We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
The *Official* YouTube / DMT Discussion Thread Options

travinski
#41 Posted : 11/15/2008 3:21:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

is a video of someone smoking a pipe and then blacking out educational? ummm i wouldnt think so and if someone is that stupid to learn anything from watching someone smoking dmt they probably dont need drugs coz theyre riding theyre last fucking brain cell anyways. the only reason these videos were flagged was for drug abuse. hell i wanted to flag that neuro soup bitch but she wasnt doing anything wrong. just talking and information. we arent trying to patrol the internet, but some people...alot of people dont have a clue about what they are watching and just assume the guy with the pipe has the next worse thing to hit society and may go on a vigilante witch hunt thinking they are saving society from the evil of drugs.......how do you think salvia became illegal. the info is out there and all you have to do is a simple search. all this is just idiot control
travinski is an alter ego and not a real person, i also like to play dress up when im not playing fictional chemist

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DMTripper
#42 Posted : 11/15/2008 4:03:01 AM

John Murdoch IV

Well these videos usually make DMT look very boring. People smoke and then usually just lie on a bed doing nothing. No one that hasn't tried it has any fuckin idea what's going on there. I think most kids just see the video and don't even bother finishing it.
Salvia videos are more fun to watch because people look very retarded or are laughing their asses off. That looks interesting. Not some guy lying in bed with his eyes closed Smile So DMT will never draw as much attention as Salvia on youtube. Smile
โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

polytrip
#43 Posted : 11/15/2008 7:11:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Someone should start a dr Phill thread here. I believe he vigourously supported the war in iraq and once made a hole show on people who where against it or even dared to question it, treating this as if it was some severe 'being-against-the-war-syndrome' and how these people where so unpatriotic,and therefore on the side of the terrorists and so on.
While everybody knows that dr Phill is leading a double live, being secretly a gay transvestite who jerks-off, watching pictures of dead animals while singing christmas songs!!!!

Dwhitty76
#44 Posted : 11/15/2008 8:47:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
Someone should start a dr Phill thread here. I believe he vigourously supported the war in iraq and once made a hole show on people who where against it or even dared to question it, treating this as if it was some severe 'being-against-the-war-syndrome' and how these people where so unpatriotic,and therefore on the side of the terrorists and so on.
While everybody knows that dr Phill is leading a double live, being secretly a gay transvestite who jerks-off, watching pictures of dead animals while singing christmas songs!!!!

I designate you!! Laughing

We can all relieve some inner tensions by bashing Dr.Phil....My only fear w/ that is that the list of people to bash would grow at an alarming rate.

I think it's best just to let him bash himself when he gets caught w/ his pants down in some sleazy motel w/ an underaged male prostitue,w/ a straw up his nose doing lines of oxycontin and wearing ladies lingerie and a gagball. (oh my lord,did i just say that?!) Twisted Evil
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

The Traveler
#45 Posted : 11/15/2008 10:03:02 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Dwhitty76 wrote:
We can all relieve some inner tensions by bashing Dr.Phil....My only fear w/ that is that the list of people to bash would grow at an alarming rate.

I think it's best just to let him bash himself when he gets caught w/ his pants down in some sleazy motel w/ an underaged male prostitue,w/ a straw up his nose doing lines of oxycontin and wearing ladies lingerie and a gagball. (oh my lord,did i just say that?!) Twisted Evil

Wonderfull Bill Hicks-esque rant. LOL

amor_fati
#46 Posted : 11/16/2008 12:19:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Dwhitty76 wrote:
DMTripper wrote:
Dwhitty76 wrote:
here is dmttrip.com's forum they actually sell ethneogens and are responsible for posting a lot of the vids and ADVERTISING ethneogens on you tube. I joined the forum just so i could say my piece and i would recommend others doing the same.
http://theforum.dmttrip.com/User/Categories.aspx

And www.bouncingbearbotanicals.com seem to run this site so I don't think I'm doing business with them ever.

I saw that, i never used them but they have alway's seemed to have a good reputation amongst swimmers....although, i'm not crazy about the fact that they sell bufo-toads

I can't tell that they necessarily run that site, since their shop doesn't link back to it. Neurosoup always brings up BBB as a vendor, but is she necessarily connected to them? It's pretty simple to link to whatever site you want if you run a page, and SWIM finds BBB to be the most reliable of any vendor he's come across.

