We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Ayahuasca pancake recipe Options

۩
#1 Posted : 9/20/2011 3:27:06 AM

I have been experimenting with different ways to consume the forest rx caapi 2:1 powder and I came up with the idea for using it in pancake batter:

Get a bowl.

Add 1 egg
1 cup of water
add pancake mix to appropriate texture
add cinnamon, sugar, chocolate chips, and blueberries

now add ~15g caapi 4:1 (Really 2:1) powder
probably add a bit more water to adjust consistency of the mix

If your pancake mix has sodium bicarbonate, allow it to rest on the counter for 30 minutes.

Fire up the skillet, butter it up, and make yourself some ayahuascakes! (Add maple syrup!)

Everyone thought they wouldn't taste good, but they were amazing! There was a hint of caapi taste but it was subtle and very very delicious. I am pleasantly aya'd right now and very full... Razz
۩ attached the following image(s):
P1020521.JPG (369kb) downloaded 794 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

a1pha
#2 Posted : 9/20/2011 3:48:12 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Dear lord House.

Smile
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Pandora
#3 Posted : 9/20/2011 4:08:23 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Oh man, those actually look good, but I still say the whole concept sounds revolting. I guess having that 4:1 or 2:1 or whatever powder is the key.

I know if I ask, "How do they taste?" you'll reply, "Dank." Anyone else game to try these and post a review?
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Wax
#4 Posted : 9/20/2011 4:44:45 AM

LUVR

Very happy Awesome.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

dreamer042
#5 Posted : 9/20/2011 5:12:00 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Brilliant!

This little Dreamoar knows what he's having for breakfast tomorrow.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

۩
#6 Posted : 9/20/2011 5:34:12 PM

Just woke up from an 11 hour slumber and I feel so great. This recipe is for the win.

christian
#7 Posted : 9/20/2011 6:05:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It looks yummy. I wonder how it tastes with special dmt icing sugar??
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

۩
#8 Posted : 9/20/2011 6:09:47 PM

christian wrote:

Probably Purgetastic Twisted Evil

ms_manic_minxx
#9 Posted : 9/21/2011 8:58:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

One time, after drinking a gigantic cup of tea and nothing happening for about four hours, I decided the night was a wash and went to eat some samosas.

I will never forget the feeling of samosas in reverse.

Makes me not want to experience any kind of food in reverse! Confused

Quote:
If your pancake mix has sodium bicarbonate,

Does this mean we could maybe even develop a DMT pancake extraction tek? Shocked Twisted Evil Wink
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Hyperspace Fool
#10 Posted : 9/21/2011 9:30:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds good house...

SWIM tends to avoid mixing RIMAs with chocolate, and even cinnamon gives pause. Not life threatening or anything in small amounts, but caffeine makes him SERIOUSLY uncomfortable without MAO in his gut. One time he smoked tarragon at the tail end of a huasca sesh and felt like hell until the MAO came back on.

Worst huasca sesh, hands down, was when he made the mistake of drinking a quarter cup of wild coffee in Hawaii... luckily that was also at the tail end. Not sure SWIM could have dealt with his heart racing that hard for more than a half an hour.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

PrimalWisdom
#11 Posted : 9/21/2011 11:58:51 AM

Everything the light touches

Lol they actually look quite good.
I tried making pancakes with morning glory seeds once and they were pretty much the most revolting thing I have ever eaten. Cactus jello was also pretty disgusting but I'd give your aya pancakes a go.
Sonorous fractal manifestastions,
birthing golden vibrations,
that echo through folds of space & time,
ferry my soul closer to God

۩
#12 Posted : 9/21/2011 4:18:13 PM

I didn't realize people had a problem with chocolate and harmalas. If you have a problem with it, don't use them.

I often like to chug a cup of coffee before I drink ayahuasca to make the trip more "Awake" so some chocolate chips doesn't affect my trip at all.

Also, this is not morning glory pancakes, nor is it cactus jello, this recipe actually tastes good Razz

dreamer042
#13 Posted : 9/21/2011 5:55:30 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I veganized the recipe:

lsdreamoar042's Uber Delicious Vegan Blueberry-Banana Ayahuasca Pancakes
1 cup flour including 15 grams aya 2:1 powder (I used rice flour because I'm gluten intolerant)
1 tblsp turbinado sugar
1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
a generous dash of cinnamon
A hefty handful of frozen blueberries
2/3 cup vanilla coconut milk
1/2 a banana (very ripe and mashed)
1 tsp vanilla extract

• Mix dry ingredients in a medium-large bowl (caapi,flour,sugar,baking powder,salt, & cinnamon w/ blueberries)
• Mix wet ingredients in a second small bowl (milk, banana, vanilla)
• Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well (I added a bit moar cocount milk because the batter was a little thick)
• Cook on medium-high heat in a skillet till browned on both sides.(I used coconut oil to oil the skillet)
• Top with butter (I used earth balance vegan buttery spread) and your favorite sweetener (I used organic powdered sugar because I was out of maple syrup; jam, honey, or agave nectar are also good choices)

Nom Nom Nom!
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

a1pha
#14 Posted : 9/21/2011 5:59:20 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

^ Uh-maz-ing. Gathering ingredients now...

Very happy
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

entheogenadvocate
#15 Posted : 9/22/2011 1:44:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ordering my powder now, and I'll be stopping by the grocery store to get my pancake ingredients this weekend! I'm a horrible cook, but I'll post pics anyways!

Thanks for the idea, House!!!
All posts are completely fictional and for educational purposes only

Global
#16 Posted : 9/22/2011 2:53:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

۩ wrote:
christian wrote:

Probably Purgetastic Twisted Evil

lol

When I saw the title to this thread, I naturally went "ewgh," but if you say it's delicious, I take your word for it. I'm not entirely clear on what the 4:1 caapi powder is --- 4:1 of what? Is there any DMT in this recipe or just caapi?
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

christian
#17 Posted : 9/22/2011 4:04:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks like an end to Jungle Shamanic adventures. They are so out of date folks. It looks like Ayahuasca pancake making programmes is the way ahead!...Maybe Gordon Ramsey should get onto this!....The A word!! Laughing
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

tacodude
#18 Posted : 9/22/2011 6:10:10 PM
Tacoman! DOO DA DOO

id i imagine if you use m mimosa tea with a gelatin/egg white clean up you would have a pretty intense pancake.
If you are reading my post you should be reading this, Understand I am very immature and sarcastic anything said by me should be consider as such unless it is more than 3 sentences long.

Call me out if needed, but also remember to treat others the way you would like to be treated Very happy

BecometheOther
#19 Posted : 9/22/2011 7:26:35 PM

metamorhpasizer

I think this is super cool.

At first i read it wondering, what would be the point of an aya pancake? But now im convinced that i must try this
Props for a great idea house
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

tryptographer
#20 Posted : 9/23/2011 1:19:28 AM

tryptamine photographer

Maybe with a first course salad containing some panfried Cubensis to sharpen the senses. Wake up, chefs!

12NEXT