We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Machine elves: classifying and identifying them and their nature Options

Dr Psychonaut
#1 Posted : 9/20/2011 10:23:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have often seen machine elf-type beings in my DMT trips and have a tremendous deal of curiosity about exactly what/who they are and what they might be trying to show us. I have just finished reading ‘Astral Plane: Its scenery, inhabitants and phenomena’ by C.W. Leadbeater (an early 20th century theosophist) and I was fascinated to find a description that for me had significant similarities to what I have experienced of the elves and what a lot of Terrence Mckenna’s descriptions of them along with posts on the nexus seem to say. Here are key excerpts from the book:

These nature-spirits are known in popular language by many names – fairies, pixies, elves, trolls, goblins, etc. – some of these titles being only applied to one variety, and others indiscriminately to all.... Their forms are many and various, but most frequently human in shape and somewhat diminutive in size......Under ordinary conditions they are not visible to physical sight at all, but they have the power of making themselves so by materialization when they wish to be seen...

There are an immense number of subdivisions or races among them, and individuals differ in intelligence and disposition precisely as human beings do.... instances are not wanting in which nature-spirits have as it were made friends with human beings and offered them such assistance as lay in their power. This helpful attitude however is comparatively rare, and in most cases when they come into contact with man they either show indifference or dislike, or else take an impish delight in deceiving him and playing childish tricks upon him.... practical joking and silly though usually good-natured horse-play... They are greatly assisted in their tricks by the wonderful power they possess of casting a glamour over those who yield themselves to their influence, so that victims for the time see and hear only what these fairies impress upon them, exactly as the mesmerised subject sees, hears, feels, and believes whatever the magnetizer wishes.....

We stand so entirely outside such a life as theirs that it is impossible for us to understand much about its conditions; but it appears on the whole to be a simple, joyous, irresponsible kind of existence, such as a party of happy children might lead among exceptionally favourable physical surroundings...Some among the many subdivisions of this class are much less childlike and more dignified than those we have been describing.... such entities would be quite sensible of the flattery involved in the reverence shown to them, enjoy it, and are usually quite ready to do any small service they can in return.

For me a lot of the description seemed to match quite well what I have experienced of them. Particularly when they talk of their ability to cast a glamour over us, as whenever I have seen the elves all I can do is stare in awe as if I am indeed being glamoured. For me they never seem pesky though, instead seeming sincere and helpful, but have read many accounts and heard reports from friends of them playing practical jokes in hyperspace, though never maliciously. Leadbeater’s description of them (if indeed these are interpreted to be machine elves) implies that the majority of the time they are simply glamouring us then playing funny jokes on us for their own amusement. So when they are showing us these marvellous inventions and trying to wow us with these things ‘look at THIS!’, perhaps this is all a good-natured prank of playing on our naivety and having fun in the process, rather than bigger messages of the future of our evolution etc. Though they do sometimes offer a hand to humans Leadbeater says, so perhaps sometimes they are trying to help us in some way.

I’d love to hear what others think about this description and how much it rings true for their experiences with elf/fairy/pixie-like beings encountered in hyperspace. I also highly recommend any avid psychonaut read this book as it provides a very objective and scientific approach to the astral plane and its inhabitants.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All events described in any posts by Dr Psychonaut are entirely fictitious and for educational purposes only.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Super Radical
#2 Posted : 9/20/2011 11:00:35 PM

Poop Giggle

Whenever I've seen the elves they've either been giving me random things in sub-breakthrough doses, teasing me, or coming out of the woodwork at the end or beginning of a trip. They have a personality definitely, they seem playful and fun, but they will tease you when your tripping.

There are some things.

Hyperspace Fool
#3 Posted : 9/20/2011 11:44:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dr. P

I spent some time compiling a kind of taxonomy field guide for Hyperspace Entities a while back for the Hyperspace Lexicon. There is a thread for comments about it here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=25020

I put the inclusion of the material up to a vote, and intended to wait a couple weeks for feedback before including it in the Lexicon. A fellow poster became enthused with the stuff and went ahead and added it basically right away, but the thread is still open to comments and opinions about the info there. I would be interested to hear your feelings on the categorization schema.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

DoctorMantus
#4 Posted : 9/21/2011 1:02:10 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Dr Psychonaut wrote:
Particularly when they talk of their ability to cast a glamour over us, as whenever I have seen the elves all I can do is stare in awe as if I am indeed being glamoured.