DMTripper
#47 Posted : 11/16/2008 9:31:19 PM

John Murdoch IV

amor_fati wrote:
Dwhitty76 wrote:
DMTripper wrote:
Dwhitty76 wrote:
here is dmttrip.com's forum they actually sell ethneogens and are responsible for posting a lot of the vids and ADVERTISING ethneogens on you tube. I joined the forum just so i could say my piece and i would recommend others doing the same.
http://theforum.dmttrip.com/User/Categories.aspx

And www.bouncingbearbotanicals.com seem to run this site so I don't think I'm doing business with them ever.

I saw that, i never used them but they have alway's seemed to have a good reputation amongst swimmers....although, i'm not crazy about the fact that they sell bufo-toads

I can't tell that they necessarily run that site, since their shop doesn't link back to it. Neurosoup always brings up BBB as a vendor, but is she necessarily connected to them? It's pretty simple to link to whatever site you want if you run a page, and SWIM finds BBB to be the most reliable of any vendor he's come across.

This site had like 10 banners from BBB on it.

Like I said. I'm not doing business with BBB ever. There are more good vendors on line.
โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.

Dwhitty76
#48 Posted : 11/16/2008 11:32:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The banners that were on that forum /website didnt concern me as much as the advertisment that was on youtube "buy ethneogens " that was in the upper right hand corner of the youtube post.

I'm not sure if the guy who was posting took the liberty to do that himself or if BBB had knowledge of it.

Most forums have banners of different ethneogen vendors but to have one on youtube is a little scary.

Like i said before, i also dont like that they are putting living toads in boxes and shipping across the country.

I'm no "PETA" person but there is something about that, that doesn't sit right with me.
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

DMTripper
#49 Posted : 11/17/2008 1:48:05 AM

John Murdoch IV

Dwhitty76 wrote:

I'm no "PETA" person but there is something about that, that doesn't sit right with me.

There's everything about that, that doesn't sound right to me!
โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

- mattress -
#50 Posted : 11/17/2008 1:54:25 AM

Mathew

Dwhitty76 wrote:

It depends on how you look at it. I've order fish from different places across Australia and had them delivered to me. So I guess if they're treating them right and doing it professionally. I couldn't see a problem with it.

The big issue I have with that though. Is the fact that they're probably shipping them to people with no aminal experience. Who are just going to abuse the animal to have a "fun high". Once they have what they want from it, they'll just leave it to die.
Xochipilli

Dwhitty76
#51 Posted : 11/17/2008 5:38:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

- mattress - wrote:
Dwhitty76 wrote:

The big issue I have with that though. Is the fact that they're probably shipping them to people with no aminal experience. Who are just going to abuse the animal to have a "fun high". Once they have what they want from it, they'll just leave it to die.

I'm willing to bet that, that is the majority of people that are buying them.

Nobody buys a fish..to be shipped unless they appreciate that fish and want to take care of a living creature.
I's another thing to buy a toad,simply because its glands excrete bufo. Do you care more for the toad or do you care more of the high it can give??

The responsibility (imo) is up to the vendor to make that distinction (which is almost impossible to do),so i think it is bordering exploitation.

mattimus
#52 Posted : 11/17/2008 6:55:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the majority of people who would actually get a toad would know a good amount about DMT and be fairly educated about it.
Enough at least to not kill it and disrespect it
The above is quoted from www.google.com

Take responsibility for making your own life beautiful.

lowjackal
#53 Posted : 12/12/2008 5:04:52 AM

PuddinTane

I copied and pasted this as to not link the nexus to the source which happens to be January-December 2007 microgram journals at the DEA website.
So I agree no youtube videos are needed but dont kid yourself into thinking that the DEA doesnt know about MHRB because its right there in black and white.....They know!!!

The Isolation, Identification, and Quantitation of Dimethyltryptamine
(DMT) in Mimosa hostilis

Jack A. Fasanello* and Andrea D. Placke
U.S. Department of Justice
Drug Enforcement Administration
Northeast Laboratory
99 Tenth Avenue, Suite 721
New York, NY 10011
[email: jack.a.fasanello -at- usdoj.gov]

[Presented in Part at the 33rd Annual NEAFS Meeting, Bolton Landing, NY,
October 31st - November 3rd, 2007.]

ABSTRACT: Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) was extracted from the root bark of Mimosa hostilis via three methods, using methanol (direct or via Soxhlet) and acetic acid (direct only), respectively. The product from the direct methanol extraction was used in both qualitative and quantitative analysis, while the product from the acetic acid extraction (isolated in crystal form after workup) was used for qualitative analysis. FTIR/ATR, GC/MS, GC/IRD, 1H-NMR, and HPLC data are presented. Quantitative analysis by 1H-NMR and HPLC indicated 0.9 percent and 0.8 percent DMT, respectively, in the analyzed samples.

