We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
IS IT A FLOOD DOSE IF RELIEVES PAWs BUT YOU NEVER 'BREAK ON THRU'? My mixed iboga experiences Options

slowryder
#1 Posted : 9/20/2011 9:35:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hi all.
only jus registered to site, tho i've breezed thru as guest many times. A li'l background info: i am 34, i've been a general druggy i guess from about 13 before spending last ten yrs getting lost in heroin habit. After my 1st iboga session when my head began to clear i stopped perceiving narcotics as fun, mysterious or romantic. I feel like i've sold my soul to drugs + now i've to work towards trying to steal it back or something. I want to change nearly everything about my life, but man it's hard! The spiritual, personal insights that I gained after that 1st iboga session have never left me + it showed me a glimpse of the person I could/should be. It was extremely theraputic + I have been trying to have a similar experience since because I feel i'm in a rut, hopelessly lacking drive + loosing the focus neccessary to make all the real life changes that i crave. I have a real interest in entheogens + have been experimenting with psilocybin + ayahuasca mixes but iboga I feel has the most to offer me right now. I have tried to have a flood dose 4 times now but only the 1st has been particuarly significant or profound. I have spent alot of money + presume the explanation lies in the dosage but i'd like to try to find out if I have high tolerance or not used high enough dose to 'break through'.

Last thursday I took 3.5g iboga 60% TA from popular dutch vendor. I don't know how this equates to mg ibogaine / kg bodyweight. Would be really great if anyone could help me there. I explained that my last 2 sessions had consisted mainly of feeling bored, crazy hungry + the moments when I was feeling little bit trippy i'd be thinking, annalyzing, wondering hmmm am I starting to trip, is this it...no visions, no insights, not exactly overwelming. The vendor assured me that for 10 stone guy whos no longer addicted, 3.5g was strong flood dose. Alas, again the physical toil just didn't seem to justify the experience. The 1st time I experienced real sense of ego loss for 1st time ever, this time, like twice previously I felt bored, anticipating moment when could tear head from pillow, get up + eat!!! Unfortunately, I do not know proper doseages that i've taken in previous sessions.

First time, with Sara Glatt she gave me one sample capsule that produced mild euphoria and loud audible buzzing followed by around maybe 30 capsules that I presume to have been a total alkaloid extract. When I lay down, eyes closed it felt like I was off on a magic carpet orbiting thru the cosmos. It was intense, + felt very personal. All the shooting streams of light like in star wars when flying thru speed of light or whatever where thoughts or memories from my head + I had ability to grab one at random and explore it in esquisit detail. Then around 3rd mb 4th day the real revelation came! I found that iboga could possibly gimme bac my life not just give me breathing space from my addiction. Originally I anticipated it relieving PAWs + give me new chance to let me use sociably but not get habit again(yea that ol' chestnut, lol!) After that 1st experience I felt like my thoughts had been sorted out + refiled, the destructive or childish ones planked away, the constructive positive ones filed up at the front. I was so positive + upbeat, it was unreal. In my mind i felt ready..! However, I was sick still. The runny nose sneezing + leg cramps n' pains probably a remaining echo of withdrawl, but as great as I felt from neck up, my body was sooo weak, I mean it was pathetic. At the time I blamed it on fact i'd been recklessly shooting methadrone type research chemicals daily for months prior. Mb some type blood poisoning? Could ny1 offer their thoughts on this, please, as i've never even heard of other junkies taking so long to recover. By time I could walk properly near month(!) later my general well being had run its course. It was frustrating having energy in yr mind, having insomnia + sense of restlessness, wanting to go change yr life NOW, having strong desire go take up thai chi, run on beach, all the things that never would normally appeal to you but being too fuct phycically to walk to end of street! After weeks of frustration I used a little to help sleep, aches, but really to get high.

After this I chipped a bit, using more days than not till I chastised myself got some iboga TA + tried repeat process. The TA came from friend already in capsules this time who said take all 50 caps! I knew this was more than 1st time but obviously slightly weaker extract i presumed. There was not as much purging as 1st time (ALOT!), physically hard, but although had only smallest habit, WD symptoms i'd say were less than 10% of what shud'v been. but no visions, insights or seratonin overload afterwards. Buzzing sound was also either quiet/not noticable. My friend has given me misguided dose i thought to myself.

I never made the neccessary changes + drifted bac towards gear, eventually getting nasty habit at start of last yrs big heroin drought. Hard few months staying well, but always managed source something; but I was pissed off with myself for being soo stupid. So, back to Sara in Holland. This time I was sick when we met, few capsules helped, then around half dozen more before i lay down. Again, absolute max - 10% withdrawl symptoms - absolutely amazing! But again, I felt like I was tied up in pitch black cave (couldnt move or i'd get intense nausea) starving hungry, my mind trailing off at times, rest of time BORED!

