We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Yage Brew Go Bad. Options

Xt
#1 Posted : 9/20/2011 7:23:42 AM

Having prepared a decent sized pot of Vine, I got exceptionally busy for a couple of days.
Forgetting to put the brew into the fridge it has been visited by some kind of mold particulate sitting upon the surface.

Is this ruined? It has a way to be reduced yet and I'm not shy of boiling it somewhat. If it is truly terrible idea to then drink this... would it be so bad to filter out the sediment from the reduced brew and extract the alkaloids?

Confused

β€œRight here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

bindu
#2 Posted : 9/20/2011 7:30:39 AM

if its just a few mold spots and you have a very strong liver you can boil and drink it

although many molds produce carcinogenic poisons, so if there's a lot of mold just throw it away.
blessed be all forms of intelligence

Xt
#3 Posted : 9/20/2011 7:55:58 AM

It was basically a few white spots. I grabbed what i could with a spoon, boiled the prayanama out of it and filtered. The brew looks fine now to be honest. Should i just extract it to be safe?

β€œRight here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

christian
#4 Posted : 9/20/2011 8:57:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Remove the moldy bits, reboil it for some time, and if it tastes ok-drink it. Otherwise throw it away.
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

The Day Tripper
#5 Posted : 9/20/2011 2:47:50 PM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
I would do as others suggested, boil, but be very cautious about drinking it. I drank some molded caapi tincture once, and had flu like symptoms for a few days that could only be attributed to the moldy tincture. The safest bet without wasting it imo would be an extraction on the brew.
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

endlessness
#6 Posted : 9/20/2011 3:53:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wouldnt drink it, extracting it and cleaning up the alkaloids seem safer I think.

Xt
#7 Posted : 9/20/2011 4:52:59 PM

Righto.

― Terence McKenna

Infinite I
#8 Posted : 9/20/2011 5:00:56 PM

JC

Same thing happened to me, I just done what you done spooned off the mould boiled it hard a few times and drank it and it was fine, quite a strong brew that batch actually!

Xt
#9 Posted : 9/20/2011 5:30:34 PM

Well that went to shit. I added NaOH solution with a dropper... the solution went black and nothing precipitated.
Funnily enough that happened last time i tried a caapi extraction.
Mildly pissed of at this whole thing. Wasted a Kilo of vine.

― Terence McKenna