KEYWORDS: Mimosa hostilis, Dimethyltryptamine, DMT, Extraction, Analysis, Forensic Chemistry

Introduction

Tryptamines are substituted indole compounds which are both naturally occurring and synthetically manufactured. Many tryptamines, including dimethyltryptamine (DMT, Figure 1), have hallucinogen properties, and are therefore listed as Schedule I drugs under the U.S. Controlled Substances Act (21 CFR 1308.11). DMT is present in many plants and their seeds, including in Mimosa hostilis and Psychotria viridis [1-3], and can be abused by smoking, injection, or ingestion of either these natural materials or their crude or purified extracts, either alone or in combination with other extracts (e.g., Ayahuasca [4].) Mimosa hostilis and similar natural plant materials are not formally controlled (by name) in the United States; however, they are controlled (Schedule I) if they are shown to contain DMT or other controlled hallucinogens. Despite their controlled status, a number of DMT-containing natural products, including Mimosa hostilis, are openly marketed on the Internet.

Figure 1. Structure of Dimethyltryptamine (DMT; C12H16N2, m.w. = 188.27).

Clandestine DMT extraction laboratories are occasionally seized by law enforcement agencies [e.g., 5]. The basis of this report was the seizure of an unknown plant material (Photo 1) at a clandestine MDMA (Ecstasy) laboratory in rural Pennsylvania. GC/MS analysis of a methanolic extraction of the material identified DMT. Upon debriefing, the defendant in the case indicated that material was root bark from Mimosa hostilis. Similar seizures of this material have been made at other clandestine laboratory sites in the United States, and subsequent analyses of those exhibits confirmed that they also contained DMT.

Photo 1. Mimosa hostilis Root Bark Seized at Clandestine Lab in Pennsylvania.

Experimental

Methanol Extraction: The root bark was cut into small pieces then ground in a blender to produce a very fine powder. For direct extraction, methanol was added to the powder, heated to 60°C with stirring for 1 hour, and then filtered. This step was repeated three more times, except the re-extractions were carried out for only 5 - 10 minutes each. The combined extracts were evaporated to a residue over steam, then reconstituted as needed for analysis. For Soxhlet extraction, the powdered material was placed in an extraction thimble, placed in a Soxhlet, and extracted with 50 mL of methanol for approximately 50 volumes. The solvent was evaporated to a residue over steam, then reconstituted as needed for analysis.

Acetic Acid Extraction: The root bark was cut into small pieces then ground in a blender to produce a very fine powder. A 3% acetic acid solution was added to the powder, and the resulting suspension was stirred for approximately two hours. The solution was filtered and transferred to a separatory funnel, made basic with sodium hydroxide, and then extracted with methylene chloride. The methylene chloride solution was isolated, and the aqueous later was re-extracted with a second volume of methylene chloride. The combined extracts were dried over magnesium sulfate, filtered, and evaporated to give a crystalline material.

Fourier Transform Infrared with Attenuated Total Reflectance (FTIR/ATR)
Instrument: Perkin-Elmer Spectrum One FTIR.
Data collection: Four scans were collected between 650 cm-1 and 4000 cm-1.
Resolution: 4 cm-1.
Sample: Crystals from the acetic acid extraction.

Gas Chromatograph/Mass Spectrometer (GC/MS)
Instrument: Agilent 6890N GC/Agilent 5973 Mass Selective Detector.
Column: HP-5, 30 m x 0.25 mm x 0.25 ฮผm column.
Temperature program: 90°C - 120°C @ 35°C/min; initial time 1.35 min, then 120°C - 290°C @45°C/min; initial
time 0.55 min, final hold time 8.5 min.
Injection port temperature: 300°C.
Transfer line temperature: 280°C.
Ionization source: Electron ionization (EI).
Mass analyzer: Quadrupole.
Scan range: 40 - 525.
Quadrupole temperature: 150°C.
MS source temperature: 230°C.
Sample preparation: Residue from the methanol extraction, reconstituted in methanol.

Gas Chromatograph/Infrared Detector (GC/IRD)
Instrument: Agilent 6890 GC/Varian IRD Detector.
Column: HP-5, 25 m x 320 ฮผm x 0.52 ฮผm column.
Split mode: 5:1.
Temperature program: 100°C for 1.50 min, ramp @ 35°C/min to 120°C, hold for 0.55 min, then ramp @
40°C/min to 290°C, final hold for 8.13 min.
Inlet temperature: 270°C.
Injection volume: 2 ฮผL.
Constant column flow: 2.0 mL/min.
Transfer line temperature: 280°C.
Flow cell temperature: 280°C.
KBr windows.
Optical resolution: 8.
1.5 scans/sec.
Sample: Residue from the methanol extraction, reconstituted in chloroform.