You cant always just stare in awe, they are probably trying to communicate to you, if you read Terence Mckenna you would know one important thing, PAY ATTENTION!!
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

TimePantry
#5 Posted : 9/21/2011 8:57:07 AM

It's a field.

I finally actually met a machine elf last week. I think. But even so it wasn't something I saw exactly. I guess I will encounter the more exotic fauna when I am ready or something? My visits to hyperspace have for the most part been solitary.

The main reason I'm an animist is because I have more direct personal experience with folletti (nature spirits or elementals) than with anything else not human. But that's on this plane, heh.
"What's wrong with that generation? ... Is this what comes of putting on Pink Floyd laser lightshows down at the Planetarium?" --Spider Robinson

Dr Psychonaut
#6 Posted : 9/21/2011 11:59:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Dr. P

I spent some time compiling a kind of taxonomy field guide for Hyperspace Entities a while back for the Hyperspace Lexicon. There is a thread for comments about it here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=25020

I was unaware this existed! Just having a read of it now looks like a very comprehensive list that is perfect to help explain to the hyperspace traveller who he may come into contact with. Nice work!

Quote:
You cant always just stare in awe, they are probably trying to communicate to you, if you read Terence Mckenna you would know one important thing, PAY ATTENTION!!

If only it were that easy DoctorMantus! This being glamoured for me makes it almost impossible to do anything other than stare in awe at their gestures no matter how hard I try to interact with them. Have you managed to communicate with the elves? If so how?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All events described in any posts by Dr Psychonaut are entirely fictitious and for educational purposes only.

Dr Psychonaut
#7 Posted : 9/21/2011 12:24:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After reading your new wiki addition to entities Hyperspace Fool I wonder in your extensive experience how often you have come into dark beings/entities? Have you seen enough of them to expand the wiki further to include these as I feel they are often left out/ignored as many travellers might rather dismiss their existence. As you may have read in some of my posts I met quite a few in my last dozen or so trips.

3rdI
#8 Posted : 9/21/2011 1:03:35 PM

veni, vidi, spici

DoctorMantus wrote:

I think the paying attention thing is important, if i remember correctly it was also TM who said that the entities told him not to be amazed and to observe what was going on(or something along those lines).

Im new to The Other Place but recently i had my first break through experience, since then i have dropped the dose a little and tried really hard to concentrate on what is happening and tried to avoid just being amazed by the madness.

This has made a huge difference to what i am experiencing, things have begun to come out of the proverbial wood work. I am seeing the entities now and i can make more sense of what was once just madness, the doses are lower but last weekend i rode a dragon, went to the circus, helped a giant tree women hold up the universe, watched a cook off in a jamaican kitchen, sat on a giant thrown and watched existence unfold on giant plasma screens and flew around a medievil castle as knights feasted and snakes tried to eat me.

I feels like my conciousness has been altered to a high level and i am now able to make much more sense of lower dose experiences, infact i feel that it has made them stronger or at least more intricate, i have found that the things i felt were there but coulndt see are now visable, as if the glamour that i experienced before is now fading slightly.

last weekend was the first time i have encountered entities and there seemed to be different types but i couldnt make out the differences between them, hopefully they will become clearer as i get more accustomed to the experience and i can relate them to the different beings which others encounter.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Hyperspace Fool
#9 Posted : 9/21/2011 4:17:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dr Psychonaut wrote:
After reading your new wiki addition to entities Hyperspace Fool I wonder in your extensive experience how often you have come into dark beings/entities? Have you seen enough of them to expand the wiki further to include these as I feel they are often left out/ignored as many travellers might rather dismiss their existence. As you may have read in some of my posts I met quite a few in my last dozen or so trips.

SWIM has encountered numerous dark or "demonic" entities. He doesn't tend to associate with them, and mostly they don't come around him. There was a time earlier on in his development where he was beseiged by some on a few seperate occasions... most notably after he had visited dark places (i.e. ancient ruins where human sacrifice was performed).

He overcame what seemed to be spiritual life and death assaults by letting go of his own defense and affirming his absolute trust in the highest good. While in lesser encounters with bad guys, he was able to defend himself just fine (pretty serious warrior complex as a youth). However, when the big boys came for him, all he could do was call upon the Universe (G*d, Super Consciousness, Creation Itself... whatever you wanna call it). The Universe never let him down. Though on one occasion that sticks out in his mind, he almost immediately forgot who saved his ass and began feeling smug and ego boosted... until a friendly archangel reminded him of how idiotic and puny he was.