I've been told that you just can't account for what you might find when you delve into sub concious - It does not mean that you have no issues to confront if u have long boring iboga experience, but 3!!! What is that all about??? How come 4times with iboga TA and such differance in numbers of capsules?-approx 30 1st time then 50, then 6!? (This time I weighed out the 3.5g into rizla paper bombs as had no capsules). Each time someone has decided for me my doseage, besides last week each was for opiate addiction primarily, now each of these doses took away withdrawl but twice I felt like hadn't taken enuf to really break on thru as I did my first time??? Would you guys consider these flood doses??? You need flood dose to do away with withdrawls, but i'm thinking theres flood doses + FLOOD doses, but I don't wanna jus guess myself dose for next time without doing all my homework.

I'm really sorry if this long post has bored balls off you,got wee bit carried away perhaps but I apreciate you guys taking time to read it, + I would really apreciate your comments, thoughts or advise for my next dose.cheers

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

polytrip
#2 Posted : 9/21/2011 12:26:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Iboga is a very complex drug indeed and you´re right about floods and FLOODS. I´ve learned that it´s realy important to indeed have someone guiding you.

I have no idea what could cause the differences in the experiences you´ve had.
I know iboga as an extremely powerfull substance.

Maybe you´re just exceptionally insensitive to it, since it tends to vary quite a bit for each person. For addiction, higher doses are generally required, but just be carefull with it. Don´t do it alone, always have a sitter. Especially if you´re feel that you´re physically weakened.

Other substances can also have played a role here. Especially something like mephedrone could maybe have temporarily raised the threshold levels for it to become effective. I fear that such tolerance could take some time to subside. I´ve heard that there are RC´s that can cause tolerance for some psychedelic´s that can last for months.

slowryder
#3 Posted : 9/22/2011 11:22:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

thats a very interesting point about certain research chems raising your tolerance threshold for some psychedelics, i hadn't heard that before. however, i don't think that's the case here as my one big iboga experience was immediately after stopping using them. After this there was nearly 6months gap before using iboga again. During this time there were opiates but never any sort of RC type compounds.
I reckon my doseages have been slightly too low, but unfortunately besides from last week I haven't known the total amounts ive been given. I'm aware of the maximum recommended doses for ibogaine as per kg bodyweight but i'm not too sure exactly what is ment by 60% total alkaloid extract. If it means 60% ibogaine 40% other active alkaloids then my 3.5g would actually seem like a huge dose. If it means 60% active alkaloids one of which is ibogaine itself, does this mean that no minimum to maximum doseage advise really exists for ibogaTA as each extract will vary in strength and chemical makeup?

GratefulDad
#4 Posted : 9/23/2011 4:43:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

With the number of capsules needed for a dose, it sounds more like you were taking doses of bark. I happen to be extremely insensitive to most drugs, iboga included. I took 5 g of iboga TA at 140 lbs (63kg roughly). That gave me very vivid visions, but my two floods since haven't reached the same state. The second and third flood doses I have taken worked for withdrawal, but it really took me a hefty dose to get what many describe. Generally the 60% is referring to the percentage of active alkaloids. Perhaps a higher dose is needed if you want to go deep, but it's hard to say. Laying back with your eyes closed and keeping the area dark, and quiet can help one delve further into their subconscious. If I had a bit more time I would try to address your questions even more. When I get back, I will try and offer more ideas.

The maximum recommended doses, are much lower than what I took, so it could just be that you are of the less sensitive type, as I am. I took probably close to 47 mg/kg, which is about double what the highest recommended doses are usually. Sara knows what she is doing, so I would discuss these questions with her, if you can. I hope it works out for you as well as it has for me, but you may need to go a bit higher, if the doses you took have not gotten you where you feel you needed to go. Just be cautious, and try to find out more about exactly what you are, or have been, taking. This may allow you a better idea of what you have taken, and could give you an idea of how much further you may need to go. I'm rooting for you!

Good luck!

slowryder
#5 Posted : 9/23/2011 3:09:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

good man GD, thanx for that. On reflection it does seem likely that my previous capsules were actually RB, even though each time it has consistently looked the same consistency + shade of beige - kinda looked colour of high quality brown heroin, as did one that was def extract. late last night I was poking around the Eboka forum + noticed your posts in which you discuss needing between 4 + 5g of IW's TA extract. We are same weight and it is my hopefull belief that like you at around the 5g mark I should be able to again have an extremely beneficial experience. I shall do my homework on exactly what i had before + speak with my friend + Sara, I expect that she gave me large dose the 1st time just to be sure, after that my habit was smaller + she may have been more conservative.
I think your right that some people simply need bit more to enter the bardo, as it were.
Could you possibly advise if it is neccessary or not to wait a period of time between iboga sessions? I have time at the moment + am keen to try once more with slightly higher dose. I have read that a gap of 4months is needed I presume due to noribogaine, etc lingering in the system; but to be honest I have now read + heard so much rubbish regarding iboga that i sometimes can't help but take these claims with good punch of salt at least untill I have filtered + cross referanced them with other sources.