Proton Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (1H-NMR)
Instrument: Mercury 400 MHz.
Number of transients: 8.
Relaxation delay: 45 seconds.
Pulse: 90°.
Sweep width: 6393.9 Hz.
Temperature: 25°C.
Sample preparation for qualitative analysis: Crystals from the acetic acid extraction, reconstituted in 1 mL
CD3OD.
Sample preparation for quantitative analysis: 5.0 g Mimosa hostilis extracted via the methanol extraction
procedure, yielding 1.52 g residue. Added 28.0 mg to 1 mL CD3OD, with 5.544 mg maleic acid added as the
internal standard.

High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
Instrument: Agilent 1100 Series HPLC.
Column: Phenomonex Partisil 5 ฮผm ODS-3 (C-1Cool.
Mobile phase: Phosphate buffer pH 2.5:methanol (90:10).
Injection: 5 ฮผL.
Flow rate: 1.0 mL/min.
Detection: 280 nm.
Run time: 8 minutes.
Sample preparation: 9.9 g Mimosa hostilis extracted via methanol extraction procedure, with the residue
reconstituted in 100 mL methanol.

Results and Discussion

The extraction of DMT from Mimosa hostilis was completed using two different solvents, methanol (direct or via Soxhlet) and acetic acid (direct only). The methanol extraction gave the maximum recovery of DMT for qualitative and quantitative analysis; however, the extract included other soluble plant impurities. The extraction efficiency using methanol was identical whether done directly or via Soxhlet. The acetic acid extraction gave a very clean, pure product, but in lower yield versus the methanol extraction.

FTIR/ATR: The crystals from the acetic acid extraction procedure produced a clean spectrum (Figure 2).

GC/MS: DMT eluted at 6.06 minutes using the described method. The spectra showed a base peak at m/z = 58
and the molecular ion at m/z = 188, along with smaller peaks at m/z = 44, 77, and 130 (Figures 3 and 4).

GC/IRD: DMT eluted at 6.88 minutes using the described method (Figure 5).

1H-NMR (Qualitative): The singlet at 2.35 ppm is due to the two N-methyl groups, the two triplets at 2.70 ppm and 2.95 ppm correspond to the alpha and beta methylene groups. The multiplet at 7.00 ppm corresponds to protons 2, 5, and 6 on the indole. Finally, the two doublets at 7.25 ppm and 7.50 ppm correspond to protons 4 and 7 on the indole. A slight shift was observed in the extract versus a DMT standard; this was due to pH differences (the spectrum was obtained from DMT acquired using the acetic acid extraction procedure, which involved an acid base workup). (Figure 6). (Qualitative): Using the direct methanol extract, DMT was determined to be 0.9% weight/weight in Mimosa hostilis (Figure 7 and Table 1). Using the direct methanol extract, DMT was determined to be 0.9% weight/weight in Mimosa hostilis (Figure 8 and Table 2).

HPLC: DMT eluted in under 3 minutes. Using the methanol extract, DMT was determined to be 0.8% weight/weight in Mimosa hostilis (Figure 9 and Table 3).

Acknowledgments

The authors would like to thank the Laboratory Director Thomas Blackwell, Supervisory Chemists Christopher Guglielmo and Ann Marie Oโ€™Neill, Senior Forensic Chemist Michelle Camilleri, and Forensic Chemists Christopher Benintendo and Ken Fuentecilla (all of this laboratory), and Senior Forensic Chemist Patrick Hays (DEA Special Testing and Research Laboratory, Dulles, VA).

References

1. Duke JA, Vásquez, R. Amazonian Ethnobotanical Dictionary. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL:1994.

2. Schultes RE, Hoffmann A. The Botany and Chemistry of Hallucinogens, 2nd ed., Charles C. Thomas, Springfield, IL:1980.

3. Blackledge RD, Taylor CM. Psychotria viridis - A botanical source of dimethyltryptamine. Microgram Journal 2003;1(1-2):18-22.

4. Casale JF, Koles JE. Analysis of ayahuasca (โ€œSanto Daimeโ€). Microgram 1995;28(9):296.*

5. Anonymous. Clandestine dimethyltryptamine (DMT) laboratory seized in Hollywood, California. Microgram Bulletin 2007;40(7):65-6.