Anyway, I chose not to address dark entities in my posting. I am adverse to giving any attention to things I don't want to feed. Perhaps there should be a thread on how to deal with them though... A kind of Nexus version of the "Defense Against The Dark Arts" class in the Harry Potter books. Pretending they don't exist is not a solution.

The best thing is to clean & clear your heart, mind, soul and space VERY well. When you have scrubbed it shiny... scrub it again. Be a good person. Forgive yourself and the rest of creation. Whatever you do, do not act upon any attraction that such entities might have for you. Hang around with the light beings (and the indifferents who recognize no distinction) and the dark guys will avoid you. This is because the dark is not equal to the light.

There is no war between dark & light. A lot of worldviews act like the dark and light are evenly matched and there is some uncertainty of the outcome if they clash. Hehehehe. The Light IS ALL, and includes the dark. Light is reality and darkness is merely shadow. An illusion that is caused by something getting between you and the source. In the Plato's cave analogy, that thing casting shadows on the wall... is you. (with your back turned to the light)

Anyhow, since SWIM highly advises to avoid any perceived dark forces, he finds no good reason to ennumerate their diabolical shapes and personalities.

When in doubt trust your highest self, the holy spirit, any guardian angels that might be around. Toss any ego baggage you might be carrying, toss any negative emotions that might attract them to feed on you... and become a humble vessel for light. You will be fine.

SWIM has actually had the experience of dark entities coming to him submissively and asking for his help in being returned to light... this is profound but difficult work. Very hard to do without feeding one's ego. Better not seek out such experiences, and if they come to you... do as you are guided to do by your guides.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Global
#10 Posted : 9/21/2011 6:50:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

On a few rare occasions, I've noticed their prankish behavior. One time it was like, they'd get me to look one way, so they could slap me in the face the other way and start laughing.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Dr Psychonaut
#11 Posted : 9/21/2011 7:05:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
He overcame what seemed to be spiritual life and death assaults by letting go of his own defense and affirming his absolute trust in the highest good. While in lesser encounters with bad guys, he was able to defend himself just fine (pretty serious warrior complex as a youth). However, when the big boys came for him, all he could do was call upon the Universe (G*d, Super Consciousness, Creation Itself... whatever you wanna call it). The Universe never let him down. Though on one occasion that sticks out in his mind, he almost immediately forgot who saved his ass and began feeling smug and ego boosted... until a friendly archangel reminded him of how idiotic and puny he was.

I find this information very reassuring as having recently had an experience so horrific that I thought I would never use DMT ever again, it is nice to know it does not always have to end out the way it did for me. After hearing such affirming stories I have decided that I will just be taking a break from DMT use, and when I resume use I will follow the advice I have been given strictly.

Quote:
Anyway, I chose not to address dark entities in my posting. I am adverse to giving any attention to things I don't want to feed. Perhaps there should be a thread on how to deal with them though... A kind of Nexus version of the "Defense Against The Dark Arts" class in the Harry Potter books. Pretending they don't exist is not a solution.

I understand where you're coming from, but do think it would be useful for somewhere on the nexus to at least mention the existence of them and why they should be avoided. Certain explorers lacking some degree of common sense (ahem...myself) might believe that all entities seen in hyperspace are unable to cause one harm (psychologically), and might naively think that if they treat these entities with loving kindness they will be safe. For instance if I had read some warnings about the potential conequences of interacting with dark entities I would certainly have made more effort to avoid them. I found for me they also had way of pulling me in, so a stern warning given on the nexus might be strong enough to will someone upon first meeting one not to get sucked in as I was. Then again, perhaps these experiences are necessary for our growth.... Once again, thanks for your wisdom Smile

Global
#12 Posted : 9/22/2011 12:02:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I was contemplating this whole "dark entity" thing for a couple days now, before reading this thread. A couple days ago I took acid. Any time I take acid, I like to smoke DMT if convenient (it was). I loaded up the GVG and took two hits. I had this entity sort of forming all around me, almost like cuddling but creepy. I began to sense that it might be negative in some way. Even though I had my eyes closed, when I lifted my arms to reach around me, I could very clearly feel the entity as a warm, fuzzy, magnetic presence. I tried shooing him away with my hands, but I couldn't tell if it was working. I was reading Peter Gorman's "Ayahuasca in my Blood" last month, and he talks about brujeria and the steps he would go through to counter it by using florida water and mapacho smoke and whatnot. I too was hoping for a sort of similar "defense against the dark arts" kinda class Laughing
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb