt-smoked.
I believe smoking even leaves of slavia that often from bongs will likely damage your lungs at best.
So yeah as Ice House and House said, you can choose your weapons as long as you do'nt turn them against you.
maybe it's time for you to move on and try oral or do oral spice only pharma style or aya style if your lungs are traumatized by abusing them.

Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

DeMenTed
#15 Posted : 9/22/2011 12:01:48 PM

Barry

finding0 wrote:
DeMenTed wrote:

That is true, same with food. Ultimately we die. But if your going by that logic that you state then its ok to run out in front of a car for fun or drink bleach.But if being reckless and not caring is ones desire in life experience who am i to ay that is right or wrong. I don't believe in good or bad. I live by the experience of universal unity . I made this post to bring awareness to others who may be ignorant to the fact that if they use dmt to much they COULD be hurting them self with out knowing. If you care about the quality of your life's duration then it is advisable to be aware of what you put in your body does to you.

If anyone isn't aware that smoke or vapour could cause damage to their lungs then they aren't using their brain properly.

tele
#16 Posted : 9/22/2011 12:07:13 PM
Explorer

DeMenTed wrote:

If anyone isn't aware that smoke or vapour could cause damage to their lungs then they aren't using their brain properly.

Sure, except that vapor causes much less damage than smoke.

DeMenTed
#17 Posted : 9/22/2011 12:10:22 PM

Barry

very true tele Smile

MeatMachine
#18 Posted : 9/22/2011 12:27:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rOm wrote:
Finding0, thanks for bringing up your experience.
However in the health and safety section, it's been written on stone that we don't want "reckless exposition to dmt and extractions", your case is a very typical one of reckless self exposition to dmt-smoked.
I believe smoking even leaves of slavia that often from bongs will likely damage your lungs at best.
So yeah as Ice House and House said, you can choose your weapons as long as you do'nt turn them against you.
maybe it's time for you to move on and try oral or do oral spice only pharma style or aya style if your lungs are traumatized by abusing them.

I think finding0's point was that regardless of how obvious it is that abuse can harm you, there is very little documented about the dangers of smoking freebase DMT - In the Health and Safety section of this site, 'frequent use abuse' is only addressed very briefly and in practically no detail.

I think it's important that information regarding the physical affects of inhaling this stuff regularly is made widely available.

It's easy for everyone here to say 'oh yeah well OBVIOUSLY if you ABUSE something you're going to get unwanted side-effects', but for some people it's not so obvious where the line of 'abuse' actually lies, and with so many thousands of people in the world potentially using DMT, potentially thinking it's 'perfectly safe' as many people seem to think, it's only a matter of time before someone chugs the stuff constantly and dies of a heart attack.

And we don't want someone's grotesque, vascular corpse all over a front page explaining how DMT is killing our nation's youth!

Dr Psychonaut
#19 Posted : 9/22/2011 12:49:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I think it's important that information regarding the physical affects of inhaling this stuff regularly is made widely available.

I agree with this as there have been no studies looking at the harm potential of smoked DMT freebase. All studies done with DMT previously I believe used DMT fumarate and were used IM or IV. It would be great if some light was shed on this subject, but until then I guess we'll just have to use common sense and assume that smoking/vaping anything can potentially damage your lungs/throat irreversibly. Listen to your body and if it it feels like it is doing damage then moderate use or stop for awhile.

Just out of curiosity I wonder did the original poster not ever suffer bad experiences in hyperspace which informed you to limit your use either for physical or psychological health reasons? As for about 2 months I was smoking freebase everyday and began to have some dark trips that eventually led to a horrific trip which I feel told me to take a serious break from DMT. Many have said that anyone who uses DMT this way is more or less guaranteed this type of experience so wonder if you had anything of this type?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All events described in any posts by Dr Psychonaut are entirely fictitious and for educational purposes only.

tele
#20 Posted : 9/22/2011 12:58:09 PM
Explorer

MeatMachine wrote:

I think finding0's point was that regardless of how obvious it is that abuse can harm you, there is very little documented about the dangers of smoking freebase DMT - In the Health and Safety section of this site, 'frequent use abuse' is only addressed very briefly and in practically no detail.

It's easy for everyone here to say 'oh yeah well OBVIOUSLY if you ABUSE something you're going to get unwanted side-effects', but for some people it's not so obvious where the line of 'abuse' actually lies, and with so many thousands of people in the world potentially using DMT, potentially thinking it's 'perfectly safe' as many people seem to think, it's only a matter of time before someone chugs the stuff constantly and dies of a heart attack.

And we don't want someone's grotesque, vascular corpse all over a front page explaining how DMT is killing our nation's youth!

It's important to notice that temperature of vaporization/smoking plays big role in the matter of possible side effects.
If one SMOKES dmt, not vaporizing, it will obviously be horrible, I wouldn't even try it. Therefore if one would look into the subject of daily use, then there should be noted the smoking device and temperature of vaporization, as it plays huge role. Heck, even with GVG and too much temperature the vapor is very harsh. After I learned to adjust the temperature properly, it's incredibly smooth vapor that one can inhale like almost oxygenVery happy

123NEXT»