* Law Enforcement Restricted Publication.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies dismembered."
Lowjackal original quote

amor_fati
#54 Posted : 12/12/2008 5:33:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, the DEA's yields aren't so hot. This seems a little off-topic. SWIM doesn't think the issue is whether the DEA knows about it or not (of course they do). The issue is public outcry and sensationalism. Videos of kids extracting or using drugs tend to generate such negative sentiment.

Entropymancer
#55 Posted : 12/12/2008 6:23:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Absolutely amor_fati. The DEA has known about MHRB for years, they're not stupid.

But they don't currently recieve many complaints about "the scourge of DMT" or run across many labs during their operations. Therefore it's pretty damn low on their list of priorities. But if DMT gets popularized, kids start extracting in their parent's houses and parents start complaining that their children are becoming "addicted to DMT", we start getting Dr. Phil specials about DMT, etc.... Then the DEA is going to feel pressure to take action.

We don't want the DEA to take action.

acolon_5
#56 Posted : 12/12/2008 3:49:48 PM

The Great Namah

Entropymancer wrote:
Absolutely amor_fati. The DEA has known about MHRB for years, they're not stupid.

But they don't currently recieve many complaints about "the scourge of DMT" or run across many labs during their operations. Therefore it's pretty damn low on their list of priorities. But if DMT gets popularized, kids start extracting in their parent's houses and parents start complaining that their children are becoming "addicted to DMT", we start getting Dr. Phil specials about DMT, etc.... Then the DEA is going to feel pressure to take action.

We don't want the DEA to take action.

No, no we don't. I think the idea is to keep the information out of irresponsible kids hands. I know personally, I would NOT want myself to have access to how to extract DMT when I was 14, or 16, or even 20. I just wasn't ready, and would have probably abused the hell out of the Sacred Spice.

DMT is not for people who don't have common sense, at least that is my personal opinion. I know lots of people who would be thrilled if I gave them some spice, but honestly, they would make stupid decisions and probably end up getting me in alot of trouble.

Keeping stupid video's that sensationalize DMT off of youtube is just a good idea in my opinion.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

LiquidxTrance
#57 Posted : 12/22/2008 4:26:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
I think the idea is to keep the information out of irresponsible kids hands. I know personally, I would NOT want myself to have access to how to extract DMT when I was 14, or 16, or even 20. I just wasn't ready, and would have probably abused the hell out of the Sacred Spice.

DMT is not for people who don't have common sense, at least that is my personal opinion. I know lots of people who would be thrilled if I gave them some spice, but honestly, they would make stupid decisions and probably end up getting me in alot of trouble.

Keeping stupid video's that sensationalize DMT off of youtube is just a good idea in my opinion.

Hey... I'm 20...

Just kidding--I do agree that this is not anywhere in the same realm as other enthoegens. Many would say that LSD and mushrooms are most like DMT, but these drugs have hit the mainstream and look what's happened to them.

People think you NEED cow shit to grow mushrooms and think they're eating parts of cow shit. In fact, I think I read a story recently about a kid eating ACTUAL cow shit thinking they had "mushroom seeds" or something similarly stupid in them.

LSD is a whole 'nother story. While it is one of the safest drugs one can ingest (physically) due to its dosage, people think even a drop of acid while set them into a "permatrip" or that its going to rot out their brainstem or spinal cord. And lets all not forget: LSD gets stored in spinal fluid so, for the rest of your life, every time you crack your back, you're gonna go back into the trip!

DMT doesn't even HAVE any myths. Let's keep it that way.

bufoman
#58 Posted : 12/22/2008 9:31:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yea I think it needs to be kept off of youtube. As of now it is an unknown obscure compound. However if the media gets a hold of it, they will blow it out of proportion and thus thousands of people will all of a sudden be interested and every joe smo drug user will want some. This will cause further media inflation and more people to become interested and it will become in their words the "next drug epidemic" This is what will cause the DEA to crack down.

almostacontam
#59 Posted : 12/24/2008 4:40:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i just flagged about 7 videos which werent there a few days ago.
at least when i looked.
i'm not sure if there needs to be more than one flag for it to be put down but if any of you have any free time i suggest you see if you can find these videos too just to make sure they are off before many people see them.

i got sick watching these videos....Crying or very sad

edit.
to save everyone time i've decided to link all the videos i've found

video1
video2
video3. this isnt as bad as the other ones. but i dont wanna take any chances
video4
video5
making aya
video6not sure if that is aya or what. but they are acting like dumbasses and dmt is in the title so i decided to be sure.

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me"

obliguhl
#60 Posted : 12/24/2008 10:44:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

PREV12345NEXT»