We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I got a question Options

Dwhitty76
#1 Posted : 11/9/2008 11:42:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim is in the middle of an A/b extraction and he just finished a defat but hasnt done the basification.

He just got notice that he's got to fly to N.Y.C. tommorrow for a few day's.

Will it effect the end result, if he lets the mhrb solution sit for a few day's?

He can have someone help him w/ it but he'd rather do it himself when he gets back.

Is it alright for it to sit for 5 days? should he basify before he leaves or wait till he comes back?

Any feedback is much appreciated.
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

travinski
#2 Posted : 11/9/2008 11:47:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i havent done any a/b extracts but from what ive read the longer things sit the better i would go ahead and basify it that way itll have more time to break down
travinski is an alter ego and not a real person, i also like to play dress up when im not playing fictional chemist

Entropymancer
#3 Posted : 11/9/2008 11:51:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

I think the freebase is slightly less stable in aqueous solution than salts are, though both are pretty stable. Letting it sit for 5 days should be fine either way. I'd leave it acidified, especially if it's in a glass container.

Dwhitty76
#4 Posted : 11/10/2008 12:02:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Entropymancer wrote:
I think the freebase is slightly less stable in aqueous solution than salts are, though both are pretty stable. Letting it sit for 5 days should be fine either way. I'd leave it acidified, especially if it's in a glass container.

Yeah, thats what i thought. I've heard the longer the solution sits basified it somehow contaminates the spice (i dont know if it's true or not)....so i'll tell swim not to basify.

He was just concerned about letting the acidified solution sit for 5 days
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

Noman
#5 Posted : 11/10/2008 12:25:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend hasn't had a problem either way, but when he lets the basic solution sit around, he has more gunk to clean from it.

Dwhitty76
#6 Posted : 11/10/2008 12:38:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanx guys Smile